Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra (2071 Views)

African Rights Commission Tells President Buhari What To Do Regarding IPOB, Kanu / IPOB: Kanu Not Being Held By Nigerian Govt, May Be Hiding – Lai Mohammed / IPOB, Kanu Should Not Be Taken For Granted, It's Time To Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by SaiNigeria: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
The leadership of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) headed by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu yesterday rejected the plea of the governors of the Southeast zone of Nigeria during a meeting between the pro-Biafra group and the politicians. We were reliably informed by an insider that after long hours of the closed door meeting at the Enugu Government House, the governors were unable to convince Kanu to drop his agitation for Biafra.

Also, the meeting failed to stop his threat against the November 18 governorship election in Anambra state, our reporter gathered. The governors were said to have invited Kanu to discuss issues concerning the alleged violation of his bail conditions for which the Federal Government had asked an Abuja High court to issue an order to re-arrest him

''They called him and pleaded he talks to his supporters to relapse on IPOB pursuit; he brought out his phone and showed them a picture of the crowd in one of the IPOB rallies saying:

"These are the people that sent me. I didn't send myself. If you leaders genuinely love this land and her people, you will not call these people my supporters but our supporters. They are pursuing the most sacred cause in life. That is freedom!
You don't kill people who are begging for breathe and life. It is sacrilegious but you have done such.
Biafrans want freedom which is life"..

Another issue of concern to the governors was the Biafra Security Service (BSS), which Kanu reportedly inaugurated at Umuahia, Abia state, an act the police described as unlawful.

During the meeting which was attended by constitutional lawyer, Prof Ben Nwabueze and Deputy Secretary General, Igbo Leaders of Thought (ILT), Evangelist Elliot Uko, Kanu was said to have remained adamant on restoration of Biafra.
“They begged him to drop Biafra agitation but he shook his head. That’s why they decided to have further discussions with him and his group,” the insider said.

But Ebonyi State Governor and Chairman of the Southeast Governors Forum, Dave Umahi had assured that the governors would continue to have further dialogue with the leadership of IPOB.

http://www.thebiafraherald.co/2017/08/ipob-kanu-rejects-southeast-govs-plea.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by SaiNigeria: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
No NADECO scenario here cool cool

3 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
That man should be rearrested already. He is causing Havoc daily. Recruiting touts and empowering miscreants and Street urchins. This should not be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by SaiNigeria: 12:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
That man should be rearrested already. He is causing Havoc daily. Recruiting touts and empowering miscreants and Street urchins. This should not be.

I thought you guys were EMPOWERED with the whistle...blow it so they can rearrest Kanu cheesy cheesy

22 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by Orodje(m): 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

why the hate bro? these people want their own country, is it by force to remain in Nigeria

I'm not sure Ipob is gonna be realize soon though because your leaders are selfish; if only you guys should be united as one then its a yes coz right now the FG and international communities does not take you serious just my opinion though

8 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by ESDKING: 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
Good one from Nwachineke, I knew he would never compromise.

The day Kanu would compromise( which will never happen) is the day skull miners will start licking his @sss like they lick Uwazurike's own.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by FellepHq(m): 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
but why?

Get a website design service for just 5000 only visit [color=#000099](wealtharoundyou.com) to get this offer.[/color]
Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
Orodje:

why the hate bro? these people want their own country, is it by force to remain in Nigeria

I'm not sure Ipob is gonna be realize soon though because your leaders are selfish; if only you guys should be united as one then its a yes coz right now the FG and international communities does not take you serious just my opinion though

No hate bro. If I was biased I would take sides with him. But I am an Apostle of truth. Kanu is ill mannered and poorly trained. He openly said the black man is cursed and below the white man, that if he was white he would kill all black men. Such man cannot and should not be taken seriously. He is a possessed miscreant that deserves no attention. The real Igbo are weary of him. If he actualizes Biafra, HS has no love in his heart to hold the nation together. Biafra might be achieved but not through Ipob, for Ipob are miscreants.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by SaiNigeria: 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

No hate bro. If I was biased I would take sides with him. But I am an Apostle of truth. Kanu is ill mannered and poorly trained. He openly said the black man is cursed and below the white man, that if he was white he would kill all black men. Such man cannot and should not be taken seriously. He is a possessed miscreant that deserves no attention. The real Igbo are weary of him. If he actualizes Biafra, HS has no love in his heart to hold the nation together. Biafra might be achieved but not through Ipob, for Ipob are miscreants.

IPOB are miscreants yet they are drawing international recognition and support. Kanu is a miscreant yet the south east governors are trembling and forced to listen to a pro-Biafranist for the first time ever.

So tell me exactly how you want Kanu to go by the agitation.

14 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by RisingSun1: 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
This Governors don't really know KANU
No amount of plea or threat will make him succumb

12 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
He should tame "his" supporters? Eastern politicians are disgrace to the igbos!

6 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by kingxsamz(m): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
ok
Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by SaiNigeria: 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
YoungDaNaval:
He should tame "his" supporters? Eastern politicians are disgrace to the igbos!

Obiano and Rochas are something else......

9 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by omaar12(m): 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Go and arrest him. It will only make the push for the actualization of Biafra stronger.

10 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by omaar12(m): 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

ill mannered or not the fact that he has giving the Biafran agitation the necessary attention it has failed to attract in past years gone by. And those true biafrans at heart devoid of factions they belong to ( massob, ipob, Bzm) are help bent on capitalizing on it in other to achieve their dream nation.

6 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by BaifraBSS(m): 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
The ones you called tout ain't what u tink of them.
We are more formidable than the physical appearance you watch that day.
I repeat,it will be the highest mistake to underestimate IPOB.

8 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2017
BaifraBSS:
The ones you called tout ain't what u tink of them.
We are more formidable than the physical appearance you watch that day.
I repeat,it will be the highest mistake to underestimate IPOB.

Na the 10 or max 30k wey BSS dey pay u dey cause all this one?
Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by muykem: 2:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
That's good one from NK then but IGBO should ready to accept any consequences of their actions either good or bad. I am saying this because till today IGBO Is still blaming one region or the other for the failed civil war.
Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by Integrityfarms(m): 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
Please tiri gwosa for this guy with much balls.. Nnamdi Kanu

7 Likes

Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by Leo3333: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Arrest him because he fights for freedom?
sad
Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by SaiNigeria: 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
muykem:
That's good one from NK then but IGBO should ready to accept any consequences of their actions either good or bad. I am saying this because till today IGBO Is still blaming one region or the other for the failed civil war.

He is ready to accept it.... Thanks for your concern
Re: IPOB: Kanu Rejects Southeast Govs’ Plea, Insists On Biafra by SaiNigeria: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
RisingSun1:
This Governors don't really know KANU

No amount of plea or threat will make him succumb

They thought they were dealing with Awolowo whose patriotism stops when his palms are not greased.

(1) (Reply)

Update: 1 NGN to 1 USD Secret: Interesting Policy Proposed by CBN.You'll like / Buhari Allegedly Orders Police To Seal Eagles Square Ahead Of Kwankwaso’s Declar / God Punish Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.