Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506286 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by HiredGames(m): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
Meoos:

Sorry about not acknowledging GlitteringStar's comment, I rechecked my profile and found out it was actually 26800CAD that I wrote and not 25800 hence, that couldn't have been the problem.

What attention are you even talking about? My inability to enter the pool? Somehow for you shaa, thanks all the same.

Nobody is being paid to answer people's queries, questions and all. The good people of this thread do it, they do it so well you'd wonder if they are being paid.

It's okay if you feel "some" answers are off, I feel so some of the time too....what I also feel is that if someone take a minute or two to look at your question, push the quote button to give his/her opinion, such person deserve maybe not a medal but a genuine thank you.

Apologies if you feel my reply was too much. I hope you get the answers you find and of course that PR that brought all of us here.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
MisterT:
Hello Guys does anyone know if you Unilag diploma and Unilag BSc would be considered as two certificates under the express entry system? Also with respect to WES in sending my certificates must it be via courier only. Is there another way/method? If yes please share.

Just to add that the Unilag diploma was a 1 year program and thereafter i was granted admission thru the direct entry route to year 2.

Thanks.

It shall end in Praise

According to a few people here, unilag diploma is not verified By wes. (Sorry)

To the second question, you dont have to courier your certificate to wes, just use an online fax site like hellofax.com to fax your docs to wes. Save your money for other expenses.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mcstan18(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
MurphzBee:

The maximum number of citizenship's a person can have is two. An individual will have to renounce one of the citizenships in the event his/her eligibility is for more than two different nationalities.

Are you certain about this? Does this include your country of origin? I ask because;

Case1: I have a cousin who moved to the UK(Scotland precisely) 8 years ago as a medical doctor, got his British passport late last year and has now moved to Canada last month. Does this imply that he'd have to renounce his British citizenship to be eligible for a Canadian citizenship?

Case 2: His first son was born in the US and now holds treble citizenship after he was issued a British passport alongside his parents last year . What's the implication of this, going by what you said? Wouldn't he be allowed to add a fourth?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by jovykay: 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
MisterT:
Hello Guys does anyone know if you Unilag diploma and Unilag BSc would be considered as two certificates under the express entry system? Also with respect to WES in sending my certificates must it be via courier only. Is there another way/method? If yes please share.

Just to add that the Unilag diploma was a 1 year program and thereafter i was granted admission thru the direct entry route to year 2.

Thanks.

It shall end in Praise

It will be calculated together as bsc not two or more degrees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
MurphzBee:

The maximum number of citizenship's a person can have is two. An individual will have to renounce one of the citizenships in the event his/her eligibility is for more than two different nationalities.

Not true Sir/Ma. Mostly, when a country’s laws allows ‘dual citizenship’, you can hold more than one citizenship as ‘dual’ in citizenship terms is used interchangeably with ‘multiple’. As long as your country however does not allow dual citizenship, you have to trade one citizenship in favour of another.

There are too many people we know who have multiple citizenships - Nigerian by heritage, British by parentage and American by birth and they were not requested to renounce any.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
mcstan18:

Are you certain about this? Does this include your country of origin? I ask because;

Case1: I have a cousin who moved to the UK(Scotland precisely) 8 years ago as a medical doctor, got his British passport late last year and has now moved to Canada last month. Does this imply that he'd have to renounce his British citizenship to be eligible for a Canadian citizenship?

Case 2: His first son was born in the US and now holds treble citizenship after he was issued a British passport alongside his parents last year . What's the implication of this, going by what you said? Wouldn't he be allowed to add a fourth?

Not to worry, there is no implication. All these countries you have mentioned allow dual, also known as multiple citizenship.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
ATTENTION - RE: MULTIPLE CITIZENSHIPS

Do I have to give up my citizenship when I become Canadian?
You do not have to give up your citizenship to become Canadian. You should check the laws of the country you are from to see if it allows dual citizenship.

Canadian law allows you to hold two or more citizenships. This means that you do not have to give up your citizenship in order to become Canadian.

Some other countries, however, will take away your citizenship if you become Canadian.

If you are a citizen of another country, check with your government office to find out what the laws are.

What should I consider about dual citizenship?

You might still have obligations to your other country of citizenship, even if you become Canadian. For example, you may have to pay tax or serve in the military.

You should take care when you travel. Some countries forbid you from travelling on more than one passport.

The Government of Canada recommends that you travel on your Canadian passport so that you can access Canadian consular support, if you need assistance. When you re-enter Canada on an international flight, you will also need to show your Canadian passport to prove that you are a citizen.

For More Information

Dual Citizenship: What You Need to Know - Find out more about dual and multiple citizenships and what you can do to avoid problems. From the Government of Canada.
Canadian Citizenship - Information from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on Canadian citizenship.
How to Become a Canadian Citizen - This brochure explains the citizenship application process and eligibility requirements. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
CitizenshipCounts.ca - A website and free iPhone/Android app that helps people study for the citizenship test and learn about the benefits of citizenship.
Last updated: June 20, 2017 4001543

Source:
https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/citizenship/rights-and-responsibilities-of-citizenship/do-i-have-to-give-up-my-citizenship-when-i-become-canadian/

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Obi1conte: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
Happy sunday to all

Pls is there a time limit for when one has to enter canada after a successful Express entry aplication? I gathered from somewhere that it has to be before the expiration of medical test. Is this correct?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ribaby(f): 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
elfmann:
This sounds..
my dear all other sections of the test was relatively OK, the reading to me was the easiest, but that listening was sth else. Well like someone said let's keep our fingers crossed. This is my 2nd attempt

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hello Everyone. Thanks for all your help. My husband has an MSc and I have a Bsc.
See our IELTS score last month.
Hubby: LSWR 6.5, 7, 7,6.5
Mine: LSWR. 7.5, 7.5, 7, 6.5
I’ve started with WES but our score is sitting below 400. I know a better band would be fine.
The complication here is who should be the PA.
I have worked in a managerial role for over 4years and I can prove POF when the time comes.
He is self employed and has none of the Tax, pension and proving funds might be difficult.
Our high score would have been from his MSc.
Again. One of us is ready to rewrite IELTS.
Who should it be?
Proving a lot of things would be easier for me.
Help

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bestdiddy: 3:54pm On Dec 03, 2017
Hi, Please i am using my brothers mail to ask this. I graduated with a first class from accounting. I have AAT and ACA.
my question is foes WES recognise AAT and ACA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
First gini?
bestdiddy:
Hi, Please i am using my brothers mail to ask this. I graduated with a first class from accounting. I have AAT and ACA.
my question is foes WES recognise AAT and ACA?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
Use the tool to know.
Chynells:
Hello Everyone. Thanks for all your help. My husband has an MSc and I have a Bsc.
See our IELTS score last month.
Hubby: LSWR 6.5, 7, 7,6.5
Mine: LSWR. 7.5, 7.5, 7, 6.5
I’ve started with WES but our score is sitting below 400. I know a better band would be fine.
The complication here is who should be the PA.
I have worked in a managerial role for over 4years and I can prove POF when the time comes.
He is self employed and has none of the Tax, pension and proving funds might be difficult.
Our high score would have been from his MSc.
Again. One of us is ready to rewrite IELTS.
Who should it be?
Proving a lot of things would be easier for me.
Help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
justwise:
@40manlappy

Please start part 3 of this thread

Thank you.

Okay boss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
elfmann:
Use the tool to know.
I understand that.
I just need clarification.
If it’s worth a shot with him without easy means to prove some of the requirements or if I should go ahead.
Our best score using the CRS tool with me as PA aiming at LSWR 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7 is 423.
With him it’s 464. If he gets this score I wrote up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2017
Search for those who had applied as self-employed to find out d documentation. See go to IRCC site.
Chynells:

I understand that.
I just need clarification.
If it’s worth a shot with him without easy means to prove some of the requirements or if I should go ahead.
Our best score using the CRS tool with me as PA aiming at LSWR 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7 is 423.
With him it’s 464. If he gets this score I wrote up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Meoos: 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
HiredGames:

Nobody is being paid to answer people's queries, questions and all. The good people of this thread do it, they do it so well you'd wonder if they are being paid.

It's okay if you feel "some" answers are off, I feel so some of the time too....what I also feel is that if someone take a minute or two to look at your question, push the quote button to give his/her opinion, such person deserve maybe not a medal but a genuine thank you.

Apologies if you feel my reply was too much. I hope you get the answers you find and of course that PR that brought all of us here.

Just like you stated, thank you HiredGames
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
@justwise Part 3 has been created as requested. Thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#62945314

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
smiley
elfmann:
Search for those who had applied as self-employed to find out d documentation. See go to IRCC site.
��� thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cuteguy201: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2017
NO, It can't. I say that authoritatively because I tried evaluating both and it came out as Just B.Sc Equivalent.

Hello Fax for your personal Certificate would do just fine while courier for the transcript to be sent by the school.

MisterT:

Thanks.

It shall end in Praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Freeman59: 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
Guys please I'm new here and from what I've been reading, these are the steps I feel I need to take. I need an experienced person to correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Write IELTS
2. ECA evaluation.
3. Register for the EE program under the FSW.
4. Get into the pool (my CRS score is 435 using the tool)

Note, l am not married, I'm in my late 20s, bachelor's degree, have just 3yrs of work experience and still counting.
It's my hope that I can get an ITA with these

Your help is needed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
Make una wait for me na.. @40manlappy embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
40manlappy:
@justwise Part 3 has been created as requested. Thank you

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#62945314

Ok thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.