Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Re: Could Virgin Mary Have Really Appeared To These Children ? Part1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Could Virgin Mary Have Really Appeared To These Children ? Part1 (583 Views)

Fr. Evaristus Bassey: ''Virgin Mary Appeared To Church Members In Calabar" / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Could Virgin Mary Have Really Appeared To These Children ? Part1 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: Could Virgin Mary have really appeared to these children ? Part1

Could Virgin Mary have really appeared to those children ?

(If you're going to read this, have in mind that; I didn't write this up just to sound judgmental, and neither am I condemning anything or anybody, but I wrote this for the sake of reasoning).

First, let me make this clear that I'm only befuddled concerning what the Virgin Mary had said, according to these children(who are now canonized), but really, could Mary have really appeared to these children?

Ok, let's go through the brief story/excerpt(in which I actually read from a newspaper);

The blessed virgin mary appeared to three young illiterate portuguese shepherds called Lucia Santos(10 yearsold) and her cousins called Jacinta Marto(7 years old) and Francisco Marto(9 years old).

The appararitions occurred at Covada Iria in Fatima, Portugal. The children testified that they saw a beautiful lady brighter than the sun wearing a long gold-gilded mantle and holding a Rosary in her hands. According to them, the beautiful lady told the children to pray with the Rosary every day.. She also spoke to the children and said: "Fear not! I will not harm you." "Where are you from?" Asked the children. "I am from heaven," Virgin Mary replied. "What do you want of me?" Asked Lucia, the eldest of the children. "I came to ask you to come here for six consecutive months, on the 13th day, at this same hour. I will tell you later who I am and what I want", answered Virgin Mary.

These apparitions prompted the erection of the popular image of the Blessed Virgin mary(which resembles the Virgin Mary which appeared to the three young shepherds), at Cova da Iria, Fatima known today as Our Lady of Fatima. Countless pilgrims across the world constantly flock to Fatima to honour Our Lady of Fatima. (Consequently, the year 2017 marks the centenary of The apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima).

When virgin mary appeared to the three young children, She delivered to them three messages. The first message revolves around turning away from sin: "Pray much and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because there is no one to make sacrifices for them." The second message was a call to prayer. Our Lady chose to identify herself as "The Lady of the Rosary." In her third message, Our Lady revealed that God asked for the consecration of Russia to the immaculate heart of mary by the Pope in union with all of the bishops of the world. She said: "If my requests are heard, Russia will be converted and there will be peace. If not she will spread her errors throughout the world, formenting wars and the persecution of the churches. The good will suffer matyrdom; the Holy Father will suffer much; different nations will be annihilated. But in the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy father will consecrate Russia to me, which will be converted, and some time of peace will be granted to humanity."

The Blessed Virgin Mary also entrusted three secrets to the children which are now known as the three secrets of Fatima.Lucia, the older of the children who lately became a Carmelite nun, was able to write down the three secrets of Fatima. The first is about hell. She told them that hell is real; that many sinners go to hell. The second secret is centered on world war 1 & 2 and peace in the world. It reveals the assassination attempt of a Pope.

Would this be ridiculous to you? Or even pretty weird than ridiculous? Because, I'm in a current state of disbelief. If I'd want to believe this, it wouldn't be for Mary trying to appear to me just to make me believe. Never!

In recent years, we've heard of people who had visions and revelations( Joel2:28 ), and while some could be true, others might be false!

Of course, I'd not but believe all of the visions and revelations of this people except that the Bible tells us that; love believes all things( 1Corinthians13:7 ). Yet, the revelation I strongly believe is that of... Angelica Zambrano's testimony.

Now to emphaisze what I'm trying to 'expose' and 'express,' let's take a thorough view of Angelica Zambrano's prepare to meet your God(the excerpt);

Here Angelica Zambrano described the Lord as;

The Lord Jesus Christ

Angelica:

At that moment I hear the Lord's voice, a beautiful voice with thunder and love, "Fear not, Daughter, for I am Jehovah, Your God, and I have come here to show you what I have promised you. Arise, for I am Jehovah, who holds you by your right hand and tells you, Fear not, I will help you." Suddenly, I arose. I had been kneeling down, looking at my body, wanting to get back in but not being able to. When I heard His voice, fear had left me, and I was no longer scared.

As I started walking, the angels began to open a path. There was a strong light shining, and as I gazed at it, I felt peace. As I looked, I saw a beautiful, tall, elegant, muscular man. Light was projecting from Him. There was too much light for me to see His face! But I could see His beautiful hair of brilliant gold and a white garment with a wide golden girdle that crossed His chest. It read, "KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."

I looked at His feet, He was wearing shiny golden sandals, of brilliant gold. He was so beautiful!
He extended His hand to me. When I took His hand, it wasn't like when I touched my body, my hand did not go through it. I asked, "What is happening?" And He said, "I am going to show you hell, so that you return and tell humanity that hell is real; that hell exists. And also, My glory will I show you, for you to tell My people to be prepared, for My glory is real and I am real." He said, "Daughter, do not fear"

Now, this is where Jesus spoke to Angelica of Mary and idolatory;

But then He told me, "Daughter, she is Mary. Mary, who gave birth to Jesus Christ, Who I am. Daughter, I want to tell you that she has no knowledge of the things happening on Earth. I want to tell you that you must go and tell humanity, tell idol worshippers that hell is real, and that idolaters will not inherit My kingdom, but go and tell them that if they repent, they can enter My heavenly dwelling place. Go tell them that I love them and tell them that Mary has no knowledge of anything [happening on Earth] and the only One that they must exalt is Me, because neither Mary, nor St. Gregory nor any other saint can offer salvation. I am the only One who saves and outside of Me – nobody, nobody, nobody- saves!" He repeated it three times - that nobody could save; only He saves.

Humanity has been deceived believing in an assumed saint, which is not, but is a demon, working through an idol made by the hand of man. But, let me tell you that the Lord wants to give you the best. He wants you to enter the Kingdom of Heaven; to repent and to leave idolatry. Because idolatry will not save you. Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the one that saves, who gave His life for you, for me and for all humanity. The Lord has a great message for humanity. As He wept, He told me, "Please, Daughter, do not be silent; go and tell the truth, go and tell what I have shown you."

I saw how Mary worshipped the Lord,
and I saw women with very beautiful long hair. I said, "Lord, how pretty the way they wear their hair." He told me, "Daughter, that which you see is the veil that I have given to a woman." He added, "Daughter, go and tell women to take care of the veil that I have given them."

(N.B. The children had the apparition experience with Mary since 1917. Angelica had her Out-of-Body experience with the Lord on the year 2009)

And no marvel, we can now find many idolaters in this Christian age.

I totally believe the testimony of Angelica Zambrano. Even some Biblical references were stated in her revelational book. So, according to what our Lord Jesus had told Angelica, if Mary has no knowledge of what's happening on earth, how then could she have appeared to these children and still tell them about the world war 1 & 2? How could she(Mary) have appeared to them that way(as described)? Can't we recall what the book of 2Corinthians13-15 tells us?

"For such are the false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

Oh, about deceit/deception(Jeremiah23:24)... Let me also quote this Bible verse of 2Timothy3:13; But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. This then reminds me of what I had read online some times ago. The writer was actually giving comparison between Christians & Muslims or Jesus & Mohammed, he clearly stated that; "Mohammed mistook satan's voice for Allah and became a prophet of Allah."

Could the devil have really put these children together in a trance? Speaking of the comparison and trance thing, let see what Jeremiah23:21 says; I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. 25. I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed. 24. How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? Yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Ba'al. 31. Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues and say, He saith. 32. Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness: yet I sent them not, nor commanded them:

On the other hand, these children had also said that Mary wanted them to make sacrifices for sinners since they are many who go to hell, because there is no one to make sacrifices for them. I don't just get it. Who can make sacrifices for sinners? Hadn't Jesus made such sacrifice by His 'sacrificial death' on the cross out of love and mercy for our sins, through His blood He shed, in which we are now redeemed and saved(even from the wrath to come)? Albeit, the only 'sacrifice' I know we can make is to repent of our sins, call on the name of Jesus Christ, plea for His sacred blood to cleanse us from all sins, and then, we can be saved(Romans10:13, Acts2:21, Joel2:32). And just as he had said to Angelica; I am the only One who saves and outside of Me – nobody, nobody, nobody- saves!" He repeated it three times - that nobody could save; only He saves.

If the acclaimed Virgin Mary who appeared to them had also said; "The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me(Mary)," then, what of others, in and out of russia who are yet to believe in Jesus Christ, even as their Lord and Savior? Are we to consecrate ourselves(or a nation) to Mary or to Jesus? Can we call on the name of Mary and be saved? Let's not be deceived, only the name Jesus can offer salvation(Romans10:13) And the word of God tells us in the book of Philippians2:9-11 that; "Wherefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

And let's note that this verse of the Bible in 1Timothy2:5 also said; For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ. So where in the bible can we now indicate Mary being a mediator between God and man? Or, where in the bible can we point out that mary should be adored? And so, if Jesus Christ is actually a mediator between God and men, how could have the Virgin Mary appeared to these children?

If you are a catholic reading this, yes, catholic. Can you point out verses in the bible(especially from the new testament) that allows the use of rosary to pray? Can you point out from the bible, where an image of Jesus Christ or the Virgin Mary was made for worship? Whereas, in the book of John4:23-24 Jesus had said "The hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeks such to worhip him. God is a Spirit; and they that worship Him must worhip Him in spirit and in truth." And let's not also forget Exodus20:3-5; You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...

Even the apostles of Jesus Christ never adored Mary, but Jesus Christ alone, and also in which they exhorted us to do the same(1Thessalonians5:18).

I'm partly convinced. Partly convinced that mary had made it clear that hell really exist(and not purgatory, for catholics believe in purgatory). But how could Virgin Mary have appeared to these children? Could they have been put together in a trance?

[This is my comment on Fatima, John Paul 11 and Communism of Thisday publication on wednesday may 17, 2017.]

Re: Re: Could Virgin Mary Have Really Appeared To These Children ? Part1 by greatnaija01: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
pls lets stick to the BIBLE.... Mary was not treated as a deity in the bible.... so all these appearances is not legit o... The kids may have seen something but we must remember that even the Devil can disguise as an angel of light.

1 Like

Re: Re: Could Virgin Mary Have Really Appeared To These Children ? Part1 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2017
greatnaija01:
pls lets stick to the BIBLE.... Mary was not treated as a deity in the bible.... so all these appearances is not legit o... The kids may have seen something but we must remember that even the Devil can disguise as an angel of light.

I also gave that point. I don't know why people would go otherwise.

I'm overwhelmed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Near Death Experience / When To Be Silent In 20 Situations With Biblical Reference. / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners’ Chapel VGC Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.