Stats: 3,153,121 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) (32981 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Clear A Cheque / 9 Clear Signs You Will Be Poor - FinancialSlot / Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training (2) (3) (4)

Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
This place looks like Douglas Owerri. Quite old and congested.
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by introvertedsoul: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2017
Swimming in gutter with reckless abandon..
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Flakky26(f): 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
drop your innovative ideas for a prosperous Nigeria here
www.myinputng.webs.com www.fb.com/myinputng
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by judgedredd22(m): 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
alfa666:
I wonder what those gloves are for.

Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by thesicilian: 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2017
banmee:

The unbelievable things you guys are used to just boggles the mind. When it comes to health issues, you have to wait for perfect conditions else you are going to create more problems for yourself and the society.
Guy I feel you. We know what is best and what we should do and aspire to, its just that in Nigeria, half bread is better than none, even health wise. If they don't clear those things themselves, they could still die from Lassa, Snake bites, Malaria, Typhoid, Pneumonia and all sorts of infections while waiting for perfect conditions
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by sapientia(m): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
Whoever sent these men exposed to do this work should arrested.

Am sure the protective gadgets were covered by the Budget. If not, the people that prepared the budget should be arrested too.

If the money was released, the people that ate the money should be arrested.

This is an abuse...
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by adebaba5: 8:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nawao! that first pics though. I pity the woman wey the man go drill her borehole.
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by mrgreen4real(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
I see a man entering manhole
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Akinlady(f): 8:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
[great guys, we can only make this country great 2gether.thumbs up]A round of applause for these men. They are the real MVPs in the fight for a cleaner Nigeria.[/quote]

Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by princy80(m): 8:21pm On Sep 01, 2017
It is only the blood of Jesus that can cleanse them!
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2017
In 21st century? Jesu.....
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by spinna: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2017
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by googi: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
Small time naw, we go say lack of equipment.

How difficult is it to devise homemade equipment abi na local intelligence we go use self to clean manhole or gutter? We are all waiting for that equipment from London and America. So why me naw kuku design and sell the gear sef? Bastard will not buy locally made because I will not put money into their foreign accounts.

For little money, the state can call for submission of locally made equipment.
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
[quote author=Flaghouse1 post=60036622

Don't mind the idiot ,if na America or UK he will gladly do it, this is one of the high paying menial job in western world, if not for our stupid system these guys should earn nothing less than 259k per month aside overtime[/quote

No one will allow you do that in any developed country without proper PPE
They are very strict on safety just letting you know boss

Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Honestagbons(m): 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2017
Rubbish
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by lereinter(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2017
for what na
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by lereinter(m): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2017
my people suffer cos of lack of knowledge
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Mynet11(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2017
Chai...all because of papers
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by DabuIIIT: 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
One cannot trust coneheads,they might just be codedly looking for harvested hidden heads,uno grin grin
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by patola080(m): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Can you imagine! And some are saying "hard work".
is dis nt better than waiting for the government help dat may nt cum in d next years to cum
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
You won't catch women here shouting for equality. Never.

But if it is office work, ehen, what a man can do a woman can do better. mtchewww!!!!
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by Flaghouse1: 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
Esepayan:
[quote author=Flaghouse1 post=60036622

Don't mind the idiot ,if na America or UK he will gladly do it, this is one of the high paying menial job in western world, if not for our stupid system these guys should earn nothing less than 259k per month aside overtime[/quote

No one will allow you do that in any developed country without proper PPE
They are very strict on safety just letting you know boss

I know it's a standard to be kitted with the Necessary PPE for such harzardous jobs, my grouse with the guy is that he is just comkonising the effort of the people and feel such menial job is demeaning that's why I had to compare same job overseas
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by domben(m): 11:11pm On Sep 01, 2017
Homeboiy:
Not only in Lagos
even in Benin city I have seen them severally
. undeveloped country...
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by samsobo24(m): 11:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
I believe, if the cleaner Lagos initiative starts fully, it will stop. www.nairaland.com/4020792/update-cli-new-e-waste-binscompactors-ready
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by JhyMedex: 1:21am On Sep 02, 2017
kingxsamz:
hard work
What Men go thru to take care of their families.. dnt b surprised dt some of dem after all dis go home n get disrespected by their Wives..

Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by InvertedHammer: 2:07am On Sep 02, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

What you have posted is nonsense because you have not tested their immunity in any way and you will not be present to know when they fall ill or die.
In any case, assuming you are correct, is the purpose of an active immunity to be tested by exposure to dangerous conditions ?
/

Question.

//
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by InvertedHammer: 2:12am On Sep 02, 2017
banmee:

Unbelievable. Smh.

Keep SYH.

Those guys are probably healthier than you.

They are getting natural vaccination...no needles and syringes involved.

The same way you line up to be infected with some disease to build your immunity. Abi because oyibo put am for bottle you no know say you and these men have been exposed to same crap?

All the time you dey match for flood after rainfall in Nigeria, no be water from the same gutter you dey match so? Na im you never die. Dont forget the free-for-all urine and faeces in the bushes wey flood they carry comot. Keep deceiving yourself.
/
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by banmee(m): 2:16am On Sep 02, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Keep SYH.

Those guys are probably healthier than you.

They are getting natural vaccination...no needles and syringes involved.

The same way you line up to be infected with some disease to build your immunity. Abi because oyibo put am for bottle you no know say you and these men have been exposed to same crap?
/

Albert Einstein said, and i quote; "You have to respect the way a Nigerian thinks. It is truly amazing".

Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by InvertedHammer: 2:19am On Sep 02, 2017
banmee:

Albert Einstein said, and i quote; "You have to respect the way a Nigerian thinks. It is truly amazing".

What you match in a flood after rainfall in Nigeria is probably worse. Urine + faeces + all kinds of nyamanyama.
I see you and these guys as the same. No forming. Your body could pass as a biological weapon.

\
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by banmee(m): 2:22am On Sep 02, 2017
InvertedHammer:

What you match in a flood after rainfall in Nigeria is probably worse. Urine + faeces + all kinds of nyamanyama.
I see you and these guys as the same. No forming. Your body could pass as a biological weapon.

\

Bill Clinton said, and i quote; "It is hard to enlighten a Nigerian with zero education"
Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by ImperialYoruba: 2:31am On Sep 02, 2017
christejames:
Better paraphernalia and kits should be adopted to cover up the exposed body parts of the workers, or better still, a mechanized means of clearing manholes should equally be adopted. We shouldn't be doing things the old or stagnant way in this country again biko... It's time we flow with the tide of modernity.

There is no known mechanized way to clean these type of manholes.

Water pump should be used to first drain water from the entrance and the pit.

Next a ventilator is put down there to aerate and control moisture and dampness level below hazardous level. At high level, if inhaled is devastating to respiratory system and lungs.

Workers going down the hole are outfitted in hazmat grade protectors (treated latex boots and gloves, goggles, earplugs, nose or facemask, latex overcoat).

Last, when the worker emerge he should step into a treatment area and hosed down with water.

Re: Men Enter Gutter To Clear A Blocked Drainage In Lagos (pictures) by InvertedHammer: 2:36am On Sep 02, 2017
banmee:

Bill Clinton said, and i quote; "It is hard to enlighten a Nigerian with zero education"
/

I have given you some free education today.

/

Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan / Is My Boss Diabolic Or Am I Just Being Superstitious? / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo)