Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Get New Business Ideas On This Thread - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Get New Business Ideas On This Thread (6806 Views)

TUTORIAL: How To Get New Google Adsense In 3 Weeks With Free Blog / Easy Selling Ideas On Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin And Other Social Platforms / How To Get The Perfect Startup Business Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
My BusinessDiary Thread

Mostly gonna be picture thread, pictures of everything beautiful! I hope you can grab one idea or two of business you can start with little capital.

Happy Viewing kiss
Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
Note: Most pictures will be extracted from my favorite online shopping mall
Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
For tailors who will want to try stuff other than the usual ankara and gele. Here is a luggage box cover

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Luggage boxes come in standard sizes and shapes. So making a cover for the luggage boxes shouldn't be a problem. Go to the market and select beautiful and suitable materials. Sew and sell. It doesn't require huge capital

Advantages.
1. It makes the luggage easily identifiable.
2. Prevents scrathes and dust during travel.
3. Gives and extra level of protection for the travellers belongings.
4. Makes travelling funky.

Other designs in pics attached below.

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
Sleeping Masks

Have you ever been awakened by someone who sneaks into your room, puts on the light to take something? And then you find it difficult falling back to sleep?

Or you need a quick nap at the office but the light is too bright? Or you are on a long-distance journey and you just can't fall asleep?

Truth is that most of us need this small piece of cloth cut creatively to make sleep deeper and more peaceful.

On flights, airline companies give to the passengers on First and Business class cabins, but hardly on Economy except for long distance flights where you may first need to ask, before you'll be given! So air travellers need this a lot too. You can start small, and grow into becoming a major distributor to airline companies.

Also you can aim selling to hotels. Convince the hotel managers to add it as part of their hospitality gestures towards hosting their guests. At least something different from taking cakes and small chops to them.

You can do it!

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
More pictures

Even though big companies can add several orishirishis, massage kini, frost packs etc, the basic technique remains the same. I use the simple ones and it still serves the same puropse.

Create your own designs. Market your products.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
Simple, easy to use and cheap

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
You can go into Home Decorations Business with a touch of class.

Will be uploading pics as I see more beautiful little stuffs
Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
Balcony Hangers for those who do not like to go up and down the stairs

3 Likes

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 1:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
Make decoratioms for toilet seats

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 1:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
You can sew beautiful decorative parterns for light sockets and switches. Sell to homes, offices, hotels etc smiley
Not capital intensive, you know right?

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
More pics

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
The switch and socket decorations can be made with silicon too. So that they are washable, foldable, more dorable and of course more parterns wink

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
You can also carve beautiful designs on ceramics, just like tiles. More luxury, bigger customers

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 4:55am On Aug 26, 2017
Cover for standing fan.
1. You don't have to unbundle the fan to clean it.
2. Reduces noise.
3. Reduces direct effects such as chocking, coughing or eye discomfort.

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 4:59am On Aug 26, 2017
Two types of fan covers.
1. Air-through
2. Non air-through.
Both serve different purposes. With great designs, you can make great sales

Stop staying idle at home. Start a business today.

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 26, 2017
p

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 5:20am On Aug 26, 2017
tooltip:
Nice one flyca....i have been up all night thinking of new businesses
You are welcome. For more ideas stay tunned! kiss
Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 5:20am On Aug 26, 2017
Washing machine covers
You can start making water-proof washing machine covers for washing machines in the bathroom area to prevent water from damaging the machines.

Or make beautiful asthetic designs for the ones in the laundry area or busy areas in the house to prevent dust and scratches.

Sample designs in the pictures attached below

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 5:22am On Aug 26, 2017
More sample pictures for washing machine cover

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 5:23am On Aug 26, 2017
More on Home Decorations
You can decide to make covers for home sofas, tables, chairs and other appliances.

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 5:24am On Aug 26, 2017
Chair pads

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 10:01am On Aug 26, 2017
Covers for washing machines, tables, microwaves.
Aim at doing something creative, something different.

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dear Diary, I didn't forget you. I've been busy lately. And maybe for a couple of days more.

But I'm still very much into you. I hope to have time to make more ideas known through you tomorrow smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
New Updates
Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by jefy(m): 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2017
Nice work

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by sammylee002(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
nice work @ flyca ...... keep it up ....

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 2:42am On Sep 01, 2017
Business Website

Create a business website, a platform where people with ingenious lines of trade can register and advertise their business. Also, you can source for people making beautiful stuffs all over the country, and convince them that to have a wider outreach and more customers,
they need to advertise on your platform.

Take an instance - Aba tailors are good but because their business reach is small (Most of their custormers are within Abia State), so people in Enugu might not able to reach them, take less of Lagosians. I have once travelled from Nsukka to Aba to take measurements. And travelled back to pick my clothes.

So I imagine that if there is an online forum where I can look at different tailors showcase their designs in different pictures, with price tags, and I can contact with them online, I definitely will not choose to travel that far twice to make my clothes.

Now this is not only about Aba tailors or about clothes. Nigeria is blessed with many ingenious people who have skills, creating nice stuffs. But they are in their little corners and largely unheard. So you can reach out to them and make them showcase their brands on your platform.

Think of creating a link between sellers and buyers who are many miles apart.

How can you make money from this:
My suggestion is this. Once a customer places an order for the goods, he/she pays the full amount into website's account. Then the trader makes the goods and sends (either by courier delivery or by hand delivery). Once the transaction is complete, you pay the trader his/her money. And take your percenatge cut. Say 2% or so wink

Look, going into this business or any other for that matter shouldn't be an impromptu decision. It takes months or years of careful thinking ans planning. This is just a rough sketch of a plan that you can grow. The other intigritis, you have to figure it out by yourself. Remember that you have an integrity to keep if you wanna make clean money with peace of mind. And also last long in business.

As an aside... my first name thoughts went to "custommade.com", "madeforyou.com" cheesy But choose whatever name you like. And remember to advertise your website strongly!

Good luck!
I will continue to showcase other designs of business you can start with little setup capital.

1 Like

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 2:43am On Sep 01, 2017
Packaging
The old saying, "if you wanna add more value to a gift, package it well", remember?

Gifts look better when packaged well. Even a simple 1K OK bedsheet for your friend will be more appreciated if well presented. Simple candies put in a nice gift box and sent to colleague's kids can go a long way. Jewelries for your spouse well packaged and viola!

We all need these simple stuffs but many a times, they aren't within our reach.

So you can grow the in the industry packaging, presenting simple stuffs in a "wow" way. Lol.
Your new line of business just need to be heard. So make it and market it!

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 2:44am On Sep 01, 2017
Gift boxes can come in different patterns, different sizes, different designs and of course different colors. Its a big thing!

Because its your handwork, for a little more cash, you can also customize according to the buyer's specifications wink

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 2:49am On Sep 01, 2017
The more creative you are, the better.

Re: Get New Business Ideas On This Thread by flyca: 2:49am On Sep 01, 2017
End of page 1.

I need you to be encouraged to start a business with little capital and excel at it! No matter how little. It is better than staying idle at home. Stay-at-home mums can also use their handcrafts to bring an extra invome to the family.

With internet access, your products can be heard of thousand of miles away from you, so you have a broader outreach to customers. That's your advantage of being in the 21st century. So use it!

I wish you the best!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Become An Irokotv Dealer Today And Earn Big!!! / How To Export Charcoal? / How Can I Get A Loan Using My Bsc/nysc Certificate As Collateral.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.