Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (47891 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / SpaceX In Talks With NCC To Bring Satellite-Based Broadband Internet To Nigeria / NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by thebigkendo(m): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
nurey:

Baba abeg help me edit that your quote

Done
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by jrusky(m): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
Sometime I honestly belief over 20 million Nigeria has a mental problem according to WHO because if not how does Global Loss now Nigeria Telecom headache? This country called Nigeria it seems their is a curse in this land to be honest so it's Nigeria who will carry it on their head to ban those apps? Sometime I don't just want to hate this country with their stupid and embarrassing statement.

Every country are trying to add more Apps for people to use freely but my own country Telecom idiots want them ban and the most funny thing is you will realized those behind this are going to be majority old fools who has nothing more to offer humanity with their ugly bald silly heads everywhere in Nigeria soil. Their generation has failed and they want the younger generation to fail as well. These is why every country hate Nigeria with passion because some people here reason like an animal.

When other countries are moving forward my own country leadership are going backward and doom. This was how we messed ourselves up that we are given neighboring countries electricity but can not generate our own electricity no wonder many vow never to return to Nigeria the moment they manage to escape to foreign countries, soon you will hear Senate POOH has passed it to law, no more watsapp or Imo etc just watch the cursed ones.

3 Likes

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by faithscharms(f): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
Yeye somboris...they want to take us back to the flintstone age.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Josh44s(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2017
Clear evidence on how things are being run in this Godforsaken country. There is a reason we have bad roads today, there is a reason we lack good drinking water, there is a reason we lack constant electricity. These are the evidence
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by VajanahDischaj(f): 3:26pm On Aug 22, 2017
In Nigeria everything must be made difficult for the citizens... Except the ones using the country for business.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Vioncy(f): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
issorit...make them ban am naa after all my company wifi still they work
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
EKITI001:
Are they OK?
i doubt if they re not ok
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by OAUTemitayo: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
GMBuhari:

VPN consumes data it's a win win for them
What you don't know is what you don't know.
The data will even be free.
Let them try it.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Amplikane: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]Morope oriwon buru
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by PatriotTemidayo: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2017
Something is wrong with their brains. angry
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Ajekuiya: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2017
Techpaded:
Nowadays, only few people make international calls due to the presence of Over-the-top (OTT) plays like Whatsapp, Skype, Wechat, Facebook, Viber and IMO. This caused a global revenue loss of $386 billion, from 2012 to 2018 for the telecoms operators. Hence, MTN, Airtel, GLO and 9Mobile are lamenting, urging the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to intervene and stop OTT services .

In opposition to this, I suggest that OTT plays should be left alone, because we users buy data from the Telcos to access services like WhatsApp, Skype, etc. While they are lamenting losses from voice/video calls, they are, on the other hand, jubilating from excess gains they make from data.

Source: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/08/mtn-airtel-glo-and-9mobile-is-pushing.html

This won't see the light of the day at any level, even the telecoms big wigs uses OTT services, news outlet,government officials and a whole lot uses OTT services, they must be outta there mind to even think of this
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by TrillMe: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2017
Techpaded:
Nowadays, only few people make international calls due to the presence of Over-the-top (OTT) plays like Whatsapp, Skype, Wechat, Facebook, Viber and IMO. This caused a global revenue loss of $386 billion, from 2012 to 2018 for the telecoms operators. Hence, MTN, Airtel, GLO and 9Mobile are lamenting, urging the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to intervene and stop OTT services .

In opposition to this, I suggest that OTT plays should be left alone, because we users buy data from the Telcos to access services like WhatsApp, Skype, etc. While they are lamenting losses from voice/video calls, they are, on the other hand, jubilating from excess gains they make from data.

Source: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/08/mtn-airtel-glo-and-9mobile-is-pushing.html
thunder kill una
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by GMBuhari: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
What you don't know is what you don't know.
The data will even be free.
Let them try it.

From what I know data usage is not free unless your using a cheat
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by ActionsShure: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
Luke u can see
Am using vpn steady
Both on pc and phone
Abegi
Vpn over wifi dey sweet

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by ActionsShure: 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
Wince buhari came bac frm london
No head or tail
Fulani threaten fayose
Ncc threaten nigerians.
Buhari
But why

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by piagetskinner(m): 3:37pm On Aug 22, 2017
they must be maaad
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Amos87(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2017
Techpaded:

I don't think so!
E be like say dm get some scor scor for their heads
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by OAUTemitayo: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2017
GMBuhari:

From what I know data usage is not free unless your using a cheat
Ok. Let them try it first.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by linearity: 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2017
Vioncy:
wetin be VPN na??

VPN - Virtual Private Network.

It is a technology that allow your internet connected end devices e.g. Phone, laptop, PC to establish a tunnel to a predefined server or gateway on the internet.

Your local service provide does not have clue what kind of traffic are inside this tunnel aka pipe and hence cannot filter out things like Whatsapp, Facebook, VoIP, etc.

But, since VPN are established via well-known protocols and ports, the establishment has to first be negotiated through your local service provide routers/firewalls, they can drop the VPN protocol or ports and your tunnel will not come.

A side note though; since VPN adds additional encapsulation layer to your IP packet, this increases your RTT and VoIP need at most RTT of 150 ms.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
They are bunch of greedy fraudsters. Who gives a shit about that? It's dead on arrival.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by princy80(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2017
Their brains dey twerk inside their skulls, that thing that took bubu to London shall carry them worldwide.. grin
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by jelil01: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
-
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by linearity: 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2017
GMBuhari:

VPN consumes data it's a win win for them

I don't see a win for them, if they didn't block VPN as well.

If they succeed in block whatsapp, Facebook, etc; with VPN, you can circumvent those restrictions and still have access to those Apps, so they are still lossing and their main goal of blocking those Apps would have been defeated.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by geezville(m): 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
Obviously....fake news!
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by joelens007(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
nurey:
Make them block am, VPN never finish for the world

baba show some love
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by ehissi(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
Saudi arabia and some other countries have already don the needful by blocking them. Its not new.....
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by solid3(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2017
They are very very mad and they have no one to tell them.
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by haryorbarmie83(m): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
Only in Nigeria you go hear this kind news. undecided

1 Like

Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by enimooko: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
1. When is it now the business of NCC to regulate the social media?

2. If the ISPs can point to the services to be regulated across those platforms and that are infringing on the intellectual property of Nigerian companies, then that can be an argument...

I reserve my comments...
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
Instead of them to invest in indigenous OTT. Facebook is not the most popular social media brand in Russia, they have their own. I ll check for the name. What's app is not even popular in NZ and Australia as it is in Africa. The market is there for them to invest. There are local OTT entrepreneurs struggling to survive, identify it and buy off the brand. If you can't beat the competition, you buy it off!
Re: Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services by zybash(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2017
they are mad oo......we go dey subscribe spectranet naa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take Easybuy To Lock A Defaulter's Phone? / Dual Core, Quad Core, Octa Core. What Do They Mean? / How To Know What Google Knows About You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.