Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Please, Use The Footbridge In Lagos To Save Your Life - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please, Use The Footbridge In Lagos To Save Your Life (743 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / A Nairalanders Expricence From Lagos To Kano On Train In Clips / Lagos To Abuja Flight Cost - Arik Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please, Use The Footbridge In Lagos To Save Your Life by Orikinla(m): 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
As I was on my way to work this morning, I saw a crowd of people gazing at a motionless body by the road side near the footbridge at the Charly Boy Bus stop on the Oshodi-Oworoshoki Express Way in Lagos, Nigeria. They said it was a young woman who wanted to cross the express way and was hit by a speeding vehicle. Nobody wanted to go near the body and most of them concluded that she was lifeless.
"Why did she not use the footbridge?'
People asked.
The footbridge was there.

Most people in Lagos are the funniest creatures I have ever seen in public, because of their silly behaviour.
They often prefer to rush across the express road than use the footbridge.
It is common to see pedestrians dashing across the express road right under a footbridge.
Are they normal or do they want to commit suicide?

The unfortunate tragedy at the Charly Boy Bus Stop this Thursday morning would have been prevented if the young woman simply used the safe footbridge nearby.

Even if there is no nearby footbridge, PLEASE, TAKE A BUS TO THE NEAREST FOOTBRIDGE IF YOU CANNOT WALK THE SHORT DISTANCE AND TAKE THE FOOTBRIDGE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE AND TO SAVE YOUR FAMILY FROM THE SORROW OF YOUR LOSS. AND TO SAVE THE PUBLIC FROM THE HORRIBLE AND TERRIBLE SIGHT OF SUCH A TRAGIC ROAD ACCIDENT.
PEOPLE DESERVE TO HAVE A NICE DAY WITH PEACE OF MIND AND NOT SEEING A HORRIBLE ROAD ACCIDENT THAT WOULD LEAVE THEM SAD.

PLEASE, I BEG YOU, USE THE FOOTBRIDGE AND STAY ALIVE.
WE LOVE YOU ALIVE.

Re: Please, Use The Footbridge In Lagos To Save Your Life by suxes2005(m): 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2010
Thanks Orikinla,

If d woman had taken d bridge i fink she'l
be safe and alive by now.

SHALOM
Re: Please, Use The Footbridge In Lagos To Save Your Life by symbian03(m): 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
Sob Sob Sob

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Highly Skilled Work / Hello / Hotel Info In Switzerland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.