Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan (1245 Views)

Security Agents Uncover Plot By Boko Haram To Bomb Bauchi / Police Uncover Plot By Terrorists To Attack Abuja Transport / Security Agents Uncover Bomb Factory In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by newmaster(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2010
Security agents uncover plot to poison Jonathan Sunday, 21 February 2010 00:00 Olusola Sanni
•Ex-gov, ministers vote N30b for project
A plot to kill the Acting President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, through poisoning, has been uncovered by security agents.

The plot, which is allegedly being driven by forces opposed to the emergence of Vice-President Jonathan as the acting president, has a budget of N30 billion, the Nigerian Compass also gathered.
The plot was said to have been uncovered by security agents last week.

It was learnt that a report by security agents alleged that two serving ministers from the North and a former state governor in one of the Niger Delta states were behind the plot.

The arrowhead of the plot is said to be a minister from the North-East geo-political zone.
Sources told the Nigerian Compass that security agents are keeping a close watch on the movement of those allegedly behind the plot.

It was learnt that the idea was to poison Jonathan through those who are close to him.
Those behind the plots are also said to be considering using women to reach Jonathan.
It was gathered that this was one of the reasons the acting president banned solidarity visits to the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

A source said, “Their thinking is that they can apply the late General Sanni Abacha formula by using women to poison him.

“Unfortunately, this plot has been blown open and the acting president, also unfortunately for them, is a very quiet man who does not go after women.”

Many of the suspects to the plot, who are government officials, have been identified as people who are “unhappy with the emergence of the vice-president as acting president.”

Although a source who spoke with the Nigerian Compass under strict condition of anonymity gave the identities of those behind the plot, he, however, said, “Government is keeping the chase game to its chest until the suspects are caught in their act.”

The source also informed that the suspect would be charged for treason when arrested.
It was gathered that while a minister involved in the plot was disposed to the assassination of the acting president, another minister prefers the option of killing through food poisoning.

The source said those involved in the plot have started approaching close associates of Jonathan with monetary offers.

It was learnt that a prominent family from the South-East was approached by those behind the plot due to the closeness of some of its prominent members to Jonathan.

The source said that the plot was uncovered through one of such close associates of the acting president who was contacted for the plot but decided to spill the bean.

The source said, “Security agents are already trailing those suspected to be behind this plot.
“We have adequate information about their activities and we will bid our time before we make their arrest and charge them for treason.”

The Nigerian Compass also gathered that the development formed part of the reasons why Jonathan banned courtesy visits.

Another security source had earlier told the Nigerian Compass that the decision of the acting president to stop courtesy visits was because “some of the so-called visitors could be agents of security breach,” the source said.

Meanwhile, the Presidency is said to be considering a preemptive step in the likelihood of the government of Saudi Arabia preventing the Federal Government delegation from having access to the President, Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua.

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) had, last week, mandated six ministers to visit the President.
The six ministers have reportedly been granted visas.

Sources told the Nigerian Compass that the Federal Government has started oiling its diplomatic machinery in preparation for the challenge of the position of the government in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.compassnews.net/Ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=41709:security-agents-uncover-plot-to-poison-jonathan&catid=672:top-stories&Itemid=794

Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by yeswecan(m): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2010
Oh my God ! ! has it gotten to that shocked shocked shocked
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by Brite02(m): 11:37am On Feb 21, 2010
Northeners r as evils as they profess in their islam
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by slap1(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2010
The Nigerian Compass is owned by Gbenga Daniel and is yet to be a serious piece of shi¥t. So I don't believe d story which I bliv OBJ sponsored to frighten Jonathan. U can tink me mad but datz my opinion!
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by lannre(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2010
Brite02:

Northeners r as evils as they profess in their Islam

Not all Northerners,lets us be objective in our response,we still see some Northerners that support upholding of the constitution.

slap1:

The Nigerian Compass is owned by Gbenga Daniel and is yet to be a serious piece of shi¥t. So I don't believe d story which I bliv OBJ sponsored to frighten Jonathan. U can tink me mad but datz my opinion!

I love your post and the conclusion.
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by coolier(f): 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2010
slap1:

Hmmm! Food for thought!
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2010
More than the plot itself to poison the President, this is a psychological warfare to stoke up fear and prevent the acting president from taking actions.

Sack your National Security Adviser now and these noisemakers will know that you mean business.
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by 9jawear(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2010
he shld sack his security adviser,men you wan try, if they kill goodluck, the north go see fire,niger delta go boil
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2010
slap1:

you dont need to reason like an animal to make your point.obj doesnt need to threaten jonathan before he tell him what he feel.he has told him to forget about the 2011 presidency so wtf are you talking about***shakes head in disappointment***
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by slap1(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2010
^ You reason like a human being yet u can't differentiate "frighten" from "threaten". Good for you! ***Nods head in (appointment) approval***
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by Akanbiedu(m): 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2010
Why are people so easy to manipulate in this part of the world?
Re: Security Agents Uncover Plot To Poison Jonathan by oderemo(m): 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2010
na today

(1) (Reply)

Why Cameroun Claims Obudu Ranch: Biya Can't Afford 800k Euros In 2010 / Mob Attacks Borno Speaker At Anpp Primaries / Good News! Shanty Boy Finds A Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.