Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,519 members, 7,819,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1513893 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4Barr: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kenon1:

I know someone who evaluated her LLB with WES as Bachelor's degree (four years) and she needs few point to increase her CRS score. If IQAS evaluates her LLB can she get the points equivalent to that of Masters degree.

Wes is not good for lawyers, IQAS will evaluate it as a professional degree which attracts the same points with a Masters Degree. I am a Lawyer and i evaluated with with IQAS too. PS. I sent in my LLB alone.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by irewole1: 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Has any one on the platform evaluated PMP? What was the evaluation like?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
irewole1:
Has any one on the platform evaluated PMP? What was the evaluation like?
Thanks.

Hi, PMP is not an educational qualification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ajiifixing(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
PPR has been scarce on this forum recently.

What a gwan?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Seyitorl: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
Seyitorl:
Thanks@closetextrovert.

My question is.for a principal applicant who has a b.sc degree in anothr field.but has certification and experience which falls under NOC 2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety. How can he defend such work experience in express entry since the certificate cannot be evaluated by wes.
2. If the spouse decides not to write ielts can her ond and hnd alone be used to get more points.
Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kenon1: 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
@4Barr
Thanks for your response on LLB evaluation by IQAS. The impact of this will be much on the CRS score. Talking about an additional 6 or 7 points. Please how long did it take IQAS to complete your evaluation after the submission of the required documents(LLB transcript, photocopy of LLB certificate with photocopy of data page of international passport) in the recommended way to them? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4Barr: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

People for fail woefully if it did, thank God it doesn't. cheesy

Why can't i stop laughing, this guy is such a comedian.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
Seyitorl:
My question is.for a principal applicant who has a b.sc degree in anothr field.but has certification and experience which falls under NOC 2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety. How can he defend such work experience in express entry since the certificate cannot be evaluated by wes.
2. If the spouse decides not to write ielts can her ond and hnd alone be used to get more points.
Thank you for your anticipated response.
Hi,

1.) Evaluate your Bsc degree using any of the preferred organizations. You simply defend your work experience by providing reference letter(s) from your employer(s) stating IRCC’s requirements. Your education and work history does not necessarily need to match.

2.) Yes, spouse ECA alone can be used to gain more points. In case of OND and HND, it is accessed as 2 or more certificates which gives 9 points out of 10 points claimable by spouse under education. So, your spouse can gun for ECA and not write IELTS, but IELTS has potential of adding 20 points if aced.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 3:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
elfmann:
Congratulations on ur victory. What's ur CRS with this?
Thanks bro. 446 it is.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
dombosco:
OH NICE ONE. WILL BE EXPECTING AN UPDATE FROM YOU.

Any news or update?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
cuteguy201:
I'm in the process of evaluating both actually via WES. It's currently on hold for verification from UNILAG. However, NASU is still on Strike.
I would update with more information either positive or negative at a later time.
I hope this helps.
Awfar? Any update?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dotcman: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=dombosco post=60851851][/quote]

I thought the nasu strike has been cut off?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kontagious:

Thanks bro. 446 it is.
Just go get ur POF, PCC and Medicals ready. Again, British Council never up ur already abandoned Trf? They shld up ur Writing Jor and send back ur N15,000.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
Thanks
ehix89:
YES

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
Any advice pls. I actually want to evaluate only my master's degree certificate which I have sent for the transcript and my degree certificate has been scanned and sent to WES which has been acknowledged. But they keep asking for my university degree certificate and my transcript . I have sent them a message telling them I do not want to evaluate that but they are still asking.

I acquired both certificate from different schools , one in the UK which is the master's and my BSC in NIgeria. I do not want to go through the stress of naija school transcript wahala.
What do I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kenon1:
@4Barr
Thanks for your response on LLB evaluation by IQAS. The impact of this will be much on the CRS score. Talking about an additional 6 or 7 points. Please how long did it take IQAS to complete your evaluation after the submission of the required documents(LLB transcript, photocopy of LLB certificate with photocopy of data page of international passport) in the recommended way to them? Thanks.

Actually, 31 points if married and 33 points if single. You get an extra 25 for Official Language proficiency and education
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
nnekdre:
Any advice pls. I actually want to evaluate only my master's degree certificate which I have sent for the transcript and my degree certificate has been scanned and sent to WES which has been acknowledged. But they keep asking for my university degree certificate and my transcript . I have sent them a message telling them I do not want to evaluate that but they are still asking.

I acquired both certificate from different schools , one in the UK which is the master's and my BSC in NIgeria. I do not want to go through the stress of naija school transcript wahala.
What do I do?
Did u tell WES abt ur Nigerian B. Sc?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
elfmann:

Did u tell WES abt ur Nigerian B. Sc?

I think so why filling the form. I didn't know then that evaluating only my MSC was okay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
nnekdre:

I think so why filling the form. I didn't know then that evaluating only my MSC was okay.
Yeah.. If they are hellbent on it.. Try and initiate with ur nija Alma mater.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by philip3(m): 5:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kontagious:

Thanks bro. 446 it is.

correct guy, all your docs ready? still battling with the best way to show my POF as per gt bank things.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
philip3:
correct guy, all your docs ready? still battling with the best way to show my POF as per gt bank things.
Gathering the documents, all should be handy within a week. You don't want to go the non-indebtedness letter + six months SOA route?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
elfmann:
Just go get ur POF, PCC and Medicals ready. Again, British Council never up ur already abandoned Trf? They shld up ur Writing Jor and send back ur N15,000.
Booked medicals for coming week, PCC and POF should be sorted about same time too.

EOR just on its 6th week, waiting for them to do the needful and refund the 15k.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by daniella04: 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2017
Please someone should help me I have used the crs calculator it is showing I not eligible. Single applicant 33, working in the financial industry for 7 years highest degree is BSc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Crowndit: 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
MsLee:

Hi Crowndit,

I have also been to the India high commission in Lagos and its same story, however i have a copy of India PCC issued to a friend from same place.
I want to suggest we should plan to go there together as i have another friend in same situation. They might give us audience if we are many.

what do you think?

Hallos Mslee...i think your suggestion is wonderful. Its unbelievable that a friend of yours obtained his/her pcc from the same Lagos High Commission which has turned down several persons wanting to obtain their pcc. Its quite unfortunate that our Indian brothers are not giving us a very good impression of themselves. I go with your suggestion. Kindly check your inbox. Am sending you an email right away.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
daniella04:
Please someone should help me I have used the crs calculator it is showing I not eligible. Single applicant 33, working in the financial industry for 7 years highest degree is BSc
The CRS tool should not show if you're eligible or not. It's just meant to calculate your projected CRS score. Use this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

You may however reconsider the amount you stated and your IELTS score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kontagious:

Booked medicals for coming week, PCC and POF should be sorted about same time too.

EOR just on its 6th week, waiting for them to do the needful and refund the 15k.
Great stuff!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kontagious:

The CRS tool should not show if you're eligible or not. It's just meant to calculate your projected CRS score. Use this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Amount no even dey for that tool. At most if it'http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp, she used.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kontagious:

Most likely she used the Come to Canada eligibility tool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4Barr: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
Kenon1:
@4Barr

it took 32 days to complete the assessment but i heard the timeline has changed now. IQAS usually sends three mails (one for receipt of your docs, the 2nd for your transcripts and the last when you assessment has been completed) but i only received two since i mailed my transcripts and documents together.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
prideandjoy:
Hello guys.

Pls must I include reference letters for all my bank accounts in the eAPR (post ITA)? My pof is in just 1 account and I have like 4 other bank accounts.

Only the account holding the POF is needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
veritas3:

Most likely she used the Come to Canada eligibility tool
Thought so. Her profile looks good on the surface. POF and or IELTS might be the undoing.

cc: daniella04, elfmann
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
uptown17:
please seniors,
1. for someone who is being paid cash as salary instead of into his account and POF is in treasury bill. please how does he explain this? must he print bank account statement despite no salary inflow OR treasury bill letter from the bank alone will suffice?

2. where he is out of the country when ITA arrives, can he do medicals in the other country (pls note that is not the country of residence) while his family does theirs in Nigeria instead of having to start changing ticket to come Nigeria for medicals

thank you in advance for your responses

1. Ideally, what CIC requires from ur bank is a letter and not statement. People just add statement as support but it's not necesaary. Just provide ur TBill letter and bank letter and you should be fine.

2. Yes you can do your medicals wherever you are as long as it's a disignated clinic by CIC. Let your dependents do theirs where they are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.