Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi (644 Views)

More Humiliation Like Dino Melaye To Occur, If We Don't Voice Out- Aroms Aigbehi / 9 Ways Nigerian Pastors And Politicians Brainwash Nigerians - Aroms Aigbehi / "I Will Renounce My Nigerian Nationality If.... - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2017
Why I believe no single individual, no matter how determined can bring a change to Nigeria.
No day goes by without me sincerely regretting ever coming back to Nigeria, especially to Edo State. I wish I could turn it back and I would in a heartbeat. It has been a horrific, terrifying and dehumanizing experience. The worse of all I took my wife through it all. She didn't have to know these about Nigerians. But she did and I can never change that. She promised never to step her feet into Nigeria again and I will respect that.
It is my state and I was born there. I spent about 17 years of my life in the now Edo State. However, the worse treatments of my life and the worse human experiences I have received have been melted to me by the people of Edo State.
If the Americans or the Europeans have done 10% to me what Edo State have done to me, I would have thought they were racist and hated black people and I would have hated them forever. Rather sadly, I feel more comfortable when I am among Europeans and Americans. I am at peace. When I am leaving Nigeria, people ask me where are you going? And I say, I am going back home. Because outside Nigeria is home. It is where I feel peace and I am happy and treated like a human.
It has been a nightmare in Edo State and everyday I wake up hoping it will be over, but it doesn't. I have ran a marathon but I knew already before getting to the finish line I will still have to run another one without resting first. The strength is not the same as when I started the first marathon. Now I must reach down and gather more strength. People even like to remind me that I am not that young anymore to be working 16 hours daily. Most people look or shall I say gaze at me, as if they think what is wrong with this man? he should leave us alone. And they don't do anything. Should I leave them alone?
Edo State has been terrible, dreadful and sometimes sickening. I have seen things I never thought were humanly possible happen there. I wonder where humanity went while I was away. Never knew things could get this bad. Even the wild west was tamed compare to this. I remind myself often that this is real, don't get used to it. if you do, you wouldn't fit into a normal society when you get back home. Luckily my wife was always to keep me sane.
I tried to gather some strength from wherever and whoever, because I cannot give up. I see the children, despite none of them is mine, and I see the future, and it is not so bright. I know if I abandon them that will be one more person who abandoned them and the future will even be worse.
I see the hungry, yes the hungry and I tried to understand how can people be hungry while we can put cassava stick in the ground and 12 months later we have food. The Europeans wished they had such opportunities. No greenhouses and no irrigation. For this I came to fight and for this I am still fighting. There must be food for everyone.
I see Edo State children scattered all over the world. trying to look cool and pretending to be making it because that is what the home front expect from them. It saddened me to see the prostitutes, the scam artist, the hooligans all from Edo State. then I see the future, for these ones It doesnt look bright either. From these ones I try to gather some strength.
I see all the jobless and homeless youth and I know how easy it is to provide job for them. Everyday, I try and yet cannot do that much to alleviate their suffering because my resources are low. I am not a government and don't have a mega church.
So what now? The struggle continues.
I will fight on so the last day of my life on earth when I am conscious of it, I can look back and say I did my best and I will be satisfy with it.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=260312254474890&id=158338594672257

Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
cc:lalasticlala and mynd44
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Alisegun(m): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
booked
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by benzene00: 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2017
good
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2017
Even though I am not from Edo state, but the writeup makes me sad. I feel for the man.
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2017
cc:Seun and maclatunji
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Paperwhite(m): 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2017
Zombies what say ya?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Lazyreporta(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2017
grin
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by mikolo80: 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
Remimadrid:
Even though I am not from Edo state, but the writeup makes me sad. I feel for the man.
why?
He started something he was not qualified for and failed. Big deal. He should ask those that know how to fix banana republics instead of lamenting and allow us hia word
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by obonujoker(m): 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
Buhari should have... but he failed the people. failed Nigeria. Failed God too... I pity his soul....
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hmm, When will Nigerians Learn.
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Joejonah(m): 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
This man can complain for AFRICA
Re: Nigerians are Racist -Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2017
Wailer !

Op you don't understand what racism is .

b) make post to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,
c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .
d) automatically added to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps
e) follow all listed Danites
illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora, rusher14, LoveMachine, ugosample, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless
If you want to become a Danite simply quote me and tell me
Please copy block of text save it on your PC and paste it to bottom of your posts in appropriate threads or any thread for that matter.
join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as you can manage to .
If you want to become a Danite simply quote me and tell me

(1) (Reply)

Douglas Market Owerri Vandalization / Diezani, Ex-minister, Son, Others Top Dubai Assets List / Buhari Addresses UN Assembly On Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.