Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,670 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? (5053 Views)

5 Unmentioned Miracles Of Jesus Christ / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 8:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
Enigma:

This is double-speak to avoid facing the truth. OK, I simplify it --- answer these two/four questions:

1. When Jesus turned water into wine did He do it by His power as God; OR did He do it as a man "using and operating by faith"?

2. When Jesus raised the son of the widow at Nain from the dead, did He do it by His power as God; OR did He do it as a man "using and operating by faith."

It is very simple, When Jesus turned water to wine,healed the sick raised the dead, he did them as a man by the power of the holyghost. You have to remember Jesus didnt do any miracle until he received the (empowerment) the holyghost.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by mbaemeka(m): 10:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hebrew 2:14

forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same: that through DEATH he might destroy him that had the power of DEATH that is the devil:

Hebrew 2:16

for verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by aletheia(m): 12:01am On Feb 19, 2010
KunleOshob:

Examples like this is why we should start naming names and exposing these criminals angry they are leading too many people to destruction with their false/evil teachings.

O yes. Let's start naming names

Sick Healers? It's Not Working For Them Either!

Probably the saddest "cut" of all is the FACT that the majority of what the Word of Faith/Prophetic Movement charismaniacs teach does not even work in their own sorry lives. I do not deny that the Lord our God is a Healer - - - but He does so according to His sovereign will. We, His children DO NOT command healing to "be." The people cited below all (with the exception of the Wimber's) teach that healing is the right of all God's children, that we can speak creative miracles into existence, that we can live in such an "anointed" manner as to NEVER even get sick!
I grew up being taught "practice what you preach" which is a pretty good philosophy to live by. What I have come to learn after years in the charismatic movement is that what the majority of the international leaders are teaching does not even work for them.
What is also interesting is all the people below DID NOT RUN TO A BENNY HINN MIRACLE CRUSADE. Nor did they RUN TO ORAL ROBERTS. Why not? could it be that KNEW, these guys did not have any real power to heal? They went to medical doctors to get "fixed." None of these folks got a "miracle" or received "divine healing" directly from the hand of God. They did what every person with common sense would do, got professional help.
Lastly, it is interesting to me to note that almost all of the people cited below fall into the category of Word of Faith teachers - - - and statistically their cancer rate is off the scale! These are ministers who know one another, teach the same things, and travel in the same ministerial circles . . .and cancer is a common thread among them. It would not be unusual for all of these WOF people to be gathered in one room - - - yet all of their families have been struck with cancer.
According to their teaching on divine healing, the authority of the believer, the name of Jesus, the atonement - this should not be and yet it is. Even if these not-so-mighty preachers want to claim this is nothing but an all out attack from Satan - how do they explain the following:
a) How did Satan get a foothold? (I know these folks were not confessing sickness or disease)
b) Since you teach complete authority over Satan, than even in an attack they should get total victory. (Going to the doctor is not total victory, it is a sign of weak or missing faith in their minds)

Divine Healing That Wasn't
(keep in mind most of these folks teach it is God’s will to heal you every time you are sick)

Doyle "Buddy" Harrison, Founder of Harrison House Books, son-in-law of Kenneth E. Hagin died Nov. 1998 of cancer. He was the founder of Faith Christian Fellowship, the WOF denomination. How could he have died of cancer? He was in the "faith movement" BEFORE Copeland and others . . .

E.W. Kenyon, Father of the Word of Faith Movement. One of the initial teachers of divine healing and it always being God's will to heal His children. Died in a coma brought on by a malignant tumor. Copeland teaches that Kenyon was sitting in a rocking chair, his daughter came into the room and Kenyon said "there's Jesus, good bye," and went to glory. This is a lie. He died from disease.

John Osteen, mega-church pastor in Houston.

Frederick K. Price, Word of Faith mega-church pastor in Los Angeles - his wife, Betty got cancer and was medically treated (chemo-therapy) and by the mercy of God was patched up. "If you need a crutch upon or something to help you get along, then praise God, hobble along until you get your faith moving to the point that you don’t need a crutch." How Faith Works pp. 92-92
I guess after all the years of sitting under "anointed" faith teaching by one of the movements leading faith teachers was not enough for Fred’s wife - she needed a doctor after all.

Jamie Buckingham, Discipleship Movement & charismatic author - died of cancer. He was under a medical doctors care.

Charles Capps, Word of Faith teacher, teaches power of our words to create reality - his wife got cancer and was medically treated.

I don’t deny the existence of disease. I deny the right of that disease to exist in this body, because I’m the Body of Christ." The Tongue p. 43.

I guess Chuck’s wife must have not spoken the right magic words to keep the cancer from her body.

John Wimber, Signs & Wonders Movement, author of "Power Healing," - just died from cancer. He too, was medically treated - no "power" healing for him, only chemo-therapy.
Chris Wimber, GM of Vineyard Music died Feb 6, 1998 of melanoma cancer. Mahesh is supposed to have "healed" people of cancer and AIDS - yet there was no "healing" for Chris.

Mack Timberlake, Word of Faith pastor - suffering from throat cancer, getting medical attention.

R.W. Schambach, Faith Healer - got a quadruple heart bypass (from a real live human doctor)

"You don’t have any problems, all you need is faith in God."

Maybe so, but isn't it nice that He has provided doctors too? Without them, R.W. would have long ago faced his judgment.

Dr. Hobart Freeman, Word of Faith teacher & pastor of Faith Assembly - over 90 people died in his church following his teaching and then Hobart died due to a medically treatable disease.
I personally respect Hobart & his misguided followers. They actually took the teachings of the WOF movement to their logical conclusion. They stood on the "promises" alone and believed in their doctrine enough to face painful deaths instead of refusing to deny what they believed. Hobart Freeman is the most chilling testimony of the complete bankruptcy of the WOF errors. If WOF teachings were true they would have certainly worked for Hobart and the 90+ people who died in "faith believing." (BTW - Hobart is a name NONE of the WOF'ers mention, he was too serious about the teachings).

Joyce Meyer, the fast rising Word of Faith female preacher. On Aug. 31, 1998 on her morning broadcast admitted that she had breast cancer and was MEDICALLY TREATED. I found her admission to be very interesting.

Prophet Keith Grayton, Prophetic Movement - died of the complications of AIDS He spoke at our Church in Detroit, and declared he was totally healed. He died a year or so later.

Kenneth Hagin, "father" of the Word of Faith Movement - sister died of cancer, (he wears glasses as does his son). Hagin’s great faith and special anointing could not keep her on the planet or his eyesight from growing dim. Hagin's sister died from cancer. Hagin's wife had to go to the hospital for an operation even though Jesus "appeared" to Hagin and gave him a special anointing to heal the sick (read I Believe In Visions). If people believe Hagin is anointed then they will be healed, I guess his own family members doubt his healing powers.

Daisy Osborn, T. L. Osborn's wife also died of cancer, yet T. L. is supposed to be an internationally recognized "healing" evangelist. . .but there was no healing for his own wife!

Robert Tilton, God's "profit" admitted he had to get special face-lifting surgery because of the danger of getting ink poisoning from laying on all the prayer requests he received. Why didn't he command healing . . .like he does for countless others over the airwaves?

These people teach that it is God’s will to heal His children every time they come to Him in "faith." They also teach that we can "have what we say." Yet when they get sick what do they do? They go to the doctor just like the rest of us. None of the above received a "divine healing" or a "miracle" by the Biblical standard. In fact, several of these fine "Christians" berate other people who get sick and say it is due to their "lack of faith." However, when they or their family members get sick it is always an "attack of the devil," trying to stop their important Kingdom work.

My point is simple - what they preach does not work. Why not? Because their teaching is not Biblical and thus God does not back up their doctrine.

How Do They Explain The Following Text?

Deut. 34:7 And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

I have heard many WOF teachers "preach" this text in the context of "Divine Life" which refers to NEVER getting sick at all. The fact is Kenneth Hagin Sr. and Junior both wear glasses, as does Oral Roberts, Marilyn Hickey, Charles Capps, and Joyce Meyers (to name a few). NONE of the Pentecostal/Charismatic teachers of divine healing/health/life have ever lived to be 120 years old either. The fact is their eyesight fails with age, like everyone else’s, but this does not stop them from preaching their false doctrines regarding healing.

How Do They Explain?

Katherine Kuhlman - an acknowledged divine healer DIED from heart disease in Tulsa OK, Oral Roberts could not heal her!
A.A. Allen - an acknowledged divine healer and exorcist DIED from alcohol & drug abuse.
Aimee Semple McPherson - an acknowledge divine healer - died of a barbiturate overdose. Why was she taking pills in the first place? Wasn't the "peace" of God enough for her?
Jack Coe - an acknowledged divine healer DIED from disease.
John G. Lake - DIED of a stroke in 1935. He is held up as a great "healer" and miracle worker.
Gordon Lindsey- DIED either of a stroke or heart condition. Yet he propagated the Healing Revival of the lates 1940's and early 1950's. Why?
Ruth Heflin - DIED from cancer, she brought the gold-dust fraud to America and promoted Silvania's ministry to her dying day.

These people were leaders in the field of divine healing, they allegedly got "results" and yet they too died from medical problems. How can this be? Why couldn't their fellow faith-healers get them healed? The answer? - Because NONE of these folks EVER HEALED ANYBODY! They were frauds and con-men/women who DID NOT PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACHED. When the chips were down where did they go? To the next tent meeting or miracle crusade? HECK NO! They ran to their private highly paid physicians and surgeons!

Morality
(these folks claim(ed) a close walk with Jesus daily, many claim to see Him regularly in open visions, some claim to be His prophets, all claim a close intimate walk with Christ)

1. Robert Tilton, Word of Faith Televangelist - 2 divorces, multiple law suits, caught in many lies, utters many false prophecies, uses unscrupulous means to garner millions from God's "gullible."

2. Peter Popoff, Televangelist - a proven fraud (read "The Faith Healers" by James Randi)

3. W. V. Grant, Televangelist - convicted felon for tax fraud, a divorcee.

4. Leroy Jenkins, Televangelist - convicted felon for arson & assault.

5. Jimmy Swaggert, Televangelist - adulterer, opulent lifestyle while crying broke on television.

6. Marilyn Hickey, Word of Faith teacher - shameless use of charismatic trinkets (blessed cornmeal, oils, cloths, seeds, coins, etc.).

7. Marjoe Gortner, came from 3 generations of Pentecostal preachers. He laid hands on multitudes to give them the "gift" of tongues. . . yet he himself was not saved. He admitted this publicly, and made a movie showing him in action. Unsaved, yet seeming to flow in the miraculous.

8. Jim Bakker, convicted felon. Jim & Tammy lived high off the hog for many years. Later they divorced, and in jail the Lord seems to have dealt with Jim and I think he has repented.

9. E.W. Kenyon, divorced his wife yet taught that faith is a law that works by another law, the law of love! We are told by WOF teachers that Kenyon was a man of faith and power - but how could his "god-kind-of-faith" been in operation if he could not even love his wife properly?

These ministers represent just a portion of the charismaniac stew available on television. Each one of them is far more a servant of their own greed and lust for money & fame than they are a servant of Jesus Christ. Each of them promotes a wide range of heretical concepts always backed up with a plea to send the your money.

The problem is that these (and others) claim a high degree of sanctification. Each claims to either have met with Jesus personally, seen Him in an open vision, been visited by angels, etc. . .Yet with only a cursory look into their personally lives and lifestyles one quickly sees how fraudulent their claims are.

Some might want to say "these people do not represent the movement" or that I have "stacked the deck." The sad TRUTH of the matter is that these people are KEY PEOPLE in the movement. Some of these are the acknowledged LEADERS. Since what they promote does not work in their own lives why should anyone else believe them?
Copyright © 1998-2002 Robert S. Liichow All rights reserved.

And closer to home, we all know how Mrs Oyedepo had to be admitted to hospital for a life-threatening illness (all hush hush, of course).
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 7:02am On Feb 19, 2010
What is reallly your point? that God does not heal again?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 7:07am On Feb 19, 2010
@ mba emeka

mba emeka:

Hebrew 2:14

forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same: that through DEATH he might destroy him that had the power of DEATH that is the devil:

Hebrew 2:16

for verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Thank you for the verses. It amazing to me ,if people dont understand the kenosis of jesus how can they understand the new creation and the power of God.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

It is very simple, When Jesus turned water to wine,healed the sick raised the dead, he did them as a man by the power of the holyghost. You have to remember Jesus didnt do any miracle until he received the (empowerment) the holyghost.

You are still playing games; here is the question again even simplified further.

Did Jesus do these miracles as a man using and "operating by faith"?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2010
I dont know what you are getting at. He did the works by faith and the power of the spirit.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 10:44am On Feb 19, 2010
@Aletheia

You obviosly have been visiting some anti church websites which has not helped you. All the nonsense you pasted does not make a difference .The word of God stands for ever.Some of the stories are true and some false. EW Kenyon slept in the lord on his rocking chair, He went to all his friends day before, and told them "i will be going to be with the lord tommorow" At his old age ,he was still bouncing. Should we take your criticism of him or the testimony of the daughter staying with him and friends . I think the daughter is probably still alive. But it is not my place to speak for them.

There is a difference in believing in healing and having the gift of healing and healing by faith.Some of them believe in healing but that didnt make them healers. Others heal by faith, some recieve some dont. Even if all these unecessary things you pasted were true, It is not an issue.That doesnt mean they were living a false life, If they live false lives , you wont have access to the inforation that are true here. They dont need to hide it. Everybody knows Mrs Crouch of TBN has a challenge with I think cancer or so, They say these things openly. and even ask for prayer over the air waves sometimes when going for operation or so. What is false here is your own manipulation of information to suggest secrecy and deception and also try to negate the word of God in the life of the christian .

The just live by his own personal faith and not by another person's faith. Your idea of grouping people into the so called WOF denomination in highly manipulative, Deal with me by the word ,not by group. Faith is personal.

Habakkuk 2:4
but the just shall live by his faith.

The fact that a man has gift of healing does not automatically make him healthy. The gift is not for him but for others, I may have the "gift of commedy" and make others laugh, but that doesnt make me laugh or happy, The gift is for others but the healing minister must live by his personal faith to stay in health. I've seen healing ministers heal others of eye trouble yet they use glasses themsselves.IT IS A GIFT FOR OTHERS. He needs his faith to heal his own. or another person minister to him. It is not a hidden thing as you are trying to suggest. A man with gift may not even know the bible well not to talk of definition of faith. Because he has not developed his own faith he may have some challenges and die probably. " the just live by his faith" Faith is developed.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Sicknesses comes by several reasons; Sin, Fear, Umbellief, Bad eating habits , Lack of care for the body. God didnt promise health if a man would be careless with his health.Jesus ensures his desciples rest from time to time

Mark 6:31
And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.

God instituted the sabbath for rest. Jack coe you mentioned had terrible bad habits ,but all these aside.

There is different between a man that suffers an attack of sickness by the devil and a man that created problem for himself. Healing ministry does not overrule "medicine" entirely. What is medicine by the way. food is medicine ,suppliment are medicine like the saying goes "all leaves are medicine all medicines are leaves" God created all things for our nourishment, There is ballance diets, if i dont take fruits I may be deficient of some vitamins, I have two options ; either I take fruits which is best solution or I take vitamin tablets which are extracts from fruit . Fruit itself is drug likewise food (you know better) . So we must understand the balance. But in all these God doesnt want us to put faith in them.

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Proverbs 4:20,22
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings, For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

You cant use drugs for sicknesses caused by sin. You must be kidding!

James 5:14-15
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: [15[b]] And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him[/b].

None of the men you quoted above stood against drugs, Well , you only pasted what you saw, I have heard Federic KC Price taught that if the prayer of faith has not saved the sick , the sick should take medicine. Even though i may not 100% agree with him on that for certain reasons under certain circumstances.

You dont put faith in medicine but in the power of God, If there is a "natural kind" of health challenge,and there is a reason to take medicine, You dont put your faith in the medicine, That is why we sanctify food by giving thanks,
You deal with it prayerfully first, because devils can hide behind so called natural sicknesses with curses, no treatment will solve the matter,

1995,I was staying with a pastor. An insect flew into my eye , I removed it, washed my eye, But I was having irritation and after several days my eye was turning red an slightly swollen. My pastor asked me if I had laid my hands on it (prayer) I said "No sir , its a minor thing" he said "lay hands on it" I obeyed , laid my hand on it and rebuked the whatever .I dont remember what i said. but instanly the feeling and pain disappeared and the redness left after few minutes. I learnt from that day not to take anything natural.

People function at different levels of truth. I once conquered malaria by faith but I take cold for granted as minor, until early last year, any time i feel cold sneezing , nassal blockade. i go for procold and co. and it worked each time some times I dont even finish the dosage,but i would be ok. I used easily catch that thing, Early last year, I had it again and I used my wonder drugs as usual, but it didnt go i finished tree packs! no result. I got grieved , I remeber the testimony of how I dealth with malaria. I said ," I am the seed of Abraham. Christ is my life, i command this symptoms of cold to dissapear now in the name of Jesus!" It left immediately till today no more symptoms no more drugs. If i ever experience it again in future (God forbid) ,I will do thesame thing . I will insist on my healing.I have discovered the secret . But I wont impose my faith on others or condemn them.

There is a higher life for us in Christ, We need to uderstand the extent of his power in our lives. There is a place for us where either natural sicknes or not we can function in divine health. And it is the teaching of this truth that will get us there.

Exodus 23:25
And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy[b] bread, and thy water[/b]; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

Mark 16:18
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

When is Christ expecting this? now! The rapture will not take place until we manifest this truth in full comprehension of our oness with christ. He wont come until we have put his enemies ;sickness, death and poverty under our foot.

Psalm 110:1
The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Mark 16:18
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

So that is why faith must be taught , healing must be taught for people

Either a miracle takes 2 second 2minutes or 2 days to be perfected . it is still a miracle.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

I dont know what you are getting at. He did the works by faith and the power of the spirit.

What I'm getting at is that you are WRONG, and it is indeed heresy, to say that Jesus was just "a man who operated by faith".

OK here are some other simple questions.

1. When Jesus was in Mary's womb, was He God or not?

2. When Jesus was born, was He God or not?

3. When Jesus was aged 12, was He God or not?

4. At age 30 just before His baptism, was Jesus God or not?

5. Immediately after His baptism, was Jesus God or not?

6. When He did all His miracles, was Jesus God or not?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Tonyet1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2010
aletheia:

Just five questions sir.
1. When Elijah prayed, did it rain that very day or not?
2. When Jesus healed that blind man at Bethsaida, was it that very day he regained sight or not?
3. When Peter healed the lame man at the beautiful gate, was it that very day he walked or not?
4. When Paul healed the crippled man at Lystra, was it that very day he walked or not?
5. If any of you can give one example from scripture of a miracle occurring not on the same day but at  some time after the encounter with Jesus, the Apostles or even the old testament prophets, then I will concede the argument. Please note I said miracles not prophecies.

Mr.Aletheia,

you are one nice guy i enjoy reading posts from here but these questions are filled with so much sentiments for the men of God. ok i'll answer the questions you asked me.

It is very important for you and me to understand that miracles still exist and are performed daily, even though we rarely see them. Because of the veiling power the fake ones have against the real ones. They have more money(s) to air miracle programs while the real ones barely have what to even take care of themselves.

That said, you must know that Miracles have their root in something, and that root is called the POWER of GOD - dunamos (a living force that can be passed unto another person).

As for Jesus Christ it was said that He had the Fulness of the Power of God in Him. And this fulness did not just come on him but after he had gone thru' a strong fasting for 40days.

This means that dunamos comes in quantity gradually until one will be FILLED. Ask me how, Do you recall when the woman with the issue of blood touched on Christ,you remember that he spoke immediately saying "I FELT HEALING POWER GOING OUT FROM ME"-Luke.8:46. Its just like filling a bottle with water, a little leakage will mean that the quantity will never be as it was. do you understand?

Recall, we are not Jesus Christ, we are the followers of Jesus Christ, and as such it means WE ARE CONSTANTLY LEARNING the ways of Jesus Christ and his mighty acts. We may not get it all at first but with time in his word and constant faith we will do it.

The disciples who witnessed Jesus in the flesh, who saw all the mighty deeds he performed still made their own mistakes/gaffes when cases similar to what Christ did was brought to them.

Matt 17:15-21

15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is epileptic, and suffereth grievously; for oft-times he falleth into the fire, and off-times into the water.

16 And I brought him to thy disciples,[size=13pt] and they could not cure him [/size] . . .

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast it out?

20 And he saith unto them, Because of your little faith: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

21(But this kind goeth not out save by prayer and fasting .)ASV

You see even the disciples could not even perform as expected even though they dined and wined with the Great Christ himself.

What is worth noting is that after the gaffes, Jesus christ came in and taught them how they ought to get result the next time it comes. These MOGs are not God, they are men with limitations who still suffer doubts too. hence they faulter or will i say perform little when faced with great challenges. Why? because they are still learning and growing in the grace of Jesus' might.

When i believe in the power of Christ i can heal all many of sickness but not immediately, i must first learn to grow in the grace.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Enigma
Enigma:

What I'm getting at is that you are WRONG, and it is indeed heresy, to say that Jesus was just "a man who operated by faith".

OK here are some other simple questions.

" The word was God . The word became flesh, Emmanuel means God with us." I know you are trying to pitch me against the deity of Jesus, but there is no need. Jesus will always be God.
The point y ou need to Know is that Jesus didnt operate in his earthly ministry as God. Remember he is the last Adam. Why last Adam. Adam means "Mankind" The first Adam was a neutra man. He was not perfect no mature but was created to grow up to maturity and to be like God. He was to Judge other heavenly beigns such as angels( Heb 6) but he sinned and the whole human race sinned in him. Satan took over the authority that God gave Adam over the earth. So Satan became "god of this world" God had to send another man to defeat satan .Jesus also called the second Adam or Last Adam which means ,if he fail, no more bullet. He was different from other men because he didnt have the nature of sin .God will not fight for man. It was man that relinquished his authority to satan, it is man that will get it back, if not God will not be justified in his judgement. Every man on earth had the nature of sin hence under control of satan. Jesus was "SEED OF THE WOMAN" He was not from Joseph , The blood in jesus body was neither from Mary nor from Joseph , He was pure. He came as a man. Satan knew what he came for. "The authority over the earth" He tried to decieve him like the first Adam by temptation.

Luke 4:6-7
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for[b] that is delivered unto me[/b]; and to whomsoever I will I give it. [7] If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

If satan say it was delivered to him, who delivered it to him ? Adam did. and only Adam can take it back.

Jesus was empowered by the holyghost. He only Abrahamic covenant. He was " THE SEED OF ABRAHAM" Israel lost out of the blessing of Abrahamic covenant, through sin. The custodian of Abrahamic covenant are not supposed to be sick ,poor ,oppressed, enchanted etc.

Exodus 23:25
And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

When he see Abraham seed sick , he was touched.

Luke 13:16
And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

That was why he refused to heal the gentiles , because they didnt have part in Abraham. A woman begged for healing and Jesus refused because she was not seed of Abraham.

Matthew 15:26
But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

He didnt heal as God coming down to earth to perform miracles . He healed as a man filled with the power of the holyghost . He also delegated power to his disciples also and sent them out because they were abrahams children.
When he defeated the devil after death he took the keys of authority from him. He gave the power to us. You have to know that The glory of the risen Christ is hhigher than the glory of the Jesus that walked on the earth. This new glory is what the church has now. I am not trying to be like Jesus of nazareth , I want to function in the power of the new creation. The born again man. I know this will be hard for some people. but that is who we are. That is what christ came for , to bring us into union with God. same holines, righteousness. Right now ,I am as holy as God is! Jesus is not waiting for me ,just to do what he did ,the way is open now , for me to do far more than he did. If you believe in his name.

John 14:12
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

The resurected Christ has greater glory than the Jesus born of Mary.It is the resurected Jesus we follow,

Romans 1:4
And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Jesus passed the
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2010
You see, "Pastor" Agbaje, an informed Christian will give automatic straightforward answers to those questions without hesitation. An informed Christian will not go through the rigmarolle of your lengthy post. As can be expected, however, a person who subscribes to the WoF heresy and such similar will not be able to give direct answers to those questions (below again) and will be playing cat and mouse and deceiving himself.

One more chance for you, here are the questions again:

ETA: after we resolve this issue of these questions, I will try and deal with some nonsenses and heresy in your last post above; see, WoF doctrine is full of heresy and because you are steeped in WoF doctrine you spout loads of heresy --- but the one redeeming thing is that you seem to honestly believe the heresy that you spout!
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 9:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Enigma , Altheia and others.
I will really appreciate you to deal with issues directly than this WOF tagging which only you guys understand. It sounds very manipulative to me. I will gladly love to say yeah , I belong to WOF denomination and movement. I agree with their ideals etc. I dont know WOF movement , There are things KC price teach that i ddont agree with and others you mentioned. So If we are talking about prosperity, lets deal with prosperity according to Scriptures. If we are dealing with the deity of Jesus , lets deal with it according to scriptures. I never ask you which church or movement or association you belong, because I dont want to bias my mind about you. So stop trying to rope me with groups I know nothing about. If im wrong and you prove it scripturally , beauttiful, I will learn, but you should convince me by the word not This KunleOshob Style.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by aletheia(m): 9:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^^
Evasive. Pastor Agbaje will neither answer yes nor no to those questions even if his life depends on it. So let me lend a hand.

Jesus' Two Natures

Jesus is God in human flesh. He is not half God and half man. He is fully God and fully man. At the incarnation He added to His divine nature the nature of man. Thus He has two natures: divine and human. He is both God and man at the same time. He is not merely a man who "had God within Him" nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle." He is God, second person of the Trinity. "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" (Heb.1:3). Jesus' two natures are not  "mixed together," nor are they combined into a new God-man nature. They are separate yet act as a unit. This is called the Hypostatic Union.
This is another mystery we have to accept by faith, but we need to understand its significance or we can end up believing a false gospel.
The following chart should help you see the two natures of Jesus "in action":

[table]
[tr][td]GOD[/td][td]MAN[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He is worshipped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; 28:9)[/td][td]He worshipped the Father (John 17)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He is prayed to (Acts 7:59; 1 Cor. 1:1-2)[/td][td]He prayed to the Father (John 17:1)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:8 )[/td][td]He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)[/td][td]He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15)[/td][td]He was tempted (Matt. 4:1)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He knew all things (John 21:17)[/td][td]He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He gives eternal life (John 10:28)[/td][td]He died (Rom. 5:cool[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]The fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9)[/td][td]He has a body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39)[/td][/tr]
[/table]

KJV: I Timothy 3:16. And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by mbaemeka(m): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2010
@ bro joagbaje

wow! such greater light!
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2010
@aletheia

Amen (not being 'religious'; I just agree; so once again, Amen).

@ Joagbaje

I am genuinely and honestly sorry if/that I offended you. My problem is that it offends me to the very depth of my being to see anyone misled by and repeat WoF doctrine which goes contrary to the teachings of Christ Himself, contrary to the teachings of the apostles, contrary to the Bible (because it is twisted or contradicted by "revelation knowledge", contrary to "historic Christianity" over the ages. Secondly while Christians (focusing on Western Christianity as opposed to e.g. Eastern Orthodoxy etc) may disagree on many things e.g. tithing, baptism of children etc. in terms of seriousness of doctrine, these are minor things --- and do not lead to a parting of ways. When it comes to the person of the CHRIST, differences on His person and status ultimately tend to lead to a parting of ways --- the parting of ways is part of the original meaning of "heresy".

Now to the crucial point: in today's Western Christianity most of us, despite our differences, are agreed on the person and status of Christ. The principal group that differs from the rest of us are those who adhere to the WoF view of the person and status of Christ ---- i.e. that He was "just a man who operated by faith."  This is heresy to the rest of us in Western Christianity and we have no choice but to declare WoF adherents as heretics to us.

I would like to say I will not refer to you as a WoFer but I cannot honestly do it. The reason is very simple: although you may not have known it until now, you are always repeating WoF doctrine; you have also referred to people like E W Kenyon, Fred K C Price as people whose teachings you follow; well these are major WoF leaders; inasmuch as you repeat here their teachings you are a WoFer. Another reason why I cannot totally promise to stop is that I want to warn others in your shoes ---- to be aware of the sources of the doctrines that they believe i.e. from the WoF teachers and, in my view, ultimately from the deception of satan.

After having said all that, I want to return to a positive tone. Please pay plenty of attention to aletheia's post; study the Bible again and compare your understanding of kenosis to what aletheia explained. Finally, look up and study something called "the hypostatic union." (EDIT: I see, belatedly, that aletheia also referred to the Hypostatic Union)

God bless (genuinely meant and not just religious spout)
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by aletheia(m): 10:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
@Joagbaje & mba emeka

Biblical divine healing versus other types of healing

There are basically five types of healing in the world today.
1. Biblical Divine Healing,
2. Natural Healing,
3. Medicinal/Medical Healing,
4. Psychological Healing, and
5. Paranormal/Demonic Healing.

Biblical Divine Healing
True Biblical Divine Healing is[b] immediate, lasting, verifiable and all the glory goes to Jesus Christ.[/b]

(a) Immediate
All the examples of Biblical Divine Healing in the New Testament were accomplished by the power of God instantaneously. They were not done by the person (with the exception of Jesus Christ Himself) but were done through the person by the Holy Spirit. God is the only One who can do a creative healing (hence why these false healers start stammering when you ask them why aren't amputees being healed today). All other healings are natural or lying wonders, but only God can create. Healings in the NT never took a long time. They were always accomplished the same day, and in most cases were instantaneous.
(b) Lasting
All Biblical Divine Healings were lasting. They lasted for the rest of the person's natural life. They did not wear off. The person that was healed did not have to come back for repeated treatments or healings.
(c) Verifiable
All Biblical Divine Healings were verifiable. The NT healings were obvious healings. The most obvious were recorded as proof. Nearly half the incidents of healings in the NT that are descriptively recorded are of the most obvious kind, completely verifiable, beyond question. The people who were healed were well known in the community, in fact they were known by their ailment. The NT incidents of obvious healings were used as proof, as a sign verifying who Jesus Christ was and the validity of the ministry and the authority of the Apostles.
A few examples will suffice
Matthew 4:24 News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them.
Matthew 8:3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.
Matthew 8:8, 13 The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.
Due to space and time constraints, I will list some verses and the ailments cured.
Matthew 8:14-15 - fever
Matthew 9:21-22  - 12 years bleeding
Matthew 11:5  - blind, lame, leprosy, the deaf, the dead
Matthew 12:10 - a man with a shriveled hand
Matthew 15:30 - the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute
Matthew 21:14 - the blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them.
Mark 1:42 - leprosy
Mark 5:23 - dying daughter
Mark 10:52 - public figure known to be blind
Luke 7:7 - dead son
Luke 7:21 - diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, blind.
Luke 8:50 - daughter dead
Luke 13:10-13 - crippled for eighteen years
Luke 14:4 - dropsy (heart failure)
Luke 17:15 - 10 lepers
John 5:9-10 - an invalid for thirty-eight years
John 11:1 - Lazarus raised from the dead
Acts 3:16 - crippled from birth
Acts 8:7 - paralytics and cripples
Acts 9:40 - dead woman
Acts 14:9 - a man crippled in his feet, who was lame from birth and had never walked.
Acts 28:8 - fever and dysentery
If you would deign to study these scriptures, you will note the immediacy of all the healings. Furthermore the diseases listed were incurable at that time of history.

(d) All Glory to God
All the glory goes to God for Biblical Divine Healing because it is impossible for anything or anyone to effect Biblical Divine Healing except God Himself. Divine healing can occur at any time or any place. God can heal in response to the prayers of the righteous (James 5:16) in answer to the prayers of the elders in a local church (James 5:14) or simply because God wants to heal someone. I see no evidence in Scripture AT ALL of divine healing occurring as a sign to justify false teachers or false prophets. I believe it is possible for a person to receive divine healing anywhere. It is even remotely possible for God to heal someone for His own purposes at a meeting of a false teacher, but in that case it is also a test and the responsibility of that Christian to understand that the Lord did the healing and he is commanded to get away from false teachers as Jesus and the Apostles told us to do.

To definitively prove that a healing is a Biblical Divine Healing today. . .that healing would have to be
(1) of an incurable condition
(2) obvious
(3) verifiable
(4) a problem well known to many people
(5) immediate
(6) lasting and
(7) ascribed alone to the glory of God Who accomplished it by His omnipotent power alone.
If it does not meet ALL these criteria it should not be used to prove it is a type of Biblical Divine Healing.

As the LORD permits, I will post later concerning the other types of healing.

In conclusion. . .

Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2010
aletheia:

^^^
Evasive. Pastor Agbaje will neither answer yes nor no to those questions even if his life depends on it. So let me lend a hand.

Mr Aletheia . Point of correction, I am not evasive, I have answered the question twice. Jesus will always be God. But the miracles of Jesus were not done as God, but by the power of the spirit in the man Jesus. His question is not clear to me , if he tells me where he's going I will hit the nail on the head.

Now This your WOF matter, If you ask if I believe in Some teaching by kenneth Hagin, EW Kenyon. I believe in many of their teachings because they teach on faith and the new creation, Does that make me WOFa ? If it does , glory! This teachings contains deep truths and that is what every Christian need to hear.

Now you find some individuals in bondage of ignorance ,who dont have the the infilling of the holyghost attack those who have the spirit. I have seen some of these sites before , and I wonder " do we still have people as ignorant in this age?" You should get to study materials on faith yourself. If study on faith is what makes a man WOF in your definition Then I will be glad to say I am.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 9:32am On Feb 20, 2010
Joagbaje:

Mr Aletheia . Point of correction, I am not evasive, I have answered the question twice.

No you have not answered the questions; instead you evaded them with double-speak; that is why we say you are being evasive.

Jesus will always be God. But the miracles of Jesus were not done as God, but by the power of the spirit in the man Jesus.

This is where you need to be clear. Jesus did the miracles using some of His power as God.

His question is not clear to me , if he tells me where he's going I will hit the nail on the head.

Here you are simply being duplicitous because I made clear before in post no 40 above that: What I'm getting at is that you are WRONG, and it is indeed heresy, to say that Jesus was just "a man who operated by faith".

Now This your WOF matter, If you ask if I believe in Some teaching by kenneth  Hagin, EW Kenyon. I believe in many of their teachings because they teach on faith and the new creation, Does that make me WOFa ? If it does , glory!

So just admit you are a WoFer because it is widely known by informed Christians worldwide that Hagin and Kenyon are the fathers of WoF.

This teachings contains deep truths and that is what every Christian need to hear.

No these teachings are full of heresies and the same old lies of satan in Genesis e.g. that you are god. For example you are sooo brainwashed by it that in ignorance you claim heretically earlier that you, Joagbaje, are as holy as God Almighty!! Can you not see through that one claim that WoF teaching is leading you directly back to satan --- the same way satan persuaded Eve (and Adam) that they shall be as God?

RUN for your life from WoF and from the teachings of Kenyon and Hagin (who was a pathological liar!).

Now you find some individuals in bondage of ignorance ,who dont have the the infilling of the holyghost attack those who have the spirit.

How do you know who has the infilling of the Holy Ghost or not. Oh, I forgot you are "god"! And don't come back with "by their fruit" . . . because we know very well the fruit of WoF doctrine.

I have seen some of these sites before , and I wonder " do we still have people as ignorant in this age?" You should get to study materials on faith yourself. If study on faith is what makes a man WOF in your definition Then I will be glad to say I am.

Studying faith is good, if it is faith as taught in the Bible; studying "faith" as taught by WoF is dangerous - both spiritually and materially!
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 9:58am On Feb 20, 2010
aletheia:

@Joagbaje & mba emeka

Biblical divine healing versus other types of healing

There are basically five types of healing in the world today.
1. Biblical Divine Healing,
2. Natural Healing,
3. Medicinal/Medical Healing,
4. Psychological Healing, and
5. Paranormal/Demonic Healing.

Biblical Divine Healing
True Biblical Divine Healing is[b] immediate, lasting, verifiable and all the glory goes to Jesus Christ.[/b]

(a) Immediate
All the examples of Biblical Divine Healing in the New Testament were accomplished by the power of God instantaneously. They were not done by the person (with the exception of Jesus Christ Himself) but were done through the person by the Holy Spirit. God is the only One who can do a creative healing (hence why these false healers start stammering when you ask them why aren't amputees being healed today). All other healings are natural or lying wonders, but only God can create. Healings in the NT never took a long time. They were always accomplished the same day, and in most cases were instantaneous.
(b) Lasting
All Biblical Divine Healings were lasting. They lasted for the rest of the person's natural life. They did not wear off. The person that was healed did not have to come back for repeated treatments or healings.
(c) Verifiable
All Biblical Divine Healings were verifiable. The NT healings were obvious healings. The most obvious were recorded as proof. Nearly half the incidents of healings in the NT that are descriptively recorded are of the most obvious kind, completely verifiable, beyond question. The people who were healed were well known in the community, in fact they were known by their ailment. The NT incidents of obvious healings were used as proof, as a sign verifying who Jesus Christ was and the validity of the ministry and the authority of the Apostles.
A few examples will suffice
Matthew 4:24 News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them.
Matthew 8:3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.
Matthew 8:8, 13 The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.
Due to space and time constraints, I will list some verses and the ailments cured.
Matthew 8:14-15 - fever
Matthew 9:21-22  - 12 years bleeding
Matthew 11:5  - blind, lame, leprosy, the deaf, the dead
Matthew 12:10 - a man with a shriveled hand
Matthew 15:30 - the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute
Matthew 21:14 - the blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them.
Mark 1:42 - leprosy
Mark 5:23 - dying daughter
Mark 10:52 - public figure known to be blind
Luke 7:7 - dead son
Luke 7:21 - diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, blind.
Luke 8:50 - daughter dead
Luke 13:10-13 - crippled for eighteen years
Luke 17:15 - 10 lepers
John 5:9-10 - an invalid for thirty-eight years
John 11:1 - Lazarus raised from the dead
Acts 3:16 - crippled from birth
Acts 8:7 - paralytics and cripples
Acts 9:40 - dead woman
Acts 14:9 - a man crippled in his feet, who was lame from birth and had never walked.
If you would deign to study these scriptures, you will note the immediacy of all the healings. Furthermore the diseases listed were incurable at that time of history.

(d) All Glory to God
All the glory goes to God for Biblical Divine Healing because it is impossible for anything or anyone to effect Biblical Divine Healing except God Himself. Divine healing can occur at any time or any place. God can heal in response to the prayers of the righteous (James 5:16) in answer to the prayers of the elders in a local church (James 5:14) or simply because God wants to heal someone. I see no evidence in Scripture AT ALL of divine healing occurring as a sign to justify false teachers or false prophets. I believe it is possible for a person to receive divine healing anywhere. It is even remotely possible for God to heal someone for His own purposes at a meeting of a false teacher, but in that case it is also a test and the responsibility of that Christian to understand that the Lord did the healing and he is commanded to get away from false teachers as Jesus and the Apostles told us to do.

To definitively prove that a healing is a Biblical Divine Healing today. . .that healing would have to be
(2) obvious
(3) verifiable
(5) immediate
(6) lasting and
(7) ascribed alone to the glory of God Who accomplished it by His omnipotent power alone.
If it does not meet ALL these criteria it should not be used to prove it is a type of Biblical Divine Healing.

As the LORD permits, I will post later concerning the other types of healing.

In conclusion. . .

Aleeetheiiiaaa!
You can't use sense knowledge in spiritual things.
I do the word , cast out devils and heal the sick. There are instant miracles that have been wrought through me, and there had been cases that has instant improvement and got perfected over few hours or few days. So are you blaming the holyspirit for that? This only make one thing clear that you don't flow in the supernatural, because if you do , you would by experience know this things and you will be humbled by it. Everyone of us desire to raise the dead . I've prayed for couple of dead none rose yet , but I will keep working on my faith for such grace to abound . But I can't condemn others who haven't raised the dead as fake. I have not seen any one healed of stroke and walked perfeclty instantly even though there is instant dramatic and spectacular change , it takes them few hours or days to be able to run normally.
The healing of the noble man's son was not instant.

John 4:52
52 Then enquired he of them the hour when he began to amend. And they said unto him, Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.

Was this healing instant ? Be honest. Jesus will not deny it. Any person who flow in the power of God understands this.In the OT there were healings , some were instant some were not. The priest had a form of healing ministry , when a leaper comes they shut him in , wait for few days and see the improvement , and on and on till he is restored of his leprosy. When Jesus told those leapers to show themselves to the high priest. Because they will observe to know if he is healed.

Lev 13:37
   37 But if the scall be in his sight at a stay, and [that] there is black hair grown up therein; the scall is healed, he [is] clean:
and the priest shall pronounce him clean.
[/color]
If you say Jesus miracle didn't take more than few hours . It is simply insincerity. Time is time as long as the miracle takes place Glory to God.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by mbaemeka(m): 11:27am On Feb 20, 2010
Ga:4:28: Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Ga:4:29: But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Ga:4:30: Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Ga:4:31: So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

When i see comments like these(from Enigma and aletheia) i cannot help but wonder if you're truly christians.

if you have ever laid your hand over a sick person and seen them recieve their healing you wouldnt call another man a "pathological liar" nor will you ask why some miracles are not instant.

thats why i put up those scriptures, you both are children of the flesh persecuting children of the spirit. the interestign thing is that it didnt just start now it has always been and will always be. but as the free woman won so also have we(children of the spirit).
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by viaro: 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2010
Guys, between ourselves as Christians, we should try to balance things off so we don't descend to unnecessary brawls on such sensitive subjects.

The topic of the thread is interesting; and subsequent posts have added flavour in many ways to the whole thing. However, I think there seems to be issues which are beginning to be stretched to extremes - and that is where problems begin to emerge.

@aletheia, while there are some good points in your recent post, please let me draw your attention to a few points which a quite questionable:

aletheia:

Healings in the NT never took a long time. They were always accomplished the same day, and in most cases were instantaneous.

That is not quite true. Although we read in many passages of the NT that healings were almost instantenous, there are also cases were healings among believers took quite a while. One example is the case of Epaphroditus (Php. 2:25-30). The Philippians had heard that he had been ill, and this caused him some distress. The fact that he had been ill 'nigh unto death' tells us that his recovery was not instantenous, but gradual - and this shows that a few times, even when believers prayed for healing, it was not always immediate that they recovered. 'God had mercy on him', says Paul, and that is in context indicative that Epaphroditus was not instantenously healed. The same apostle Paul suffered infirmities, but nowhere do we read that he received instantenous healings for them (Galatians 4:13-14 and 2 Cor. 12:5 & 10); and some of his close associates (like Timothy) was frequently ill, but Paul recommended he took a little wine instead of water - which again was no indicative of instantenous healings (1 Tim. 5:23).

. . . [skip]. . .

Just a small matter, though: while dropsy is today commonly pointing to diseases of the heart, it was not meant in the sense of heart failure in Luke 14. The difference is ~

[list](a) 'Dropsy would be called congestive heart failure today'; but ~[/list]

[list](b) Dropsy
In medicine, an unnatural collection of water in any part of the body, proceeding from a greater effersion of serum by the exhalant arteries, than the absorbents take up. It occurs most frequently in persons of lax habits, or in bodies debilitated by disease. The dropsy takes different names, according to the part affected; as ascites, or dropsy of the abdomen; hydrocephalus, or water in the head; anasarca, or a watery swelling over the whole body, etc'[/list]

Many enthusiasts of healings in the Bible very quickly point to dropsy as heart failure; but the Greek (hudrōpikos) in Luke 14:2 indicates the patient in a condition as if "looking watery" rather than as one having a heart failure. It is from this mix up that many televangelists make so much about heart diseases and cancer into that text and send some to their untimely deaths.

. . . [skip]. . .

Nope, lol. A careful study of a simple case of fever shows the direct opposite, and we cannot maintain that it is an example in the list of diseases which were incurable at that time.

Fever has been described medically even before the common era of the Christian age. For example, a study of medical history shows the following:

[list]Case histories recorded by Hippocrates around 400 B.C. describe the clinical manifestations of scarlet fever and rheumatic fever, although the entities are not identified by name. Although the descriptions are not as detailed or complete as they would be today, they strongly suggest the existence of scarlet fever and rheumatic fever at that time. Hippocrates' references to these illnesses were presumably the first to be documented and/or discovered, as a thorough search of the worldwide medical literature revealed no prior descriptions.
~~ Quinn RW. Department of Preventive Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37212.  PMID: 1775859 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE][/list]

Not only that medical history shows a clinical description of many ailments and diseases before the AD age, but common cures were well known. The ancient Chinese used a mixture of common herbs, most notably Cinammon. Also, medical students who studied under Hypocrates were well familiar with cures by mixture of herbs, not only for fevers, but also for others like jaundice -

[list]The Hippocratic physicians were among the first who described jaundice (icterus). The Hippocratic Corpus has numerous appearances of the condition, where its etiology, description, prognosis, and treatment are provided. The connection made between the liver and jaundice was remarkable, bearing in mind that the Hippocratic physicians had not performed dissections and that their medical views were based on observation. The Hippocratic doctors described five kinds of jaundice. The etiology was, as in most cases of diseases mentioned in the Hippocratic Corpus, “humoral” imbalance. The diagnosis and prognosis were based on the color of the skin, the urine, the feces, and several other factors, such as the season of the year during which the disease first appeared or the coexisting diseases. The treatment, finally, consisted of herbal medications, baths, diet, and blood-letting, depending on the type of jaundice in question. Finally, an attempt is made to correlate modern diseases with the Hippocratic types of jaundice.
~~ find study source here.[/list]

The point is that most of these ailments were well known and clinically described before Christ was born; and in many ancient civilizations there were known cures for them - commonly by herbal mixtures. However, that does not take anything away from the cases of Biblical healings, which are miraculous; but it is not correct or fair to assert that the diseases which one could have listed from the NT were incurable at that time of history - that is indeed not true.

And this one:

(2) obvious
(3) verifiable
(5) immediate
(6) lasting and

Nope, not so true. As seen, fever is an example of an ailment that no one can argue that it is an 'incurable condition'. Second, we have observed the fact that even among believers in the NT, not all cases alluding to healings were instantenous; and third, some instances were recurring (as Paul made reference to "frequent illness/infirmities" in 1 Tim. 5:23). The reason I point these out is to show that we sometime fall into the error of making rules for spiritual matters where we ought not to, and then end up becoming dogmatically rigid in the causes we pursue. Conditions for Biblical healings do not have to be dressed up so rigidly with rules to say that they "would have to be" - that is missing the whole issue on the examples I have highlighted above.

Cheers.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by DeepSight(m): 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2010
aletheia:

^^^

Jesus' Two Natures

Jesus is God in human flesh. He is not half God and half man. He is fully God and fully man. At the incarnation He added to His divine nature the nature of man. Thus He has two natures: divine and human. He is both God and man at the same time. He is not merely a man who "had God within Him" nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle." He is God, second person of the Trinity. "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" (Heb.1:3). Jesus' two natures are not "mixed together," nor are they combined into a new God-man nature. They are separate yet act as a unit. This is called the Hypostatic Union.
This is another mystery we have to accept by faith, but we need to understand its significance or we can end up believing a false gospel.
The following chart should help you see the two natures of Jesus "in action":

[table]
[tr][td]GOD[/td][td]MAN[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He is worshipped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; 28:9)[/td][td]He worshipped the Father (John 17)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He is prayed to (Acts 7:59; 1 Cor. 1:1-2)[/td][td]He prayed to the Father (John 17:1)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He was called God (John 20:28; Heb. 1:8 )[/td][td]He was called man (Mark 15:39; John 19:5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He was called Son of God (Mark 1:1)[/td][td]He was called Son of Man (John 9:35-37)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He is sinless (1 Pet. 2:22; Heb. 4:15)[/td][td]He was tempted (Matt. 4:1)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He knew all things (John 21:17)[/td][td]He grew in wisdom (Luke 2:52)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He gives eternal life (John 10:28)[/td][td]He died (Rom. 5:cool[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]The fullness of deity dwells in Him (Col. 2:9)[/td][td]He has a body of flesh and bones (Luke 24:39)[/td][/tr]
[/table]

When will you stop peddling these unbiblical and nonsensical lies? Can you not see what you have written above merely reveals the unsustainable contradictions within that pagan dogma? Did Jesus not make clear AT EVERY OPPURTUNITY that he was NOT God? ? ?

How do you people blaspheme so lightly, calling a goodly Jewish Rabbi almighty God? ? ?

Christ!
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by DeepSight(m): 3:06pm On Feb 20, 2010
when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Sat down at the right hand side of whom - himself? ? ? ? ?

I laugh.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by viaro: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2010
Deep Sight:

When will you stop peddling these unbiblical and nonsensical lies? Can you not see what you have written above merely reveals the unsustainable contradictions within that pagan dogma? Did Jesus not make clear AT EVERY OPPURTUNITY that he was NOT God? ? ?

Did Jesus ever anywhere clearly say that He was NOT God? If He did say so at any time at all, would it make sense to you that He Himself claimed the very same honour that men render to the Father in John 5:23? If you do not render Jesus that same honour that is due to the Father, are you even rendering any honour to the Father if you deny what Jesus said in that verse? If you do not render Jesus that same honour as He stated in that verse, would you not be denying His statement there?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by DeepSight(m): 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2010
Give me a break. AT NO TIME ON THIS FORUM HAVE YOU OR ANYONE ELSE ADDRESSED THE GLARING VERSES THAT POSITIVELY CONTRADICT THE PAGAN TRINITARIAN DOGMA TO WIT -

[Mark 10:18].
[1Timothy 2:5].
[John 14:28].
[John 20:17].
[John 17:3].

[Mark 13:32]
[1st Peter 1:3].
[Acts 2:22]
[Luke 22:42]
[John 8:40].
[Luke 23.34].
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by viaro: 4:04pm On Feb 20, 2010
^^ Please don't amuse us with your theatricals. NONE of those verses ever stated Jesus saying "I am NOT God".

However, my questions to you still stand - you can choose to address them honestly, or again shout out in all caps to show your frustrations -

* Did Jesus ever anywhere clearly say that He was NOT God?

* If He did say so at any time at all, would it make sense to you that He Himself
claimed the very same honour that men render to the Father in John 5:23?

* If you do not render Jesus that same honour that is due to the Father,
are you even rendering any honour to the Father if you deny what Jesus
said in that verse?

* If you do not render Jesus that same honour as He stated in that verse,
would you not be denying His statement there?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by DeepSight(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2010
viaro:

* Did Jesus ever anywhere clearly say that He was NOT God?

Did Jesus ever anywhere clearly say that he was God?

If He did say so at any time at all, would it make sense to you that He Himself
claimed the very same honour that men render to the Father in John 5:23?

I cannot account for his delusions in claiming such an honour.

What is clear is that he stated the following -

"Do not call me good, only God is good"

"The Father is greater than I"

"OF THAT DAY AND HOUR NO MAN KNOWS. . .NOT EVEN THE SON , .BUT ONLY THE FATHER. . ." - CLEARLY SHOWING THAT HE LACKED OMNISCIENCE - A KEY ATTRIBUTE OF GOD.

And many many more; including shamefully petitioning himself in Gethsemane to avert an event that he himself (as God) had pre-destined. What comedy.

You can spend your weekend creating artsy somersaults to once again escape the BRUTALLY CLEAR words of your own carpenter God. . . it is afterall your hobby to call him a liar - given that you have never accepted any of his clear words as being true.

As for me I am weary of it all - we have argued this too many times anyway; and it will also amount to derailing the thread.
[quote][/quote]
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by viaro: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2010
Deep Sight:

Did Jesus ever anywhere clearly say that he was God?

I cannot account for his delusions in claiming such an honour.

What is clear is that he stated the following -

"Do not call me good, only God is good"

"The Father is greater than I"

"OF THAT DAY AND HOUR NO MAN KNOWS. . .NOT EVEN THE SON , .BUT ONLY THE FATHER. . ." - CLEARLY SHOWING THAT HE LACKED OMNISCIENCE - A KEY ATTRIBUTE OF GOD.

And many many more; including shamefully petitioning himself in Gethsemane to avert an event that he himself (as God) had pre-destined. What comedy.

You can spend your weekend creating artsy somersaults to once again escape the BRUTALLY CLEAR words of your own carpenter God. . . it is afterall your hobby to call him a liar - given that you have never accepted any of his clear words as being true.

As for me I am weary of it all - we have argued this too many times anyway; and it will also amount to derailing the thread.

^^^ Where in all of those did Jesus ever say that He was not God? If you had no verse, simply say so and stop making yourself further shallow.

I cannot account for his delusions in claiming such an honour

Because you would rather remain the infantile liar you are, that is why you refer to His statements now as 'his delusions'. I laugh at your foolishness. I'm not here for your artsy somersaults: I asked a series of simple questions - you returned your cosmetic answers. Does John 5:23 serve as your most severe problem to deal with?

As for me I am weary of it all - we have argued this too many times anyway; and it will also amount to derailing the thread

You're quickly getting fed up with your hallmark, no? Perhaps you should have respected that point before attempting to derail the thread - that's classic of your style these days, so what's your retirement about that supposed to serve?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by DeepSight(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2010
Here - the word's of the Jewish Rabbi you worship - knock yourself out denying each and every one of them: as i stated earlier your favourite pastime seems to be calling your God a liar since you reject ALL his words such as these. . .

John 8:40: "you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.”

John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

John 20:17: "Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, my God and your God.

Mark 10:18: “Do not call me good, only God is good.”

From the foregoing there can be NO DOUBT, that Jesus NEVER, NOT EVEN FOR ONE SECOND, regarded himself as God. Notwithstanding anything the hero-worshipping Apostles will tell you. But even they said a lot to show that they didn’t think so –

1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:3: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Acts 2:22 - “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

Acts 2:36: “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Yep - start the usual o.rgy of thrashing away your Jesus' own statements!
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by DeepSight(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2010
viaro:

^^^ Where in all of those did Jesus ever say that He was not God? If you had no verse, simply say so and stop making yourself further shallow.

Lol. Why don't YOU show me the verse where he asserts that he IS God? ? ?

After all, he who asserts must prove.

Especially when the assertion is a psycotic claim to the divinity of one Jewish man.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by viaro: 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2010
^^ You just confirmed it is trademark with you to derail threads - well done.

Deep Sight:

Here - the word's of the Jewish Rabbi you worship - knock yourself out denying each and every one of them: as i stated earlier your favourite pastime seems to be calling your God a liar since you reject ALL his words such as these. . .

You can use all the colours in the universe to slob as much as you want, it changes nothing about the simplicity of the case set before you about honouring Jesus as we honour the Father - John 5:23. Not in one instance have I called God a liar; so where did you get that from?

I have asked and still asking: in which of those verses did Jesus ever say that He was not God? One verse would have sufficed, not your charade of frantically and fanatically rushing to other verses that did not show any statement of His denying His deity. Please show me that verse where Jesus ever denied His deity, if you may, or if you can - that would be more gentlemanly, than being such a circus.

1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.”

The same apostle Paul referred to Jesus Christ as God - "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" Titus 2:13.

Romans 9:5 - "Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen."

We know of both the Humanity and Deity of Christ - as shown in both the OT and NT. The Bible teaches both, and not just His Humanity. Now please show me where Jesus denied His deity and said that He was not God in any verse - just show the verse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

END TIME! Pastor, Wife Preaching Naked Stating That Adam And Eve Were Created N / The House Negro! / Another White Pope, Shaking My Head!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 269
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.