Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,253 members, 7,953,942 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

Eid: What You Need To Know About Udhiya (slaughtering Animals For Allah) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid: What You Need To Know About Udhiya (slaughtering Animals For Allah) (8915 Views)

The Muslims Hypocrisy, Absurdity And Contradictory Argument For Allah / Advise: How Can A Muslim Intend His Whole Life To Be For Allah? / Animals For Upcoming Eid Sacrifice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Eid: What You Need To Know About Udhiya (slaughtering Animals For Allah) by udatso: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
Empiree:
They rely on certain ahadith (Al-Bukhaari (4101) and Muslim (2039) where nabi(sa) and a companion(ra) ate young goat. But there seems to be condition to that. Although generally, there is no age limit of animal we eat. I personally would not eat vile (baby) animal talkless of newborn. But in this context, it is about Udhiya, there is age in animal we choose for qurbani.

Under the heading which this baby animal is cited, is under defected animal not eligible for Udhiya. So what's the point of slaughtering the baby since mother is considered defective and needs to care for her baby?.

Well, it is fiqh issue of certain people. It is not binding. Spare the baby and let it grow. There are other options. These ahadith seem to refute slaughtering baby animal for "sacrifice" (eran ileya) al-Bukhaari (5556) and Muslim (1961)
I believe the rules of Islam are fair and just. And I believe there has to be a proper explanation for this.
Islamic morals supercedes every other cultures'. So I find it surprising that it's permissible to kill a premature baby animal for consumption that ordinarily most customs would despise. Allahu a'alam
Re: Eid: What You Need To Know About Udhiya (slaughtering Animals For Allah) by Empiree: 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
udatso:

I believe the rules of Islam are fair and just. And I believe there has to be a proper explanation for this.
Islamic morals supercedes every other cultures'. So I find it surprising that it's permissible to kill a premature baby animal for consumption that ordinarily most customs would despise. Allahu a'alam
Yup. Actually in many Western supermarkets, they do have young beef meat. But consumers generally dont care bcus they dont witness slaughterings. I have worked with many White folks who buy baby beef. Dont mind so called animal right activities. Besides, it is just ruling. I general detest eating any baby animal especially if i am a witness to their slaughterings.

Fact remains that baby animals especially newborns are not eligible for Qurbani

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Allah Was Mutaleb Worshipping As An Idolater? / Words On Marble / The Temptation Of The Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.