Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris (17953 Views)

Bandits Attack Kaduna Airport, Stop A Lagos-Bound Aircraft. Kill One / Nigeria Issues New Travel Protocol For China, US, Europe-bound Passengers / β€˜1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana β€” After Four Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by yomalex(m): 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
na wa o
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by DrMuzungu(m): 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
Eke40seven:
If you are a Nigerian and you find yourself going through the Paris, then you are in for it. If you don't speak French, triple punishment.
They will treat you like you have Ebola. They believe every black person should automatically speak French and even find it insulting if you don't. They speak and understand English but will never speak to you, they will subject you to a series of embarrassing questions and checks. Even though they are just the transit route to your destination.
The problem here might not be related to my rant above but I won't be surprised if they don't even send apologies for this situation.

My friend... it has always been like that with French or Turkish Airlines. I am not a Nigerian citizen (I travel with one of European passports). And yet, back in 2003 I had to sleep over at CDG because the mumu agent who was booking my ticket Nigeria-Europe-Nigeria did not realise that there is only like 10 minutes between my landing in Paris (on my way from my home country to Nigeria via Paris) and the departure of my flight to Nigeria which was not enough time to change flights. Only one nice lady at the airport (staff!) directed me to terminal B which was the only terminal open during the night, for people stranded like me, so I have spent the night there along with a bunch of Russians (which was fine, at least someone to talk to). It wasn't directly the fault of Air France. However, if not for the nice (French) lady who told me where to go I would keep wandering around till morning.

On another occasion, I came to France by car for some business... Try to order your meal if you don't speak French, hahahahaha. of course there are some nice people in France. But, unless you meet someone you personally know, most likely they will refuse to help unless you speak their language. I have never experienced that sort of attitude in Germany of Netherlands. Not ONCE!!!

And that is why I will use Air France only as the last solution. To me, it goes in this particular order (if I can afford the ticket, that is):

1. Lufthansa
2. Turkish Airlines
3. all other airlines going my way
10. Air France

And mark my words, whatever the reason is for this delayed/cancelled flight, they will not do a thing to help the stranded passengers. Germans, at least, would provide makeshift beds, some water and some basic food, for those who can't go out of the airport.

Oh, anyway, according to some EU regulations, if the flight originates from the EU, or has the final destination in the EU, it IS subjected to laws and regulations related to cancelled or delayed flights. I advice ALL passengers on that flight to file a class action lawsuit against Air France if they don't do anything about it.

3 Likes

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by otokx(m): 9:47pm On Aug 26, 2017
why are they saying no filming?
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Kingbuhari(m): 9:51pm On Aug 26, 2017
they were opportune to visit those beautiful places what of we that have never travel beyond sokoto or see aeroplane one on one , so you are tell us to go fry buhari eggplant
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by kpolli(m): 10:15pm On Aug 26, 2017
josephine123:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-dE4Ud0cHzz0/WaEwlWKcTyI/AAAAAAAAfek/1NuAVRe4as4-bq0rDk4UKuS0LGAztHLkgCLcBGAs/s640/21041308_1948836025330282_4748918611605716992_n.jpg[/img]

And that is how Air France that was meant to depart Paris for Lagos since about 9:00am today hasn't taken off till now and passengers (even business class passengers) are left to sleep at the airport lounge, including women and children.

A particular lady with her children coming from Toronto arrived since 7:00am to connect to lagos. She has since been stranded at the airport with her children...no food, no hotel accommodation! Air France only provided vouchers for pastries and snacks and the children do not eat those so they have been eating only Bananas.

These passengers bought these tickets with hard earned monies. And it's not even cheap! Why should these airlines treat our citizens like this Even when they know our country is one of their most lucrative routes . What is so difficult in getting hotel accommodation for these passengers, especially the women and children Mothers are weeping at Charles de Gaulle airport. It is so heartbreaking.

I hope this situation is addressed and all those affected get due compensation . Sad!
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ojfFGEuZrpA/WaEwlm7GC4I/AAAAAAAAfeo/i0GwSz5e7XQpr_4jc3dRQaVnGdaKR-j0QCLcBGAs/s640/cats%2B11-tile.jpg[/img]

WATCH THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9OmUi2BAM

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/08/air-france-leaves-lagos-bound.html

No be so Air France employees in Paris opened my bags and took my property and made me pay $100 to get it back.

Bad airline
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Electroweb(m): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2017
...that airline is somehow.

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by InvertedHammer: 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
scooby12:
This is unacceptable..
Those passengers must collect compensation.

And I was just about to buy airfrance ticket to lagos undecided

The way this yeye oyinbo people dey treat black people sef no be am.. Thunder fire them!

Compensation? Companies get away with what they can. It takes government actions to bring them to book which is why they will accommodate and pamper US, Canadian, Australian, UK citizens but will not give a damn about the citizens of inconsequential nations because there are no consequences.

\

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by petitejolie(f): 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
why are they even in a hurry to come here sef. no light for naija o nd ritualist on rampage plus kidnapping. pls take ur time.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by petitejolie(f): 11:24pm On Aug 26, 2017
why are they even in a hurry to come here sef. no light for naija o nd ritualist on rampage plus kidnapping. pls take ur time. They shud av lodged dem in a hotel na.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by eaglechild: 11:28pm On Aug 26, 2017
DrMuzungu:

My friend... it has always been like that with French or Turkish Airlines. I am not a Nigerian citizen (I travel with one of European passports). And yet, back in 2003 I had to sleep over at CDG because the mumu agent who was booking my ticket Nigeria-Europe-Nigeria did not realise that there is only like 10 minutes between my landing in Paris (on my way from my home country to Nigeria via Paris) and the departure of my flight to Nigeria which was not enough time to change flights. Only one nice lady at the airport (staff!) directed me to terminal B which was the only terminal open during the night, for people stranded like me, so I have spent the night there along with a bunch of Russians (which was fine, at least someone to talk to). It wasn't directly the fault of Air France. However, if not for the nice (French) lady who told me where to go I would keep wandering around till morning.

On another occasion, I came to France by car for some business... Try to order your meal if you don't speak French, hahahahaha. of course there are some nice people in France. But, unless you meet someone you personally know, most likely they will refuse to help unless you speak their language. I have never experienced that sort of attitude in Germany of Netherlands. Not ONCE!!!

And that is why I will use Air France only as the last solution. To me, it goes in this particular order (if I can afford the ticket, that is):

1. Lufthansa
2. Turkish Airlines
3. all other airlines going my way
10. Air France

And mark my words, whatever the reason is for this delayed/cancelled flight, they will not do a thing to help the stranded passengers. Germans, at least, would provide makeshift beds, some water and some basic food, for those who can't go out of the airport.

Oh, anyway, according to some EU regulations, if the flight originates from the EU, or has the final destination in the EU, it IS subjected to laws and regulations related to cancelled or delayed flights. I advice ALL passengers on that flight to file a class action lawsuit against Air France if they don't do anything about it.
I wonder where you visited in France but I must say that it is very unfair to expect every French person you come across to understand English. Britain and France are the main colonialists in Europe and their citizens are the ones least likely to learn other languages for obvious reasons.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by jamjo: 12:41am On Aug 27, 2017
josephine123:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-dE4Ud0cHzz0/WaEwlWKcTyI/AAAAAAAAfek/1NuAVRe4as4-bq0rDk4UKuS0LGAztHLkgCLcBGAs/s640/21041308_1948836025330282_4748918611605716992_n.jpg[/img]

And that is how Air France that was meant to depart Paris for Lagos since about 9:00am today hasn't taken off till now and passengers (even business class passengers) are left to sleep at the airport lounge, including women and children.

A particular lady with her children coming from Toronto arrived since 7:00am to connect to lagos. She has since been stranded at the airport with her children...no food, no hotel accommodation! Air France only provided vouchers for pastries and snacks and the children do not eat those so they have been eating only Bananas.

These passengers bought these tickets with hard earned monies. And it's not even cheap! Why should these airlines treat our citizens like this Even when they know our country is one of their most lucrative routes . What is so difficult in getting hotel accommodation for these passengers, especially the women and children Mothers are weeping at Charles de Gaulle airport. It is so heartbreaking.

I hope this situation is addressed and all those affected get due compensation . Sad!
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ojfFGEuZrpA/WaEwlm7GC4I/AAAAAAAAfeo/i0GwSz5e7XQpr_4jc3dRQaVnGdaKR-j0QCLcBGAs/s640/cats%2B11-tile.jpg[/img]

WATCH THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9OmUi2BAM

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2017/08/air-france-leaves-lagos-bound.html

When your own country treat her citizens like a pig what do you think others will do.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by mike4real2(m): 1:20am On Aug 27, 2017
Qu'est-ce que vous avez dit
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by doe: 7:10am On Aug 27, 2017
This is normal for Air France. They only provide hotel accommodation for those with European passport or valid entry visa to Paris.
If not, you are sleeping in the airport. It’s been the norm for years
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Pontaboki: 7:22am On Aug 27, 2017
I heard some Afonja voices at the end.Are you sure it's not Ewedu and Amala that they are demanding?

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by seangy4konji: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2017
One of the most irritating useless and carefree people on heart are the French guys. If you find your self even going through their airport Just prepare your self mentally.

They will purposely be speaking French?interogatting you,checking your visa as if you went to print it from goggle. Very rude people. Even pregnant women have no special treatment.

They are one of the scums on earth apart from Nigerian leaders.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Eke40seven(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2017
claremont:

This isn't true. Paris is a popular tourist destination for people of all colours, french people living in Paris are used to tourists and are very hospitable. Plus, there are a lot of french people from mixed backgrounds including African backgrounds. A Nigerian tourist going to Paris will be treated just like every other tourist from all over the world. My experience of the French when I visited Paris is different from yours, it felt just like every other major cosmopolitan city.

The EU law prescribes compensation for delayed flights emanating to or from an EU country, these Nigerians are entitled to receive it. It's there in the law and there is no debate over it.

Are you making assumptions or out of experience? The immigration officers and workers at the airport are mostly of french speaking African descents and some French natives them selves. Ask any Nigerian living in Europe who doesn't speak French going through Paris, they will explain better.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by claremont(m): 9:42am On Aug 27, 2017
Eke40seven:
Are you making assumptions or out of experience? The immigration officers and workers at the airport are mostly of french speaking African descents and some French natives them selves. Ask any Nigerian living in Europe who doesn't speak French going through Paris, they will explain better.

Out of experience, and I live in Europe.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Eke40seven(m): 9:57am On Aug 27, 2017
claremont:

Out of experience, and I live in Europe.
Then try Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris As a transit to another country that is not Nigeria with your Nigerian passport.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by chiron(m): 12:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
Jaqenhghar:
You think this is bad? Maybe you need to see how Nigerian airlines treat Nigerian passengers.

Thank you.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Electroweb(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
seangy4konji:
One of the most irritating useless and carefree people on heart are the French guys. If you find your self even going through their airport Just prepare your self mentally.

They will purposely be speaking French?interogatting you,checking your visa as if you went to print it from goggle. Very rude people. Even pregnant women have no special treatment.

They are one of the scums on earth apart from Nigerian leaders.

So true. I experienced this in 2010 at Charles De Gaule airport. Immediately I exited the plane, someone was checking passport. The way they went through my passport and visa! It was so embarrassing for me. It was as if I sneaked into the plane from Nigeria. I dont like transiting there. If you make a mistake like missing your boaring gate you will know they are insulting you from the way they are speaking french to you.

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 28, 2017
Air France is the worst airline ever, their meals give food poisoning, and the crew staff are so racist and rude. No body should ever use Airfrance ever.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 28, 2017
petitejolie:
why are they even in a hurry to come here sef. no light for naija o nd ritualist on rampage plus kidnapping. pls take ur time. They shud av lodged dem in a hotel na.

Because Naija sweet pass.

1 Like

Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 28, 2017
Well, my experience is mine own.

I love Air France, so much so that I specifically seek them to fly. They fly the A380 from Paris to Los Angeles and I just love that aircraft.

I've never experienced any bad customer service with them.

The way I handle delay is to remain calm and collected. If the worst thing that can happen is a delay then I would be grateful because lots could be worse on an entity that is about to transport me at 35,000 feet and at ~500mph.
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by petitejolie(f): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Because Naija sweet pass.
yea right
Re: Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris by DrMuzungu(m): 8:25am On Sep 04, 2017
eaglechild:

I wonder where you visited in France but I must say that it is very unfair to expect every French person you come across to understand English. Britain and France are the main colonialists in Europe and their citizens are the ones least likely to learn other languages for obvious reasons.

Grenoble area, but also Toulouse etc. Same negative attitude toward English language. It's simple bad fir (their) business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years / Track Laying Work On The Kaduna-Kano Railway / Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.