Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Hair And Split Ends! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair And Split Ends! (18002 Views)

Home Remedies For Hair Split Ends / All About Children's Hair And Styles. / How Do I Soften My Natural Hair And Stop Breakage During Combing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
Are you suffering from split ends? plz join me here so we can discuss ways to combat this devil. thanks!!
split ends is the #1 hair growth retardant.

[img]http://www.spaboutique.ca/uploaded_images/split_ends-754028.gif[/img]
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Poster, I normally get rid of splits by trimming every 2 or 3 months.
Can you tell me another way of getting rid or preventing them in the first place.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
the only way to get rid of them is by trimming.
But i am also looking for the prevention as well  undecided i've tried a lot of things.

right now, i plan to wash less frequently with shampoo (intead i will do weekly ACV rinces and shampoo once a month) and to use coconut oil daily on my ends
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 10:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2010
how often does she oil her hair? and what is PLATAS

i agree that i have more split ends when i don't moisturize it but. i have other things to do besides carrying oil around with me everywhere i go  undecided

why can't our body produce the oil automatically like oyinbo ppl  undecided
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by dominique(f): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
OMG i'm the poster child for split ends embarassed cry
i trim the hair every time i retouch (4-6 weeks) but the tips are always a mess before i braid sad
i've used so many products and told my hair dresser to take out a little bit more hair whenever she trims it and i think the situation has improved a bit. but i'll really love a more permanent solution.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 11:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
welcome to da club  embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry

are u willing to join me in the idea of using coconut oil on ur ends EVERY DAY as a treatment?
after a trim that is so then we're starting a fresh.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by adetoru(f): 12:01am On Feb 19, 2010
deep conditioning,once every month
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by Ladytemi(f): 1:23am On Feb 19, 2010
deep condition with pantene for women of color, also get hair trimmed every 2-3mths.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 1:44am On Feb 19, 2010

Re: Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 2:17am On Feb 19, 2010
how long is her hair?
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 2:24am On Feb 19, 2010
^

Just on her shoulder, it's natural as in not straightened or pressed with hot comb
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 2:28am On Feb 19, 2010
how long is it when stretched/ straightened?
my guess is that if she never gets split ends, her hair will be veryyyyyy long. unless she cuts it on purpose

mine's natural as well.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 2:34am On Feb 19, 2010
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 2:44am On Feb 19, 2010
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 2:48am On Feb 19, 2010
hmmm mine's a bit past my shoulder blades when i stretch. and comes a bit past my chin in front. but it still feels short to me dunno why. maybe because it's not very full. and i wear it natural so it looks shorter most of the time.

is your mom's hair very full?  i envy ppl with very full hair.

i will try to finish my jar of coconut oil first. if that doesn't work too well, i'll try the paltas. thanks for the tip. i'm not in UK but maybe i'll find it then on ebay or something
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by platinumnk(f): 2:52am On Feb 19, 2010
Split ends: Only one treatment. Cut them

Then condition the ends you have. You cannot save split ends. I laugh at ppl buying products to save them. grin grin grin

Its only temporary.

I cut about 2 inches off, cried, and vowed to daily mosturize the ends.
The 2 inches are back, hold on to split ends u think your hair is growing, but its not, your will stay the same length. the same hair is growing while the hair is breaking.
Same length.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 2:57am On Feb 19, 2010
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 3:03am On Feb 19, 2010
@platinumnk
getting rid of split ends by cutting easy. i know that. but how do you keep them from coming back without bending ur head and neck?

the only thing that works for me so far is keeping my hair hydrated 24/7. but that is NOT sustainable. the moisture usually dries off a couple of hrs after u apply it. and i don't have time to be redoing my hair every 6 hrs. so unless i find a real hydrating moisturizer that keeps my hair mildly damp throughout the day. once i get that magic, i will be set.

i'm not ready to bend my neck just because of preventing split ends. i'm looking for a relatively easy and maintainable method. i mean this is a black woman issue and i'm sure there's an answer somewhere. some researchers need to come up with something i swear. rotfl.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by oyinda3(f): 3:06am On Feb 19, 2010
madlady:

Yes it's sold on ebay, have just looked.

My Mothers hair is not thick,but nice and strong.

I have thick hair, I wish it were not, needs tamming and can be hard work.

Pls try paltas, Jamos use it a lot, but not for split ends just to help the hair grow long.

i wish i had thick hair. ur lucky tongue i think thick hair is more resistant to breakage.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 8:49am On Feb 19, 2010
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by iice(f): 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2010
Trimming once a month.

Aside from that. . .you have to moisturize. The coconut thing is great and once in while hot oil it or deep condition.
I used to have lots of split ends. . .didn't used to trim (i wonder why, since i'm not particular about cutting hair). Lately sha, i noticed i don't have that much split ends. Rarely see them this days.

And split ends attacks everyone, not just blacks. . .

@Madlady. . .I'm gonna try that Paltos thing tongue Just to see how it works
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by platinumnk(f): 4:12pm On Feb 19, 2010
oyinda.:

@platinumnk
getting rid of split ends by cutting easy. i know that. but how do you keep them from coming back without bending your head and neck?

Oyinda- Check this website. www.healthyhairjourney.com

I wear my hair in cornrows most of the time, and using protective styles while it grows. I have been a natural since 2006.

I adopted this regimen this year because I was wanted to treat my hair better.

I use this for a hair regimen, since Jan, and my 2 inches i cut are back Im dead serious and my hair is super curly and wavy, Im so thankful I started on this, and I know my hair thanks me for it.

To rid of split ends , mosturize mosturize mostuirze, I cant say that enough, and you MUST have a strenghtning treatment. MUST!  
I alternate treatments so there is a balance. The Difference it has made is AMAZING.

I wear my braids 2 to 3 weeks at a time, and they grow so quickly that Im rebraiding before then.

Spray Nadia Moisture Mist to braids underneath once per week

Spray Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Invigorator to scalp once or twice per week

Shampoo  every  weekend  alternate deep conditioner or protein treatment on braids

---------------------------------------------------------------
Products that I use and what I use them for:

Vitamins - they're working nicely for my hair as well

Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner - My staple shampoo and conditioner for all of my shampoo days ( Every Weekend)

Hydratherma Naturals Clarifying shampoo - Use whenever I need to clarify (once a month)

Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein Treatment - Use on leave-out hair or braids underneath weave whenever I need mild protein; AWESOME slip

Hydratherma Naturals Follicle Invigorator - spray on scalp about twice per week to stimulate hair follicles for growth

Joico Kpak Smoothing Balm - use on leave-out hair before blow-drying and pressing-comb; it's a heat-protectant

Nadia (shescentit.com) Moisture Mist spray - to moisturize braids underneath the weave, GREAT deodorizer too - it makes your hair smell nice and fresh for about a week after just one use

Nadia Green Grape Leave-in spray - used as a leave-in for the braids after shampooing

Elasta QP DPR 11- My staple Deep Conditioner- smells so good and sooths my scalp! cheesy

Castor Oil - use on my edges and I'll use a little to press my hair sometimes

This woman went from This . .  . .

to This . .  . in 6 Months.

Im taking extra care so I can be the next testimonial lol,

Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 4:28pm On Feb 19, 2010
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by platinumnk(f): 4:37pm On Feb 19, 2010
madlady:

@platinumnk
What a wonderful layout

thanks! now print and have a happy growing.
I wont lie, doing this have smoothed my texture tremdously.
Those curls that you thought that africans can't achieve?
Think again.
When I wash and mosturize my hair its looks like mixed ppl hair and pulling it back, it waves oooooh. cheesy

I strongly encourage you to try this.

There is a link of a video i had posted earlier where a woman had cut all her hair off and in three years by using the same regimen she grew her hair to her azzz cheesy cheesy

She has the same type of hair 4a/4b (super curly/kinky)
Not Mixed type of people hair. .

Lemme find the link . .
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by iice(f): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2010
madlady:

@iice
It will change the texture of your hair, if you use any heated products, it will sizzle, and it will not hold the style.Only use it when you are not using any form of heated appliances smiley

Nah, no probs there.  I rarely use my flat iron. . .stressful for me.  I just want to be able to pull my hair back without it all curling up and scattering in front like i didn't manage to comb the hair.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2010
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by iice(f): 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2010
How often do you redo the front? I no get power for everyday thing. Even my braids tend to last longer than advised lol. What do you do with the back? I'd rather cane the whole thing to avoid combing it.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by platinumnk(f): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2010
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by dominique(f): 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2010
oyinda.:

welcome to da club  embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry

are u willing to join me in the idea of using coconut oil on your ends EVERY DAY as a treatment?
after a trim that is so then we're starting a fresh.

coconut oil. . . thats a great idea. if only i know where i can get it.
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by platinumnk(f): 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2010
Dont they sell coconut oil like palm oil?
Re: Hair And Split Ends! by madlady(f): 6:41pm On Feb 19, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Women With Stretch Marks Not Wear Clothes That Expose Them.[PICS] WARNING / Be Your Own Skin-therapist, Use THE PUREST ORGANIC (100% Herbal) Products. Look! / Check Out My Fashion Style People. *pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.