Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,584 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. (9256 Views)

More Photos From 2face Idibia's Chieftancy Ceremony In Kaduna / 2face Receives Chieftaincy Title In Kaduna - ''Tafidan Kudendan" Of Kudendan / Chika Ike & Oge Okoye Given Chieftancy Titles In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by NIGboi(m): 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2010
jokers we have as traditional rulers!!!! what has he done to get a become a titled chief? can't these traditional rulers do something useful and stop throwing titles around?

D'banj a chief? mchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by AndreUweh(m): 9:11pm On Feb 19, 2010
FL Gators:

wait, its an honor to sing in Igbo, but for an Igbo person to sing in yoruba, its a shame?
are you alright upstairs?
Gators, Iam alright, but not too sure if you are alright downstairs.
It is good for Ndigbo to sing in that language you mentioned.
It is also good for Non-Igbo people to sing in Igbo.
But it is not good when Ndigbo sing with other peoples language regardless of their own language.
Anyway, am happy that there are some Igbo ones without that inferiority complex. Oh!, Bracket was in London not long ago and his show was a full house and he thrilled the audience in Igbo.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Gators, Iam alright, but not too sure if you are alright downstairs.
It is good for Ndigbo to sing in that language you mentioned.
It is also good for Non-Igbo people to sing in Igbo.
But it is not good when Ndigbo sing with other peoples language regardless of their own language.
Anyway, am happy that there are some Igbo ones without that inferiority complex. Oh!, Bracket was in London not long ago and his show was a full house and he thrilled the audience in Igbo.

Bring your head and I'll ensure you that my downstairs is alright. By the time I finish shoitting on your head, your own upstairs will start functioning.

You're not making sense. Did they tell you that they cant sing in their own language?

wait, are you sick?
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by AndreUweh(m): 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

jokers we have as traditional rulers!!!! what has he done to get a become a titled chief? can't these traditional rulers do something useful and stop throwing titles around?

D'banj a chief? mchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
The case of Dbanj is excetional. He is worth the title. He is not a fraudulent politician neither is he a -19er. He is a young man doing what others can not do.
D.BANJ, MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by AndreUweh(m): 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2010
FL Gators:

Bring your head and I'll ensure you that my downstairs is alright. By the time I finish shoitting on your head, your own upstairs will start functioning.

You're not making sense. Did they tell you that they cant sing in their own language?

wait, are you sick?
Carry time ooh, I know what you are implying. I may give it to you double. Concentrate on the topic.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Carry time ooh, I know what you are implying. I may give it to you double. Concentrate on the topic.
why not triple?
abeg, lo f'ori gba'gi jor

seems like you're the one suffering from inferiority.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by freshmoney(m): 9:31pm On Feb 19, 2010
Andre Uweh:

The case of Dbanj is excetional. He is worth the title. He is not a fraudulent politician neither is he a -19er. He is a young man doing what others can not do.
D.BANJ, MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG.

Mr too know, how do you know D'bang is not fraudulent? How do you know is not a 419er? Give me an instance!
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by NIGboi(m): 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2010
so are so many other young Nigerians. if that was the criteria for becoming a chief then so many others should have been made chiefs. i always thought that people who were honoured with chieftaincy titles were those who had in one way or the other contributed to the community. this is just one case of money changing hands
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by youngmonie: 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
i JUS WONDER Y ALL D FLEERR BOUT HIM BEIGN GVEN A CHIEFTANCY TITTLEE!!!!!!!>, WHTS D BIGGY, DEM GIVE AM TITTLE SOO!!!!!, I DNT SEE Y PPL R BRAGGING BOUT IT
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by maedan(f): 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2010
FL Gators:

wait, its an honor to sing in Igbo, but for an Igbo person to sing in yoruba, its inferiority?
are you alright upstairs?

Well it became too rampant, I mean Igbo artists singing in Yoruba, and it seemed obvious it was for commercial reasons. Dbanj stood out with his Igwe song. But I agree with you, what is the difference??

Meanwhile, I hope other musicians will not start hankering for their own chieftaincy titles, from any which tribe.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by AndreUweh(m): 10:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
maedan:

Well it became too rampant, I mean Igbo artists singing in Yoruba, and it seemed obvious it was for commercial reasons. Dbanj stood out with his Igwe song. But I agree with you, what is the difference??

Meanwhile, I hope other musicians will not start hankering for their own chieftaincy titles, from any which tribe.
I do not really agree with the bolded. Ndigbo are doing well commercially in West Africa. Secondly, Ndigbo with over 40 million worldwide, why will their songs in Igbo not sell?. Once again, I say it is inferiority complex.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by SisiKill1: 11:25pm On Feb 19, 2010
@ Richyblack
Oh don't worry, we're working on the emir thingy and it would be a snap because he was born in the North.

Preview of his next hit single titled EMIR.

(sung in the tune of igwe)

wannan mutum
Ya na aiki a Nigeria
Mai sunnan shi a
Mai sunnan shi, mu san shi
Emir oh oh! Sunnan D'Banj
Emir oh oh! Sunnan koko master.

Ya heard it here first. cheesy
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 19, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

@ Richyblack
Oh don't worry, we're working on the emir thingy and it would be a snap because he was born in the North.

(sung in the tune of igwe)
wannan mutun
Ya aiki a Nigeria
Mai sunnan shi a
Mai sunnan shi, mu san shi
Emir oh oh! Sunnan D'Banj
Emir oh oh! Sunnan koko master.

Ya heard it here first. cheesy
LOL!
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by fingard02k(m): 12:42am On Feb 20, 2010
I dont like the way we nigerians are reasoning/thinking, Why is it that every thread in this site most end up in tribal war.We should stop all this non-sense tribalism and grow.I have read every comments in this thread but did not see this most important and the first question any reasonable person will first ask,WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE TITLE ( THE TITLE NAME ) OLUOMA.

@Topic
The name OLUOMA means GOOD WORK .So he must have done something good for the community for them to give him such name.So stop insulting the elders (Ndi-ichie na Ndi-Ozo ) and the Igwe of Ngwa because they know and value what he (D'banj) has done for the people.So lets congratulate him its not easy
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by Sunshine87(f): 3:18am On Feb 20, 2010
I dont know why he got it in Abia state but I can understand PH river state or delta state.

dbanj is actually more active in the south south and south east than even outside the west (other than Lagos and Ogun ). He does charity work and was on the "rebrand Nigeria team". So I dont know why you people dislike him. Hes doing much more than other artist in Nigeria.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_9SoSqLlemNc/SE7lPy9Nk4I/AAAAAAAABE8/BjaU9TCY2OQ/s400/DBANJ.jpg[/img]

Dbanj smiley
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by THEAMAKA(f): 3:20am On Feb 20, 2010
^^^
thanks!! never knew he did anything other than exploit kokoletes.
at least someone finally answered my question, instead of yelling and trying to argue. shior.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by Nobody: 3:24am On Feb 20, 2010
maedan:

I understand what he's saying, but I hjust dont get his "inferiority complex" theory.

Sunshine87:

Dbanj smiley

Is that photoshop or does that girl actually have a humongous size head
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by Ikengawo: 4:06am On Feb 20, 2010
u people need to shut up. you know damn well ppl who have done a lot less in your own village have gotten the chieftancy, so whats with the noise

its not cause he made a song, it's cause with all cheiftancies he is successful and lives a model life.
congrats to dbanj, in 29 years many of your villages 70 yr old chiefs haven't done as much as him
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by vicishow(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2010
Can someone help me with an answer to this?

why is 9ce not livin his life in the way of dbanj?
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by Sprumbaba: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2010
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by idifu(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2010
good for Dbanj he's gona drop anoda album dis year so it's all a promosmiley
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by eldee(m): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

^^^
thanks!! never knew he did anything other than exploit kokoletes.
at least someone finally answered my question, instead of yelling and trying to argue. shior.

You were the one yelling and consequentially making a fool of yourself in the first place. undecided undecided

@topic
I'm happy for D'banj. . . and I'm happy that an Igbo town can at least appreciate the fact that we are still one nation.
The differences between us are small compared to what we can achieve together.
D'banj, while entertaining people with his music has helped in creating a positive opinion of Nigerians to the rest of the world.

And who says success in music shouldn't be recognised??
Go see how many chieftancy titles Barrister's got on his shelf.

Even in the UK, the legendary singer is called Sir Elton John for a reason.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by THEAMAKA(f): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2010
yes because no one could give me any real reason why he deserved it.
so eh hem?
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by eldee(m): 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2010
THE AMAKA:

yes because no one could give me any real reason why he deserved it.
so eh hem?

Well, call me old fashioned but I think throwing tantrums because you want attention/answers is quite childish and borderline daft.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by yme1(f): 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2010
good for him
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by mamagee3(f): 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2010
This is the biggest Comedy I've ever read in my entire life. grin grin
Hilarious
!!!!
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by test: 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2010
yoruba boy collecting igwe in igboland ( tufaika ) , when kelly hansome dey there, anyway na bar. kelly hansome na you be our igwe all this one na fumble!!!!
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by oseiwe(m): 6:54am On Feb 21, 2010
whether u like am, whether u no like am, D'banj don blow oh. The kokomaster pulls up in his bentley and everybody goes poh poh poh.
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by gidson12(m): 7:37am On Feb 21, 2010
@ mama g
i think u r crazy. So u feel he does not merit the title
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by mayrho(m): 11:18am On Feb 21, 2010
I guess this Amaka 'chic' didn't make it 2 koko mansion after Dbanj checked out her own mansion sorry girl better luck next time
Long live the Oluoma I of Abia
Re: D'banj Given Chieftancy Title In Abia State. by ryu11(m): 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2010
heeeheee.

Why are you people beefing dbanj?

The guy is great and deserves the title. He has put creativity first, Are you waiting for him to pass on before you recognize his musical genius?

oluoma means good voice.

A chieftancy is simply recognizing contribution to society. Even the blind have heard his voice and music which are his main contribution. He has several others, he is just not rubbing it in our faces.

Oluoma e ga ebi. Keep living the good life, na only one u get.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Stephanie Linus Okereke Pregnant? (Photo) / Leaked Sex Photos Of Simi And Falz / Rape: Yul Edochie Proposes Death Penalty For Rapists - States Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.