Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh (17459 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / PHOTOS: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of London / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Duke University Honorary Degree In Durham (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by EvieP(f): 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
Super Lady Amanda more grace
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by kcmichael: 9:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
I admire this lady,but our ladies here are busy wearing mini skirt and tight trouser and shaking their bum bum,fighting over boy friend
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Geezholla: 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
She is a resource, she knows how to war with the ink, she can pen the world in a sheet. I love her so much. Keep the good work.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
orijintv:

We teach girls to shrink themselves
To make themselves smaller
We say to girls,
"You can have ambition
But not too much
You should aim to be successful
But not too successful
Otherwise you will threaten the man."
Because I am female
I am expected to aspire to marriage
I am expected to make my life choices
Always keeping in mind that
Marriage is the most important
Now marriage can be a source of
Joy and love and mutual support
But why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage
And we don't teach boys the same?
We raise girls to see each other as competitors
Not for jobs or for accomplishments
Which I think can be a good thing
But for the attention of men
We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings
In the way that boys are
Feminist: the person who believes in the social
Political, and economic equality of the sexes.

Most intelligent feminist i know. One of the few women that really knows what feminism is all about. Not the feminism that disrespects men all in the name of being a feminist.

Exactly! Chimamanda and Beyonce are happily married black women. It beats me how some olosho slay queens, single mothers and baby mamas thinks they are part of them. Those ones got their own definition of feminist all screwed up.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by naturefellow(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
Godsaves18:
Nice one...who knows if this lady is married
wonder why she's still referred to as 'ms'
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2017
naturefellow:
wonder why she's still referred to as 'ms'

She is happily married.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimamanda_Ngozi_Adichie

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by kernel505: 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
Osucoward:
She's Nigerian not IPOD grin grin grin

Her type will never support Ipod's toxicity and hatred towards other tribes. Na local clowns like Nkem ololoyo and Fayose go support such groups.

Hopefully UN can grant those miscreant their landlocked country soon.

You forgot that Chinue Achebe and Wole Soyinka are pro Biafrans, illiterate. Go and read up Chinue Achebe last book "There was a country".

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by chris31(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nairalanders PH branch i am in need of help i just relocated to ph having successfully completed Nysc & i need to get myself busy pls anyone willing to help me get a job i will appreciate a lot. Thanks my people
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by nnokwa042(m): 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2017
Osucoward:

Her type will never support Ipod's toxicity and hatred towards other tribes. Na local clowns like Nkem ololoyo and Fayose go support such groups.

Oshogbo boy wetin u smoke this night abi u smoke the ashes of abobaku?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by naturefellow(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
scaramucci:

She is happily married.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimamanda_Ngozi_Adichie
yes, I'm aware of her marital question. My question remains "why is she addressed as Miss" in this article?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by FIDELISFIDECENT: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
Congratulations!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by BiafraAmaka(m): 9:41pm On Aug 29, 2017
Osucoward:

Igbo women are making Igbos' proud while Yoruba and Hausa women are getting laid somewhere
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by tishbite41(m): 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
Biafra on d beat
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by fuckpro: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2017
folakemigeh:
This woman is just a strong woman
...and you are a...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Basic123: 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
SaiNigeria:
Wole Soyinka the cultist will soon start envying the Igbo Amazon
wetin concern a man that won a nobel prize when chinamanda adichie was just 8 years old with envy.yIGBO people sha always want to measure up with yorubas!

yIGBOs and inferiority complex are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Basic123: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
BiafraAmaka:

Igbo women are making Igbos' proud while Yoruba and Hausa women are getting laid somewhere

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2UzZrgwxggrin
Adichie is just among 0.1%cheesy

And a policeman testified to itgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by fuckpro: 9:48pm On Aug 29, 2017
naturefellow:
yes, I'm aware of her marital question. My question remains "why is she addressed as Miss" in this article?
its a neutral title to a woman,its neither Mrs or miss

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by BiafraAmaka(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2017
Osucoward:

She is not supporting IPOB,she is supporting Fulani herdsmen and bokoharam

Onye Ara
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by BiafraAmaka(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2017
Basic123:

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2UzZrgwxggrin
Adichie is just among 0.1%cheesy

And a policeman testified to itgrin

I will never argue with someone who was brought up like this

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by BiafraAmaka(m): 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
Basic123:

wetin concern a man that won a nobel prize when chinamanda adichie was just 8 years old with envy.yIGBO people sha always want to measure up with yorubas!

yIGBOs and inferiority complex are

Yoruba's are fools
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Basic123: 9:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
BiafraAmaka:

I will never argue with someone who was brought up like this
....who demand argument from products of multiple sperms from different mengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ2UzZrgwxg
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by RoyalUc(m): 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2017
folakemigeh:
This woman is just a strong woman

And you are just a beautiful woman!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Basic123: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
BiafraAmaka:

Yoruba's are fools
Oh,we now understand what your problem is actuallygrin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by BiafraAmaka(m): 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
Basic123:

Oh,we now understand what your problem is actuallygrin

Just go to hell
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Basic123: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2017
BiafraAmaka:

Just go to hell
Kanu really taught yIGBO race how to abuse people wellacheesy

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by mcayomind: 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Congrat aunty........ more grease to your boris

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Afhounja(m): 10:04pm On Aug 29, 2017
Osucoward:

Who told you?

Her book, "Half of A Yellow Sun" is full of Biafra themes.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2017
RoyalUc:

And you are just a beautiful woman!
Thank you
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by RoyalUc(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
Don't mention. You are worth it. cheesy
folakemigeh:
Thank you
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by Apoztl3(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
mrvitalis:
Have you seen people like this support Biafra ??

This are the real Igbo I'm proud to be part of

You wish... I guess you've forgotten so soon that she authored the book "Half Of A Yellow Sun", or maybe you've not read it
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh by AreaFada2: 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
Nice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Broken Oath - A Short Story / "all Protocol Duly Observed": Grammatical Blunder! / Had I Know 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.