Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? (13072 Views)

What To Say To Customers Who Ask For Something For Free / First Bank Stays Ahead Of Covid-19, Keeps Faith With Customers / Wonder Bank Operator In Ogun Absconds With Customers' N2m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by successincentiv(m): 9:38am On Aug 19, 2017
Have you ever been in a situation where you finished a service for a customer and the next thing you hear is:

“Please Pardon me, I don’t have the money to pay you right now, I will pay you later”

Although allowing credit sales can bring more customers, it can also be a risk to your business because most times, your customers may disappoint you.

Every entrepreneur wants to be paid on the spot when a service has been rendered or when a customer picks up a product.

But sometimes, clients don’t have money to pay for a spot and may wish to pay later.

However, in this article, you will learn strategies that will stop customers from buying your products or services on credit or reduce credit sales.

1. Place A Notice

If you want to stop customers from buying on credit, placing a notice is one of the best strategies you can apply.

Have you ever gone to a restaurant and see the word written boldly

“Pay Before service”

This will tell the customers that before you can eat there, you must pay first.

One of the funniest notices I have seen is

“No credits today, come tomorrow”

So even when you come the next day, you will still see the same notice telling you to “come tomorrow”.

2. Build A Trusted Brand

Building a trusted brand is one of the ways you can reduce credit sales.

As a business owner, your brand must be trusted before people can pay you instantly for any product or service.

People will prefer to shop on Amazon (and joyfully put in their credit or debit cards) than a low-quality e-commerce company because they believe that Amazon will get the products to their residence without issues.

3. Do Not Engage In Excessive Production

Avoid or reduce the excess supply of a product if want to stop customers from buying your products on credit.

You would eventually need to sell some of your products on credit when supply is greater than the demand for it, especially when you're dealing with a perishable item.

This can be seen in the case of a farmer who produced over a thousand baskets of tomatoes when the demand for his produce is less. He would need to sell a huge fraction of his produce on credit or lose them entirely.

Since there is always a way to estimate what clients would need in a certain period, products and demand should be on a balanced scale to avoid debtors.

4. Study Your Client's Behavior

There will surely be a period where it is difficult to make sales in every market. Note this period and do not try to force sales as you could end up selling on credit. 

Clients can also make large purchases with the hidden motive of owing you some part of the money. If you know your customers well, then you can understand when they are about to do such. Never yield to their request.

SOURCE: http://passionentrepreneurs.com/credit-sales/

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
Customers will want to buy on credit only if you present yourself instead of the business. Lots of factors comes to play though. For example, get ready to sell on credit if your business location is within an area where you're well known.

One thing I've get to understand over the years as an entrepreneur is: Your customers are more likely to request products on credit if your business is small and doesn't have an independent department, like the cashier.

So, employ more staff and see the credit request rate drop.

EntMirror Is A Home To All Entrepreneurs

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by seunlayi(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
Credit itself is a business.... grin ;DGod will deliver us especially now that everything is credit, even government dey do work on credit.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Narldon: 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2017

Saw this in a shop at Ibadan

AFONJA!

grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by potbelly(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
Just put a post on your shop door...
No credit today... Come tomorrow... grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by AkNoble1(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
Yes right on point
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Zeze06(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
cry

Don't sell on credit....

I owned a shop before I got a job...a year after I closed the shop now, I still have people around my estate owing me money embarassed

They just look at me and pass.. cry debtors are evil... embarassed embarassed

Never sell on credit...

27 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2017
Right!
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by seunlayi(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
AkNoble1:
Yes right on point
even women no dey gree credit again

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by bedspread: 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
SIMPLE
NO CREDIT TODAY, COME TOMORROW
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by VampireeM(f): 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2017
lol. OP just cracked me up with the write-up on that image attached to his post which is nearly impossible

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by jonathan111: 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
angry
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by mccoy47(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
Put this up

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Put a sign that says, "in God we trust, all others pay cash".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by lonelydora: 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
Just put a write up that says "NO CREDIT TODAY, COME TOMORROW"

That shows you are not ready to listen to any plea.
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by onosprince(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
You tell them to come back tomorrow for credit.
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by NigeriaBam: 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
Credit kill business

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by ladyF(f): 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
Just ask the person how you will get your money should in case he dies on the way out of your shop.

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by jericco1(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
Simply tell them NO!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Atalia: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
I gat a UK verified AdSense account for sale, hala me
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by TOLULOPEMIDEAR(f): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
credit.......... u go fear o
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by dsocioemmy(m): 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
I no dey sell on credit... simple

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Lexusgs430: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2017
0% tolerance on credit purchases. Credit purchases can kick a viable business, from the throw - line into an open penalty...........

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by lonelydora: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
mccoy47:
Put this up

Can't stop laughing at the writeup
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Engrobiorah(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Gudfrie:

Probably you are
doubting see thisAcct: 02******56
Amt: NGN64,351.00 CR
Desc: CASH DEPOSIT FROM FUMDENGI/RUSS.--- NG, LOSNGSTAN9999871369
Avail Bal: NGN66,721.06

You're a big thief

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Lexusgs430: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
TOLULOPEMIDEAR:
credit.......... u go fear o

No fear nah. I hope pay back with MMM style interest margins....
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by lonelydora: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2017
Atalia:
I gat a UK verified AdSense account for sale, hala me

You don tire to blog?
Re: How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? by Dalek(m): 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2017
Anyone of these works

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad / Gold2naira E-Currency Exchange Customers Support Thread / 32 Ships Laden With Petroleum Products, Food Items, To Arrive Lagos Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.