Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,501 members, 7,847,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

NEW UPDATE. Latest 419 trick using MTN-NG SMS Alert . PLEASE READ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NEW UPDATE. Latest 419 trick using MTN-NG SMS Alert . PLEASE READ (981 Views)

Sportybet Scam/fraud Alert!!! Please Help!!! / Maybe This Is A New Scam Alert Please Spread It To Save People / Fraud Alert! Please Who Know Mayorall, Scammed Me Huge Amount Of Money!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEW UPDATE. Latest 419 trick using MTN-NG SMS Alert . PLEASE READ by MrHibee(m): 12:39am On Aug 30, 2017
Hello everyone. I need to inform us about the latest format 419 are using now. At exactly 12am today, I received a message that says "Dear customer, due to the recent service upgrade, your Atm card has been blocked. Kindly contact 070xxxxxx(I don't remember)". Now, immediately I saw this SMS, I knew it was the same old scam sms format. But wait!!! SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS SCAM. The sms didn't come in as a text message from a regular phone number. It came in like the sms alert/notification that you get after a phone call, like the one MTN sends to you automatically to notify you of your last call charges or when MTN wants to steal money by popping up a yes or no subscription alert. That type, you get? Anyone could have fallen for this scam if the pop up was targeted, i.e the name of the target was included like "DEAR MR BLABLA". And this format could even work on a smart person if the target's bank name was included in the pop-up sms. But come to think of it, a lot of us have received calls/SMS from genuine bank customer care representatives with dedicated phone numbers that look like the regular phone numbers, asking us about our last banking experience at their so so branch. Both banks I use have called me for this kind of feedback before. Anyone who's received these feedback calls in the past could easily fall for a scam like this, since it's even coming up as a pop-up SMS and not a text message. Only God knows how these guys were able to generate these genuine-looking pop-up-sms on one's phone. In fact, the notification popped up on my phone twice. Please let us all be vigilant. 419 are getting smarter everyday. God bless.
Re: NEW UPDATE. Latest 419 trick using MTN-NG SMS Alert . PLEASE READ by Greenbullet(m): 12:54am On Aug 30, 2017
Give us a screenshot
Re: NEW UPDATE. Latest 419 trick using MTN-NG SMS Alert . PLEASE READ by gedidiah: 1:47am On Aug 30, 2017
make I buy space here.
Re: NEW UPDATE. Latest 419 trick using MTN-NG SMS Alert . PLEASE READ by MrHibee(m): 7:40am On Aug 30, 2017
Greenbullet:
Give us a screenshot
I have uploaded the screenshot
Re: NEW UPDATE. Latest 419 trick using MTN-NG SMS Alert . PLEASE READ by ActionsShure: 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hey noob
A customer care is a toll free nos
Its always 3 digits
And not a private number
Scammers too dull for local
No fullstop or anything
Very poor write up from
Local scammers

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawyer, Tolu Olaoye, Accused Of Brutalizing Her Housemaid / See The Face Of The Teen Gunman Who Killed 17 And Injured 50 People Yesterday / PHOTOS: Wedding Guest Pretends To Be Groom's Friend To Steal At Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.