Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Diary Of An Abused Woman. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Diary Of An Abused Woman. (492 Views)

Missing Fiance Star Michael Ilesanmi Is Seen Being Abused By Wife Angela Deem / I Was Sexually Abused As A Child By My Own Father. / Touching Letter By An Abused Wife To Her Husband Before She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diary Of An Abused Woman. by Sokere8: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2017
My name is Mrs Cecelia, I am in my early fifties. I have been married for 3 decades and I would like to share my marriage experience so far.

As a teenager I had lots of hope and dreams about how my marriage would be. I had wished for a fairy tale love story with a happy ending but my love story was different from what I had wanted.

I grew up from a lovely home where my dad loved and adorned my mum and his kids. He could sacrifice anything for us. My mum was a petty trader while my dad was a shoe maker.  He was hardworking and never neglected his responsibilities. Back in the 70s he had trained us with his meagre income. My dad was the perfect example of the kind of man I had wanted to spend the rest of my life with but I got a husband who was completely opposite.

When I brought the man I married to our house, my family refused to accept him. They told me that men from my husband's tribe are wicked, selfish and don't care for their families. They begged me not to marry him but I didn't listen. My husband had portrayed to be caring, loving and humble but all that was before I married him. The truth is if I could have another chance I would prefer to be single than to be in this kind of marriage.

How did it all start?

I attended college in a different state. While in school, I concentrated on my academics and never had a lover. When I was 24 years, I met this guy, Philip, who was from that locality where I schooled. I can’t even recall how I fell for him. He was my first love and the feelings were intense. 

They say “love is blind” but blind love can actually ruin a person’s life. Philip wasn’t educated nor rich. He had no secured job nor a house. He was just managing with unskilled jobs. When we started dating, my love for him made me to start fending for his needs. While he was a bachelor he would ask me for money for his feeding and I didn't mind assisting him. I was believing that things would change. But guess what? I have been providing for him for over 20 years now.

Financial Issues:

After we got married we were fortunate to get a job in the ministry. My salary was higher than his and this made him abandon every family responsibility to me. At month end he would spend up all his earnings and resort to begging me money for his transportation to work. I was taking care of the feeding, clothing, shelter and education of my 5 children.

For all my kids, he never assisted me during pregnancy neither was he around during their delivery. He always fixed his travel to the village during my delivery week just so he won't be available to pay the hospital bills. Buying baby's diapers and food was a problem. We would have to fight before he brings out the money. So each time I didn't have strength for a fight, I wouldn't bother asking for money for baby's food.

Like I said earlier he spends up his salary before month end so he would always borrow from me. It got to a point that he insisted that I must submit my salary to him every month end. I accepted in order for peace to reign but peace didn't reign.

Each time I needed money from my salary, I would have to give a detailed explanation of what I needed the money for before a dine was given to me. The worst part was that he was using my money to drink and womanize so before a month ends there would be no money left and we would have to struggle to feed.

In order to survive, I started doing petty trading. I sold meat pie, cake, sweets etc. My kids were also hawking on the streets after school just so we could provide our daily bread.

Trust Issues:

Although my husband was the first man I lay with, he still found it difficult to trust me. On several occasions I was accused of unfaithfulness. He was fond of cooking up stories against me. He accused me of dating my colleagues, pastors, church members and every other person. On several occasions after getting me pregnant he would deny being responsible.

The reason why he was always accusing me was because he was a chronic cheat. He cheated with every woman he met. Ranging from our neighbors, his colleagues, clients, married and single women.

He would bring those women to our house each time I was away to work. I caught him severally and fought with him but he never changed. Instead he became worse by the day. It got to a point that I didn’t care anymore. As my kids started growing up he stopped bringing the women to our house but took them to other places.

Click here�� for full story

http://www.soniasblog.com/2017/08/diary-of-strong-woman-2.html

Follow us on www.soniasblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Please Help: My Brother Is Missing - Abuja / Marriage Is An Island Where Love Conquers All Things Not Logic. / Akwa Ibom Dethroned Teen Queen Tenders Unreserved Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.