Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Why The Christian God Is Impossible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Christian God Is Impossible (2252 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by Pain(m): 12:14pm On Feb 16, 2007
"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst. Amos 8:11-13

Some of These Posters Have A Commission to Mislead. They Have Found The Net A Viable Platform To deceive The Elects. They Dine With Satan

Remember Satan Is A Copy Cat- Jesus Had Disciples. So Does He. I Tell U The Net Was Set Up For The Last Days. Daniel 12:4
Remeber Daniel Said "Knowledge Shall Increase" We Are In The Knowledge Era. I'm Sure Uve all heard of terms Like "Knowledge Management'

Matt. 24:21-25
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Many Sure Alredy Have Their Conscience Seared:

"Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron" (I Tim. 4: 2)

A Turning to Spiritualism
Prophecy: "In the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits." 1 Timothy 4:1. "For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, " Revelation 16:14.

Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by Pain(m): 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2007
The Is A Hint To The 666 code:

Man Who Was Made on The 6th Day, and Now On The 6th Day of His Sojourn Eagerly Wants To Replace God With The Believe in His 6th False Sense.

This False Sixth Sense Emanating From His Forehead (Intellect) and the Works of his own Hands(Technology---And A Rather Crude One For That Matter!)

This Is The Number, The Mark Of Man. The Unique Mark of This Age. The Knowledge Era.This Is What Has Singled This Very Generation From All The Rest.

Today Without The Consent of Few Who Dictate Things By Way Of Technological Advancements ad Setting of Standards, U Canot Transact.

Is It Not already happening that without Knowledge Aquisition on Mobile/Latest Authentication Technology u may not have access to basic facilities in the "Developed" Economies?

This Is Food For Thot. He Who Hath Wisdom Let Him Decipher.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by KAG: 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2007
Pain:

The Is A Hint To The 666 code:

Isn't it 616? I hear 666 was an error in interpreting.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by trinigirl1(f): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2007
I find it very disappointing that "christians" make these exacerbated statements about people  everytime they have a different belief system from ours. Not to mention the misappropriation of scripture.

The root of these exclamations is fear and ignorance.

Remember that we are not fighting against flesh and blood, but spiritual wickedness in high places.  Judging and condemning a person ( as tempting as it may be, since I myselfl have fallen into that trap) is NOT the right way to reason.

Since I've started reading from this forum I thought I knew so much, but I'm learning new things every day. 

Each challenge to my convictions makes me double check to affirm what I believe and I actually have questions that I have to research and find answers to, as was the case for the alleged 101 contradictions found in the Bible.

The Bible actually DOES have copyist mistakes that come with each translation!

If you are not sure of what you believe, then stay away from new age deceptions like reincarnation and unversalism, you will surely be confused and seduced. 

As for me, I'm at a place where I can be open enough to research these systems to a point where I start seeing the error, and it further confirms my own faith.

Where in Jen's post did she ever say that she was trying "deceive the elect".  She is simply stating her own belief system, whether it is right or wrong is a topic for debate.

In all your getting people, get wisdom, get understanding, discern the spirits.

If she/he had come in here as an advocate for reincarnation, encouraging people to join it would have been another matter and your ranting may have been justified.

People claiming that the christian God does not exist is older that my great great grandmother. Please undecided

I wonder if "christians" will ever come to the understanding that everyone has a right to believe and to speak their spiritual belief (at least for now) without persecution.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by Pain(m): 4:41pm On Feb 16, 2007
Here We Go Again.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by trinigirl1(f): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2007
Pain:

Here We Go Again.

Is There A Reason You Go Through The [b]Pain[/b]s Of Writing In Initial Caps? Or Is It Just Your Way Of Annoying Readers? Just Wondering.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by Pain(m): 11:00am On Feb 17, 2007
What Do U Know About Pain?
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by trinigirl1(f): 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2007
Pain:

What Do U Know About Pain?

Wellll, I slept badly the other night and had a horrible pain in my back, that was unpleasant. Then, I hurt my knee during spin class at the gym, now that was painful!

The common denominator is that I always try to get rid of pain, especially the ones in my derriere! grin
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by Pain(m): 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2007
There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in its life, more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth.

From the moment it leaves the nest it searches for a thorn tree, and does not rest until it has found one. Then, singing among the savage branches, it impales itself upon the longest, sharpest spine. And, dying, it rises above its own agony to out-sing the lark and the nightingale.

The Thorn bird pays the price with its life, just to sing one Sweet Song. But the whole world stills to listen and God in His heaven smiles.

For the BEST is only bought at the cost of great PAIN, Or so says the legend.

And so was our collective SALVATION bought by CHRIST on the CROSS.

Pain isnt always as negative as you think.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by trinigirl1(f): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2007
Pain:

There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in its life, more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth.

From the moment it leaves the nest it searches for a thorn tree, and does not rest until it has found one. Then, singing among the savage branches, it impales itself upon the longest, sharpest spine. And, dying, it rises above its own agony to out-sing the lark and the nightingale.

The Thorn bird pays the price with its life, just to sing one Sweet Song. But the whole world stills to listen and God in His heaven smiles.

For the BEST is only bought at the cost of great PAIN, Or so says the legend.

And so was our collective SALVATION bought by CHRIST on the CROSS.

Pain isnt always as negative as you think.

Pain,

You sound catholic.  Correct me if I am wrong.  But their usual focus on the death and suffering of christ is apparent in this fairy tale story. Tell me, do you believe in self flagellation as well?

Please, do you think Jesus came to die for our sins so that we can suffer for salvation?

Focus on the resurrection and redemptive power of the gift not the pain and sorrow of the death of Christ.

What about casting all your cares on him, what about taking his yoke, because his yoke is easy and his burden is ligt,
what about the fruits of the spirit being peace, joy, love, longsuffering (meaning patience, not making yourself suffer).

Stop focussing so much on Pain.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by macalurs(m): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2007
lipsrsealed

I'm sick. I gotta make a quick puke.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by Backslider(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2007
@TOPIC

The Christian God is not difficult. He is very very faithful to his word.

The Christian God wants to Reside in you and take control of your whole life. This is the perfect will of the father. Jesus says he does the will of the Father.

Jesus appreciate this difficulty of living for the father that is why he knocks and wants to reside in us so that we can follow the perfect will of God.

Note: so many people think that Jesus has not got standard for him to dwell in the individual, This is sincerely false Jesus demand standard and this standards is located in the bible.

You may read the bible if you don't have this spirit of Jesus in you controlling your whole life the Scripture will be Nonsense to you. However some people have been led astray by evil men but the word of God stands sure.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by nkhetheni(m): 9:06am On Apr 26, 2007
Looking at the catalogue of atrocities listed above, and committed by a supposedly loving God, it will amount to the most remarkable suspension of common sense to regard such a
hideous creature with anything other than opprobrium and horror.

Why on earth you'd wish to worship a bloodthirsty monster that orders rape and masacres, ONLY GOD KNOWS.  

The only proof of the authenticity of all this is that some white man landed our shores a few hundred years back and handed us some books he CLAIMED where 'of God'.

Chei. Black man don suffer.

He then brainwashed us by condenming our 'blood thirsty' gods while introducing via the backdoor, in abstract, obscure bible pages, an even more bloodthirsty mega monster.

The brainwashing was so thorough that even when presented with the atrocities ordered by this new ''God'', as I've done above, we blissfully ignore them, rationalisiing them with a host of silly, UNCLE TOMIC EXCUSES FOR cosmic BARBARITY.

Rubbish.

The Bible is a barefaced lie by claiming to be 'Of God'.

And the verses I posted above there prove that 1000000%

Hey jen, Are you a Satanist? Why are you so angry about God? Its your choice to beleive in Him or not. But the truth is God exists, whether you come up with your interlectual argument or not.
If you don't believe now you will one day,
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by hannydarl(f): 3:30am On Apr 27, 2007
@ jen33
Jesus never encouraged people to capture slaves.Nowadays his advise to servants to obey their masters goes to househelps or those under the authority of another to serve his/her master with a pure heart.If you realy read your bible properly you will find that jesus did not support the stonning of the woman caught furnicating and the woman by the well who had plenty husbands and was then living with her lover was also taught about repentance and never condemned he encouraged chritians to treat eachothr with respect and dignity irrespective of class,race or colour he also encouraged love for onse neighbour and tought christians not to retalliate when been treated unjustly as you know he taught us to turn the other cheek and also to allow anyone who takes our cloak to take the second one.Jesus was a fine leader and his lifestyle made the jews to wonder if he was the true mesiah because even though he had the power he never fought back.Now dont mistake jewish laws for christian laws .
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by duduspace(m): 2:33am On Dec 15, 2008
@Jen33

Quite a thought provoking write-up you did there, a pity it is not much appreciated. You threw up a lot of questions but most of the respondents unfortunately couldn't think to the depth from which those questions have come and just perceived it as an attack on the Biblical Christian God.

I do have to speak up for this biblical Christian God but not in the way most of the others before me have done and that is to say simply that the concept and the totality of God is too enormous and mind boggling for any one person or any group of people to solely lay claim to having the total revelation of God. It is somehow like the poem "The Three Limericks" of 3 blind men who claimed to have seen an elephant but could only describe the parts of the elephant they had touched.

What we see of God are bits and pieces and snippets that are revealed unto us, I draw an analogy from man's creations as I do wonder what PCs, cars and other inventions created by us think of us (if they could develop a consciousness that is) and I also ask myself if what they think of us really matters to us in anyway (being their creators) and wonder if what we think of God really matters to God.

We can only describe God using ideas and concepts rooted in our human sphere, a sphere those of us who beleive God exists claim was created by him, how then can we totally describe him when he is above and bigger than all that? for example, how would a PC describe its inventor when it can only think in terms of 1 and 0.

I think one of the main problems of the human race is that we want to be sure of everything when it is obvious that we will always discover something new that we have never known before, the scientists at a time claimed the atom was the smallest indivisible particle in nature but that was before quarks were discovered, who knows what will be discovered tomorrow?

I disagree with you that the bible does not encourage people to think or use their brains, rather it does the opposite because the verse that calls those who don't beleive in God "Fools" was from a thinking point of view as it was inconcievable to the writer "Solomon" that anyone could ponder at the wonders of creation and mankind and come to the conclusion that there was no intelligence behind its conception.

It is the way the Christian faith has been preached and practiced to exploit the gullible that encourages such idiocy as to beleive things whithout thinking them through or questioning aspects you find puzzling. It only points out the limitation inherent in the knowledge of man and the supremacy of God. You would agree with me that mankind does not know everything.

As to the supposed contradictions in the bible, I will only say that those contradictions have arisen due to the different eras through which the revelation of God has come and the fact that God had to interact with those who received his revelations at the level of the civillization of their time and utilizing concepts and ideas they could understand. Most of the supposed revelations have been largely misinterpreted and misunderstood down the ages but I beleive if God wanted them to be understood, they would have been passed down in plain language without ambiguity such as when the Bible says "Thou shalt not steal".

For example when I encounter people who quarrel over evolution and creation I ask them this simple question "If the earth was created in 7 days? in whose "days" was it? it definitely couldn't have been Man's days because Man had not even been created at that time, if we then agree that it was created in God's days can anyone then define what God's days is? viewpoints that atimes seem divergent could become convergent when people approach issues with open minds.

I explain the seeming contradiction by simply reminding them that there was no way Moses (who is beleived to have written Genesis) could have understood the physics behind Radiocarbon dating or the mathematics of millions and billions of numbers or the concept of infinity as an infinitely large number. In Moses days, I doubt if their counting ever went beyond thousands, the closest they came to infinity was "as many as the sands of the earth or the waters of the sea" which funny enough is still largely uncountable till today. In other words, God told him what he needed to know in a vocabulary he could understand which was the order of God's creation which also largely agrees with the scientific order of evolution and the fact that God existed and wanted to have a relationship with his creation.

Some of the questions you raised are food for thought but you really cannot say with certainty that the God of the Bible could not exist because you are using concepts and ideas rooted in our human context to describe something beyond us. I beleive God exists but I cannot prove that he does and I'm aware that there are some questions that will probably go with me to my grave. I beleive in the God of the bible and in Jesus Christ his son not only because of what I've been told but because of what I've read in the bible and pondered over.  I do acknowledge that it might not tell me everything but it does tell me what I need to know to chart my course through life and that is enough for me, anything more than that would be entering into the realm of vanity and fruitless exertions.

I also accept those of other religions because Jesus states clearly that the 2  important laws to follow in life is the instruction to love God (or whatever you take God to be) i.e. having a moral compass that guides your behaviour and to love your neighbour (the entire human race).
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2008
@post
Probably because the God does not exist.
Re: Why The Christian God Is Impossible by naomijt(f): 10:49am On Dec 16, 2008
Stuff like this are not worth debating lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

In The Beginning God Created The Heaven And The Earth. / The Untold Miracles Of Holy Koran Vs Miracles Of Jesus / The Treasures Of The Heathens: How To Become A Rich Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.