Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose (512 Views)

Adamu Garba: Almajiri Is Our Pride, I Disagree With Sanusi, Emir Of Kano / Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / Dino Melaye Prostrates For Oyedepo, Pictured With Osinbajo, GEJ At Dunamis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose by Flagilator: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2017
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose,
disagreed with Acting President Yemi
Osinbajo over his categorisation of hate speech as an act of terrorism.
At a security summit in Abuja on Thursday, August 17, Yemi Osinbajo said the federal government would no longer tolerate inflammatory statements.
But in a statement which Lere Olayinka, his spokesman, issued on his behalf, Fayose alleged that the development was a plot to silence the opposition.
He said since Osinbajo’s pronouncement is not backed by any legislation, Nigerians would resist it.
Fayose, who said he is not in support of hate speeches, added that there was the need to caution the federal government “on the danger inherent in the blanket categorisation of hate speech as treasonable.”
“I wish to express concern over the
pronouncement of the Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo that hate speech will henceforth be treated as terrorism,” Fayose said.
“While I am totally against hate speech and will support any effort to curb it, it is important to caution the federal
government on the danger inherent in the blanket categorisation of hate speech as treasonable.
“I make bold to say that saying the truth concerning the country and its rulers cannot be termed as hate speech.

1 Like

Re: I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose by Josephjnr(m): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
He disagrees with almost everything with Buhari's sign on it.
Re: I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose by hakeem4(m): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
Josephjnr:
He disagrees with almost everything with Buhari's sign on it.

Except that feeding of school children. he loves anything related to stomach infrastructure

2 Likes

Re: I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose by Hadone(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fayose right now as Buhari returned

1 Like

Re: I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose by Josephjnr(m): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
hakeem4:

Except that feeding of school children. he loves anything related to stomach infrastructure

Funny.
Re: I Disagree With Osinbajo Over Categorization Of Hate Speech - Ayodele Fayose by yarimo(m): 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
No time to read FAYOSE'S rubbish, BUHARI is Back MASU GUDU SU GUDU grin grin

(1) (Reply)

LIVE UPDATES: President Buhari Addressing Nigerians Today, August 21(full Story) / Group Urges Hungary To Reject Fg’s N240m Loan Request / Eek-a-rat! The Nigerian Issue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.