Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml (2487 Views)

Free New E-book On HTML And CSS / Wapmasters Learn How To Create A Php Site Through Xhtml / Psd To Xhtml/css,wordpress,joomla And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by DualCore1: 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2010
Some think HTML is old fashioned and XHTML has come to replace it.
Others have argued that HTML still has its valid uses in our time and XHTML isnt a replace for it.

What do you think?

Goodnight good pipz, i want to wake up and see 1 million replies please grin
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by c7(m): 8:14am On Feb 22, 2010
XHTML is a strict and cleaner version of HTML. So each can b use interchangeably. XHTML is likely to be more than HTML because it seems to be HTML defined as an XML, dont u think so.
Also XHTML has a modularization-model which defines the modules of XHTML. And spliting XHTML into modules created well defined sets of XHTML element which can be used seperately for small devices or combined with other XML standards in more complex applications. Well, other member of the house will have their views, so lets wait 4 their responds
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by DualCore1: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2010
Morning good pipz! grin

I said 1 million replies angry
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2010
c++:

XHTML is a strict and cleaner version of HTML. So each can b use interchangeably. XHTML is likely to be more than HTML because it seems to be HTML defined as an XML, dont u think so.
Also XHTML has a modularization-model which defines the modules of XHTML. And spliting XHTML into modules created well defined sets of XHTML element which can be used seperately for small devices or combined with other XML standards in more complex applications. Well, other member of the house will have their views, so lets wait 4 their responds
If you say that, then what about DHTML? do you think DHTML is better than XHTML?
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by c7(m): 1:30am On Feb 23, 2010
Haaaba *dhtml, dual core posted about XHTML and HTML,so i decided to tell a little about d d/fs.
@*dhtml, what about DHTML? Do you think dhtml is better than xhtml.
Let me ask is DHTML a new markup language.? No, I knw u will say, Xhtml is html defined in Xml applications. While in the other hand Dhtml is about applying web technologies like HTML , CSS, DOM, JAVASCRIPT to create dynamic web pages.
Although i also prefer DHTML.
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 23, 2010
Dont mind me jare, yes you are right, DHTML is a combination of everything, flash. . . .the point is, just combine everything and bring out a good job
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by OmniPotens(m): 8:11am On Feb 23, 2010
To avoid much talks, checkout the W3C Specifications for any of them and use where specified. You are not the model but a mere user :-P
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 23, 2010
OmniPotens:

To avoid much talks, checkout the W3C Specifications for any of them and use where specified. You are not the model but a mere user :-P
These dayz, in order to save much time, many people use frameworks, and many of these frameworks prefer XHTML, since it is more standardized
compared to HTML. So in the end, you dont really have much of a choice except if you are handcoding all the way. Dreamweaver by default too
uses XHTML (at least CS4)
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by OmniPotens(m): 8:59am On Feb 23, 2010
I prefer the handcoding as it's better. You know what code exists and where so you are pretty sure of everythings usage. I'm still wondering at the day i'll install DW again on my pc. For some years now, i've not seen her looks. Talking about frameworks, man, you know better than i do in that aspect. I'm good at my own development design as i see it easier for me. You'll teach me even to use those someday; jooola, drupal, etc.
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2010
Even the frameworks i have seen so far, like drupal, joomla and a few other not-so-popular ones make use of XHTML.  
Come to think of it, even nairaland (XHTML) and facebook (XHTML/DHTML) and other self respecting sites are using XHTML.
And so i sign outta this thread.  .
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by kabarka(m): 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2010
hello everyone,

so happy to see this HTML and XHTML being discussed.

i honestly don't know what they mean but there is a program
am running on the net where it is required that i post CODES on
web pages that accept HTML.The codes will then appear as banner.

And i don't know how to go about it.
can someone help me please??
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Obinoscopy(m): 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2010
u guys are speaking in tongues. . . .lol
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by quadrillio(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
*dhtml:

Even the frameworks i have seen so far, like drupal, joomla and a few other not-so-popular ones make use of XHTML.  
Come to think of it, even nairaland (XHTML) and facebook (XHTML/DHTML) and other self respecting sites are using XHTML.
And so i sign outta this thread.  .

WORD
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by quadrillio(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2010
kabarka:

hello everyone,

can you please make your question a little bit more clearer, or better still. explain it step by step.

-Safe
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
kabarka:

hello everyone,

oh i gerrit. the online application you are tryin to use makes use of html, and you do not understand the language.
Please click here to learn HTML
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by c7(m): 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2010
@*dhtml, True talk,Frameworks are been developed from existing technologies.
I thought facebook has their own markup developed with XML. I Want to know more about drupal and joomla
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2010
yeah right, those languages like HTML, CSS, PHP, XML, XHTML, ASP, ASP.NET are fundamental languages. others are built from it.
Facebook have their own framework based on dhtml/XHTML, and there are frameworks for site building like wordpress, joomla,
drupal. then there are client sided frameworks like mootools, jQuery. . . .all these are just names, and are meant to make the
coding process simpler and more straight forward.
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by c7(m): 4:38pm On Feb 23, 2010
Is perl enough to develope proxy servers.
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2010
perl as in Practical Extraction and Report Language? i am not sure, google it up and see.
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by elderbros(m): 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2010
<comment>pps 4 ds side get sence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i dey cun join una,,,,,,,,,,, make i go jack small</comment>
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 24, 2010
there is actually no difference from the point of view of the end user.

just that xhtml is stricter and easier to maintain.
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by OmniPotens(m): 10:04am On Feb 24, 2010
Gun shots in a d air for @webdezzi

Guy where you run comot from? Dem kidnap you before?

Happy 2010!!!!
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2010
na work jare, plus trying to enjoy life, i no wan die on another man's project
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by miracle4(m): 1:49am On Feb 25, 2010
which one is best in designing a dynamic website?
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by c7(m): 5:43am On Feb 25, 2010
Use DHTML
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 25, 2010
Exactly: XHTML/DHTML
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by kabarka(m): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2010
how do i know which site accept html codes.
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2010
kabarka:

how do i know which site accept html codes.
darn if i know. I think you first need to get a basic understanding of what HTML is, then you
will be able to answer that question.
Re: When To Use Html And When To Use Xhtml by fabresense: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2010
pls moderator why do you keep removing my post? its not repeated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get A Professional Business Website Today For Just AFFORDABLE / Is Windows Frontpage Good For Designing Official Websites. / Which Affiliate Programs Is Best For Nigerian Bloggers To Join And Earn Big?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.