Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria (6629 Views)

High School Musical Star Is Pregnant / High School Musical In Nigeria On Stage Reveals Nigerias Own Troy And Gabrielle / Who Is Your Favourite Female Disney Channel Celeb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by nellaluv(f): 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
Disney high school musical comes to nigeria

There are reports promoter Sheila Okonji's KidzTrust has secured the exclusive rights to produce the most powerful international music phenomenon of the decade - High School Musical- in Nigeria.

High School Musical is an original production of DISNEY; with a Guinness Book of world records entry for having 9 concurrent no 1 hit singles from its soundtrack.

Sources say the Nigerian production will be executed by a full Nigerian cast and crew.

No details have been announced for now, but those close to the organisers say 'work is going on rapidly', and auditions to find Nigeria's Gabrielle and Troy may start 'soon'.

20 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL NIGERIA

1. High school Musical Nigeria on stage is an adaptation of the 2006 movie that has become the most successful Disney Channel movie
2. High school musical Nigeria is Disney’s latest and most recent teen property with exclusive license granted to KIDZ trust spearheaded by entertainment entrepreneur Sheila Okonji Ashinze.
3. The high octane music and dance contest is looking out to produce Nigeria’s Gabriella and Troy.
4. Auditions will be staged in Lagos and Abuja and is open to anyone between the ages of 15-25 and successful contestants will be chosen by a team of celebrity judges.
5. The cast of high school musical Nigeria includes industry professionals in the art of singing, dancing and acting.
6. The original High school musical is a contemporary musical comedy about Troy and Gabriella.
7. The show will be sponsored by First Bank of Nigeria PLC.
8. The lucky contestants that are crowned Nigeria Troy and Gabriella would have a chance to further their career in the UK.
9. The shortlisted contestants will enter the training booth camp where they will undergo further training and elimination until the HSM cast is complete.
10. The High School Musical booth camp will be televised and broadcasted across Nigeria.
11. The team at High School Musical on stage includes Kaffy, Stella Damasus, Tarilla Thompson and Emmanuel Ayalogu.
12. Authors and critics have described High School Musical as a modern adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.
13. High School Musical was originally filmed at East High School located in Salt Lake City Utah
14. High School Musical when released in May 2006 recorded a total sales of 1.2 million copies
15. Till date, High School Musical is in three parts.
16. Throughout the project in Nigeria, there would be a number of giveaways and prizes for all participants
17. The High School Musical soundtrack was number one on billboard 200 twice.
18. Peculiar to High School Musical are terms like Auditions and Call backs.
19. It is speculated that since its release in 2006 till date, High School Musical has been seen by 225 million viewers.
20. Kidz Trust is Nigeria’s licensee for High School Musical on stage.

WHO IS DOING WHAT
* Owners Disney
* Licence Kidz trust LTD
* Territory Nigeria
* Sponsors First Bank of Nigeria Plc
* Director Tarilla Thompson (Nollywood director)
* Choreographer Kaffy
* Vocal Coach – Stella Damasus
* Acting Coach – Emma Ayalogu
* Executive Director Sheila Okonji-Ashinze

source Lindaikejiblogspot or you google it tongue

Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by Tudor6(f): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
Can't believe they're bringing that movie for retards into our country. . . .
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by nellaluv(f): 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
High school musical is coming to Nigeria like OMG  shocked shocked shocked shocked. Please God let nigeria not be disgraced. What i noticed is that Nigerian kids cant act especially teenagers, you ll just feel like flogging the living daylight out of them. and one thing is that they love looking directly at the camera  grin grin grin grin

Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by Tudor6(f): 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2010
nellaluv:

High school musical is coming to Nigeria like OMG  shocked shocked shocked shocked. Please God let nigeria not be disgraced.
What i noticed is that Nigerian kids cant act especially teenagers, you ll just feel like flogging the living daylight out of them. and one thing is that they love looking directly at the camera  grin grin grin grin
How old are you?
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by Moyola(f): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2010
nellaluv:

High school musical is coming to Nigeria like OMG shocked shocked shocked shocked. Please God let nigeria not be disgraced. What i noticed is that Nigerian kids cant act especially teenagers, you ll just feel like flogging the living daylight out of them. and one thing is that they love looking directly at the camera grin grin grin grin

Dont underestimate d actin skillz of 9jah teenz! tongue
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by THEAMAKA(f): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
lol @ Tudor
like seriously, who wants to bring that crappy s*** into the country?
GOSH!
but i hope it's good sha, give the teens something to do.
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by nellaluv(f): 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
Ok, i believe in Nigeria entertainment industry, lets give her a chance i know we can do it blah blah blah . . . . . whatever.
I like the original HSM sha, original and make sense.
Tudór: how old are you
askor tongue
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
I cringe. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by Dclique(m): 12:23am On Feb 19, 2010
Don't be so negative. Who knows, we may get our own zach and vannessa after everything. Lol
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 1:50am On Feb 19, 2010
High school musical ko, primary school noise ni. . . . .Nonsense!
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50am On Feb 19, 2010
OMG

can they PLEASE not mess this up!!!!!!!!!

why do they have to make a Nigerian version? What's wrong with the original movie as it is?
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55am On Feb 19, 2010
@post

Ye!! Mogbe!
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by chiogo(f): 6:03am On Feb 19, 2010
LOL *dies at the comments*

Real talk though. Make them no just try am. grin grin Anyway, I wouldn't watch the hilarious display cheesy not like I cared about the original one in the first place. tongue
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2010
Dclique:

Don't be so negative. Who knows, we may get our own zach and vannessa after everything. Lol

Yes, and their characters will be aptly portrayed by Stella Damasus and Yemi Blaq.

I cannot stop cringing.
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by nellaluv(f): 10:34am On Feb 22, 2010
Auditions would be tough, thats if there's gonna be an audition tongue
Re: Disney High School Musical Comes To Nigeria by nganihu: 3:44pm On Feb 22, 2010
hope it will change our teens , u know promote love no sex ha grin

(1) (Reply)

Angela Okorie - The Nollywood End Time Beauty [ PHOTOS] / Pretty Lady Goes Mad In The Middle Of The Road,Strips Herself Unclad(photos) / Clara Kronborg Relaunches Women's World TV Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.