Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Nigeria High Commision In London - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria High Commision In London (11568 Views)

Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG / Fuel Subsidy Scam Protest:PROTEST ONGOING @ Nigeria High Commission..LIVE FEEDS / Nigeria High Commission, London: Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by kvolander: 1:08am On Mar 03, 2010
Ok, thanks a lot.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by lonelydude: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2010
Mehn, that nigerian embassy in london is really crazy. I got there around 11:40am and didn't leave until around 8:40pm. I almost missed the intercity bus. Thank it's over.
And I also thought the £20 postal order was for posting the epassport to your address but they said it's for processing. I wonder what the $65 fee was for. God will save us all.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by ayettymama(f): 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
everyone inno complains abt this place!!

they need to shut it down!!!

ilucky for me wit my high frends in high places!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by skfa1: 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2010
See the thread i created below and see whats going on there before u go there

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-290745.0.html
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 12:11am On Mar 12, 2010
65 dollars is for niger government back home
whilst 20 pounds postal order is for their pocket over here in uk
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 12:12am On Mar 12, 2010
@skfa1
i think things have improved slightly since u created that thread
i think if you have all your documentation
you wil be ok its just the waiting that is the problem which is not reallty the embassys fault
with loads of people always loosing their passport
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by skfa1: 9:42am On Mar 12, 2010
joxiri:

@skfa1
i think things have improved slightly since u created that thread
i think if you have all your documentation
you wil be ok its just the waiting that is the problem which is not reallty the embassys fault
with loads of people always loosing their passport

I do understand you , but there is a way the UK home office is doing there own and all this waiting,stress and fight will not occure, so we need to do it that way too, u know what I mean?
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by joxiri: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2010
that is a step too far now you cant compare uk homeoffice with niger we still have a long way to go
besides uk home office charge huge fees and have very long waiting times for applications
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by Chief000: 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2010
l applied online to renew my passport today (17th April) with the High Commission here in Londonand was given an interview date for 5th of July, 2010. l think the waiting time for interview is ridiculously too long. Does any one know whether l could probably reschedule for a nearer time please?
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by justwise(m): 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2010
Chief000:

l applied online to renew my passport today (17th April) with the High Commission here in Londonand was given an interview date for 5th of July, 2010. l think the waiting time for interview is ridiculously too long. Does any one know whether l could probably reschedule for a nearer time please?

Yes u can, when u log on with the password or ref number they gave u, look at the left handside of the page u will see a link, click on it and reshedule it.
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by eyejae(m): 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2012
Hello,

Has anyone renewed his/her passport successfully in the UK? If so could you please provide me a list of the documents you used?

According to the NIS online application form it says to take printed and signed application forms + 2 recent photos + payment confirmed + acknowledgement slip. I have all of these.

But on the website it also says to take a Guarantor's form sworn before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge + Local Government letter of identification + a Guarantor's (a) Photocopy of Data page of Nigerian standard Passport and (b) Driving License or National Identity Card. I don't have any of these.

Any info or advice from someone who has renewed successfully in the UK will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by eyejae(m): 1:04am On Feb 25, 2012
Just got my new passport. The process was very easy, except it involved me travelling twice to London.

Because I got little or no info online on how to go about the renewal, I've decided to tell my own experience. Perhaps it could help someone.

These are the documents I took to my first appointment:

1) Copy of my completed and signed online application form
2) Copy of my acknowledgement slip
3) Copy of my payment confirmed slip
4) My old passport
5) £20 Postal order
6) 2 photos

Contrary to the info on the application form, there is no need to take 2 photos. This is because the HC would take your picture and biometrics there.

Very important: you have to go on the date of your appointment (as stated in your application form), whether or not that date is after the expiry date on your passport.

I arrived at around 9:45am on the day of my appointment. There was a queue, but it moved very quickly. Some1 at the entrance checked my forms, and particularly highlighted my appointment date. Then, I was directed to a large room, where I was given a ticket number and simply waited until my number was called.

When called, I presented those documents I've listed and then waited again until I was called to go upstairs to do my biometrics + photo.

After this I was given another appointment date for the collection of my new e-passport.

Very easy process. It took about 2 hours on my first appointment, and less than 45 minutes on my next.

By the way, I got this extra info from 1 of the officials there:

Those who are under 18 would need to include a guarantor’s form filled by their parents/guardian. They also have to include a photocopy of the guarantor’s passport data page.

Also, very important: if you already have a Nigerian passport and you did not get it in the UK, they would check for your visas. If they don't find any visa, they would ask you how and where you got your passport.

There’s 1 more point that was made about the passport for another category of people. Unfortunately, I do not remember it right now.

So, this is my experience. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers
Re: Nigeria High Commision In London by cmax16: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
eyejae: Just got my new passport. The process was very easy, except it involved me travelling twice to London.

Because I got little or no info online on how to go about the renewal, I've decided to tell my own experience. Perhaps it could help someone.

These are the documents I took to my first appointment:

1) Copy of my completed and signed online application form
2) Copy of my acknowledgement slip
3) Copy of my payment confirmed slip
4) My old passport
5) £20 Postal order
6) 2 photos

Contrary to the info on the application form, there is no need to take 2 photos. This is because the HC would take your picture and biometrics there.

Very important: you have to go on the date of your appointment (as stated in your application form), whether or not that date is after the expiry date on your passport.

I arrived at around 9:45am on the day of my appointment. There was a queue, but it moved very quickly. Some1 at the entrance checked my forms, and particularly highlighted my appointment date. Then, I was directed to a large room, where I was given a ticket number and simply waited until my number was called.

When called, I presented those documents I've listed and then waited again until I was called to go upstairs to do my biometrics + photo.

After this I was given another appointment date for the collection of my new e-passport.

Very easy process. It took about 2 hours on my first appointment, and less than 45 minutes on my next.

By the way, I got this extra info from 1 of the officials there:

Those who are under 18 would need to include a guarantor’s form filled by their parents/guardian. They also have to include a photocopy of the guarantor’s passport data page.

Also, very important: if you already have a Nigerian passport and you did not get it in the UK, they would check for your visas. If they don't find any visa, they would ask you how and where you got your passport.

There’s 1 more point that was made about the passport for another category of people. Unfortunately, I do not remember it right now.

So, this is my experience. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers

am about renewing my passport. i have all the listed document except number 2 (acknowledgement slip) i don't know how to generate this during the online application, would this be a problem? i know this thread is a bit old now, but any help would be welcomed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Terrible Mistakes Business Travelers Can Make When Flying / How Can I Retrieve A Stolen Passport / LRU Training For Aircraft Emergencies (Photos From Their Simulation Exercise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.