Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,863 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

Kenya Supreme Court Annuls Result Of Presidential Polls - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Supreme Court Annuls Result Of Presidential Polls (453 Views)

Niger: Mutiny In Niamey Over Unpaid Salaries Of Presidential Guards / Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds William Ruto's Presidential Victory / Kenya Election 2017: Supreme Court Annuls Kenyatta Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya Supreme Court Annuls Result Of Presidential Polls by iliyande(m): 10:08am On Sep 01, 2017
Kenya's Supreme Court has nullified the result of the August 8 presidential election won by President Uhuru Kenyatta.

In a ruling issued on Friday, the court said the electoral board committed "irregularities and illegalities" during last month's vote, harming the integrity of the election.

The court ordered another presidential election to be held within 60 days.

"The declaration [of Kenyatta's win] is invalid, null and void," said Judge David Maranga, announcing the verdict of four out of the six judges.

The protest was brought before the Supreme Court by opposition leader Raila Odinga, who lost to Kenyatta.

Kenyatta was announced the winner with 54 percent of the vote - but Odinga claimed the election was rigged.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/kenya-supreme-court-annuls-result-presidential-polls-170901084743579.html

Lalasticlala
Re: Kenya Supreme Court Annuls Result Of Presidential Polls by joe4christ(m): 10:10am On Sep 01, 2017
Is this a joke or what?
Re: Kenya Supreme Court Annuls Result Of Presidential Polls by Mynd44: 10:12am On Sep 01, 2017
Re: Kenya Supreme Court Annuls Result Of Presidential Polls by sarrki(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2017
That's one thing I will respect Gej for
Re: Kenya Supreme Court Annuls Result Of Presidential Polls by evy1(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2017
A precedent been set for other African Countries.
Re: Kenya Supreme Court Annuls Result Of Presidential Polls by SalamRushdie: 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2017
sarrki:
That's one thing I will respect Gej for

GEJ had many qualities people like me couldn't see then but today I see it clearly , I swear under GEJ my sales girls were buying themselves brand new laptops and I was amazed because at their age Na second hand lappy we dey find but today they are back to square again and can't even afford new phones ...The mistake Jonathan made was allowing corruption to thrive under his watch but that self can be as a result of metaphysical influence

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Grants Citizenship To A Female Robot, Sophia / Under Mugabe Zimbabwe Had The Highest Literacy Rate In Africa / Joe Barton, US Congressman Exposed On Twitter For Sending Nudes To A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.