Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,810 members, 7,827,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. (5140 Views)

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening / Please Help Me Am An Orphan I Need A Job To Cater For My Child And Siblings / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Africlegend: 7:43am On Aug 31, 2017
The Girl Child And Sex! When African Mothers Make Mistakes.

African Mothers are out-and-out disciplinarians. They can beat sense into a Child's brain in a flash.An average African Child knows the whereabouts of a particular rod specially contrived to romance his/her body at the slightest provocation. Beautiful enough, a black skinned child becomes a practical psychologist at a very tender age.He/she makes no faux pas in decoding mother's eyes movement. When an African Mother coughs, she's likely passing a message her children understand. A girl reading my write-up should remember how her mum would hit the ground, with her leg, in a gathering just to make a sound that would let her know she wasn't sitting properly, as she was expected to sit in a way that would not alter the dark of her privates. I would necessarily google my mother's eyes to seek approval before passing the hat on anything offered by a stranger. If not, the delicacy of the candy or sweetmeat would not be a match to the pains my body would suffer from my mum's slaps.Oh! African Mothers condone no-nonsense, it is only those children who practiced peanut stealing at their tender ages that can explain. After being beaten like he/she is disgusting, a child who steals would still be made to go hungry for hours, all in the quest to make him/her see reasons not to cozen anylonger. In my continent, parents teach their children, how to talk in public, how to dress modestly, how not to be gluttonous, how to relate with elders, how to eat without turning the plate into a drum, how to greet, how to cook, how to wake up early, how to read for exams, how to be orderly and well behaved, how to run errands without hesitation, how to pray and so many how tos, but won't cram them with how to fall in love without breaking bones, how to deal with sexual urges, how sex feels, how to relate with the opposite sex and the Natural and artificial birth controls and/or protections. So, since the failure to plan is a good plan to fail, who teaches African ladies the rudiments of sex and the different styles they explore in bed? Their mothers! How? The next paragrah!

When a sex nine-to-fiver(Olosho) is your guest for business, if you can convince her, she would prepare a very delicious meal that you would not want to exhaust in a giffee, she learnt it from her mum. Little wonder, a sex worker who is visiting for sex would still sit properly with her laps closed, she learnt that too from her mum. Don't be surprised, if a prostitute wakes you up in the morning with, "let us pray." Not her fault, she had learnt it from her parents and it's already part of her. Some Ladies were in Ekiti for the most recently conducted Jamb exams, some of my friends hooked them up and the rest is history. One of my friends complained of how one of the girls almost killed him with feeding the kitty. The question is: From where did those young ladies learn those bed smarts? Seriously, their mothers caused it in the least!

An average African Mother recites to her daughter(s) to run away from boys. She tells her children how boys could be dangerous, how the only good a boy can offer is to impregnate ladies and dump them. She only teaches her daughters how sex is a sin. Some even cage their females as much as possible, while some would threaten fire and brimstone if they ever see their daughters with boys. Many grown up African Women would even gossip their neighbours' daughters found gamboling with males, they call such girls names and treat them with disdain and contempt, but, unfortunately, the realities of life is not favourable to such disciplines. It happens that a girl programmed to stay away from boys shares space with an opposite sex in the classroom and are forced to relate. In the make ready of such ordinary ties-up, a girl finds boys more accommodating and fun to be with. She discovers how her newly found boyfriend is nothing close to the danger zone her mum has made of guys. She begins to see the lies and/or exaggerations in her mum's rhetorics and takes other steps forward. Haven discovered faults in her mum's voice, the girl then runs to friends either male or female to ask questions meant for a mother. She falls in love with one charming guy in her class. Not trusting her mum's judgement(her mum must not even hear of her falling in love) she asks her new-found lover questions meant for her mum."How does it feel like to have sex?" "Is sex really bad?" She feels some heat between her legs and discovers she's wet. Not trusting what her mum's ruling would be, she would still have to confide in her new-found guy. Believing what the guy has to say, "I will marry you," "I love you with all my heart," "I can die for you," and so many emotional convictions, the only thing stopping her from allowing the man acces to her pant is, "but my mum said sex was a sin, and that it was bad." Trust the hot guy, he has the answer already, "if sex is that bad and should be avoided, how did they come by you ? Seriously, I love you... and won't do anything to hurt you . If you love me too, allow me this once." What else do an ignorant and innocent doll face need to give in? She eats the fruit and knows what it tastes like. She now wants to enjoy it better,and wanting to blow her boy's mind in bed, she researches styles, practices, gets thumbs up, and becomes addicted.

On the other hand, girls who are fortunate to have less-unsparing mothers, who school them on love, sex, birth control etc grow up to be stronger, confident and informed. When they say 'no' they mean it. Some of them make virgins of themselves. What would a guy tell them about sex that their mums have not told them? They are independent and worship their hymen. They dream of the right man and have their standard set. Don't mind them, they already know that men are friendly, fun to be with and caring. Mum had already told them how beautiful it is to fall in love. That men are not dangerous but could do anything to get under one's pant makes sense to them. When they are getting overwhelmed with sweet talks, romantic, erotic and lovey-dovey voices, they run home to ask questions, and, trust their mums, they would be schooled most affectionately.Even when they make mistakes, they cry and tell mum everything and she knows what to do. So, it's easier for them to get back on their feet and move on.

When I become a parent, I will tell my daughter(s), how falling in love is pretty. How it is possible to be in a relationship without giving in to sex. How beautiful Hanky panky is, when delayed till the wedding night.How sex is meant only for the married. How risky it is to make love before working down the aisle.How she should feel free to introduce to me her boyfriend and how I'm always available to answer her questions on Love, sex and relationship.

Ayeni Faith Damilola is a writer, public speaker and eulogist.
faithdamilolaayeni@yahoo.com

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by laborious(m): 7:59am On Aug 31, 2017
Wow I love this!

1 Like

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 8:59am On Aug 31, 2017
This is the major reason why s.u girls suffer vaginismus in marriage. The mothers have put fear in the heart of their young daughters and they grow up with such fear even in marriage thinking that as soon as her husband gets get pregnant he'll abscond. Unfortunately this happens because they have nursed and grown their fear that it becomes reality

African moms just dont know when to stop.they let their panaroia get the better part of their daughters that it's either their daughters get averse to sex in and out of marriage, become sexually uninformed or dysfunctional

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Africlegend: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:
This is the major reason why s.u girls suffer vaginismus in marriage. The mothers have put fear in the heart of their young daughters and they grow up with such fear even in marriage thinking that as soon as her husband gets get pregnant he'll abscond. Unfortunately this happens because they have nursed and grown their fear that it becomes reality

African moms just dont know when to stop.they let their panaroia get the better part of their daughters that it's either their daughters get averse to sex in and out of marriage, become sexually uninformed or dysfunctional
U've really spoken well.

1 Like

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:

Very true i accept... which is why every man is first of all seen as a beast...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 9:21am On Aug 31, 2017
supersystemsng:

Very true i accept... which is why every man is first of all seen as a beast...
they think using fear to control them and keep them in the dark about themselves and their sexuality will make them "chaste" unfortunately it makes them sexually rigid, ignorant, completely naieve,bothering on foolishness and makes sex unpleasaurable both for them and their husbands. They're almost similar to girls that were circumsized ad children. They need sexual reorientation and counselling otherwise sex will be war and a battle field.they'll make their husbands feel they're raping them and before you know it he Will be running into the arms of other women

African mothers are ruining the sexuality of their children instead of giving them sex education they're using fear and threats. All these takes its toll on their sexual relationships

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 9:25am On Aug 31, 2017
Africlegend:

U've really spoken well.
some of these promiscuous teenagers that we see everywhere these days are a product of African mothers over disciplinarian or harassments that when it becomes too much the girls go haywire as soon as they're informed about their sexuality.they don't even care or are ready to listen to whatever their mom says because they now understand that fear is the tactics of oppressing them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 31, 2017
Africlegend:

When I become a parent, I will tell my daughter(s), how falling in love is pretty. How it is possible to be in a relationship without giving in to sex. How beautiful Hanky panky is, when delayed till the wedding night.How sex is meant only for the married. How risky it is to make love before working down the aisle.How she should feel free to introduce to me her boyfriend and how I'm always available to answer her questions on Love, sex and relationship.

Ayeni Faith Damilola is a writer, public speaker and eulogist.
faithdamilolaayeni@yahoo.com
I love the fact that you stated what you'd tell your girl-child.

First and foremost, you should know that there're mothers who had no education, came from very poor background and all they had was garbage in, garbage out. They're the crude parents you described in your first paragraph. So I don't blame them for their shortcomings 'cause people give what they have and not what they don't have.

Secondly, we have the educated and refined parents who know what to tell a girl-child and what not to but at the end of the day some of these kids still fall astray.

Obviously you won't be telling a 10yrs old sex education 'cause she may not grasp the whole concept while as you're waiting for the right time to, she may already be doing it under your nose.

Lastly, sex education is one of the most difficult conversation to have with one's child. It takes a lot for parents to do so.

6 Likes

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 11:11am On Aug 31, 2017
kimbraa:
I love the fact that you stated what you'd tell your girl-child.

First and foremost, you should know that there're mothers who had no education, came from very poor background and all they had was garbage in, garbage out. There're the crude parents you described in your first paragraph. So I don't blame them for their shortcomings 'cause people give what they have and not what they don't have.

Secondly, we have the educated and refined parents who know what to tell a girl-child and what not to but at the end of the day some of these kids still fall astray.

Obviously you won't be telling a 10yrs old sex education 'cause she may not grasp the whole concept while as you're waiting for the right time to, she may already be doing it under your nose.

Lastly, sex education is one of the most difficult conversation to have with one's child. It takes a lot for parents to do so.
what's difficult about sex education? Look let me tell you something if you don't give your daughters sex education, the boys in the street and on campus including lecturers will give them sex education and while at it take advantage of their naievity.I work in a university environment, I know what I'm talking about. Wait first let one office clerk see her sitting alone on campus by the veranda department and she confides in that one and pours out her heart to him and watch how that office clerk starts making her feel loved,important and before you know it he's taking her to hotels to teach her the practicals of sex education

I don't know what's with women and thinking fear is an instrument that will last long instead of sex education forgetting that there are wolves lurking around and easily spot sexually naieve and ignorant girls

IF YOU DON'T GIVE YOUR DAUGHTERS SEX EDUCATION, PEOPLE YOU CANNOT EVEN STAND ONE ON ONE WITH WILL BE THE ONES GIVING YOUR DAUGHTERS SEX EDUCATION OR FOKEEN YOUR DAUGHTERS. THAT'S WHY WE HEAR OF SECONDARY SCHOOL GATEMAN FOKEEN JSS2 CHILDREN OR CORPERS LURING THEIR STUDENTS TO THEIR HOUSE TO Bleep THEM OR YOUR DRIVERS SLEEPING WITH YOUR DAUGHTERS UNDER YOUR NOSE.

THESE ARE THE KINDS OF PEOPLE THAT WILL GIVE YOUR DAUGHTERS SEX EDUCATION AND IN THE COURSE OF IT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER.IF SHE'S LUCKY AND SHE DOESN'T GET PREGNANT SHE MAY BECOME SERIALLY PROMISCUOUS

LACK OF SEX EDUCATION IS WHY YOUR OWN DRIVER OR MESSENGER WILL BE FOKEEN YOUR DAUGHTER UNDER YOUR NOSE IN YOUR OWN HOUSE AND STILL TAKE HER FOR ABORTION AND USE THE SALARY YOU'RE PAYING HIM (YOUR OWN MONEY) TO CARRY HER FOR ABORTION.

Means teenagers will rather confide in every other person except their mom or dad because they know they'll be shouted on,threatened,yelled at without even listening and understanding her verbal and non verbal communication

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:
what's difficult about sex education? Look let me tell you something if you don't give your daughters sex education, the boys in the street and on campus including lecturers will give them sex education and while at it take advantage of their naievity.I work in a university environment, I know what I'm talking about. Wait first let one office clerk see her sitting alone on campus by the veranda department and she confides in that one and pours out her heart to him and watch how that office clerk starts making her feel loved,important and before you know it he's taking her to hotels to teach her the practicals of sex education

I don't know what's with women and thinking fear is an instrument that will last long instead of sex education forgetting that there are wolves lurking around and easily spot sexually naieve and ignorant girls

IF YOU DON'T GIVE YOUR DAUGHTERS SEX EDUCATION, PEOPLE YOU CANNOT EVEN STAND ONE ON ONE WITH WILL BE THE ONES GIVING YOUR DAUGHTERS SEX EDUCATION OR FOKEEN YOUR DAUGHTERS. THAT'S WHY WE HEAR OF SECONDARY SCHOOL GATEMAN FOKEEN JSS2 CHILDREN OR CORPERS LURING THEIR STUDENTS TO THEIR HOUSE TO Bleep THEM OR YOUR DRIVERS SLEEPING WITH YOUR DAUGHTERS UNDER YOUR NOSE.

THESE ARE THE KINDS OF PEOPLE THAT WILL GIVE YOUR DAUGHTERS SEX EDUCATION AND IN THE COURSE OF IT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER.IF SHE'S LUCKY AND SHE DOESN'T GET PREGNANT SHE MAY BECOME SERIALLY PROMISCUOUS

LACK OF SEX EDUCATION IS WHY YOUR OWN DRIVER OR MESSENGER WILL BE FOKEEN YOUR DAUGHTER UNDER YOUR NOSE IN YOUR OWN HOUSE AND STILL TAKE HER FOR ABORTION AND USE THE SALARY YOU'RE PAYING HIM (YOUR OWN MONEY) TO CARRY HER FOR ABORTION

What an orgasm.... grin

Fantastic viewpoint...
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 11:27am On Aug 31, 2017
supersystemsng:

What an orgasm.... grin

Fantastic viewpoint...
parents keep shouting, threatening and making their children feel abnormal because they tell them about how their bodies feel sexually.why won't people you don't envisage listen to them when you're not ready to listen to them.many parents are drama queens and drama kings any small thing they're yelling and shouting. Every little issue is blown out of proportion so you think the girl will not rather talk to a male lecturer who's ready to listen to her or her boyfriend Rather than her parents?

Like I said earlier I work in a university environment so I saw a girl who was pregnant by a boy who sells phones and phone chatger in school.throughout she refused to go on holiday. Once she hears or sights her parents are coming, she will run away. She was so scared of her parents. Eventually she gave birth in school.

It was after she gave birth that the mid wives were able to beg her and pet her that she shouldn't worry,she should give them her parents number that they won't shout at you or disgrace you.don't worry I'm here,we will defend you.that was when she was relaxed to give them her parents number.

So they called her mom and congratulated her that she's a grandmother now.the mother said she doesn't understand, grandmother as how? She said her daughter with the name abcd has given birth that she's in so and so hospital

As typical, the mother was coming spitting fire and venom,creating drama and shouting all over the place.she had to be educated that that's why your daughter cannot even trust you or confide in you because you're too lousy.you make everything chaotic.it was at that point she calmed down.for 9 months they were looking for the girl not knowing she was avoiding them

Now would the trust issues or pregnancy have arisen if she wasn't someone that emotionally and verbally abuses her daughter?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:
parents keep shouting, threatening and making their children feel abnormal because they tell them about how their bodies feel.why won't people you don't envisage listen to them when you're not ready to listen to them.many parents are drama queens and drama kings any small thing they're yelling and shouting. Every little issue is blown out of proportion so you think the girl will not rather talk to a male lecturer who's ready to listen to her or her boyfriend Rather than her parents?

Like I said earlier I work in a university environment so I saw a girl who was pregnant by a boy who sells phones and phone chatger in school.throughout she refused to go on holiday. Once she hears or sights her parents are coming, she will run away. She was so scared of her parents. Eventually she gave birth in school.

It was after she gave birth that the mid wives were able to beg her and pet her that she shouldn't worry,she should give them her parents number that they won't shout at you or disgrace you.don't worry I'm here,we will defend you.that was when she was relaxed to give them her parents number.

So they called her mom and congratulated her that she's a grandmother now.the mother said she doesn't understand, grandmother as how? She said her daughter with the name abcd has given birth that she's in so and so hospital

As typical, the mother was coming spitting fire and venom,creating drama and shouting all over the place.she had to be educated that that's why your daughter cannot even trust you or confide in you because you're too lousy.you make everything chaotic.it was at that point she calmed down.for 9 months they were looking for the girl not knowing she was avoiding them

Now would the trust issues or pregnancy have arisen if she wasn't someone that emotionally and verbally abuses her daughter?

Oh my God...May God help us raise good children, you know when ladies fall in love, nobody cans top them....what a terrible story...I hope to raise Goldy females and will talk to them like my father talked with me daily until i reached 11 years old...still building my life around the stuffs my dad thought me.... grin
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 11:36am On Aug 31, 2017
supersystemsng:

Oh my God...May God help us raise good children, you know when ladies fall in love, nobody cans top them....what a terrible story...I hope to raise Goldy females and will talk to them like my father talked with me daily until i reached 11 years old...still building my life around the stuffs my dad thought me.... grin
African parents need to change their orientation. Towards raising female children that are maturing.this world is too dangerous for you to be telling your daughter to stay away from boys instead of telling her how to be sexually safe and not be in a vulnerable position sexually and how it's normal for your hormones to be raging

Instead they'll be saying you need deliverance, you're suffering from spirit husband, yore already following boys and all of that crap

1 Like

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2017
Cococandy you have a daughter so come and put mouth for the matter
Ifyalways
Tearoses
Efemena
Kanwuliajara
Etc
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by DarkRebel69: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:
parents keep shouting, threatening and making their children feel abnormal because they tell them about how their bodies feel sexually.why won't people you don't envisage listen to them when you're not ready to listen to them.many parents are drama queens and drama kings any small thing they're yelling and shouting. Every little issue is blown out of proportion so you think the girl will not rather talk to a male lecturer who's ready to listen to her or her boyfriend Rather than her parents?

I venture to say that religion is the root-cause of why so many African parents are obdurate prigs in re the issue of bequeathing sexual education to their female (and male) children.
When even a mention of the word "sex" in a typical Nigerian church stirs tension amongst the congregation, causing them to shift their buttocks on the pews in a fit of ''uncomfortability'' - as if to say the act of sex is not a natural phenomenon but some vile, alien, and physical manifestation of human degradation in the nth degree.

I think the problem that the OP talked about stems from the fact that we've afforded too much undue sacredness and reverence to something that's only a biological imperative, something that's arguably as mundane as the act of urination - no thanks again to religion and its attendant morass of arbitrary moral fiats.

Even you –dangotesmummy– are guilty in some way of the very misdemeanour you deplore, even though you do not realize it. In one of your spiels on this thread you used the phrase "serially promiscuous" - a phrase which bears the unmistaken undertone of derogation.
Tell me, if one were roundly intimated with the dangers of having multiple sexual partners and is also up-to-the-nose on the various prophylactic measures that significantly lessen the risks of contracting STDs, would it constitute a moral crime if such an individual – male or female – decides to be unsparing in the quantity of his/her sexual partners?

When you use the phrase "serially promiscuous" aka "olosho", you telegraph the idea that keeping multiple sexual partners is by itself a sin and morally unhealthy, and I don't see how that makes you any different from those prude African parents who sermonize to their daughters on the depravity of sex as a way of deterring their blithely naïve minds from indulging in the act --- except of course that all their sermons prove in the long-run to be royally counter-productive.

1 Like

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
DarkRebel69:

I venture to say that religion is the root-cause of why so many African parents are obdurate prigs in re the issue of bequeathing sexual education to their female (and male) children.
When even a mention of the word "sex" in a typical Nigerian church stirs tension amongst the congregation, causing them to shift their buttocks on the pews in a fit of ''uncomfortability'' - as if to say the act of sex is not a natural phenomenon but some vile, alien, and physical manifestation of human degradation in the nth degree.

I think the problem that the OP talked about stems from the fact that we've afforded too much undue sacredness and reverence to something that's only a biological imperative, something that's arguably as mundane as the act of urination - no thanks again to religion and its attendant morass of arbitrary moral fiats.

Even you –dangotesmummy– are guilty in some way of the very misdemeanour you deplore, even though you do not realize it. In one of your spiels on this thread you used the phrase "serially promiscuous" - a phrase which bears the unmistaken undertone of derogation.
Tell me, if one were roundly intimated with the dangers of having multiple sexual partners and is also up-to-the-nose on the various prophylactic measures that significantly lessen the risks of contracting STDs, would it constitute a moral crime if such an individual – male or female – decides to be unsparing in the quantity of his/her sexual partners?

When you use the phrase "serially promiscuous" aka "olosho", you telegraph the idea that keeping multiple sexual partners is by itself a sin and morally unhealthy, and I don't see how that makes you any different from those prude African parents who sermonize to their daughters on the depravity of sex as a way of deterring their blithely naïve minds from indulging the act --- except of course that all their sermons prove in the long-run to be royally counter-productive.
try and understand my message.I'm not downplaying sex or anything of sort.by serially promiscuous I mean a boy of girl having casual sex with just anybody just because he or she is ho" rney at that moment and mind you there's nothing wrong about have sex albeit be responsible about it as opposed to engaging in casual reckless sex with multiple sex partners who you don't know their sexual history. Now this isn't for morality or religious sakes,its about putting your health on the line for fre minutes pleasure.

I'm an advocate of if a girl has a boyfriend or if a boy has a girlfriend she/he should face their partner only and not be engaging in promiscuity for the sake of your HEALTH I.e being vulnerable to STDs, HIV and sexual diseases that's my point

Do you understand?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by DarkRebel69: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:
try and understand my message.I'm not downplaying sex or anything of sort.by serially promiscuous I mean a boy of girl having casual sex with just anybody just because he or she is ho" rney at that moment and mind you there's nothing wrong about have sex albeit be responsible about it as opposed to engaging in casual reckless sex with multiple sex partners who you don't know their sexual history. Now this isn't for morality or religious sakes,its about putting your health on the line for fre minutes pleasure.

I'm an advocate of if a girl has a boyfriend or if a boy has a girlfriend she/he should face their partner only and not be engaging in promiscuity for the sake of your HEALTH I.e being vulnerable to STDs, HIV and sexual diseases that's my point

Do you understand?

Now that you've laid it out in unambiguous terms your position is understood much better.

2 Likes

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 1:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
grin
DarkRebel69:

Now that you've laid it out in unambiguous terms your position is understood much better.

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by DarkRebel69: 2:03pm On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:
grin

Who's the woman in the picture, the one in green dress?
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Who's the woman in the picture, the one in green dress?
that's mide martins.a Yoruba actress
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Africlegend: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
[quote author=DarkRebel69 post=59999221]

When you use the phrase "serially promiscuous" aka "olosho", you telegraph the idea that keeping multiple sexual partners is by itself a sin and morally unhealthy, and I don't see how that makes you any different from those prude African parents who sermonize to their daughters on the depravity of sex as a way of deterring their blithely naïve minds from indulging the act --- except of course that all their sermons prove in the
Morals is necessary in building humans. Even outside the risk of STDs, ladies can still be decent, but, being sexually decent and/or modest should be a personal thing. The problem with Nigerian Mothers is, they exagerate moral laws. The fact that you don't want your daughter to be promiscuous doesn't mean you should make her ignorant. I will teach my Children morals but won't go beyond basic principles of living. I will teach them morals but won't force it on them. I will also reveal sex and sexual urges to them in their ordinariness. I will not yell at them but be attentive. I will not shout at them but be quite sparing. In fact, I will let my daughter know the beauty of preserving her hymen for her husband. In all, When she's old enough, I will let her make decisions but will be there to always guide her.
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Africlegend: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
DarkRebel69:

When you use the phrase "serially promiscuous" aka "olosho", you telegraph the idea that keeping multiple sexual partners is by itself a sin and morally unhealthy, and I don't see how that makes you any different from those prude African parents who sermonize to their daughters on the depravity of sex as a way of deterring their blithely naïve minds from indulging the act --- except of course that all their sermons prove in the long-run to be royally counter-productive.
Morals is necessary in building humans. Even outside the risk of STDs, ladies can still be decent, but, being sexually decent and/or modest should be a personal thing. The problem with Nigerian Mothers is, they exagerate moral laws. The fact that you don't want your daughter to be promiscuous doesn't mean you should make her ignorant. I will teach my Children morals but won't go beyond basic principles of living. I will teach them morals but won't force it on them. I will also reveal sex and sexual urges to them in their ordinariness. I will not yell at them but be attentive. I will not shout at them but be quite sparing. In fact, I will let my daughter know the beauty of preserving her hymen for her husband. In all, When she's old enough, I will let her make decisions but will be there to always guide her.
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2017
In a nutshell, discuss s.ex with your daughter but condemn it until she is married. grin undecided
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by DarkRebel69: 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
Africlegend:

Sex is a biological activity, and when you begin to affix morality with it you're in essence attempting to superimpose a constraining cap on the course of nature. We might as well reason that "breathing" is a staple postulate for living but that "breathing too often" is an immoral avocation, since that's precisely the same ratiocination used to justify the demonisation of "promiscuous sex".

Another thing, who decides what is moral and what is immoral?

"Preserving her hymen for her husband"...? Don't you think you'd unwittingly be inculcating the notion in your daughters that their "hymen" is akin to a mere commodity, one that needs to be preserved up till the point of marriage, otherwise they risk venturing into marriage not as complete women but as "half-used chattel"?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Sex is a biological activity, and when you begin to affix morality with it you're in essence attempting to superimpose a constraining cap on the course of nature. We might as well reason that "breathing" is a staple postulate for living but that "breathing too often" is an immoral avocation, since that's precisely the same ratiocination used to justify the demonisation of "promiscuous sex".

"Preserving her hymen for her husband"...? Don't you think you'd unwittingly be inculcating the notion in your daughters that their "hymen" is akin to a mere commodity, one that needs to be preserved up till the point of marriage, otherwise they risk venturing into marriage not as complete women but as "half-used chattel"?

Girls are not supposed to have any s.exual desires. And if it happens, it is the devil's work, it must be killed by fire by force.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
DarkRebel69:

exactly my point. That's why you see virgins bereft of character because you've made them assume Virginity is the only sustainable way to make your marriage work and then later the hypocritical men will come and be ranting about how Virginity is iverrated .the same people always judging women about being sexually loose will be the same person judging her she's inexperienced

If she marries as a virgin-shes green and naieve
If she no marry as a Virgin- she's loose

So in essence societal standards have failed.just set up your own standards and live by it.shikena
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
Mindfulness:

Girls are not supposed to have any s.exual desires. And if it happens, it is the devil's work, it must be killed by fire by force.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by DarkRebel69: 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2017
Mindfulness:

That explains the steep differential libido between male adults and female adults in the world today, and precisely what goads the popular misconception that men think more about sex than women do - an assertion that couldn't be more wrong.

It's an hypothesis of mine that both men and women used to be shameless, ultra-sexual animals, who frolicked beneath the sheets with whomever they wanted and whenever it tickled their bestial fancy. I theorize, too, that mileniums of "slut-shaming" have deadened the sensual carapace of the female folks, coercing them into a shell of sexual reticence, so that they're mandated to keep whatever sensual thoughts they might conceive of to themselves or risk being branded a slut.

It's a form of sexual natural selection, I think i.e. the more society "slut-shamed", the more females had to stifle their sexuality as way of calibrating their dance steps to the tune of the slut-shaming flute. But I find elation in the fact that the pattern is being deviated from, to some extent at least.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by NoToPile: 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
What about those that our African mothers system worked for ? what of those that actually turned out good. There are some people that the "run away from boys and sex is a sin " statement worked for. I believe it worked for some people.

I accept that our mums can go to the extreme anyway

I would educate my daughter about sex and also tell her to keep it till she's married.
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by DarkRebel69: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2017
dangotesmummy:
exactly my point. That's why you see virgins bereft of character because you've made them assume Virginity is the only sustainable way to make your marriage work and then later the hypocritical men will come and be ranting about how Virginity is iverrated .the same people always judging women about being sexually loose will be the same person judging her she's inexperienced

If she marries as a virgin-shes green and naieve
If she no marry as a Virgin- she's loose

So in essence societal standards have failed.just set up your own standards and live by it.shikena

Men who castigate single women who do not draw the reins on their sexuality and yet get into marriage with a virgin while expecting her to be as sexually dexterous as a Cherokee d'ass would be, are like HRs who want to employ a 22-year old with 35 years of working experience. Outrightly ridiculous. grin

Virginity? Pfft! It's only shallow and simple-minded individuals who would use something as triffling as the state of a woman's hymen as an index of her personality. Why do you think such metric only has firm rooting in African soil? Africans are leagues behind the rest of the world, so it shouldn't come as surprise that while countries in enlightened continents are making scientific in-roads and inventing cutting-edge technology, Nigerians are in a little corner of the world, squeaking like a family of rats and debating effusively over the tensile strength of a woman's hymen. Talk about grand misplacement of priorities.

Take for instance these two women:

I.) Woman A was born with a very low libido and maintaining her virginity until marriage would require little effort from her

II.) Woman B's libido on the other hand is on over-drive and it would require more effort and self-discipline on her part if she intends to keep her hymen in pristine form.

If Woman B, in two or three instances of blind lust, has sex with two different men, would we then say that makes woman A the better of the two?

I can't predict the future, but I can predict what my future self would want, and that is: a woman who can stimulate me mentally in many-sided ways, a woman who is of quiet and studious habits, who is beautiful and generous in those areas of the female anatomy that my lustful eyes have always found most appealing; a woman who can offer me adequate emotional buffer in those trying times when my wits and nerves fail me; a woman who is caring, loving, and who is a repository of worldly knowledge, and on whose wisdom I can rely on to serve as salutary and edifying influence on my kids.

Virginity does not make a woman have all those qualities I've listed out, and since I'm not one to rank exterior trivialities over inner qualities, I unapologetically say: "To hell with virginity".

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Men who castigate single women who do not draw the reins on their sexuality and yet get into marriage with a virgin while expecting her to be as sexually dexterous as a Cherokee d'ass would be, are like HRs who want to employ a 22-year old with 35 years of working experience. Outrightly ridiculous. grin

Virginity? Pfft! It's only shallow and simple-minded individuals who would use something as triffling as the state of a woman's hymen as an index of her personality. Why do you think such metric only has firm rooting in African soil? Africans are leagues behind the rest of the world, so it shouldn't come as surprise that while countries in enlightened continents are making scientific in-roads and inventing cutting-edge technology, Nigerians are in a little corner of the world, squeaking like a family of rats and debating effusively over the tensile strength of a woman's hymen. Talk about grand misplacement of priorities.

Take for instance these two women:

I.) Woman A was born with a very low libido and maintaining her virginity until marriage would require little effort from her

II.) Woman B's libido on the other hand is on over-drive and it would require more effort and self-discipline on her part if she intends to keep her hymen in pristine form.

If Woman B, in two or three instances of blind lust, has sex with two different men, would we then say that makes woman A the better of the two?

I can't predict the future, but I can predict what my future self would want, and that is: a woman who can stimulate me mentally in many-sided ways, a woman who is of quiet and studious habits, who is beautiful and generous in those areas of the female anatomy that my lustful eyes have always found most appealing; a woman who can offer me adequate emotional buffer in those trying times when my wits and nerves fail me; a woman who is caring, loving, and who is a repository of worldly knowledge, and on whose wisdom I can rely on to serve as salutary and edifying influence on my kids.

Virginity does not make a woman have all those qualities I've listed out, and since I'm not one to rank exterior trivialities over inner qualities, I unapologetically say: "To hell with virginity".
exactly
Re: The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. by dangotesmummy: 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2017
DarkRebel69:

That explains the steep differential libido between male adults and female adults in the world today, and precisely what goads the popular misconception that men think more about sex than women do - an assertion that couldn't be more wrong.

It's an hypothesis of mine that both men and women used to be shameless, ultra-sexual animals, who frolicked beneath the sheets with whomever they wanted and whenever it tickled their bestial fancy. I theorize, too, that mileniums of "slut-shaming" have deadened the sensual carapace of the female folks, coercing them into a shell of sexual reticence, so that they're mandated to keep whatever sensual thoughts they might conceive of to themselves or risk being branded a slut.

It's a form of sexual natural selection, I think i.e. the more society "slut-shamed", the more females had to stifle their sexuality as way of calibrating their dance steps to the tune of the slut-shaming flute. But I find elation in the fact that the pattern is being deviated from, to some extent at least.
gbammmmmm.sooo on point. You've said it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With Disloyal Friends? / I'm New In Lagos, I Need Good Friends / I Have A Family Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.