Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,978 members, 7,814,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Help: I Hate Going To Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help: I Hate Going To Church. (831 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Hate Going To Church. by royalamour(m): 8:06am On Aug 27, 2017
I was born and raised in staunch Christian home.
When I was much younger, I always felt happy at the thought of going to church.

But as I grew older, due to first hand experiences and the attitudes some self acclaimed christians exhibited, I fell out of love with going to church.

As days go by, I started to question so many things in the Bible from the story about creation of earth and man to Jesus Christ rising from the dead even after he died a sacrificial lamb and many more.

Recently, I find myself getting angry and sometimes even sad whenever some asked me to prepare for church.

How can I go to the church when:

1. A Rev. Father took sides with other/step siblings and refused to officiate my marriage thanksgiving because of fabricated things they told him against me.

2. When prophet Okoye demanded 30,000 NGN before he pray for a critically ill neighbour?

3. When mama XYZ (Not real name) cheated on her gentle and loving husband while he was alive even when she occupy higher position in the church?

4. How can I go to church when a pastor blackmailed and snatched ABC's fiancee?

5. How can I go to church when a pastor whom we chose as our marriage counselor blackmailed me and snatched my ex fiancee and married her months later?

These consistent heartbreaks and many unmentionable ones constitutes to these repulsive feelings.

Please I hate to feel this way, I want my love for church to catch fire again.

Talk sense into my head.
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by libertyfather(m): 8:19am On Aug 27, 2017
Dem force you?
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by hopefulLandlord: 8:26am On Aug 27, 2017
just in case
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by obonujoker(m): 8:30am On Aug 27, 2017
Is it because of people you are going to church??
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by omaigala(m): 8:33am On Aug 27, 2017
libertyfather:
Dem force you?
Are you a christian?
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by 0temAtum: 8:40am On Aug 27, 2017
This is the Aquarius age setting in. This is the age when human beings shall see themselves as gods and will be able to operate maximally. This is the 'end time' of Christianity. Note, end time as used here doesn't mean the end of the world, but the end of the fame and popularity of the deceptive religion called Christianity. The end of believing in the fictitious hero called Jesus. The end of praying to a god for help rather than using the brain.

Brain users and thinkers are taking over the world because this is the age of brain using. Philosophers shall abound in Africa at this age and marked development shall occur in different places in Africa because from the brain comes solution to poverty, corruption and bad mentality.

Welcome to the AGE OF AQUARIUS.

Follow this link to see more:

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by Liveair: 9:10am On Aug 27, 2017
Actually, the points made concerning other pastors and church folks not living up to calling isn't new, they are but human and so it's understandable.
Am more interested in your questioning the Bible and your current disenchantment.

You see, it takes a lot of courage and sound intellect to question the norm.
When those questions start coming, you know you are on the verge of Reason.
Deep thinking and research lays bare the inadequacies and inconsistencies and lies therein, leading you to a state of lethargy.
More enlightenment brings you to an awareness that religion is a farce and all religions are the same, just for mental control of people - A creation of man.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by Ranchhoddas: 9:27am On Aug 27, 2017
Though I haven't been to church in a long while, I actually enjoy church.
Those beautifully dressed guys and girls, the music and dancing, with the pastors and their creative ways of getting you to part with your money.
The whole circus is very enjoyable.

Anyway, if you no wan go stay house, dem no dey share money there.
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by royalamour(m): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Though I haven't been to church in a long while, I actually enjoy church.
Those beautifully dressed guys and girls, the music and dancing, with the pastors and their creative ways of getting you to part with your money.
The whole circus is very enjoyable.

Anyway, if you no wan go stay house, dem no dey share money there.

grin grin grin
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by eboiga(f): 10:16am On Aug 27, 2017
You can choose not to go to church for now but just develop an undiluted love for God. Am sure with time,you would want to go to church cos you would hear teachings that would help you grow and understand the word better. Don't look at the lifestyle of others,concentrate on yourself and ask God to give you wisdom for living everyday.
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by chemystery: 10:16am On Aug 27, 2017
I never in my life enjoyed going to church even when I was a believer.
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by ysyowel(m): 11:36am On Aug 27, 2017
undecided don't go to church or fail to go because of a pastor, or any other person on high position, cool don't go to church because people are going don't fail to go because you have issues with a priest, but rather go because you are willing, go because you are convinced in your heart to go, go because you know there is a rewards and blessings not from man but from God, remember the Scripture say don't forsake the assembly of the godly......

keep going
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by ysyowel(m): 11:42am On Aug 27, 2017
chemystery:
I never in my life enjoyed going to church even when I was a believer.
so you are an unbeliever
receive Jesus now and be save
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by chemystery: 11:46am On Aug 27, 2017
ysyowel:

so you are an unbeliever
receive Jesus now and be save
I'm ready to receive him. But how are you sending him?
Is it through DHL, FedEx or ups?
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by ysyowel(m): 11:57am On Aug 27, 2017
chemystery:

I'm ready to receive him. But how are you sending him?
Is it through DHL, FedEx or ups?
through your heart, through the Spirit, open your heart now and receive him into your heart cool

1 Like

Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by chemystery: 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
ysyowel:

through your heart, through the Spirit, open your heart now and receive him into your heart cool
My heart is meant for circulating blood and not for courier service.
Even if I want to take part in this transaction, I'm against human trafficking
Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by Didov1(f): 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hi...got one question for you....do you go to church to worship and serve God,or to worship the so called man n women of god,prophets n rev...if u know ur aim u know what 2 do...if u got 2 find out dat ur pastor isnt christlike,i wld advice u 2 make a change of church,make jesus christ ur mentor n ur everything n also d bible should b part of u..n also strive 2 b christlike in nature.....#shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Hate Going To Church. by 0temAtum: 2:20am On Aug 28, 2017
chemystery:

My heart is meant for circulating blood and not for courier service.
Even if I want to take part in this transaction, I'm against human trafficking
grin

(1) (Reply)

30 Lessons From The Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Scientifically God Does Not Exist. / What Is Christian Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.