Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) (23169 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo And Husband Felix Remi Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary / Bishop Oyedepo's Sons And Son-in-law Rock Agbada To Faith Oyedepo 60th Birthday / Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Sammmypoko(m): 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
praise the lord
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by zachanalysis: 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
Happy 35th Anniversary to Papa David and Mummy Faith Oyedepo. Today I appropriate the same marital grace at work in your lives upon my own life too in the name of Jesus the Christ. Amen!
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2017
One of the secrets of success in life as a man is to LOVE YOUR WIFE!
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2017
adeniyi3971:

and so is mine.. as a covenant child what afflicts others is not permitted to affect me..

Congratulations �

1 Like

Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by atlas01: 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
Indeed my case is different...
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Jgr8ola: 12:40am On Aug 22, 2017
MadManTalking:
There goes the greatest yahoo couple without a laptop.

They wont be where they are today without tithes and offerings.

They have scammed you to build schools that your wretched ass can't afford.

Below is what their bank accounts look while yours are empty but you will still sheepishly carry your widow's mite and give them next Sunday.

Did they ask u for ur own tithe? Stop drinking panadol for another man's headache.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Chinagurum1995(m): 5:42am On Aug 22, 2017
Congrats too them you guys dey go kiss na bride. grin
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 6:35am On Aug 22, 2017
Themandator:

But tithe and offering Aline can't explain the achievement of that ministry in just 36 years. Every church on earth takes offering ,some more than twice like the catholic and Anglican churches and some including catholic church that was lukewarm to matters of tithe now takes tithe in some of the branches.

What then accounts for the huge difference in impart and reach within such a short time ... Kind you , the ministry he runs is just 36 years old

I earlier explained on this thread how these prosperity preachers make their money. True, tithes and offering may not be enough. The prosperity preachers always develop a similar model which they call a seed faith or a seed faith offering. Here, they encourage people to give and get blessed. Many have given their whole salaries, a brand new car and so many other things. It is the way these men get so rich and powerful. They promise you wealth and health if you can sow a seed of faith.
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Themandator: 8:18am On Aug 22, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I earlier explained on this thread how these prosperity preachers make their money. True, tithes and offering may not be enough. The prosperity preachers always develop a similar model which they call a seed faith or a seed faith offering. Here, they encourage people to give and get blessed. Many have given their whole salaries, a brand new car and so many other things. It is the way these men get so rich and powerful. They promise you wealth and health if you can sow a seed of faith.

Ok. But I have been worshipping with his church for sometime and I have never heard of seed faith....As a matter of fact, offering and tithes are lumped together and you don't in your envelope and you don't have to leave your seat because it is considered a subtle way of pressuring people to give due to shame of being the only left while others are going out to give ...

I have always wondered where the resources to pursue all the projects going in different churches comes from. ...In the church red book called the mandate , launching of any kind is forbidden and we know that people give if the giving is acknowledged as coming from them but this opportunity is lacking in this man's led church.

There is no harvest of any kind, no bazaar , no compulsory levies like AMC ...NO pressure on anyone to give for any course .... The branch I attend before now, we only came, on a certain day to meet people tearing down the ceilings only to later replace it with a pop... Every time you came , work was going on. no announcement to give to the project until it completion ... It was Later, I learnt in the course of doing WOFBI that a single individual applied to the pastor to be granted permission to replace the ceiling with pop in preparation for air-conditioning the building....Till date, the name of the person has never been officially mentioned to the congregation.

He continually boast that the church has never borrowed from any bank anywhere in the world neither have they ever called any man dead or alive for support of any kind.

What is at work I the life and ministry of bishop Oyedepo is a mystery. The attainment of the man's ministry in less than 36 years is more than what gimmicks of any kind, sweet talking of any depth and breadth , magic, Satanism , occultism can provoke. No occult power can give you a 20,000 capacity church that runs three services as a branch of your main church, a 10,000 capacity church as a branch , and so many others ..Mind you, his is not a ' miracle centre, not a 'prophesy house' just the raw word of God being explained to the point of delivering results in the lives of men..... I came to understand that there is nothing you do for the sake of the gospel that is free..... Do it with a business mind that Jesus Christ called it business, you shouldn't call it charity ... God is not interest in your time, money ,talent unless it has a price.... And testimonies abounds.... He has not called the sons of Jacob to seek him in vain....Place a demand on your time , money and skills that you channels to the kingdom....It is not a sin but wisdom.

Testimony: I invited a staunch catholic who had told me his life's story and the dark forces that had held sway in his family and not allowed anyone to breakthrough. He told me his his family has journeyed to various prophetic homes and had not seen any change. But as a catholic the idea f leaving his church where he held positions from which he had received meritorious awards was unthinkable. Then I bought a book written by the bishop and gave it to him to read. By the next Sunday he joined me to service. Today , he is the absolute breadwinner of this family set to get married, drives his own car. I met him in a mud house but he now lives in the federal housing estate

Some of my notes from Recent teachings on holiness from WOFBI:

Foundation for genuine walk with God
Psalm 11:3….2 Tim 2:19…. Heb 12:14…. Pro 16:7
Holiness is the foundation for a divine walk whereas sanctification is the way to holiness. Holiness is double sanctification. ...Set apart for God...Set apart from the devil ….That is sanctification.

What about sanctification
Sanctification is a must ….Matt 4:48
It must remain a strong desire for to be retained ...Psalm 27:4
Psalm 42:1-3
Give birth to joy, boldness and divine security.

Understanding Holiness
The word Holy is found in the Bible 596 times
Holiness is found 43 times
Sanctification 136
Humility comes before holiness ...Matt 11:29 ….Holiness is a product of grace and he gives grace to the humble.
Holiness comes from seeking the glory of God ...Psalm 34:4-5
Living for God and not for things
Holiness grants us access to God

Lecture 2 lesson 2
The Nature of Sin
Sin is a an outright rebellion against God's law. 1 John 3:4
Everyone who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness
All unrighteousness is sin ..1 John 5:17

Three dimensional nature of sin
It is deceptive ...Heb 3:13….. The cure for deceit is truth
It offers temporal pleasure for eternal pressure ...Heb 11:25
It is destructive ….Romans …...Pro 11:3

Three main category of sin ….1 John 2:15-17
Lust of the eyes. Insatiable desire for worldly gains ….John 7:21….. 2 kings 5:20…. Gehazi
Lust of the flesh ...1 Tim 4:1, Jude 16:1 ...Samson and Delilah...Sex reduces intelligence
The pride of life….2 Tim 3:1-4…. Isa 14:12-16… Pride is an iniquity ...Over estimation of self ...Pride
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 22, 2017
ozoneymcm:

Be careful o, some utterances can lead to unnecessary punishment. Let God decide who is who na

False.Evidence.Appearing.Real is what they have used to hold people like you to ransom.

Please emancipate yourself from mental slavery because no other person (not a pastor, alfa, priest, imam, daddy yahoo G.O, mummy assistant yahoo G.O, bishop, deacon or any other name that they go by) except you can free yourself from the entanglement of fear anchored on religion.

If you are a christian, follow Christ's teachings by reading the Bible and have a personal understanding and relationship with God(Holy Spirit) and not worship a mere mortal who self-proclaimed as a pastor.
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 22, 2017
Themandator:

Ok. But I have been worshipping with his church for sometime and I have never heard of seed faith....As a matter of fact, offering and tithes are lumped together and you don't in your envelope and you don't have to leave your seat because it is considered a subtle way of pressuring people to give due to shame of being the only left while others are going out to give ...

I have always wondered where the resources to pursue all the projects going in different churches comes from. ...In the church red book called the mandate , launching of any kind is forbidden and we know that people give if the giving is acknowledged as coming from them but this opportunity is lacking in this man's led church.

There is no harvest of any kind, no bazaar , no compulsory levies like AMC ...NO pressure on anyone to give for any course .... The branch I attend before now, we only came, on a certain day to meet people tearing down the ceilings only to later replace it with a pop... Every time you came , work was going on. no announcement to give to the project until it completion ... It was Later, I learnt in the course of doing WOFBI that a single individual applied to the pastor to be granted permission to replace the ceiling with pop in preparation for air-conditioning the building....Till date, the name of the person has never been officially mentioned to the congregation.

He continually boast that the church has never borrowed from any bank anywhere in the world neither have they ever called any man dead or alive for support of any kind.

What is at work I the life and ministry of bishop Oyedepo is a mystery. The attainment of the man's ministry in less than 36 years is more than what gimmicks of any kind, sweet talking of any depth and breadth , magic, Satanism , occultism can provoke. No occult power can give you a 20,000 capacity church that runs three services as a branch of your main church, a 10,000 capacity church as a branch , and so many others ..Mind you, his is not a ' miracle centre, not a 'prophesy house' just the raw word of God being explained to the point of delivering results in the lives of men..... I came to understand that there is nothing you do for the sake of the gospel that is free..... Do it with a business mind that Jesus Christ called it business, you shouldn't call it charity ... God is not interest in your time, money ,talent unless it has a price.... And testimonies abounds.... He has not called the sons of Jacob to seek him in vain....Place a demand on your time , money and skills that you channels to the kingdom....It is not a sin but wisdom.

Testimony: I invited a staunch catholic who had told me his life's story and the dark forces that had held sway in his family and not allowed anyone to breakthrough. He told me his his family has journeyed to various prophetic homes and had not seen any change. But as a catholic the idea f leaving his church where he held positions from which he had received meritorious awards was unthinkable. Then I bought a book written by the bishop and gave it to him to read. By the next Sunday he joined me to service. Today , he is the absolute breadwinner of this family set to get married, drives his own car. I met him in a mud house but he now lives in the federal housing estate

Holiness is the foundation for a divine walk whereas sanctification is the way to holiness. Holiness is double sanctification. ...Set apart for God...Set apart from the devil ….That is sanctification.

Understanding Holiness
Sanctification 136
Humility comes before holiness ...Matt 11:29 ….Holiness is a product of grace and he gives grace to the humble.

Lecture 2 lesson 2
The Nature of Sin

Lust of the eyes. Insatiable desire for worldly gains ….John 7:21….. 2 kings 5:20…. Gehazi
Lust of the flesh ...1 Tim 4:1, Jude 16:1 ...Samson and Delilah...Sex reduces intelligence
The pride of life….2 Tim 3:1-4…. Isa 14:12-16… Pride is an iniquity ...Over estimation of self ...Pride

bla bla bla.
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 9:01am On Aug 22, 2017
Themandator:

Understanding Holiness
Sanctification 136

Lecture 2 lesson 2
The Nature of Sin

I never said they call it seed faith generally. I said it is a model.

Your belief that occultism cannot give you a 20000 capacity church shows that you are not a Christian at all. Occultism can give you even more than a 20000 capacity church. The Bible never said Satan was not powerful. As a matter of fact, there are Biblical evidence to show that the riches of the world belongs to Satan and he can use it to tempt you.

And please remember that I never said Oyedepo got his wealth through the occult. I only said he is a businessman. A con man. His method of scamming is called seed faith. Like a con man, his tricks are expected to work on some people by chance and these people will go about talking about the con man and thereby bringing in more dummies.

Your friend's miracles happen everywhere, even in other religions who do not even believe in Jesus Christ.

Let me give you an instance. I am a medical doctor. When I still practiced actively, I had one patient who had so much faith in me that anytime she was sick and she saw me, she immediately got well. I cannot claim to have powers or to start cheating her because I know that it was her faith in me that healed her.
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by jetson06: 9:06am On Aug 22, 2017
Your father in scam.

israelmao:
Congregations my father in the Lord.
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by ozoneymcm: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2017
MadManTalking:

False.Evidence.Appearing.Real is what they have used to hold people like you to ransom.

Please emancipate yourself from mental slavery because no other person (not a pastor, alfa, priest, imam, daddy yahoo G.O, mummy assistant yahoo G.O, bishop, deacon or any other name that they go by) except you can free yourself from the entanglement of fear anchored on religion.

If you are a christian, follow Christ's teachings by reading the Bible and have a personal understanding and relationship with God(Holy Spirit) and not worship a mere mortal who self-proclaimed as a pastor.
Oga, I'm not one of those that worship pastors,overseers etc. I'm even just a Sunday Sunday worshipper(I'm working on that). My tithe isn't regular (I'm working on that too) and I'm not a member of Oyedepo's church. All I'm saying is spiritual issues are delicate and we should be careful of what we say to avoid God's wrath
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by Themandator: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I never said they call it seed faith generally. I said it is a model.

Your belief that occultism cannot give you a 20000 capacity church shows that you are not a Christian at all. Occultism can give you even more than a 20000 capacity church. The Bible never said Satan was not powerful. As a matter of fact, there are Biblical evidence to show that the riches of the world belongs to Satan and he can use it to tempt you.

And please remember that I never said Oyedepo got his wealth through the occult. I only said he is a businessman. A con man. His method of scamming is called seed faith. Like a con man, his tricks are expected to work on some people by chance and these people will go about talking about the con man and thereby bringing in more dummies.

Your friend's miracles happen everywhere, even in other religions who do not even believe in Jesus Christ.

Let me give you an instance. I am a medical doctor. When I still practiced actively, I had one patient who had so much faith in me that anytime she was sick and she saw me, she immediately got well. I cannot claim to have powers or to start cheating her because I know that it was her faith in me that healed her.

There is no occultic power that can give you a 20,000 capacity church in different places as a branch even if an entire village was delivered as the sacrifice. If such power exist , we won't be having all the stories of pastors burying humans parts in a rundown church environment to attract people. And certainly Oyedepo wouldn't have been the only one with the heart and courage to come forward.

The testimony I stated wasn't that of a rich guy but like majority of the members when they came for the first time, a poor dude who joined the church as a nobody but is today having breakthroughs ..As a matter of fact, it is was frustration that drove me to the church ...When I graduated and was looking for job for years and moving from one prophetic church to another , from prayer home to another . I was invited and I initially refused and was very reluctant because I was already enjoying the comradeship And friendship of the head prophet of the church I was attending then.... But the person persisted and I visited once , listened to the teaching and the rest is history.

Not too many people joined winners as 'made' people .... Majority will readily tell you of what has happened since they joined.
There is mode or methods in raising funds in the church other than tithe and offering... There is no launching , no harvest , no bazaar, no raffle draws , no AMC, ...I have been there for like four years ...Mot once has anyone been brought to the altsr to make speech before giving anything.....The man says, you don't come to this church to do anything you come to become something.... If your tithe is not working apply to have it returned to you.... You have your tithe booklet ...They actually expect you to record everything you spend in the church in the booklet they give to you.....If it is not working calculate and come forward with it

A man that can stand in the pulpit and declare to heaven that may the day it will cross my mind to take advantage of anyone of you never meet me on earth in Jesus name ..., If any man has ever received a call to help this ministry let him proclaim so... How many can swear like that.

A man who says to you, until you open the book your destiny remains close...Go for the word, that is where your destiny is...I'd Jesus discovered what was written concerning him by book you can not discovers yours by going around churches.
Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by israelmao(m): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2017
jetson06:
Your father in scam.

Some people go around shopping for curses in addition to their generational curses.Has he scammed you or any member of your family?When he started long ago from one room in Ungwan Rimi,Kaduna nobody knew him.Every rich man in Nigeria is now a scammer in the mind of those who have settled for penury for life.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David & Faith Oyedepo Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) by adontcare(f): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
MadManTalking:
There goes the greatest yahoo couple without a laptop.

They wont be where they are today without tithes and offerings.

They have scammed you to build schools that your wretched ass can't afford.

Below is what their bank accounts look while yours are empty but you will still sheepishly carry your widow's mite and give them next Sunday.
madmantalking wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TB Joshua: I Belong To ALL Political Parties / Archbishop Martins Speaks On #EndSARS / Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.