Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster (21033 Views)

Kano Government Relaxes Lockdown, Announces Free Days / Gov. Obiano Visits Scene Of Fire Disaster. / Kano Government Reacts To Video Of Governor Ganduje 'Receiving Bribe' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by missNGLatest: 3:00am On Aug 20, 2017
Dangote, Kano State Govt Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster

Dangote, Kano State Govt Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster
Kano State Government and Dangote Group have donated N500 million each as assistance to victims of the fire outbreak that occurred early this year in five major markets in Kano.

The chairman of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, announced the donation on Saturday in Kano.

Mr. Dangote, who headed the appeal fund committee for the victims, said the gesture was to ameliorate the suffering of those affected by the disaster.

“Times are hard and if not for the recession which we are also affected I would have donated more than this amount,” he said.

‎He called on other wealthy individuals and organisation to come to the aid of the traders.‎

‎Earlier, the Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje said the state government had also donated N500 million to the victims.

http://somtoo.co/news/dangote-kano-state-govt-donate-n500m-each-to-victims-of-market-fire-disaster/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by HungerBAD: 3:07am On Aug 20, 2017
Wow.

I am blown. The coming together of Northerners when tragedy strike is one of their unifying strengths.

Imagine. Nobody is tearing each other down here,or even trying to score a cheap political point by blaming the other person.

Just imagine if that market was in Owerri. Some illiterates,would have instead of coming together to help their brothers like Dangote did, would start blaming Governor Okorocha as the cause.

And it will start from Nairaland.

Or God forbid an electrical fault or human error caused something like this in Alaba. Same illiterates with their myopic views about life,would have blamed the "Jealous Everybody" as the cause of it.

Nice one there Dangote.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by charleff512(m): 4:21am On Aug 20, 2017
Imagine an individual making same donation as a State Government!
Lord make me a lender to nations.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by odiereke(m): 5:38am On Aug 20, 2017
Waoh! Dangote all the way.

1 Like

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 20, 2017
Nice one, kudos to dangote. "one of the good and pure hearted northerner in NIGERIA.

12 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by massinola(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Thanks to the donors. I hope the money will get to the real shop owners though

10 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by slyd90(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
mehn i admire his generosity May God bless him....

2 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by SmartPunter(m): 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
.... 500 Million to each hmmm this kind news is fishy .....

47 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by godquality: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
And the victim of flooding in Laos and other western states are still grappling with reality. Well God dey.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
Common lalasticlala edit that title. All those are copy and paste reporters from 1 source.

It is not 500Ml Naira each but the entire money Dangote donate is 500Ml. It is something I watch on TV.

Banks and other well meaning Nigerians also donate.

*Modified*

I misread the title before. Dangote donate 500M and State Government 500M. That is what the each means.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Bizibi(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
Where are those wealthy guys from north?
Is this the only billionaire in the north,it seems the rest re sleeping
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by dhardline(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Is that a camel in our coat of arms?
cry

Nice one from the richest man in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Nuelton(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Wait!....Do they mean 500M naira to each family? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by enemyofprogress: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chei so each victim was given 500million just like that. Time for me to set my shop too on fire, 500 million no be beans

3 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Honestly, Dangote is Nigeria's Bill Gates. I will donate that too if i have half of what he has.

I love giving freely( not sex oooooo)

4 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by mmafhew(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
When money and humnle meets.. Dangote
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by ekensi01: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Muslim love themselves Christians don't.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by itiswellandwell: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
The donation isnt the problem here, the problem is the money getting to the hands of the victims, thats where the real problem lies.

Check my signature for your Customised ATM CARD FLASH DRIVE ID CARD.

1 Like

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by globemoney: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Story does not add up. 500 million to victims and not 500 million to each victim
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by AtkinsPlanet(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
God bless this man.
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by KendrickAyomide: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
Somtoo. Walai you can lai.
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by KendrickAyomide: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
globemoney:
Story does not add up. 500 million to victims and not 500 million to each victim
lol.. no be lie. that "each" me no sure for that one.. 1 billion for 2 Victims.. na shoprite dem wan start?
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
500 Million Naira each.... Na lie.

Was the fire caused by Dangote? Why would he pay such amount when his company did not cause the fire?

From what I read online, nobody died in that fire but market goods and properties were destroyed. How many of the sellers had up to 20 million naira worth of goods in their shop?

Somtoo take it easy na... haba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Namzy(m): 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2017
Stop lying
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by orijintv(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
OP which kind yeye lie be this? How can every fire victim be given 500millionaire each. AhnAhn, This Kind Lie Be Making Me Feel Like I'm Stupid

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by softmind24: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
shocked
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Mubby4luv(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Chei so each victim was given 500million just like that. Time for me to set my shop too on fire, 500 million no be beans
NO wonder some people fail exams #smh

5 Likes

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by donspero(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
500millon each lie 4rm the pit of hell, lia Mohammad and tou must have somtn in common, how much dangote get em go donate 500millon half a billon, tell your folk tales bu midnight.
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by rizkidrocks(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
SmartPunter:
.... 500 Million to each hmmm this kind news is fishy .....
fishy ko meaty ni undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by Alexbrain(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster by wunmi590(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
Good, but make them share the money well oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Budget: Saraki, Dogara Plan Joint Session To Avert Impeachment / Nigerian Politicians Own Properties Worth $400m In Dubai - Matthew Page / Buhari Cancels Visit To Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.