Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist (2133 Views)

Nowhere In The Bible Says A Christian Can't Defend Himself -pastor Adeboye / Nkechi Bianze: COZA Agent Offered Me Money To Defend Pastor Biodun / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
You people are quick to scream "threat". Seriously?
chynie:

Stop threatening non-Christian with hell fire
If ppl of other faith threaten you with their god does it move u?
Same way, hell fire don't move non-Christians

3 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
They believe its their duty to cause unrest and animosity in the religious section.
MyNewJackeT:
So you mean atheist don't believe in anything,?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
Being a christian is not hard. How is being an atheist hard?
gabe:
Being an atheist is hard work mentally. Remember when Neo took d red pill in 'matrix'? That was when his training and suffering started. That was also when his real life started. Guy, u go read die. No pastor here to preach and soothe your ego with something he read from Miles Munro etc's book in return for your tithes. Browse atheist sites. Read their arguments. Browse christian/other religious sites. Read their counter-arguments. Always look for who has evidence. Evidence is truth. Read up on evolution, the big bang theory etc. Read books by atheists and understand their arguments. Read books by christian apologists who respond to atheism and understand their arguments. Being an atheist is harder than being a christian. Welcome to the real world.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. It doesn't matter if everyone leaves the (christian) faith, God still remains God. You made a decision which even God respects because He doesn't force anyone to serve him. Goodluck!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2017
Amberon11:
Being a christian is not hard. How is being an atheist hard?

Because we are confronted with an endless number of people who want to "save our souls"
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
That shouldnt make it hard. Us christians are also confronted by those who think we are "mental slaves".

It becomes hard only when you're easily wavered and are in doubt about your beliefs and/or disbeliefs.
LightandDarkness:

Because we are confronted with an endless number of people who want to "save our souls"

2 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Amberon11:
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. It doesn't matter if everyone leaves the (christian) faith, God still remains God. You made a decision which even God respects because He doesn't force anyone to serve him. Goodluck!
It matters.
If everyone were to leave Christianity, the Christian God would cease to exist.
This is why there are many extinct gods and religions.

It is also why you aggressively need to recruit people by way of what you euphemistically refer to as evangelism.

5 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2017
Maybe yahwehpenis can help grin
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Amberon11:
That shouldnt make it hard. Us christians are also confronted by those who think we are "mental slaves".

It becomes hard only when you're easily wavered and are in doubt about your beliefs and/or disbeliefs.

No, simply because you would rather be left alone.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lol, wishful thinking. That's like saying a parent will cease to exist if their child forsakes them, left home and never returned. Or better yet, if you left a house uninhabitabed for years, according to you that house would cease to exist, right?

There are NO extinct "gods", there are only extinct religions. Know the difference.

Maybe you need a reexamination of the word "aggressive", no?
Ranchhoddas:
It matters.
If everyone were to leave Christianity, the Christian God would cease to exist.
This is why there are many extinct gods and religions.

It is also why you aggressively need to recruit people by way of what you euphemistically refer to as evangelism.

3 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lol
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by STUPUDTHEISTS: 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2017
What are you defending? When did atheism become a belief system?

Let me give you a small nugget. As an atheist don't ever make any positive claim about God. Do not go about asserting there's no god. The stupid atheists are known for this. Peradventure your interlocutor might be a skilled logician, he'd rope you and sweat you for that claim. Atheism is not a belief system, just keep calm and watch the arrogant theist speak of creation like he was there. Your job is to make him think with your posers. You don't have any case to make, unless you know for sure there's no god.

P.S Religious puny gods like yahweh and ahura mazda are exempted from the no god rule. Those ones no follow abeg. Na man made nonsense grin

4 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by STUPUDTHEISTS: 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
BTW where's our sarcasm chief.

Hi YahwehPenis, where are you mate. Come and stain this ground with some dose of sarcasm.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
Amberon11:
Lol, wishful thinking. That's like saying a parent will cease to exist if their child forsakes them, left home and never returned. Or better yet, if you left a house uninhabitabed for years, according to you that house would cease to exist, right?

There are NO extinct "gods", there are only extinct religions. Know the difference.

Maybe you need a reexamination of the word "aggressive", no?
Parents exist before their children. Christianity on the other hand did not exist before people. In fact, it did not exist until about 2,000 years ago.
Parents create children and people created Christianity so your analogy is faulty.
Same thing for the house. The man builds the house and not vice versa.

Dagon, Baal and Mot are extinct deities to the best of my knowledge as no one worships them anymore.

In my University, on the RCF bus it was written boldly "AGGRESSIVE EVANGELISM" so I know what I'm saying.

There is such as thing as subtle aggression you know.

3 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Amberon11: 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
That analogy was pretty easy to comprehend, so i dont get where your view of it being faulty emanates from.

You are wrong on all fronts. Christianity does not equal to God. Christianity is a relationship between God and man so how can a relationship predate the people involved in it?

God (Yahweh) on the other hand has always been in existence and is the earliest known deity in all of history. Again, know the difference between the two.

I repeat, NO deity is extinct. Religions are extinct but deities cannot go extinct. That a religion has no adherents/followers doesn't mean the deity is extinct. If only you remotely had an idea what deities are about.

There is no room for aggressive evangelism in Christianity so I have no idea what you're talking about. Christianity is not by force. Jesus Christ asked his disciples to leave anyone who didn't accept him and not bother them so anyone doing anything contrary to this is a lone ranger.
Ranchhoddas:
Parents exist before their children. Christianity on the other hand did not exist before people. In fact, it did not exist until about 2,000 years ago.
Parents create children and people created Christianity so your analogy is faulty.
Same thing for the house. The man builds the house and not vice versa.

Dagon, Baal and Mot are extinct deities to the best of my knowledge as no one worships them anymore.

In my University, on the RCF bus it was written boldly "AGGRESSIVE EVANGELISM" so I know what I'm saying.

There is such as thing as subtle aggression you know.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 11:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
Amberon11:
That analogy was pretty easy to comprehend, so i dont get where your view of it being faulty emanates from.

You are wrong on all fronts. Christianity does not equal to God. Christianity is a relationship between God and man so how can a relationship predate the people involved in it?

God (Yahweh) on the other hand has always been in existence and is the earliest known deity in all of history. Again, know the difference between the two.

I repeat, NO deity is extinct. Religions are extinct but deities cannot go extinct. That a religion has no adherents/followers doesn't mean the deity is extinct. If only you remotely had an idea what deities are about.

There is no room for aggressive evangelism in Christianity so I have no idea what you're talking about. Christianity is not by force. Jesus Christ asked his disciples to leave anyone who didn't accept him and not bother them so anyone doing anything contrary to this is a lone ranger.
Let's leave the analogies shall we?

Your definition of Christianity is subjective so I can't argue against a subjective definition.

Christianity is not the oldest belief system and the Bible is also not the oldest religious text in existence so how can Yahweh be the earliest known deity?

Unless you have met these deities personally, I am very sure that all you think you know about deities are things you heard from people (presumably self-appointed oracles of God).

Christianity is by force. The bloody conquests that aided its spread are well documented.
The people that brought it to our shores were brutal colonialists. With the Bible in one hand and the gun in the other, our ancestors were forced into accepting a foreign deity.

Even today, the narrative is still forceful--accept our God or rot in hell. Pay your tithe or die penurious.
In logic, this tactic is referred to as "argumentum ad baculum" which is translated literally as APPEAL TO FORCE.

Finally, are you male or female?
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by YahwehPenis: 3:19am On Aug 21, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
it like atheists full this place, let me be going qnd be coming

but what u don't know is dat did u guys fall from sky or can u tell me who created u

How wil u be going and be cumming? Stop saying such thing since only Jesus can be going and be cumming. He will cum again Nd this is d second cumming called erupture of the scent. He will establish his condomn on earth when he cums.

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by YahwehPenis: 3:24am On Aug 21, 2017
Idango:
I pity you young man, there is only one word the word of God used to refer to people like you "FOOL" you can check it out since the bible is one of your tools to defend yourself psalm 14 : 1
thanks I pity d op God will cum shortly and his cumming is hot like fire et anally.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Dohgon(m): 3:35am On Aug 21, 2017
purem:
I have stop going to church since a while now coz I don't see meaning in serving imaginary God who doesn't even know maybe I exist.

Can't get answers from him on the questions of my life.

Even the folks that claim to be serving him with all their might has many problems that he seems unconcerned about.

So after some searching and enquiry I later realize myself as an atheist.

But the thing is I can't seem to defend myself when all this deluded religion bigots hit on me either on real life or on net but I can say am coping on real life sha.

So atheist in the house come help a brother.

Hopefullandlord
Chemystry
4evergod
Lillieboy

Need help? read my blogs at 320ro.com. We dont believe in gods but we do believe that we have a creator. The collective knowledge of humanity is too limited to explain that creator therefore we study it's creation. We can teach you about life and the secrets of religion. With those secrets you can become successful in any religion but you will choose to believe in Spirituality.

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by ultron12345: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2017
purem:
I have stop going to church since a while now coz I don't see meaning in serving imaginary God who doesn't even know maybe I exist.

Even the folks that claim to be serving him with all their might has many problems that he seems unconcerned about.

But the thing is I can't seem to defend myself when all this deluded religion bigots hit on me either on real life or on net but I can say am coping on real life sha.

Hopefullandlord
Chemystry
4evergod
Lillieboy

Argue with them based on your beliefs. Reading the bible also helps as the bible helps strengthen atheism or can even cause it if read with an unbiased mind. And never, I repeat, never argue with scientific principles which you do not thoroughly understand. Before using things like evolution to support your argument, make sure you have thorough knowledge of it, from A-Z.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Martinez19(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
my bro, just lit a fire put ur hand on it, oh u already know the pain right,that one is just q tip of an iceberg, unrestricted, more intense, everlasting pure fire is awaiting sinners. leave it or believe rapture is coming.

that day when parents won't knows their ward, when helterskelter will be in rampant, when laughter, joy, sorrowful,pain, sobbing will be mixed........

2 Likes

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Niflheim(m): 10:21am On Aug 21, 2017
@purem,

Most of the questions that christians ask here are extremely retarded and senseless!!! You should have no problem answering them!!!

Why don't you follow me on Nairaland and see the way I answer their stupid questions!!!

Or you can follow people like Hahn, Hopefullandlord or Akintom!!!
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by adepeter2027(m): 12:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
purem:

Asin when it comes to argument
If you become an atheist to engage in arguments, then bro,, you're on a long thing.

You will never have peace of mind.

Atheism is all about living simple

1 Like

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by adepeter2027(m): 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:
What are you defending? When did atheism become a belief system?

Let me give you a small nugget. As an atheist don't ever make any positive claim about God. Do not go about asserting there's no god. The stupid atheists are known for this. Peradventure your interlocutor might be a skilled logician, he'd rope you and sweat you for that claim. Atheism is not a belief system, just keep calm and watch the arrogant theist speak of creation like he was there. Your job is to make him think with your posers. You don't have any case to make, unless you know for sure there's no god.

P.S Religious puny gods like yahweh and ahura mazda are exempted from the no god rule. Those ones no follow abeg. Na man made nonsense grin
Seconded
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by YahwehPenis: 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:
BTW where's our sarcasm chief.

Hi YahwehPenis, where are you mate. Come and stain this ground with some dose of sarcasm.
Be serioux becurse of the cumming of our lord. Jesus has been cumming for more than 2017 years now. Am weary in heart, can't wait for too long again. It pricks me inter-anally and I bleed when the artists draw bad picture of Jesus in a bad light and paint him bad. They sperm nairaland with different negative speaking and they cum shot of the glory of God. They have said Jesus will continue cumming forever but I kno when he finally cums, his cumming will be hot on them.
Artists who say there is no God, repaint becos the condomn of God is at hand.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
Martinez19:

Please do not use pictures of my lord Aku in such a disrespectful manner, it offends me, thank you.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2017
Help you do what exactly? Guy you seem not to even know why you decided to go the path of Atheism, except that you get to fulfill your long standing desire to stop going to Church. grin
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
YahwehPenis:

Be serioux becurse of the cumming of our lord. Jesus has been cumming for more than 2017 years now. Am weary in heart, can't wait for too long again. It pricks me inter-anally and I bleed when the artists draw bad picture of Jesus in a bad light and paint him bad. They sperm nairaland with different negative speaking and they cum shot of the glory of God. They have said Jesus will continue cumming forever but I kno when he finally cums, his cumming will be hot on them.
Artists who say there is no God, repaint becos the condomn of God is at hand.

Ki Ki grin
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by 701ecilana: 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2017
purem:

Hopefullandlord
Chemystry
4evergod
Lillieboy
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. 4evergod is an atheist now?
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by 701ecilana: 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:
my bro, just lit a fire put ur hand on it, oh u already know the pain right,that one is just q tip of an iceberg, unrestricted, more intense, everlasting pure fire is awaiting sinners. leave it or believe rapture is coming.

that day when parents won't knows their ward, when helterskelter will be in rampant, when laughter, joy, sorrowful,pain, sobbing will be mixed........
My dear. That day scares me.
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
701ecilana:

My dear. That day scares me.

don't worry bro check ur doing, and let wait for September 23 like dey proclaimed
Re: Can't Defend Myself As An Atheist by 701ecilana: 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
RETIREDMUMU:

don't worry bro check ur doing, and let wait for September 23 like dey proclaimed
Which September 23? Hahahahahahahaha. If we know the date, then Jesus is a liar.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Letter To God. / The Fig Tree Parable, COVID 19 And The Imminent Return Of Jesus / Jewels Falling From Heaven In The Church In Puerto Rico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.