Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Help To Confirm If My BMW E46 Engine is Dead. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help To Confirm If My BMW E46 Engine is Dead. (4532 Views)

What Is The Cost Of BMW E46 M54 Gear / Installation of my Subwoofer on my BMW F Series / Cog Light On Gear E46 BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help To Confirm If My BMW E46 Engine is Dead. by deathwing(m): 10:39am On Jun 03, 2018
Almaiga:

From my observation, the fuel consumption in this present Engine is similar to the previous one.
This is a 6 cylinder 2.5ltr Engine, the fuel consumption can not be same as a 4 cylinder Engine. But I'll rate it's fuel consumption OK, for a 6 cylinder Engine.

OK. I want to get this car and use it for a few years. Just wondering if to use the 318 or try something new and do the 325, but I'm not sure how crazy the fuel consumption is. Previously, I've used 1.8l engines.

(Plus when Buhari goes, they may finally remove subsidy and fuel price will skyrocket)
grin grin
Re: Help To Confirm If My BMW E46 Engine is Dead. by Almaiga: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2018
deathwing:

OK. I want to get this car and use it for a few years. Just wondering if to use the 318 or try something new and do the 325, but I'm not sure how crazy the fuel consumption is. Previously, I've used 1.8l engines.

(Plus when Buhari goes, they may finally remove subsidy and fuel price will skyrocket)
grin grin
I advice you get the 318 for better fuel economy. If you need power, the one with 2.5ltr Engine will do. I wanted to convert mine to 1.8ltr Engine, for better fuel economy. But I was told, I'll have to buy a complete Engine and Gear Box. I will also need a new brain box and the harness wire.
When I look at the cost of all these, I decided to stick to the Engine spec that came with the Car to save cost.
Re: Help To Confirm If My BMW E46 Engine is Dead. by deathwing(m): 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
Oh.Wow. Ok, Thanks

Almaiga:

I advice you get the 318 for better fuel economy. If you need power, the one with 2.5ltr Engine will do. I wanted to convert mine to 1.8ltr Engine, for better fuel economy. But I was told, I'll have to buy a complete Engine and Gear Box. I will also need a new brain box and the harness wire.
When I look at the cost of all these, I decided to stick to the Engine spec that came with the Car to save cost.
Re: Help To Confirm If My BMW E46 Engine is Dead. by Gracesofar(m): 7:15am On Feb 01, 2019
ricki:

dude, can u let us know if this daft idea worked??

The daft idea didnt work

(1) (2) (Reply)

ABS: Nigerian Interpretation And Misuse. / Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago / Honda Civic Ball Joints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.