Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? (3874 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Christian To Obtain A Chieftaincy Title? / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Peacefullove: 8:59am On Aug 31, 2017
If a Christian wine and dine with others during Sallah celebration, is it wrong ?

#Your views
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Augustvisitor: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2017
Peacefullove:

If a Christian observe Sallah celebration , is it wrong ?

#Your views

Debatable
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Peacefullove: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2017
Augustvisitor:

Debatable
Really ?
lets Call Lalasticlala then
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Peacefullove: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2017
Augustvisitor:

Debatable

Really ?

lets Call Lalasticlala and Mynd44 then
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Uyi168: 9:03am On Aug 31, 2017
Juju nor get food..sallah nor get food...
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by pizzylee(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2017
its just another meat....I see no difference BTW salah meat n non salah meat
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Peacefullove: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2017
Uyi168:
Juju nor get food..sallah nor get food...

Uyi, Abeg explain wetin u write
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Peacefullove: 9:07am On Aug 31, 2017
pizzylee:
its just another meat....I see no difference BTW salah meat n non salah meat

Pizzy, hmm ... But Going by the Christian religion , its right ?
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by zionmade1: 9:12am On Aug 31, 2017
the answer all lies in 1corr 8
Now whether its right or wrong doesnt depend on the meat or to whom the meat was sacrificed to. Now it depends on ur conscience and whether the eating of the meat will offend ur neighbor or affect the faith. In a certain instance paul said, for the sake of ur conscience dont ask for the source of the meat, just give thanks and eat

Now as Christians we know that sallah ram is dedicated to the devil (No apologies to muslims, thats why am a christian) and u know it, then why go ahead and eat wat will prick ur conscience?

2 Likes

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2017
Do you have the holy Spirit?
Ask him and he will direct you.

1 Like

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by pizzylee(m): 9:17am On Aug 31, 2017
Peacefullove:

Pizzy, hmm ... But Going by the Christian religion , its right ?
I'd like to b proved wrong... wat part of d religion suggests DT a Christian shldnt eat salah meat
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Uyi168: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2017
Peacefullove:

Uyi, Abeg explain wetin u write
one can go ahead and eat sallah food..even as a christian..
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by SuperSuave(m): 9:21am On Aug 31, 2017
I think the meat is a sacrifice to God following the path of Abraham in the bible/Quran, I eat it anyways
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 31, 2017
i am nt a religious boy but i could recall what Jesus Christ Said and keep saying In Matthew 15:11 "nt wat goes into someone's mouth that defile him..." u cn read d rest

but it is important to take a practical look at it, if a muslim who calls u manner of names (such pagan kafri etc) brings u the sacrificial meat don't even collect/accept it let alone to get into ur house but if a muslim who sees that we are first human b4 religion and eat /accept ur easter or christmas gifts then i wil say eat it(the meat) joyfully.

2 Likes

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by iamgenius(m): 9:27am On Aug 31, 2017
zionmade1:
Now whether its right or wrong doesnt depend on the meat or to whom the meat was sacrificed to. Now it depends on ur conscience and whether the eating of the meat will offend ur neighbor or affect the faith. In a certain instance paul said, for the sake of ur conscience dont ask for the source of the meat, just give thanks and eat

Now as Christians we know that sallah ram is dedicated to the devil (No apologies to muslims, thats why am a christian) and u know it, then why go ahead and eat wat will prick ur conscience?
Fool, why do you hate Abraham? Dont you follow his ways anymore?

1 Like

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by zionmade1: 9:30am On Aug 31, 2017
iamgenius:
Fool, why do you hate Abraham? Dont you follow his ways anymore?
wat i said is a belief of all christians, so deal with it.
i wont report u for calling me a fool.
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by iamgenius(m): 9:34am On Aug 31, 2017
zionmade1:

wat i said is a belief of all christians, so deal with it.
i wont report u for calling me a fool.
Then, who will change the religion of Abraham?(check it in ur bible). You are changing the religion of Abraham. I Pity You SMH
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by zionmade1: 9:40am On Aug 31, 2017
iamgenius:
Then, who will change the religion of Abraham?(check it in ur bible). You are changing the religion of Abraham. I Pity You SMH
from the bible i follow, from the Jesus i follow allah is a devil. I dont care wat u want to think about it. Christianity and islam is not related in anyway. the same way i see a muslim is the same way i see an ifa,amadioha,witch,wizard etc. And i know wat exactly muslims think about christians, so lets not deceive ourselves here. Am not here to argue that, i just gave my answer to wat OP asked so give ur answer and stay off my mention. I wonder why a muslim will comment here wen christians are not allowed to comment on islamic threads

3 Likes

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by dalaman: 9:47am On Aug 31, 2017
Muslims don't eat christmas meat and food because they believe it's idolatry. Sallah meat is idolatry as well since it's some kind of sacrifice to the Islamic God.
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by holatin(m): 9:56am On Aug 31, 2017
zionmade1:

re you kidding me ? salah ram is dedicated to Satan ?

funny enough you go dey abuse shekau, whereas you aren't different from shekau.

Mr man you aren't a Christian cus a Christian who read his Bible and believe in God won't write the most stupid and unGodly thing on net.

hell fire fall on you

3 Likes

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by zionmade1: 9:59am On Aug 31, 2017
holatin:

Mr man you aren't a Christian cus a Christian who read his Bible and believe in God won't write the most stupid and unGodly thing on net.

hell fire fall on you

The truth pain right
I said wat every Christian believes, unlike ur jihadist brothers that hide the true message of islam and bomb everywhere
Yes according to my bible ALLAH is a devil, live with that.
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by iamgenius(m): 10:43am On Aug 31, 2017
zionmade1:

from the bible i follow, from the Jesus i follow allah is a devil. I dont care wat u want to think about it. Christianity and islam is not related in anyway. the same way i see a muslim is the same way i see an ifa,amadioha,witch,wizard etc. And i know wat exactly muslims think about christians, so lets not deceive ourselves here. Am not here to argue that, i just gave my answer to wat OP asked so give ur answer and stay off my mention. I wonder why a muslim will comment here wen christians are not allowed to comment on islamic threads
Christian Arab also worship allah, as it is stated in the arabic version of the bible. You just insulted the christian arabs for worshipping devil. Everybody is allowed to comment on any islamic threads.
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by zionmade1: 11:17am On Aug 31, 2017
iamgenius:
Christian Arab also worship allah, as it is stated in the arabic version of the bible. You just insulted the christian arabs for worshipping devil. Everybody is allowed to comment on any islamic threads.
everybody indeed after accepting an oath
the christian arabs dont worship the allah u re sacrificing that ram to. Stop deceiving urself.
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by powerkey: 11:55am On Aug 31, 2017
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
Do not associate, do not bond, do not eat with unbelievers, simple...
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by 701ecilana: 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
Any Christian who eats Sallah food is either an ignorant Christian or a disobedient one.

However, if you are invited to dinner and someone there says, “This meat was offered to idols,” then graciously refrain from eating it. Since your associate obviously considers the meat to be “tainted” by the idols, do not eat it for his conscience’s sake—even though your own conscience is fine. The Christian glorifies God when he limits his freedom for the spiritual benefit of others.

1. Who is Allah?
Allah is a pre islamic moon god called hubal before muhammed was born. That muhamad claimed it's the same with Yahweh because he calls him God, doesn't make allah God or the same as Yahweh. If they are the same, their Modus Operandi won't differ.

2. Why is the ritual which brings about the meat done?

Do we even know that before any ram or whatever animal is used in this ritual is slaughtered any where else in the world, one animal gets killed in a certain manner and it's blood poured in a specific location in Saudi Arabia as an offering to a deity? And, the same enchantment made is the same enchantment they all will make as they kill the rams everywhere in the world?

That is what is called meat sacrificed to idols.
Acts:15:29
That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

1 Like

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by 701ecilana: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
iamgenius:
Taa, that's not true. Why then are they being killed every day? Why do you lie like this? These lies where told then when we couldn't verify these claims, but today we can. Do you have YouTube? I do. I listen to testimonies, i watch everything happening down there. If the Arab Christians worship allah, why then is there still conversions from Islam to Christianity in the Arab world? Why not just worship allah as a Christian?

That allah is called god doesn't make allah the same as Yahweh. Anyone who takes allah to be Yahweh is an idol worshipper.

1 Like

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by 701ecilana: 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
holatin:

hell fire fall on you
Who is allah? Isn't allah satan?
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by Nobody: 4:40am On Sep 01, 2017
zionmade1:

Abeg wee u keep quiet? Devil ko, satan nii.
How is it dedicated to devil? They call your "God" Jehova and they call their "God", Allah does not mean yours have to be the true God.
You are nothing but a religious islamaphobe.

1 Like

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by zionmade1: 6:46am On Sep 01, 2017
Arondizuogu:

How is it dedicated to devil? They call your "God" Jehova and they call their "God", Allah does not mean yours have to be the true God.
Are u done with ur imbecillic rants
The amadioha priest in ur village calls Chineke, does it translate to the same one i call?
As a christians we believe allah is a demon, Yes i am islamophobic, if u love islam so much come to borno state and be my guest. or u shut up and remain in that ur small bushy village

3 Likes

Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by analice107: 8:44am On Sep 01, 2017
iamgenius:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Abraham never had any religion, stop believing Islamic lies.
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by analice107: 8:50am On Sep 01, 2017
Arondizuogu:

A religious Islamophobe? lol
Re: NL Christians , Is It Wrong For a Christian To EAT Sallah Meat ? by analice107: 8:51am On Sep 01, 2017
zionmade1:

Are u done with ur imbecillic rants
The amadioha priest in ur village calls Chineke, does it translate to the same one i call?
As a christians we believe allah is a demon, Yes i am islamophobic, if u love islam so much come to borno state and be my guest. or u shut up and remain in that ur small bushy village
Don't mind him. Amadioha is not called Chineke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robin & Robin Bullock Prophesy About America And Her Election / Wish Nairalanders A Happy Easter/Long Holiday / The Goddess Of All Witches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.