Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection (13726 Views)

Lagos Begins Issuing International Driver’s Permit / 10 Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos And Their Addresses / Lagos Begins Cleanup Of Illegal Motor Parks Under Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by menstrualpad: 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
erico2k2:

also all those who bypass thier O2 sensor will definitely fail . All those who removed thier catalytic converters will fail
I bet I can see people now shouting chaiii grin grin
With what quality of PMS at our pumps?
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
menstrualpad:

With what quality of PMS at our pumps?

ahaah the only reason for this is pocket infastructure . They don't care about the environment grin
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by menstrualpad: 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
mascot87:

I wonder how your wife will cope with people like you. You can never see anything good in whatever policy government introduce. And if government don't do such, it is people like you that will still criticize them that they are crawling.
May God save us from people of your kind in our society.
Why is your brain flickering like a candlelight in the wind? Why drag his wife into your nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by menstrualpad: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
erico2k2:

ahaah the only reason for this is pocket infastructure . They don't care about the environment grin
Lawsuits would be thrown at them from all angles
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by 9icetoo(m): 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
sooperrescue:
What you guys are not aware is that the police are involved. The biometric central motor registry will also be done at the centre along with the tinted permit which is free. The guy that got his roadworthy cert in mile 12 has a fake certificate because you are supposed to take your vehicle to the center. It is no longer obtained by proxy. I have been priviledged to inspect cars there and there was one that we did belonging to a top gun in the insurance industry. His front tyres were T speed Rating while the rear was V. His braking system was poor and the handbrake was not effective, below the approved limit. The car was a 2015 model and the car failed the test. The emission test has its minimum limit and if you fail, you have 30 days to return after putting it right at no cost. The police at the center will verify your chassis and engine number and in a way, your car will be secured and the IT section at force hqts will now have the data of your vehicle and it is going to be protected nationwide, that is they cannot steal the var in Lagos and reregister it in Kaduna. The bcmr will also give you a temporary registration with the National identity card scheme. I used to register a car with roadworthy cert while the car is still in the port. That is cortuption and those crying against the scheme are comfortable with the corrupt system. We have to move forward and very soon, the police will be equipped with rfid scanners and if you are in Lagos and you dont have a bcmr card, with fake insurance, you will be booked.
The only gripe I have with your write up is the T speed rating and the V speed rating ish. The Nigerian road is not the Silverstone circuit nor Monza. The T speed rated tire will stop that car in the minimum distance required to stop the car and is within the 100km/hr limit on Nigerian roads. Unless you are racing you don't need high speed rated tires to drive on our bleeped up roads where it is a death wish to sustain 100km/hr for more than 3 minutes. Peace.
By the way, those goons should know that emission limits are subject to applicable laws when the vehicle was made. In the mighty USA whom we are copying, 1999 model cars are not subjected to the same emission test limits as 2015 model cars. I know you are aware of this. You don't expect a 1985 model Benz to pass an emission test rigged up for ulev model vehicle, do you?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2017
menstrualpad:

Lawsuits would be thrown at them from all angles
in 9ja Ahaha
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
@ sooperrescue
did you say the police will verify the Engine number ? ?
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by menstrualpad: 5:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
erico2k2:

in 9ja Ahaha
Yes o
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
menstrualpad:

Yes o
Goodluck to those taking the FG to court ahaha .
Suprise suprise Tire ratings does not form part of MOT in the uk rather the physical state of the tyre does .9ja vio will be busy looking for date of expiry .
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by sooperrescue(m): 6:23pm On Sep 01, 2017
erico2k2:

Goodluck to those taking the FG to court ahaha .
Suprise suprise Tire ratings does not form part of MOT in the uk rather the physical state of the tyre does .9ja vio will be busy looking for date of expiry .
Ratings don't count in the U.K. But they are not ignorant of the tyres the fit in their cars. A T speed rating in front and V in the back is absurd. I remember that there is pre inspection centers where these are checked. Do you fit winter tyres on your vehicle and go for Mot test in August and expect to be passed? Most T rated tyres are temperature B rated and you can't have different tyre ratings and dimensions on a vehicle and not be concerned about your safety and the interest of other road users. Those that spend 3 hrs in traffic are not having the best health wise and majority of the cause are these vehicles that are not fit for the road. I have seen a 2001 Camry that passed the test. There are emission limits for all and the Federal rules are Euro 3 and as the fuel quality increases, we will get to Euro 5 and 6. For the bcmr, the engine number is needed to secure a vehicle from being vandalized . Currently Toyota cars are being vandalized and nothing has been done but when your car is stolen and sold as parts, the engine cannot be sold to another person to fit in his car. The police report obtained for change of engine does not go to the central motor registry hence the new initiative. When filling the form online at policebcmr. gov.ng, you will be asked to present your vin and engine number. This measure is to safeguard your vehicle against theft as the data of your car will be available to the authorities concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by sooperrescue(m): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2017
[quote author=9icetoo post=60037530]
The only gripe I have with your write up is the T speed rating and the V speed rating ish. The Nigerian road is not the Silverstone circuit nor Monza. The T speed rated tire will stop that car in the minimum distance required to stop the car and is within the 100km/hr limit on Nigerian roads. Unless you are racing you don't need high speed rated tires to drive on our bleeped up roads where it is a death wish to sustain 100km/hr for more than 3 minutes. Peace.
By the way, those goons should know that emission limits are subject to applicable laws when the vehicle was made. In the mighty USA whom we are copying, 1999 model cars are not subjected to the same emission test limits as 2015 model cars. I know you are aware of this. You don't expect a 1985 model Benz to pass an emission test rigged up for ulev model vehicle, do you?
You might be correct but there are many motorists who can testify that at certain speeds, the tyres begin to vibrate and in their mind, they think the tyres needs balancing and alignment . But the car is warning you to slow down and in Mercedes cars, the engine will cut off. Why does BMW and Benz requires Zr tyres for their brands when the speed limit is 120kms in some countries in Europe? I have a client that fitted H speed rating on his Range Rover autobiography and I warned him initially that the tyres are not suitable for his car but he said he will manage it like that . Now the car vibrates on 80km and he wants wheel balancing . In the long run, stability control will be affected and the bushings and ball joints and finally the balloons will give way. Ambode is working, let's support him. It is suprising to note that if you follow the govt rules to obtain plate number, insurance and roadworthy certain, you won't spend up to 25k instead of the 45k touts charge and give you fake documents like a black Range Rover that has a 3rd party policy where the colour is stated as bronze
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
erico2k2:

And after registration all those you mentioned pack up what next ? ?

The police carry out routine patrol, a simple dead bulk could get u fined over 40k equivalents

And everyone one year before renewing your car registration the test must be conducted again
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2017
illitrate:

The police carry out routine patrol, a simple dead bulk could get u fined over 40k equivalents

And everyone one year before renewing your car registration the test must be conducted again
Are we talking Nigeria or the west here?
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 9:47pm On Sep 01, 2017
[quote author=sooperrescue post=60040303][/quote]
Z,H and W are for exotic cars, we dont need that kind of speed in NIgeria 120km/hr is enough and all of them speed rating goes beyond that, the uk speed limit is 70miles/hr which is same as that needed in Nigeria hence the UK police do not focus on your speed ratings rather the thread dept.
just so you know the lowest speed rating is N=140, now how many people drive 140km? every other speed ratings goes beyond that,the H rating you are preaching is 210km/h,Z is 240+so that man with the range rover plz go and do wheel alignment for him, has nothing to do with his tyrs or you simply do not know what you are talking about and I am extremely disappointed in you for giving that story!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by sooperrescue(m): 2:03am On Sep 02, 2017
You don't need to be sorry because you don't have an idea about how tyres work and I know we have had an intense discussion about it before. I asked a question, do you use winter tyres in summer? If no, then what do you use? Ascribing H as speed rating for exotic cars is another blunder on your part. All Toyota Corolla sold by Elizade all comes with V tyres. If U.K. speed limit is 70 Mls then that is almost 120km and you can tell us confidently that they use N rated tyres in summer. Bros, until you return to Naija, don't throw stones from U.K On a system that is completely different from ours. Show me a Ford Focus or golf 5 with a summer tyre that is rated N and post the photo. Abi Ford Focus na exotic car? If the governor happens to read this thread now, he will tend to believe that a foreign expert is talking sense meanwhile it is eastenders hangover that is still in effect.
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by 9icetoo(m): 5:31am On Sep 02, 2017
sooperrescue:

Ratings don't count in the U.K. But they are not ignorant of the tyres the fit in their cars. A T speed rating in front and V in the back is absurd. I remember that there is pre inspection centers where these are checked. Do you fit winter tyres on your vehicle and go for Mot test in August and expect to be passed? Most T rated tyres are temperature B rated and you can't have different tyre ratings and dimensions on a vehicle and not be concerned about your safety and the interest of other road users. Those that spend 3 hrs in traffic are not having the best health wise and majority of the cause are these vehicles that are not fit for the road. I have seen a 2001 Camry that passed the test. There are emission limits for all and the Federal rules are Euro 3 and as the fuel quality increases, we will get to Euro 5 and 6. For the bcmr, the engine number is needed to secure a vehicle from being vandalized . Currently Toyota cars are being vandalized and nothing has been done but when your car is stolen and sold as parts, the engine cannot be sold to another person to fit in his car. The police report obtained for change of engine does not go to the central motor registry hence the new initiative. When filling the form online at policebcmr. gov.ng, you will be asked to present your vin and engine number. This measure is to safeguard your vehicle against theft as the data of your car will be available to the authorities concerned.
please quit mentioning these speed ratings. its begin inning to sound like you don't know what they mean.
indeed it is unsafe to have different tire sizes on different wheels. however there are exceptions. some cars were made with smaller wheels in front and larger wheels at the rear.
I ask you again, will a better fuel quality make a 1985 Benz pass a euro 6 test?
if the governments plan is to scrap all older model vehicles, they should come out plainly and say so.
this type of emission restriction should be applied to only new vehicle registration and not renewals. that would put a stop to the importation of substandard second hand or even new substandard vehicles.
for tyres, those goons should only check for tyre condition, cuts, bulges, treadwear, etc. of course, it is not against the law to drive winter tires in Nigeria but is unwise. and yes they can fail a vehicle fitted with a winter tire. I hope they don't extend their folly to all season tires cos you also have an issue with those.
T speed rating is for a maximum of a whopping 190km/ hr. your client may have bought an out of round tire and you are blaming the issues on the spped rating?! get you acts right man. and I do know a lot about tyres cause I worked in Michelin port Harcourt before they shut down. bless.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by sooperrescue(m): 7:07am On Sep 02, 2017
Why did Michelin close down? Were all their tyres meant for our roads? It seems you find it difficult to understand. All the tyres (90%) currently being displayed by michelin are temp B tyres. If you have temp a at the rear and temp B in front does that make sense? When you say T tyre with traction b temp b on a landcruiser is ideal, then we were glad that your former company died. I have been to their Ijora office and seen their tyre shop there too and all i found there were majorly temp b tyres. All season tyres are good as long as they are temperature a and traction a. There are some that are traction aa. Did your former company produce locally any tyre with traction a talkless of aa? Go round the markets and which I have done and you will even find temp c tyres too. If a toyota corolla from Elizade has V tyres and even renault cars comes fitted with V tyres, is it a landcruiser or a range rover that should be fitted with T or H? For those kind of tyres, they are most likely all temp b. On a camry or nissan, you can get H tyres that are temp a, even T tyres for smaller vehicles that are temp a but not on suvs. You take your car there before you start complaining. Take your mercedes there and the emission should not be your fear, worry about the danger that vehicle is posing to other road users. Govt did nothing, una complain, dem do something, una still complain. Na only una waka come.
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 10:56am On Sep 02, 2017
@ sooperrescue
at this point I'm forced to conclude you are either Confused or far from the knowledge surrounding tyres . For starters you do not know what tyre rating means . For instance you ha e no clue what the speed rating g is for V and T . You don't cos if you did you wo t come up with that long epistle up there .
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by sooperrescue(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2017
I will not comment on any post you make until you post a photo of your London rightie tyres rated N on a ford fushion or golf 5 which are not exotic cars and being driven in summer. Then I will admit that you know what you are talking about but until then make I wish you barka d pounds
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by 9icetoo(m): 11:57am On Sep 02, 2017
erico2k2:
@ sooperrescue
at this point I'm forced to conclude you are either Confused or far from the knowledge surrounding tyres . For starters you do not know what tyre rating means . For instance you ha e no clue what the speed rating g is for V and T . You don't cos if you did you wo t come up with that long epistle up there .
please tell him.
sooper, Michelin didn't leave Nigeria cos they were making legal temp b tires which are by the way sold and used extensively in the USA. they closed shop cos of our govt policies and an unfavourable business climate.
here is a small quote from car bibles.

"The temperature test is run at high speeds and high ambient temperatures until the tyre fails. To achieve a minimum grade of "C" the tyre must safely run at 85mph for 30 minutes, higher grades are indicative of surviving higher speeds (a rating of "B" is, for some reason, roughly equivalent to a European "S" rating, a rating of "A" is equivalent to an "H" rating.)"

temp c maintaining 85 mph (convert that to km/hr) for thirty minutes at ambient temps. of course we know Texas have higher ambient temps than we do in the summer yet a temp c tire is able to withstand 85mph for 30 minutes?
you sir are not qualified to test or go near any testing center.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 1:36pm On Sep 02, 2017
sooperrescue:
I will not comment on any post you make until you post a photo of your London rightie tyres rated N on a ford fushion or golf 5 which are not exotic cars and being driven in summer. Then I will admit that you know what you are talking about but until then make I wish you barka d pounds
Why don't you for once quote the speed ratings for H Vand Z or T ,just so toyou know N rated tyres have a speed rating of 140km . You telling me I can't fit that to my Golf 4? ?
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by erico2k2(m): 1:39pm On Sep 02, 2017
sooperrescue:
You don't need to be sorry because you don't have an idea about how tyres work and I know we have had an intense discussion about it before. I asked a question, do you use winter tyres in summer? If no, then what do you use? Ascribing H as speed rating for exotic cars is another blunder on your part. All Toyota Corolla sold by Elizade all comes with V tyres. If U.K. speed limit is 70 Mls then that is almost 120km and you can tell us confidently that they use N rated tyres in summer. Bros, until you return to Naija, don't throw stones from U.K On a system that is completely different from ours. Show me a Ford Focus or golf 5 with a summer tyre that is rated N and post the photo. Abi Ford Focus na exotic car? If the governor happens to read this thread now, he will tend to believe that a foreign expert is talking sense meanwhile it is eastenders hangover that is still in effect.
Ahaha I laugh you still don't know most cars sold brand new in Nigeria will not pass emission or safety test in the UK and US ? ??they are made for us cos we have no auto regulations .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by ollyruffy: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
This is dead on arrival if they cannot start with all those danfo and molue vehicles.
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by mascot87(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
menstrualpad:

Why is your brain flickering like a candlelight in the wind? Why drag his wife into your nonsense

Who is this cow?
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by menstrualpad: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
mascot87:

Who is this cow?
I will like to believe you weren't raised by a cow...but its getting difficult by each comment from you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by mascot87(m): 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
menstrualpad:

Were you raised by a cow?

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by menstrualpad: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
mascot87:

Go lick your mother ass
How did your mother's taste?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by mascot87(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by menstrualpad: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
mascot87:

Go ask your father how your mum v tastes cos he has been licking it before they born a bastard like you
How did your mom's own taste in your mouth.... Was my question. Now answer that!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by mascot87(m): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2017
Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by menstrualpad: 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
mascot87:

Mumu, how old are you and how old is your father ? You are a failed soul with rotten brain. Back off foool
You shouldn't avoid the question. Just say it...how does your mom's taste?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Compulsory Computerized Vehicle Inspection by pattybf(f): 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
entparrot:

Anytime Lagos state government goes to the media to say something all of you believe them.

Lasg commissioners and directors are bunch of liars.

I have registered 3 vehicles since they started the new fee for roadworthiness, none of those vehicles goes through inspection and the vehicle registration is done mile 12 office the only thing that change is the fee.

Ministry of agriculture is running A daily advert on the radio regarding stray dogs, the commissioner issued a statement giving us numbers to call when we come across stray dogs, when we called we are told to kill the dog by ourself.
We even called the commissioner, for more than 7 weeks now, nothing will be done.

We even twitted lasg no response. What this people are interested is how to generate money they have no interest of the masses.

Someone figured it out!

Its all abt change in price, nothing more.

its automated tho, which means its a compulsory annual renewal, like that of vehicle license.

No test whatsoever, @least non until d last working day, maybe d test will start when work resumes tomorrow!

We shall see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Average Lifetime Of A Tire Is 4 Years / Newly Restored 1979 Peugeot 504. / Fatal Accident On Lagos-ore Road Leaves Many Dead (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.