Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State (2747 Views)

Boko Haram Beheads Lawan Andimi, Rejects N50 Million Ransom Offer / Lady Implicates Aisha Buhari Sister Maryatu, Babchir Lawal In N50 Million Fraud / Visits To Buhari In London Cost N50 Million - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by walton1(m): 9:44am On Aug 24, 2017
By IFEOMA Ikem

Okpai community in Ndokwa East is a host community to Agrip Oil Company, Delta, where the company manages the largest gas plant in sub-Saharan Africa.
National Daily gathered that the community demanded 50 million naira for the death of a crocodile during the process of company’s operational activity in the area
It was learnt that the incident occurred on Friday,18 of August, 2017.

A source told our reporter that the crocodile is a deity in Okpai community which they believe on and worship which they commit their affairs annually.
Further gathered that the community has stopped all the activities of the company in the area until funeral ceremony is carried out to appease the god of their land.
According to the source he said before work will start in any of the Agrip site the crocodile must be given a befitting burial to avoid disaster in their community by ancestors.

3 Likes

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by mikeycharles(m): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2017
This is the type kwaruption Buhari is trying to tackle, 50mil for ordinary crocodile

FTC bitchs!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by Josephjnr(m): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2017
Africa.
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by zionmade1: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2017
this is how those lazy youths in Rivers state drive away investors. If not for oil no sane business minded person will invest in that state. demand demand demand. they are just lazy to the core.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by SalamRushdie: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2017
The Niger delta youth need to know time is not on their side again because Oil is a dying fuel as electric cars have really improved over the last 3 years and can beat and petrol car on the road in most department

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by IloveTrump(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2017
zionmade1:
this is how those lazy youths in Rivers state drive away investors. If not for oil no sane business minded person will invest in that state. demand demand demand. they are just lazy to the core.
oil, is only thing that brings dollar to Nigeria.
oil is the main reason you saw those white men in Nigeria.
oil is what transform abuja to its present state.
oil from these region its what is buying you data right now.
oil price goes down fg cry.
no b we do am na God give us, so done hate.
as Qatar , UAE they will tell u

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by Jabioro: 10:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Let me ask the community how much they take if is their son that get injured or killed during the operation..?

1 Like

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by IloveTrump(m): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The Niger delta youth need to know time is not on their side again because Oil is a dying fuel as electric cars have really improved over the last 3 years and can beat and petrol car on the road in most department
Go tell that to Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar.
That is why we want total resource control, from there we can diversify.

7 Likes

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by DLuciano: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2017
Jabioro:
Let me ask the community how much they take if is their son that get injured or killed during the operation..?
don"t mind those lazy people, they want free money, free money, even when you give them job offer they will still ask for irrelevant things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by zionmade1: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2017
IloveTrump:

oil, is only thing that brings dollar to Nigeria.
oil is the main reason you saw those white men in Nigeria.
oil is what transform abuja to its present state.
oil from these region its what is buying you data right now.
oil price goes down fg cry.
no b we do am na God give us, so done hate.
as Qatar , UAE they will tell u
so because u have oil, u should die in laziness. was it oil too that brought whites to Lagos? is Brazil thriving on oil?
Lazy man's mentality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by PatriotTemidayo: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2017
Did I hear someone said their "god" was killed by bulldozers? grin

Poverty-drown people.

If their god could be killed, no wonder they are living in penury and shanties.

1 Like

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by Jabioro: 10:52am On Aug 24, 2017
DLuciano:
don"t mind those lazy people, they want free money, free money, even when you give them job offer they will still ask for irrelevant things
Can you imagine that and they wanted development..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by DabuIIIT: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2017
Yesso..
mikeycharles:
This is the type kwaruption Buhari is trying to tackle, 50mil for ordinary crocodile

cry

alumajiri grin
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by mikeycharles(m): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2017
DabuIIIT:
Yesso..

alumajiri grin
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by IloveTrump(m): 11:03am On Aug 24, 2017
zionmade1:

so because u have oil, u should die in laziness. was it oil too that brought whites to Lagos? is Brazil thriving on oil?
Lazy man's mentality
Niger delta people are the most hardworking people in Nigeria. this your laziness stuff is just to satisfy ur ego. believe me, Yoruba's are the most lazy tribe in Nigeria. they add noting to the national purse.

2 Likes

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by moderatedguy: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2017
mikeycharles:

FTC bitchs!!! grin
that vegetable

1 Like

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by mikeycharles(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2017
moderatedguy:
that vegetable
Where
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by modaink333: 11:18am On Aug 24, 2017
I de come
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by zionmade1: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2017
IloveTrump:

Niger delta people are the most hardworking people in Nigeria. this your laziness stuff is just to satisfy ur ego. believe me, Yoruba's are the most lazy tribe in Nigeria. they add noting to the national purse.
hahahahahah
Hardworking indeed.
stop using the word Niger delta, because that includes abia, which have one the most hardworking people. rather use South south, because I have never in my life seen humans lazier than those people. Just open a business in Rivers before u know it they will form 10 unions on top of ur business. Go and find out why wilbrox folded up. Go and find out the first location dangote wanted to build his refinery and why he abandoned the place. In the near future the synonym for laziness will be southsouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by Henrypraise: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2017
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by thundafire: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2017
I guess dy re Pastors and worshipped among them cs of dy mny NY PEOPLE SUFFER NOT BECAUSE I DINT GIVE DEM BRAIN BUT 4 lack of knowledge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by thundafire: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2017
I guess dy re Pastors and worshipped among them cs of dy mny MY PEOPLE SUFFER NOT BECAUSE I DINT GIVE DEM BRAIN BUT 4 lack of knowledge
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by SaiNigeria: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2017
If Buhari could budget #2m yearly to kill and give ordinary rat a befitting burial, I see nothing wrong with giving out #50m for a huge animal like crocodile.

Just consider the casket of a rat and that of a crocodile.

2 Likes

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by babyfaceafrica: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
Source?
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by IloveTrump(m): 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2017
zionmade1:

hahahahahah
Hardworking indeed.
stop using the word Niger delta, because that includes abia, which have one the most hardworking people. rather use South south, because I have never in my life seen humans lazier than those people. Just open a business in Rivers before u know it they will form 10 unions on top of ur business. Go and find out why wilbrox folded up. Go and find out the first location dangote wanted to build his refinery and why he abandoned the place. In the near future the synonym for laziness will be southsouth.
if they divide this country today, Yoruba will b like Togo.
no wonder they used 15 yr to learn dirty mechanic and 5years to learn driven and 6 years to learn barbing.
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by clefstone(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
It should be an Iguana, not a Crocodile. The Iguana is a sacred creature to d people of that area. Nobody is allowed to kill them. I am from that area
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by sanandreas(m): 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2017
Companies and their staffs know these rules. Each community in the region have their diety. A chevron staff will never kill a fish in the river in their area of operation. It is against work ethics.
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Electric cars do not need special roads and will be charged by solar soon. Are the villagers the ones enjoying the petroleum money ?

Asking for that 50M is all they gain for the oil being exploited from their land and the pollution they live on. Even the worship of reptile is just their faith. Since it works for them, we have no reason to criticize them.
Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2017
50 million? Their dead deity has indeed provisioned them. But how long shall the FG and these IOCs continue to throw crumbs the way of these poor host communities? The drive should be towards total eradication and annihilation of poverty. We can't keep going this way. It won't work! P.S. That money will be mismanaged by a "chosen" few. If I hear burial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N50 Million Paid For Funeral Rite Of Killed Crocodile By Agip In Delta State by rusher14: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2017
Some who aren't from these communities would support their actions, if only to prove how the communities have been deprived and the government negligent.

Yet, this actually implies that the oil companies are heavily involved in CSR, environmental protection and due compensation when they fall foul of laid down rules of engagement.

For me, this buttresses the point of those who see these shenanigans as being responsible for death and indeed lack or growth in previously thriving communities such as Warri.

Continue applauding the gong of the funeral.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Yoruba Is The Most Spoken African Language / 1POB Member Said To Be Killed By Soldiers Is Very Much Alive. See Photos / List Of States Owing Salaries-see Where Oyo State Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.