Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Sir Elton John Says Jesus Was Super-intelligent Gay Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sir Elton John Says Jesus Was Super-intelligent Gay Man (718 Views)

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John / "If Jesus Was Alive Today He Would Support Gay Marriage" - Sir Elton John / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sir Elton John Says Jesus Was Super-intelligent Gay Man by iceland(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2010
Sir Elton John has claimed Jesus was a "super-intelligent gay man" in an interview with a US magazine.

The singer also told Parade Jesus was "compassionate", forgiving and "understood human problems".

A spokesman for the Church of England said: "Sir Elton's reflection that Jesus calls us all to love and forgive is one shared by all Christians."

"But insights into aspects of the historic person of Jesus are perhaps best left to the academics," he added.

Sir Elton said in the interview: "On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving.

"I don't know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East - you're as good as dead," he added.

In the interview, the singer also said he did not like being a celebrity any more because "fame attracts lunatics".

"Princess Diana, Gianni Versace, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, all dead. Two of them shot outside their houses. None of this would have happened if they hadn't been famous. I never had a bodyguard, ever, until Gianni died," he said.

The full interview will be published on Parade's website on Friday, news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8523538.stm
Re: Sir Elton John Says Jesus Was Super-intelligent Gay Man by iceland(m): 7:37am On Feb 20, 2010
I still do not understand why a lot people like to drag Jesus name in the mud for there inconsistence indulgence. Why not Buddha or Mohamed why Jesus? well God is patient. If I were him I would have struck this Elton john with leprosy.
Re: Sir Elton John Says Jesus Was Super-intelligent Gay Man by saharachic(f): 9:37am On Feb 20, 2010
very stupid topic
Re: Sir Elton John Says Jesus Was Super-intelligent Gay Man by bee444: 5:08am On Feb 21, 2010
@poster

You're just too pathetic! Why the title before his name? You call Jesus with all your mouth without putting Lord or any other deserved title, while you put 'sir' for someone of Elton John's ridiculous character.

(1) (Reply)

How Not 2 Pray!: / Should Men Of God Live In Opulence? / The Blessing Of Tithing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.