Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? (11599 Views)

Continent With The Lowest IQ Ranking / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics / 18-Year-Old Boy Suspended After Proposing To His Teen Girlfriend In School In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by kestino(m): 5:53am On Aug 25, 2017
Being an average student in the higher institution in nigeria is really worrysome. Taking about finance, most times we are promised by parents, relations, friends and others that they will try to send some funds to you to enable you stay well at school, but most times we never receive any alert, we just have to over adjust to what we have, or most times start making unplanned visits to fellow coursemates to see if anything can come out, sometimes just to eat, go back home and sleep. My own experience is really devastating as sometimes i had to live on one thousand for 4months, some people will say its impossible sha, but its true.
Lets share our experience as a student.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 25, 2017
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Yewandequeen(f): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2017
Hehe
If I tell u my own ehn u won't believe.

My family is okay, not that we are dangote - like family.
Sometimes I will go home and dad will give me #500 for pocket money and I will be like hehe how do u expect me to survive with this. One time I was so broke ehn and I heard my dad would be coming to Abk for an event and I knew he would check on me. And my housemate were already happy hoping something go enter their pockets . But unfortunately my dad fell my hand and gave me #150, e pain me die. My housemates were like let's cook na sebi ur paale don show.
I couldnt open mouth to tell them he gave me #150 for the month.

But if u tell daddy ur hand out is millions, he wont question u, just bring home the receipt. grin

Moral of it is he actually wanted us to know the true value of money. And when we all grew up he he always like" do u now see how hard getting money is? "

He is an ijebu man to the core and I love him still cos he made me to know how to do with little change and be comfortable.

24 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by DRPAIT123(m): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2017
1000 for months.....outrightly impossible

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Omotayor123(f): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2017
My budget is always to have a Minimum Balance of at least 5K. Anything lesser than this na Red flag oo smiley

6 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 25, 2017
Zero naira
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 25, 2017
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by dammieco(m): 7:27am On Aug 25, 2017
My Parents sent me 4000 every beginning of the month till I graduated.

As soon as the money left on me is equivalent to my transport fare back home, I don't risk it but travel home immediately to gather momentum.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by dammieco(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2017
DRPAIT123:
Perhaps he studied in the university during the era of Awolowo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Wizdray: 7:28am On Aug 25, 2017
2 cups of garri for a week embarassed

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Histrings08(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2017
I don't know
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by BisQuit(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2017
1k a day atleast but this ain't feasible in most cases.

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by oneda(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2017
Naija... Imagine the sacrifices only to come out and be vieing for 30k npower job which will likely be in 2019 as campaign promise.

Nigerian students your future had been eaten/is still being eaten by your leaders. Arise and protest your tomorrow now.

If the 800+ billion being owed ASUU was to the National Assembly it would have been paid since with jara sef.

Unite today and fight this evil leaders together.

10 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by vaiper(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2017
700 naira monthly..only we the underdogs
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by donbrowser(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2017
Depends on your budget, 10-15k [manageable]

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by naijaboiy: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2017
dammieco:
Perhaps he studied in the university during the era of Awolowo
gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by skitkid2(m): 7:29am On Aug 25, 2017
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Teletexter: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2017
kestino:
My own experience is really devastating as sometimes i had to live on one thousand for 4months, some people will say its impossible sha, but its true.

Your lying prowess will take you places.

32 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Settingz321(m): 7:30am On Aug 25, 2017
Right now am on is 15k per month, cost of food stuff included and unexpected assignment

4 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Omotayor123(f): 7:30am On Aug 25, 2017
DRPAIT123:
Not when he become chicken, walking from one friend to another to do oshofree and Genie- give me! wink

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by abham: 7:30am On Aug 25, 2017
I once used 5h for 3 days dt was in '12

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by shinarlaura(f): 7:31am On Aug 25, 2017
Wooow.... 1000 for months?. Impossible

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by phantom02: 7:31am On Aug 25, 2017
with foodstuffs and provision/cosmetics,,5k cn b enough 4 a week

1 Like

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Settingz321(m): 7:32am On Aug 25, 2017
U mean a thousand everyday?
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by speak2femz: 7:33am On Aug 25, 2017
10k monthly
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by OMOTOWO(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2017
It was #15000/month back then on campus..
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2017
zero naira
as long as you have real friends who truly know you have nothing genuinely

But seriously, i was broke to 20 naira around 2010
Managed the 20 naira for that day.
(Garri plus sugar as brunch)
i hate borrowing

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by Teeeecash(m): 7:33am On Aug 25, 2017
DRPAIT123:
Nope, dere is nothing impossible about it. it happens. . am a witness. . .
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by okunkay2122(m): 7:34am On Aug 25, 2017
actually I leaved home with enough food even in excess at times but money there is no constant amount for that .
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by freezyprinzy(m): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2017
5k for one month
Re: Whats The Lowest Amount You Can Live On In School? by nNEOo(m): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2017
My own experience is really devastating as sometimes i had to live on one thousand for 4months, some people will say its impossible sha, but its true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Can A Statistics Graduate Bsc Work In Nigeria / Futo Senate Releases Official Statement.. Sch To Resume On Monday / 200 Days Of ASUU Strike - An Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.