Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos (19802 Views)

Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Who Built Attacked Ozubulu Catholic Church / Gunmen Kill Worshippers At A Catholic Church In Ozubulu, Anambra State (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by paulooo3(m): 6:15am On Aug 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
praying to the same God that stood by as the casualties died of bullets wounds?
please don't offend God, u won't find it funny.
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by riczy(m): 6:53am On Aug 20, 2017
Wat a wasted time n effort praying for d dead whose destiny had been decided, rubbish!
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by longsnake(m): 7:24am On Aug 20, 2017
[quote author=tosinjay post=59643770]When we say Catholics practice abomination, dem go no be so. Which one is pray for d death, where dem see am for Bible? Death and gone, fate sealed. May we live as God wants in this present world so we don't hope for more after.

Y did Jesus bring back the dead to life?
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 20, 2017
asumo12:
nairaland is like a toilet built by seun, where different people(members) come with a mask to poo. The moderators are poo caretakers and the guests, flies. Unfortunately, many members fight on top poo

Just like u eating the poo right here. Baba Werey!!!
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by Sanchez01: 7:46am On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

Maybe you should ask yourself if the departed soul hear your RIP. Is not like speaking with the dead like Saul did? People just talk shiiiit without understanding what they say
Didn't you read your Bible to know that it is forbidden to speak to the dead? Besides, did Saul do it through the Spirit of God or banished media possessed by evil spirits? What happened after he invoked the spirit of Samuel?

We really need to understand the Bible without a doubt before claiming a practice so odd to our faith.
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by hopefulLandlord: 7:49am On Aug 20, 2017
paulooo3:
please don't offend God, u won't find it funny.
go to religion section and see how we've been insulting your imaginary friend called Yahweh, maybe go through my topics and posts and see for yourself

I'm not afraid of your imaginary Yahweh just like you're not afraid of green goblin
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by Empredboy(m): 7:57am On Aug 20, 2017
phayvoursky:
The living and the dead have nothing in common.

Prayers don't work this time.

Exercise done in futility.
who told you? God is not the god of the living along but both living and the dead.
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by ufuosman(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2017
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by adetayo234: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Didn't you read your Bible to know that it is forbidden to speak to the dead? Besides, did Saul do it through the Spirit of God or banished media possessed by evil spirits? What happened after he invoked the spirit of Samuel?

We really need to understand the Bible without a doubt before claiming a practice so odd to our faith.

And when you type RIP, what do you think you are doing, Mr Bible Reader? Speaking to the living? Be fooling yourself thinking you are more righteous

1 Like

Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by Sanchez01: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

And when you type RIP, what do you think you are doing, Mr Bible Reader? Speaking to the living? Be fooling yourself thinking you are more righteous
Like I earlier mentioned. When we say RIP, it is more of a saying than a prayer and most importantly, it is our way of showing empathy towards the dead. You brought up the case of Saul and I took you on it head on. I see no reason why you should be angry.
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
Canonization is a foolish & fruitless exercise by some so called Christian denomination. A pagan practice. If death meet you unprepared at this time, you are lost forever. No wprayer will make you a saint. Some ignorant churches even bring corpse into the church for prayer & some zombies shed crocodile tears there. Who told you a dead man rest in peace after death?

Better make your life rapturable everyday because nobody knows when death will come. There is no repentance in the grave Luke13:1-5
Apostle Paul said, I die daily.
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by adetayo234: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Like I earlier mentioned. When we say RIP, it is more of a saying than a prayer and most importantly, it is our way of showing empathy towards the dead. You brought up the case of Saul and I took you on it head on. I see no reason why you should be angry.

What is the meaning of RIP? stop being clever by half. Write it in full and tell me "WHO" that sentence is directed to or addressing. Is it the living or the dead? If it is the dead, then what differentiates you from King Saul.
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by Sanchez01: 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

What is the meaning of RIP? stop being clever by half. Write it in full and tell me "WHO" that sentence is directed to or addressing. Is it the living or the dead? If it is the dead, then what differentiates you from King Saul.
Apparently, you are one huge dullard and I was deliberately keeping this because I suspected you won't back down anytime soon.

'RIP' as an acronym is primarily used on graves; an epitaph. It somehow found its way to meaning empathy towards the dead, as opposed to medieval times. It is still written on epitaphs till date.

You could argue from now to the end of the world but it does not change the obvious fact that it is an epitaph and epitaphs are directed to the dead.

Just before we lose track, the argument was praying to the dead or not. It still remains that praying to the dead is as useless as anything as their souls had long departed. Man is a tripartite creature. The moment he dies, his spirit and his soul leaves, leaving behind an empty shell.

So when we say RIP, understand that it is an epitaph; the most common in the world just as 'Here lies...'. You clearly shouldn't go about arguing what you don't fully understand just because you are hell bent on winning an argument or probably dogmatic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by adetayo234: 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Apparently, you are one huge dullard and I was deliberately keeping this because I suspected you won't back down anytime soon.

'RIP' as an acronym is primarily used on graves; an epitaph. It somehow found its way to meaning empathy towards the dead, as opposed to medieval times. It is still written on epitaphs till date.

You could argue from now to the end of the world but it does not change the obvious fact that it is an epitaph and epitaphs are directed to the dead.

Just before we lose track, the argument was praying to the dead or not. It still remains that praying to the dead is as useless as anything as their souls had long departed. Man is a tripartite creature. The moment he dies, his spirit and his soul leaves, leaving behind an empty shell.

So when we say RIP, understand that it is an epitaph; the most common in the world just as 'Here lies...'. You clearly shouldn't go about arguing what you don't fully understand just because you are hell bent on winning an argument or probably dogmatic.

So the RIP you write on nairaland also means "here lies", as if the person was buried on nairaland? You are worse than a fool. RIP translates to. Rest In Peace. So, who are you addressing by that statement? The living or the dead?
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by Sanchez01: 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

So the RIP you write on nairaland also means "here lies", as if the person was buried on nairaland? You are worse than a fool. RIP translates to. Rest In Peace. So, who are you addressing by that statement? The living or the dead?
Sir, I'm done here. It won't be my fault if you don't understand a thing. Happy Sunday.
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by adetayo234: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Sir, I'm done here. It won't be my fault if you don't understand a thing. Happy Sunday.

You are done here because your stupid argument has been exposed to be a lie. If you say RIP, then you aren't different from those you say are not true Christians. I even wonder who made you a judge over anybody. Who told you that your name is even written in the book of life sef?

Who told you that you will make heaven?

Who told you Catholics will go to hell fire?

I repeat that you are a dumb soul
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by Sanchez01: 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

You are done here because your stupid argument has been exposed to be a lie. If you say RIP, then you aren't different from those you say are not true Christians. I even wonder who made you a judge over anybody. Who told you that your name is even written in the book of life sef?

Who told you that you will make heaven?

Who told you Catholics will go to hell fire?

I repeat that you are a dumb soul
Now I understand where you're coming from. Your problem is dogma and it is really difficult to figure you are very young, albeit insecure about your practice.

For the record, the Catholic Church doesn't practice Biblical Christianity. You might conclude again but it's the truth.

1. Canonization or whatever is called is unbiblical.
2. Praying to saints for intercession is nowhere Biblical.
3. The worship or honouring of Mary and asking that she intercedes, a clear example of the dead, is unbiblical or unscriptural.
4. Baptism from birth? Except you study any other Bible art from the Catholic 'Good News'.
5. Purgatory and its practice? Clearly unscriptural.
6. Knighthood in churches? A clear evidence of the cultish activities of the Catholic faith.
7. How about we talk about confessing our sins to one father just because he is a priest?

So you see my friend, the Catholic is a cult, a sect far different from the teachings of Christ. Now I have no business with you fighting this because, like most Catholic folks, the formatting cum indoctrination must have been so great that you can think of escaping from it.

And of course, I am no judge, just stating the obvious. Besides, I didn't mention a thing about Catholics going to hell or wherever, I think you unconsciously judged your faith. Before you plan your rebuttal, do well to counter the points I highlighted above about your faith using Scriptural backings. All the best.
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by adetayo234: 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sanchez01:

Now I understand where you're coming from. Your problem is dogma and it is really difficult to figure you are very young, albeit insecure about your practice.

For the record, the Catholic Church doesn't practice Biblical Christianity. You might conclude again but it's the truth.

1. Canonization or whatever is called is unbiblical.
2. Praying to saints for intercession is nowhere Biblical.
3. The worship or honouring of Mary and asking that she intercedes, a clear example of the dead, is unbiblical or unscriptural.
4. Baptism from birth? Except you study any other Bible art from the Catholic 'Good News'.
5. Purgatory and its practice? Clearly unscriptural.
6. Knighthood in churches? A clear evidence of the cultish activities of the Catholic faith.
7. How about we talk about confessing our sins to one father just because he is a priest?

So you see my friend, the Catholic is a cult, a sect far different from the teachings of Christ. Now I have no business with you fighting this because, like most Catholic folks, the formatting cum indoctrination must have been so great that you can think of escaping from it.

And of course, I am no judge, just stating the obvious. Besides, I didn't mention a thing about Catholics going to hell or wherever, I think you unconsciously judged your faith. Before you plan your rebuttal, do well to counter the points I highlighted above about your faith using Scriptural backings. All the best.

I beg your indulgence to read this to the end and make sure you read with an unbiased mind.

7. Read James 5:16, and read with wisdom

6. The Catholic Church gives knighthood and your new church give Deaconate ordination. Where in the Bible did you see the word Deacon? It is not scriptural, yet you do it. So how come you can open your mouth to condemn the Catholic church for using a title that is not in the bible when your church do the same? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

5. Purgatory is real. Read Luke 12:47-48 and 1 Cor 3:13-15. and tell me where those people will be given big stripes or small stripes and where their works will be tested by fire, after which they will be "saved like someone escaping from fire", bearing in mind that nothing unclean will enter Heaven or see God. These things are written by Jesus Christ and Apostle Paul. I eagerly wait to see how you will deny them.

4. Roman's 3:23 says " all have sinned" (not exempting babies) . Psalm 51:5 says "behold, I was shapen in inquiry; in sin did my mother conceived me". And maybe you want to read Rev 21:27 that said "nothing unclean, (including babies, if Psalm 51:5 is anything to go by) shall enter heaven."If a baby dies unbaptised, it will go to hell if the above scriptures are true. So, do you still condemn infant baptism, knowing fully well that baptism washes away sins and uncleanness that can prevent someone from seeing God?

3. Catholics honour Mary and call her our mother because it is the duty of every Christian . Firstly, At the wedding at canna, who prompted Jesus to perform a miracle EVEN THOUGH HIS "TIME HAS NOT COME?" (John 2:1-12). No other person but the Mary you love to sideline. At the foot of the cross (John 19:25-27), John the disciple, Mary's Sister, Mary herself and 2 other people were there. If it were you, who would you think your mother should follow? Her sister, not so? Then why did Jesus Christ say his mother should follow his disciple? Aside from that, Jesus declared: "mother look at your son; son, look at your mother." Will it interest you that John was representing every Christian at the foot of the cross? Except you want to say Jesus is biased, and that will be heresy. Theologians agreed that the Spiritual Maternity of Mary started from that point.

Catholics don't worship Mary; we honour her because of her importance in the work of our salvation. If she was just an ordinary borrowed vessel, like you Pentecostals prefer to call her, then Jesus wouldn't hand her over to his disciple after his death.

Rev 12:1-6, 13-17 talked about Mary. That scripture (Verse 17) refers to every Christian as the remnants of her seed, which means Mary is the mother of Christians.

2. Only a unlearned Christian will say the saints in heaven are dead. A sensible Christian will know the faithfuls who have died are in heaven and watching what is happening on earth. They can also speak to God on behalf of Christians on earth. Mary is also in heaven, along with other saints in heaven, and she knows and sees what happens on earth. She and other saints can intercede for humans. If I can ask an earthly pastor to pray for me (keep in mind that the pastor is subject to like passions like me), how much more someone who is already in heaven and free from earthy sin, keeping in mind that the person is aware of what I'm passing through on earth?

Read Zechariah 1:12-17, and you will see an angel interceding for Jerusalem. The intercession of the angel in verse 12 was followed by God comforting the angel in verse 13, and then followed by God answering the intercession of the angel in verse 15 to 17. This scripture shows that angels can intercede for humans and God will answer. And don't forget that we humans are higher than the angels in ranking in heaven ( we will reign in heaven, while Angels are servants in heaven). This means our words will count more in heaven than the words of angels. So if an angel can intercede and God will answer, how much more the saints in heaven?

1. Do you realise that that Apostle Paul only called Jewish Christians saints and he always referred to gentile Christians as either "faithfuls" or "believers"? Read your Bible carefully and you will have a better understanding.

And I don't need to remind you that you are a gentile Christian. So, you are a faithful and a believer, not a saint.

And do you know why the Catholic Church takes several years before canonising someone or labelling the person as a saint? They would want to investigate your life to find out if your way of life was holy enough to be called a saint. The canonisations you condemn is a way of telling you that " yes, we have investigated this person and his life is truly worthy of being called a saint"

I don't expect you to believe or accept anything here, but I will leave you with 2Corinthians 13:8 that says "You can do NOTHING against the truth, but for the truth. And also John 10:35 that said ".....the scriptures cannot be broken"
Re: Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos by isikaemmanuel: 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2019
This is included in 2019 prophecy, check it outhttps://isikaemmanuel..com/2019/01/prophecy-for-2019-isika-emmanuel.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Kissing His Wife, Lizzy Suleman On His Birthday / Just How Big Do You Think Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry Is? / What Gospel Songs Minister To You Most??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.