Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya (22956 Views)

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) / Surprising Ways To Enjoy Nigerian Jollof Rice / Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by purples25(f): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2017
santicruz:
Parboil ur rice almost done so that when u pour the sauce ur rice might boil just less than 10 minutes and ur rice is done and dried,use small water

Very nice advice ! Gave me an understanding of why the water gets thick and the bottom would already be burning. I'll be using this new method now, just like I changed my spaghetti cooking method !

1 Like

Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by Josh44s(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2017
Nobody in this world can win me when it comes to cooking jollof rice.

1 Like

Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by rsalami(f): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2017
shamack:
Jollof rice wey no burn for under no dey sweet,,,,,,,shoutout to my ppl, that will leave the main rice n fight for the burnt pot, with the flat iron spoon to the right hand n the pot to the left, head buried to the pot,,,,,,,,,you will dig n dig till mama shout,,,plsssss dont spoil my pot
funny you
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by gmacnoms(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2017
dingbang:
But why is it that anytime I cook jollof rice, the water gets thick which makes it to burn under whereas the top still contains water...
we had somthin in common. I'v left You there cheesy
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by darlenese(f): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2017
dingbang:
But why is it that anytime I cook jollof rice, the water gets thick which makes it to burn under whereas the top still contains water...

reduce the heat, if u are using a gas with different sizes of burner, go for the smallest, like the said, u dnt boil it to get cook, instead u steam to give it the perfect taste.
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by dingbang(m): 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2017
gmacnoms:
we had somthin in common. I'v left You there cheesy
hahahhahaha.... Biko what is it we "had" in common grin
Carry me along oooo
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
OreoPaschal:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i can't eat noodles except its burnt. Whenever i go to the buka, i often order for the burnt part of their friend rice embarassed embarassed embarassed. My paddy always pick offence with that, i pray my future spouse understands. grin grin grin

Lmao... yours is on a real level, though. I leave my burnt preferences in my house. I never order burnt food, Lol, before Nigerian people serve me charred food. cheesy
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by Ameeria: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2017
Yes, the firewood always makes a different. I once cooked a nice party jollof for an actual party and I was so proud of myself. Ask me to replicate in the kitchen and wahala go burst.
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by MorningDew2017(f): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2017
nairalandbuzz:
Na lie!

To get the perfect jollof, use at least two different jollof spices...
my dear friend everybody with his or her own style of cooking jollof rice.
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by shilz(f): 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2017
Uwc
dingbang:
thanks shilz. I love your profile pix kiss
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by yetty247(f): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2017
What Do I Stand To Gain By Joining Happy World Meal Gate?
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL GET BY JOINING HAPPY WORLD MEAL GATE:

Membership benefits in HAPPY WORLD MEAL GATE are in stages.

At the point of registering with $32 (N6,500), your page will be created on our members website and you become a full member of the company. At the FOOD FARM STAGE, you can either register for 1 account, 3 accounts or 7 accounts (registering 7 accounts automatically takes you to the next stage which is STAGE 1).

Summary of your Earnings in Happy World Meal Gate....

A) FOOD FARM STAGE
When you register and introduce 6 people to register under your account, you will automatically move to STAGE ONE and get the following benefits:
Referral Bonus: $6.4
Level Bonus (LB):$38.4
Complete Stage: $16
Total: $54.4 (N10,880 naira)

NB: All payments at FARM STAGE are in FOOD ITEMS.

B) STAGE ONE:
When 14 persons come to meet you at STAGE ONE, you will get the following benefits and automatically move to STAGE TWO:
Level Bonus (LB):$224
Complete Stage (CS):$160
Total: $384 (N76,800 naira)
NB: All payments at this stage are in FOOD ITEMS. (Meaning the company will give you N76,800 naira worth of food stuff and not money at this stage)

C) STAGE TWO:
When 14 persons come to meet you at STAGE TWO, you will get the following benefits and automatically move to STAGE THREE:
Level Bonus (LB):$560
Complete Stage (CS):$360
Total: $920 (N184,000 naira)
Free food items worth $150 (N30,000 naira) for Seven (7) months. (This means that apart from the earnings above, the company will be visiting your address with food stuff worth N30,000 for 7 consecutive months)

NB:payment is 40% food items and 60% cash. (This means that at this stage your total earnings of N184,000 naira will be split in the proportion of 40% <N73,600> food items and 60% <N110,400> money paid into your bank account)

D) STAGE THREE:
When 14 persons come to meet you at STAGE THREE, you will get the following benefits and automatically move to STAGE FOUR:
Level Bonus (LB):$700
Complete Stage (CS):$3,500
Total: $4,200 (N840,000 naira)
A brand new car worth $22,000.
Free trip to Saudi Arabia for Hajj or Umrah (Lesser Hajj) or free trip to Israel or Dubai. All expenses paid inclusive of $5,000 (N1,000,000 <One million naira>wink Travelling Allowance.
NB:payment is 40% food items and 60% cash
(This means that at this stage your total earnings of N840,000 naira will be split in the proportion of 40% <N336,000> food items and 60% <N504,000> money paid into your bank account)

E) STAGE FOUR:
When 14 persons come to meet you at STAGE FOUR, you will get the following benefits and automatically move to STAGE FIVE:

Level Bonus (LB): $2,240
Complete Stage (CS):$5,000
Total: $7,240 (N1,448,000 naira)
Supply of $250 (N50,000 naira) worth of food items for 12 months.
GRAND AWARD of a brand new SUV worth $30,000 (Six million naira)
NB:payment is 40% food items and 60% cash.
(This means that at this stage your total earnings of N1,448,000 naira will be split in the proportion of 40% <N579,200> food items and 60% <N868,800> money paid into your bank account)

F) STAGE FIVE:
This is the dream stage of every Happy World Meal Gate member.
At this final stage, you live to earn $6,000 (N1,200,000 naira)

MOVING FROM STAGE1 TO 5 IS NOT A DAY'S JOB BUT ITS QUITE ACHIEVABLE! THE 2 BASIC THINGS ARE
1. JOIN NOW
2. GET YOUR 6 REFERRALS ...

Interested fellow should Contact me on 09021408991
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by Nmanuanu(f): 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2017
There is no hard and fast rule for making jollof abeg... it is by luck angry angry angry
Re: Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 11:43am On Aug 28, 2017
brudiga:
na ulcer you dey invite small small
Burnt food causes ulcer shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? / Suggest Food And Other Stuff To Buy Before Subsidy Removal / The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.