Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) (771 Views)

Dear Christians,please Say Something About This / Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
Can any nice and understanding Christian who is knowledgeable with the Word of God interpret Job12:5; "He that is ready to slip with his feet is as a lamp despised in a thought of him that is at ease" -KJV

Ok, so I didn't understand this, and I decided to use a NKJV that says ( still the same verse o ): "A lamp is despised in the thought of one who is at ease; it is made ready for those whose feet slip" -NKJV

The word-for-word on this context and version made me slightly bemused. Worst still, I actually didn't pray to God that the Holy Spirit should guide me while reading it. So, I don't mind getting perspectives on what it means.

Thanks smiley
Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by whitestar01(m): 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
Check my signature
Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by greatnaija01: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2017

Job 12:5Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

5 In the thought of him who is at ease there is contempt for misfortune—but it is ready for those whose feet slip.

Job 12:5Living Bible (TLB)

5 Meanwhile, the rich mock those in trouble and are quick to despise all those in need.

HOPE U UNDERSTAND NOW.

Jhaytee4all:
Can any nice and understanding Christian who is knowledgeable with the Word of God interpret Job12:5; "He that is ready to slip with his feet is as a lamp despised in a thought of him that is at ease" -KJV

Ok, so I didn't understand this, and I decided to use a NKJV that says ( still the same verse o ): "A lamp is despised in the thought of one who is at ease; it is made ready for those whose feet slip" -NKJV

The word-for-word on this context and version made me slightly bemused. Worst still, I actually didn't pray to God that the Holy Spirit should guide me while reading it. So, I don't mind getting perspectives on what it means.

Thanks smiley

Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2017
greatnaija01:

Job 12:5Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

5 In the thought of him who is at ease there is contempt for misfortune—but it is ready for those whose feet slip.

Job 12:5Living Bible (TLB)

5 Meanwhile, the rich mock those in trouble and are quick to despise all those in need.

HOPE U UNDERSTAND NOW.

Kind of. . . but thanks.
Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by joyandfaith: 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Thanks smiley

nwt

5 The carefree person has contempt for calamity,Thinking it is only for those whose feet are unsteady.
Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2017
joyandfaith:

nwt

5 The carefree person has contempt for calamity,Thinking it is only for those whose feet are unsteady.

New world translation? That's JW Bible
Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hmm. . . This Bible versions are really something to speak of.
This is the kind of time I'd wish I'mma Bible scholar.
Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by 701ecilana: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
This is what Job 12:5 says

He that is ready to slip with his feet is as a lamp despised in the thought of him that is at ease.
Job:12:5 (KJV)

Amplified Bible Job 12:5 In the thought of him who is at ease there is contempt for misfortune—but it is ready for those whose feet slip.

Let's put it in our lay parlance. He whom the gods wants to destroy, they first make mad.

You see someone in a mistake, or falling as a reault of the mistake he or she is living in, instead of pulling them up, you put your leg and they fall, because you think you are better than them and are in a secure place.

You are not considering the misfortune that can suddenly come upon you too.

There are people who live their live their lives as though they own it. As if tomorrow is guaranteed for them, as if they are gods. Instead of helping the poor, they make people poorer People like this don't remember that misfortune can suddenly come on them.

But misfortune is ready to come upon them whose feet slip.

Those who live in error have slippery feet and can fall at any time, but they don't care about falling. They believe there's no God who can call them to account for how they live.

Atheists are the best example of this Bible passage.

There are people today who think they have everything so do not need God in their lives hmmm

Those wealthy aristocrats believed that they have what they have because they deserve what we have.

The elite of our land have made a success of themselves. They are prosperous; they are secure; ( or so they think), They looked at their business associates. They looked at their friends. They looked at their social acquaintances. They were all wealthy. They were all comfortable. They have all they need, misfortune is something like a mirage to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
whitestar01:
Check my signature

I know about the site. Thanks.
Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by joyandfaith: 6:47am On Aug 22, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

New world translation? That's JW Bible

what is wrong with with nwt?
Re: Christians!! Please Interpret Job12:5 Thank You :) by shadeyinka(m): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Thanks smiley

Literally, a person who sees well doesn't value a lamp.
A lamp is useful for those who fear to stumble

Meaning:

A person who thinks he knows doesn't value guidance
Guidance/Wisdom is useful to those who fear to fail

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

ISIS Threatens Pope Francis In New Video And Destroy Statue Of Jesus / Happy Birthday To A Wonderful Man Of God / Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Tolerant Of Other Religions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.