Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 (12619 Views)

Top 10 Most Educated Countries In The World - 2023 (Photos) / The Most Educated States In Nigeria – Top 10 / Top 10 Most Educated States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by ozimec(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2017
The most educated state in Nigeria - Top 5

Education is key to the development of any society. In Nigeria today, the level of education across the country is not the same. See the most educated states in Nigeria. Find out if your state is among them.

There are thirty-six states and the Federal Capital Territory in Nigeria. The level of education across all the thirty-six states is not the same. Education and the level of literacy in the northern states are still below the acceptable level for this 21st century.

States in the southern part of Nigeria are more educated. There are more standard schools and higher institutions in some of these states. The literacy level i.e. the number of people who can read and write especially women is also higher in the southern states.

Some of these states have also produced most of the scholars and professors in Nigeria today. According to these criteria and based on National University Commission statistics, we believe these are the top 5 most educated states in Nigeria:

Imo
Delta
Anambra
Osun
Ogun

You might not totally agree with this ranking but these are just our views based on statistical data.

These states we believe are sure among the most educated. We hope that very soon the list will include more Nigerian states as a result of the growth of the education level in the country. We always believe in better.

https://www.naij.com/amp/1121236-the-educated-state-nigeria-top-5.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by madridguy(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2017
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by pizzylee(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2017
there is weed in ur head

10 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by shamack: 8:30am On Aug 26, 2017
Funny list

2 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by midashenry(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2017
undecided
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by alegbeleye(m): 8:38am On Aug 26, 2017
Fingered brain at work

2 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by OkuFaba(m): 8:42am On Aug 26, 2017
Well i know Imo would be among top 3. Every family in that state have at least 3 graduate. Then a prof in every extended family.

The only investment in Imo State is Hotels and Education

6 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by pally212(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2017
anambra no follow

2 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by baylord101(m): 8:53am On Aug 26, 2017
Mr Op stop taking warri weed Biko, where is Ekiti state?

19 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by GODSMILEFOREVER: 9:26am On Aug 26, 2017
Without Edo state the list is not complete.

5 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by oliidell(m): 9:33am On Aug 26, 2017
Ekiti

3 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by AlanTuringAI: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2017
ozimec:

Education is key to the development of any society. In Nigeria today, the level of education across the country is not the same. See the most educated states in Nigeria. Find out if your state is among them.

There are thirty-six states and the Federal Capital Territory in Nigeria. The level of education across all the thirty-six states is not the same. Education and the level of literacy in the northern states are still below the acceptable level for this 21st century.

States in the southern part of Nigeria are more educated. There are more standard schools and higher institutions in some of these states. The literacy level i.e. the number of people who can read and write especially women is also higher in the southern states.

Some of these states have also produced most of the scholars and professors in Nigeria today. According to these criteria and based on National University Commission statistics, we believe these are the top 5 most educated states in Nigeria:

Imo
Delta
Anambra
Osun
Ogun

You might not totally agree with this ranking but these are just our views based on statistical data.

These states we believe are sure among the most educated. We hope that very soon the list will include more Nigerian states as a result of the growth of the education level in the country. We always believe in better.

Rubbish. In the South West alone, Osun should be ranked the least perhaps alongside indigenous Lagos.Putting Osun ahead of the likes of Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti just shows how flawed this your rating is.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by muller101(m): 10:09am On Aug 26, 2017
Op u need Deliverance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by babyfaceafrica: 10:21am On Aug 26, 2017
Joblessness at its peak
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by supereagle(m): 10:22am On Aug 26, 2017
oliidell:
Ekiti
The fountain of knowledge. Rubbish list.

6 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2017
I know IMO will be there.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by kingsley9505(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2017
I expected ekiti to be the first on the list. I was disappointed that op didn't even mention it.

7 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2017
Onwere ezigbo ihe aga achotali n'ala ndi Hausa? na question I ask o
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by hilaryitobore(m): 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
Where Edo state dae
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by CornelG(m): 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
What about katsina, Borno and even Yobe maself. Indeed you swallow marijuana, pls repent and change before i used this on you

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by byemx06(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
ozimec:

Imo
Delta
Anambra
Osun
Ogun

where is ekiti
delta I piss champagne.......

4 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by patola080(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
muller101:
Op u need Deliverance
lol
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by patola080(m): 12:57pm On Aug 26, 2017
kingsley9505:
I expected ekiti to be the first on the list. I was disappointed that op didn't even mention it.
ekiti state n ondo shuld b dia but too much hard drugs dis is wot it cause

4 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by DONADAMS(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
this one no follow at all
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by raslim20(m): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
Op, your list is so wrong, Ekiti state should be the first on the list, besides do you know they have the highest number of professors across the nation,

3 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by SOLMICHAEL(m): 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
If Ekiti state is not on that list, then it is not complete.

1 Like

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by Mbkite(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
kingsley9505:
He said most educated not people with highest university degree certificate.....
what am I even saying?
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by UfuomaUN(m): 2:58pm On Aug 26, 2017
List said state with highest literacy level not highest professors! I don't even know who started the Ekiti state myth selfgrin

my Delta represents

2 Likes

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by cstr1000: 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
kingsley9505:
Bullshitt.
That is old story.
According to the NUC,there are more professors of Imo origin than ekiti in 2017.
Ondo state comes next followed by Anambra and then Ekiti. That is according to the NUC statistics

https://www.nairaland.com/1400801/imo-state-highest-number-professors
http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2547&title=Igbo-scholar-disgraces-Femi-Fani-Kayode-

1 Like

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by cstr1000: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mbkite:

He said most educated not people with highest university degree certificate.....
what am I even saying?
Even in both criteria, Ekiti is no longer the fountain of knowledge. Not even in the SW.
Ondo trumps them.
Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by Samabu07(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
Where's Ekiti?

1 Like

Re: The Most Educated State In Nigeria - Top 5 by Fidelismaria: 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2017
grin
hmmm
shouldn't Enugu come b4 anambra
Enugu people dey read wella
make those wey dey shout ekiti go Sidon
ekiti has bin overthrown so make una fvck off

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Uniben New Admitted Student, Meet A Final Year Student Of Uniben / Yabatech Admission List Is Out - Pre-registration Begins 1st Dec / Nairaland Interschool Debate Third Edition Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.