Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot (65992 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / Lottery Winner Transfers Millions To Mum So His Wife Won't Get Share In Divorce / Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by AImiron: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2023
A North Carolina divorcee set her wedding dress — and the internet — on fire during a controversial TikTok video that’s brought her plenty of heat.

Mom of two Lauren Brooke, who asked The Post to use her middle name but not her surname out of “concerns” for her family’s safety, attracted 6 millions viewers — and plenty of critics — to her March 26 video

"I’ve been called a narcissist and attention-seeking, and people are saying I was the problem,” Brooke said. “The photo shoot wasn’t celebrating the divorce itself – it was celebrating the fact that I survived it."

Brooke, 31, fell in love with her future husband when the two attended the same Baptist church growing up.
The young couple tied the knot in October 2012.
But the marriage deteriorated – in part because of the demands of her unnamed hubby’s job in the Army National Guard

“It can be difficult to be a military wife…The pressures from his job put a strain on the marriage,” she lamented

In North Carolina, a couple must be legally separated for a year and a day before they can get a divorce. After nine years of rocky matrimony, in September 2021, a fed-up Brooke filed separation papers, but still hoped to work things out.

The year was “an emotional rollercoaster” and ended with the divorce being finalized in January

Brooke decided to turn a new leaf – by burning up the remnants of her failed marriage — and even bringing her new beau along for the spectacle.

With her professional photographer mom behind the camera, Brooke lit her wedding dress on fire

What else was I going to do with my wedding dress? It couldn’t be returned and I wouldn’t want to give it to my daughter – not after the way it ended. So why not burn it?” Brooke explained.

Wearing high heels, she also stomped on photos of her and her ex in happier times.

“It was great to see her laughing — the year had been extremely difficult with so many emotions trying to navigate a new normal,” her mom Felicia said.

But Brooke isn’t rushing back to the altar any time soon.

" I honestly don’t know that I’ll ever get married again,” Brooke said. “I’m just at a place where I’m happy, I’m content and I’m no longer sad or heartbroken. I’m focusing on me, my kids and my current relationship.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/04/15/nc-woman-roasts-wedding-dress-in-savage-divorce-photoshoot/amp/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by AImiron: 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2023
Women will have photo shoots for literally anything.

520 Likes 43 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by Righteousness2(m): 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2023
Precious Daddy show mercy on this generation.

197 Likes 13 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by Flora2Sweet: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2023
Love her Boobs tongue

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by Ihateheadslamer: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2023
Vaseline crew spotted tongue
Flora2Sweet:
Love her Boobs tongue

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2023
If this doesn't hit FP I will upload my curved big dicck here angry

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by lilvicky68(m): 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2023
Oh! Streets, here she comes

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by shegzhkn: 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2023
Some folks will come here to comment as usual, meanwhile the only thing keeping marriage together in their society is extreme poverty.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by MaKtmass: 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
Anything to trend , I guess

7 Likes

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by Monumenterr(m): 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
American women and their wahaluur

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by Kokoboss: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
Tor, enjoy yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by TemplarLandry: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
Demonic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
Different day, different news, different dramas

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by SafariHunter(m): 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
E pain someone Sha

You supposed know who

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by ipobarecriminals: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
sad madness get CLASS/LEVEL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by unzend: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
So unfortunate

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by paranorman(m): 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
Pathetic... Just pathetic...

1 Like

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by iHateFraudsters: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
E pain am

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by CartelKenneth: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
End time woman

7 Likes

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by incogni2o: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
Quiet unfortunate ,
Her Mum is likely a divorcee too

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by abidem4real: 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2023

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by newnigerdelta00: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2023

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by Imstrong2(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
Hakimi is my man of the year !!
when he told his wife she is everything he has, she thought he was joking grin grin grin

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by babaaelino92(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
New Thread for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by obinna58(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
She’s probably trying to rob the man only to find out his properties are not registered in his name

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by eepeepook: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
Pointless news. Divorces are as common as farts in the US.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Woman Sets Her Wedding Dress Ablaze In Divorce Photoshoot by obajoey(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2023
Prob

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Lost Interest In Having Sex & It's Affecting My Wife / I Am Not Getting Attracted To Her Sexually / Lady Caught Her Husband Masturbating After 6 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.