Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Islam And 21st Century Slavery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And 21st Century Slavery (773 Views)

The Lords Chosen Crusade In Lagos: Hope For The Needy (20th And 21st, November) / How Satan Crumbles A 21st Century Marriage / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And 21st Century Slavery by lagostokd: 8:30am On Aug 29, 2017
You might think of slavery as a practice of the past, an image from Roman colonies or 18th-century American plantations, but the practice of enslaving human beings as property still exists. There are 29.8 million people living as slaves right now, according to a comprehensive new report issued by the Australia-based Walk Free Foundation.

The country where you are most likely to be enslaved is Mauritania. Although this vast West African nation has tried three times to outlaw slavery within its borders, it remains so common that it is nearly normal. The report estimates that four percent of Mauritania is enslaved – one out of every 25 people.

Mauritania is an Islamic country! It is officially called Islamic Republic of Mauritania and the official language is Arabic.

Is slavery sanctioned by Mohammed, the Islamic Prophet?

Yes... Islamic Prophet Mohammed owned slaves.

The Qur’an has Allah telling Muhammad that he has given him girls as sex slaves: “Prophet, We have made lawful to you the wives to whom you have granted dowries and the slave girls whom God has given you as booty.” (Qur’an 33:50)

Muhammad bought slaves: “Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: There came a slave and pledged allegiance to Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) on migration; he (the Holy Prophet) did not know that he was a slave. Then there came his master and demanded him back, whereupon Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Sell him to me. And he bought him for two black slaves, and he did not afterwards take allegiance from anyone until he had asked him whether he was a slave (or a free man).” (Muslim 3901)

Muhammad took female Infidel captives as slaves: “Narrated Anas: The Prophet offered the Fajr Prayer near Khaibar when it was still dark and then said, ‘Allahu-Akbar! Khaibar is destroyed, for whenever we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight), then evil will be the morning for those who have been warned.’ Then the inhabitants of Khaibar came out running on the roads. The Prophet had their warriors killed, their offspring and woman taken as captives. Safiya was amongst the captives. She first came in the share of Dahya Alkali but later on she belonged to the Prophet. The Prophet made her manumission as her ‘Mahr.’” (Bukhari 5.59.512) Mahr is bride price: Muhammad freed her and married her. But he didn’t do this to all his slaves:

Muhammad owned slaves: “Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah’s Apostle was on a journey and he had a black slave called Anjasha, and he was driving the camels (very fast, and there were women riding on those camels). Allah’s Apostle said, ‘Waihaka (May Allah be merciful to you), O Anjasha! Drive slowly (the camels) with the glass vessels (women)!’” (Bukhari 8.73.182) There is no mention of Muhammad’s freeing Anjasha.

Where is the international outcry? In the U.S., the Left is enraged over 100-year-old statues of slaveowners, but what about the real live slaves suffering today in Mauritania? Would caring about them be “Islamophobic”? We constantly hear that Islam forbids slavery, but reality is otherwise.

Reference: https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/08/defying-international-pressure-islamic-republic-of-mauritania-refuses-to-free-slaves

Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by respect80(m): 9:00am On Aug 29, 2017
lagostokd:
You might think of slavery as a practice of the past, an image from Roman colonies or 18th-century American plantations, but the practice of enslaving human beings as property still exists. There are 29.8 million people living as slaves right now, according to a comprehensive new report issued by the Australia-based Walk Free Foundation.

The country where you are most likely to be enslaved is Mauritania. Although this vast West African nation has tried three times to outlaw slavery within its borders, it remains so common that it is nearly normal. The report estimates that four percent of Mauritania is enslaved – one out of every 25 people.

Mauritania is an Islamic country! It is officially called Islamic Republic of Mauritania and the official language is Arabic.

Is slavery sanctioned by Mohammed, the Islamic Prophet?

Yes... Islamic Prophet Mohammed owned slaves.

The Qur’an has Allah telling Muhammad that he has given him girls as sex slaves: “Prophet, We have made lawful to you the wives to whom you have granted dowries and the slave girls whom God has given you as booty.” (Qur’an 33:50)

Muhammad bought slaves: “Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: There came a slave and pledged allegiance to Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) on migration; he (the Holy Prophet) did not know that he was a slave. Then there came his master and demanded him back, whereupon Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Sell him to me. And he bought him for two black slaves, and he did not afterwards take allegiance from anyone until he had asked him whether he was a slave (or a free man).” (Muslim 3901)

Muhammad took female Infidel captives as slaves: “Narrated Anas: The Prophet offered the Fajr Prayer near Khaibar when it was still dark and then said, ‘Allahu-Akbar! Khaibar is destroyed, for whenever we approach a (hostile) nation (to fight), then evil will be the morning for those who have been warned.’ Then the inhabitants of Khaibar came out running on the roads. The Prophet had their warriors killed, their offspring and woman taken as captives. Safiya was amongst the captives. She first came in the share of Dahya Alkali but later on she belonged to the Prophet. The Prophet made her manumission as her ‘Mahr.’” (Bukhari 5.59.512) Mahr is bride price: Muhammad freed her and married her. But he didn’t do this to all his slaves:

Muhammad owned slaves: “Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah’s Apostle was on a journey and he had a black slave called Anjasha, and he was driving the camels (very fast, and there were women riding on those camels). Allah’s Apostle said, ‘Waihaka (May Allah be merciful to you), O Anjasha! Drive slowly (the camels) with the glass vessels (women)!’” (Bukhari 8.73.182) There is no mention of Muhammad’s freeing Anjasha.

Where is the international outcry? In the U.S., the Left is enraged over 100-year-old statues of slaveowners, but what about the real live slaves suffering today in Mauritania? Would caring about them be “Islamophobic”? We constantly hear that Islam forbids slavery, but reality is otherwise.

Reference: https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/08/defying-international-pressure-islamic-republic-of-mauritania-refuses-to-free-slaves

We will need some

Sergio Ramos, Thiago Silva, Giorgio Chiellini and David Luiz to defend this

1 Like

Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by iamgenius(m): 9:42am On Aug 29, 2017
@lagostokd, I won't talk much. I have tens of examples, but I'll only give one, because the bible said; whoever disbelieve in a proof, will actually disbelief in many proofs. In the Islamic law, if someone who is fasting during the month of Ramadhan breaks his or her fast during the day without an acceptable reason(like sickness etc), the person has sinned. One of the expiations of that sin is to Free A Slave. Don't ask me for explanations. Go Do Research About Islam.
Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by lagostokd: 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
iamgenius:
@lagostokd, I won't talk much. I have tens of examples, but I'll only give one, because the bible said; whoever disbelieve in a proof, will actually disbelief in many proofs. In the Islamic law, if someone who is fasting during the month of Ramadhan breaks his or her fast during the day without an acceptable reason(like sickness etc), the person has sinned. One of the expiations of that sin is to Free A Slave. Don't ask me for explanations. Go Do Research About Islam.

Research about Islam? Lol... I know a lot already; especially the notion behind your post... technically not answering the question in the original post but pretending to answer it by saying "One of the expiations of that sin is to Free A Slave"

Making it simple, here are the questions:

Did the Islamic Prophet Mohammed bought slaves?

Did he owned slaves?

Did he take female infidel captives as slaves?

Is the highest present day slavery practicing country an Islamic country?

Has any Muslim group protested against slavery in the Islamic country?

2 Likes

Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by lagostokd: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
respect80:

We will need some

lol

Islamic central defenders always run into hiding whenever being presented with truths

Other options used are insults, threat, and violence

2 Likes

Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by butterflylion: 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2017
iamgenius:

Can you show me where that statement of yours is found in the bible?

3 Likes

Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by hopefulLandlord: 7:18am On Aug 30, 2017
respect80:

We will need some

actually, they'll need Ramos, Boateng, Hummels, Chielini and Bonucci

1 Like

Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by lagostokd: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

actually, they'll need Ramos, Boateng, Hummels, Chielini and Bonucci

It appears all their defenders are still hiding
Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by hopefulLandlord: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
lagostokd:

It appears all their defenders are still hiding

they have to cuz your front three consists of Messi Ronaldo and Neymar, they are not confident their defenders would handle it well, your attack is too good for even the best defenders to handle

1 Like

Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by iamgenius(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
I'm present here, I'm just too busy to type. I only read, maybe later.
Re: Islam And 21st Century Slavery by lagostokd: 11:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
iamgenius:
I'm present here, I'm just too busy to type. I only read, maybe later.

It's now very obvious that Islam supports slavery... I pray that the Prince of Peace will show you the truth and the truth will set you free

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does 2 Peter 2 Say You Can Lose Your Salvation? - Paul Ellis / Church Of Satan Deny Jacob Mckelvy Who Claimed To Have Converted To Christianity / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/11/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.