Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Rise In Divorce: Is Love Becoming Extinct? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rise In Divorce: Is Love Becoming Extinct? (434 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rise In Divorce: Is Love Becoming Extinct? by OrdercityWeb: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
I am quite sure it's not news anymore of the divorce epidemic that is ravaging marriages in this century. The movies and ads we see on TV show us a perfect situation with all the mushy-mushy an :od perfect ending scenario, but reality of marriages today slaps us back to our senses.
Even lawyers who are directly involved in the divorce process are crying out at the unprecedented upsurge in divorce rate. See what vanguard posted some months back; (https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/lawyers-decry-high-rate-divorce/ )

What could be responsible for this?

Well i think we should look at the basis of any relationship which is Love It's only logical to admit that if the foundation of a structure is faulty then it's doomed to collapse as it's only a matter of time.

The word "love appears vague, what exactly is love in the context of marriage? We need to set that precedence first. I believe love is subjective and if we are all asked to define it we will all have different definitions.
But to make it easier I'll define love in my own view in three words; "committment, sacrifice, Trust
You could also define love with three words of your own. Done that?
Now let's now juxtapose this 'our three words' with what is happening in the society today and ask yourself sincerely of how often you see the display of those 3 words. The divorce rates speak for themselves right?
Now, I'm not against divorce for the right reasons but how can people divorce these days because of toothpaste? That's funny.
Even most relationships don't last more than 6 months nowadays, we are seeing an unprecedented display of distrust, lack of commitment and absence of sacrifice in relationships today. Partners cheat without remorse, what am i saying even married couples now cheat without remorse.

Thanks for reading to this point, I'm not making a general conclusion. This is my perspective, what do you think? Have you experienced love or have you shown it?
Look at most relationships/marriages around you and answer the pernitent question: is love becoming extinct?

Ps: Remember love in the context of relationship/marriage

Re: Rise In Divorce: Is Love Becoming Extinct? by OrdercityWeb: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Elegant Interior Decoration / Phone Passwords In Stages Of Relationship / 4 Interesting Things African Parents Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.