Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Mayweather VS Mcgregor: 7 Reasons Why I Think You Should Watch It - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mayweather VS Mcgregor: 7 Reasons Why I Think You Should Watch It (295 Views)

McGregor Vs Mayweather, T-Mobile Arena, The 20,000 Capacity Venue(Photos) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mayweather VS Mcgregor: 7 Reasons Why I Think You Should Watch It by toys2seven(m): 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
As much as I know, even though I might not know much, no boxing match has stirred more controversy than today’s match between Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr and Connor “Notorious” McGregor aka "THE MONEY FIGHT". I’ll try to watch this fight, and I think if you can, you should watch it too. Let me tell you why.

This fight features Floyd Mayweather, a professional undefeated boxing mastermind over the course of 49 boxing matches, against someone who’ll be making his professional boxing debut, coming from boxing’s more brutal “cousin” – UFC. But before you hiss and ask what he was thinking when he decided to step into the boxing ring with Mayweather, let me give you a hint.

If fights are won by polls, we can all just declare Connor the winner already, as he’s presently leading Mayweather on Google Polls, 44% – 56% from about 200,000 votes and sports bookers claim a large percentage of people are putting their money on Connor (crazy right?). So what makes this fight interesting after all these?... More like why do I think you should watch it?

1. History
For decades to come, people will make reference to this fight and tell their (grand) children “I remember in 2017 when a guy without any boxing experience stepped into the ring with an undefeated boxing champion. You should’ve seen it. It was epic and then they’ll use the result of the fight to conclude the rest of the talk. This is not just a fight, this is history in the making.

2. Morale Boosting
If you ever think Connor “Notorious” McGregor is insane for accepting this challenge, you’re not alone. But what you can boost your morale with is the fact that in life, you have to recognize that sometimes, when you lose, you still win. If Usain Bolt decides to play tennis against Rafael Nadal and loses, the fact that he played alone is a win in a loss. You get?

3. Challenge Yourself
A lot of people think Connor would win this fight and I guess it’s simply because he accepted to fight in the first place. If he goes on to win, then you have one more reason to ask yourself what you mean by “I’m not sure I can do this” whenever you want to embark on a new challenge. Watch the fight with mindset of challenging yourself.

4. Life Lessons
I’m not much of a boxing fan (I’ll rather watch F1 or even Long Jump), but I watch it from time to time. One thing I that intrigues me is the life lessons I draw out from boxing. One important lesson I’ve learnt from boxing is that sometimes to beat your opponent (competition), you have to think like them, understand them, and (literally) beat them (thanks to Mohammed Ali).

Continue Here: http://www.maturemindstalk.com/2017/08/why-i-think-you-should-watch-money-fight.html

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Defeats Conor Mcgregor In 10th Round T.K.O / Highlight Manchester City Vs Crystal Palace 5:0 / Dally M Medal, Awards 2017: Time, Date, Cameron Smith, Favourite, Odds – Ultimat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.