Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (40195 Views)

Update: Reasons My Ex's Mother Rejected Me And Aborted Our Baby / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts / Nigerian Man Set To Wed Fiancee After Their Wedding Was Delayed 7 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Benekruku(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2017
Nma27:
That's just my problem with d op. Op you can pray for God to soften ur mum's heart. If he can soften pharaoh's heart, I'm sure he can soften ur mum's.

Sigh....
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by femi4: 9:09am On Sep 02, 2017
Passy089:
I've dated my fiancee from my year 1 in the university that's 9years now, she stood with me through thick and thin, never left me for ready made guys, she trusted and supported me and I promised myself no woman will make me happier than her so I proposed to marry her....

So I took her to see my parents for the first time, but I got the shock of my life when my mum rejected her at 1st sight for no particular reason her word was "my spirit just don't accept her" my dad was cool about my choice as long as I'm happy, I've been begging my mother to reconsider but she has made it clear she won't have anything to do with her or me if I go ahead and marry her.

I'm just confused,the last person I'll leave is my fiancee but my mum too is very special to me.
what should I do??

MOD please help forward this to FP
If you leave that girl and she curse you, even your pastor won't be able to remove the curse

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by sammieguze(m): 9:12am On Sep 02, 2017
Passy089:
I've dated my fiancee from my year 1 in the university that's 9years now, she stood with me through thick and thin, never left me for ready made guys, she trusted and supported me and I promised myself no woman will make me happier than her so I proposed to marry her....

So I took her to see my parents for the first time, but I got the shock of my life when my mum rejected her at 1st sight for no particular reason her word was "my spirit just don't accept her" my dad was cool about my choice as long as I'm happy, I've been begging my mother to reconsider but she has made it clear she won't have anything to do with her or me if I go ahead and marry her.

I'm just confused,the last person I'll leave is my fiancee but my mum too is very special to me.
what should I do??

you sef....
you date a girl for 9 good yrs and nobody knows her?
that's weird

I would rather be a bachelor than denied the ability to love my love

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Opakan2: 9:13am On Sep 02, 2017
Looks can be deceptive..

From your story, the lady you want to marry might be a witch or what Yorubas call emere (Iono the English for it). It's not written on the head.

And the worst thing that can befall a man in this life is to get entangled with a witch.

Talk to your priests or bishops, whichever and explain things to them.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Afhounja(m): 9:13am On Sep 02, 2017
Women like to see each other get married to men. Women also LOVE seeing their sons getting married.

But at the same time, women UNDERSTAND each other.

So, for your mother to say such, you should trust that there's a good reason behind it.

I'm not saying that you must obey your mother but you're likely going to regret not heeding her words....

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Dammytemmy(f): 9:17am On Sep 02, 2017
U did bad bro 9years nd ur mum dnt know her.girl self get patience.

5 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by okerekeikpo: 9:17am On Sep 02, 2017
Na spiritual husband dey do the girl

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by JDelight(m): 9:17am On Sep 02, 2017
Mehn this one hard oh bro u should have taken her to meet ur parent to introduce her as a friend before now na

Pls I will advice u not to let the girl go cus she might over react
I don't want to hear the story that touch.

Let your mum know your mind is made up.

I wish u all the best.

Or if possible, u can go out urself and check the future with her in an Africa way.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Omeiz(m): 9:18am On Sep 02, 2017
U see, I know parents will always go for the best for their children... Here some times our parents love us so much that they don't want the best for us, that is if you understand what i mean, because most times they can be SINCERELY WRONG... My guy no woman will do what that Lady did for you now... MARRY HER... BUT TRY AND CONVINCE YOUR MUM, SHE'S YOUR MUM... SHALOM

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Temmywalex: 9:18am On Sep 02, 2017
Try to convince your mum. Let her know how much you love your fiance and how long both of you had been together. It might sound funny but I will tell you that you should see your mum as a new task or a new lady you want to woo to accept your lady. In the end, she would agree, involve your dad too. Remember that it is already 2 against 1 i.e You and your dad against your mom. Both of you should try to win her over to your side. I wish you all the best.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Opakan2: 9:18am On Sep 02, 2017
Afhounja:
Women like to see each other get married to men. Women also LOVE seeing their sons getting married.

But at the same time, women UNDERSTAND each other.

So, for your mother to say such, you should trust that there's a good reason behind it.

I'm not saying that you must obey your mother but you're likely going to regret not heeding her words....

Funny thing is.. the mother might have seen the so called fiancee somewhere doing something bad in the past which came to back to her vividly immediately she saw the lady's face

Guys need to be careful with women of nowadays. They've mastered the act of pretence and perfected it.
Let them get what they want (eg. ring) and see their real colour after.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by HASSANAASIA(f): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Take me instead am the chosen one lol....no but seriously your mum should consider she ain't gonna stay with you or emmm with you either she only needs to pray for you..

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by DeRay98(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Passy089:

what should I do??

O boy you fall hand big time, since for 9 yrs you even playfully carry her reach for a short visit so that your folks can see her and use style assess her before you became serious? That na how you spoil show for her. Now, after all her faithfulness which is rare nowadays, even if you go on to marry her which is proper there 'll always be tension in your house. Your mom will not be happy, your wife 'll be under pressure of not being accepted by her mother in law and you 'll not be happy at the situation.
It's your dad and other siblings who would have to prevail on your mom to calm down.
You get diplomatic work to do oh, may God help you.

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by beautiful232(f): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
the truth is clear, I know sometimes we need our parents blessings,but no what matter they can not choose wife or husband for us, so go for your happiness,she will change her mind wen she knows your serious bout your decision...

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by otitokoroleti: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Passy089:

what should I do??

is she bursty or fair complexioned? if yes to either of the two, its normal among Nigerian mothers. its a matter if time, your mother will accept her. As far as ik.concerned, you know what's good for you & its unacceptable for mother to choose wife for their kids.
All the best

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Coldfeets: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Simple.

Apply for asylum to US of A or Canada on the grounds that your mom rejected your wife to be.

Dem dey like dat kain thing.

But make you no just tell dem say the rejection was based on spiritual reason.

Dem no dey like hear dat kain thing.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
ignore ur mum at ur own peril, I'm sure she will tell u her reasons latter
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by chronique(m): 9:19am On Sep 02, 2017
Nairaland!!! Every day, one problem or the other. It's well though.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by YelloweWest: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2017
Your mum is dead wrong and you know it.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Bobnotrouble: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2017
Follow your mind provided you trusted your fiancee and no cogent reason from your Mom for the refusal.
Nice that your Dad is cool about it.
Don't be disrespectful to your Mom though, she might eventually support the relationship.
Some Moms do feel jealous that another lady will now be in control of their Son and so exhibit unnecessary rivalry between them and their daughter-in-laws.
Pray to your Creator for guidance and wisdom in handling the situation.
I wish you wont leave your Fiancee heartbroken ( 9 Years is not 9 Months ).
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Benekruku(m): 9:20am On Sep 02, 2017
Opakan2:
Looks can be deceptive..

From your story, the lady you want to marry might be a witch or what Yorubas call emere (Iono the English for it). It's not written on the head.

And the worst thing that can befall a man in this life is to get entangled with a witch.

Talk to your priests or bishops, whichever and explain things to them.

You watch too much home videos!

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by okenwaa(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2017
Bro won't tell you to go and start begging your mum..

She rejected her on seeing her....that's strong.
You might think she's not being fair to you cus maybe you dated the girl for 9years,but from your story, she doesn't know d@..

Mothers see something in women d@ other people don't see..
Sisters too.

Forget about the 9years you dated the girl and try finding out reasons from your mum..

She might have seen something in the girl d@ she doesn't know how you'll take it if she tells you.

@ this point, no one can give u a reasonable advice until the reason for her saying "no" is ascertained.

But listen to ur mama bro

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by RSVP: 9:21am On Sep 02, 2017
Who lead you to life can somtimes lead you to hell.

Don't always trust all these "mum" advice when it comes relationship mater.

She's living her life and you got urs to live too.

Your spirit doesn't blend with others at first sight doesn't mean they bad...

my opinion tho. undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by ssogundele(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2017
Lewaluv:
Ignore your mother.
That's good if that is coming from a lady but know for a certainty that your son(if you have or when you have) will for a sure not only ignore you and your counsel but will abandon you too. Well done for the advice

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2017
Passy089:

thanks bro...I appreciate

This generation...You just don't surpise one...How can you date a person for nine years and didn't consider knowing each other's families.. a kid of nine years would have reached primary four...

This is what to do, tell your mother, she will be marrying her, and she may stay away if she's not interested in coming...Your dad's blessing is sufficient to receive God's blessings...

Simple..

I'm dissapointed ... Nine years, and you didn't consider taking her to see your family..You are wicked. and whatever becomes of this girl, the guilt will be on your soul for a very long time...If you had jilted her long ago, she would have gotten over 100 suitors...you want to waste her time and her life...

How does your mother thinks she is? Tell me?

Pure jealousy, she's only mad because she wasn't involved in the choosing process and feels like her baby is been stolen away.. shameless mothers. Next thing, if the marriage goes ahead, we hear the ladies slump and dies..na their way... evil people

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Opakan2: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2017
Benekruku:

You watch too much home videos!

Nope!

You're ignorant of your surroundings.
Not until you become a realist, you'll never understand the complexity of life.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by DEADALIVE: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2017
please take time out and carry out investigation as regards your mom background and your fiancée.... before you take any decision. God bless you, hope you excel and scale through.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by taurusmena1(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2017
You are the architect of your problem.how can u date a girl for 9yrs nd u never deemed it necessary to take her home until the last minute.I find it hard to believe what I just rea d cos it doesn't add up

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by migeoart(f): 9:26am On Sep 02, 2017
Talk to your mom about it,try to know what exactly is the problem,never ignore your parents in this because she is not getting married to you alone ,the family is greatly involved ! Also pray very hard ! Shalom

1 Like

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 02, 2017
Passy089:

In My family ....you are not allowed bring your girlfriends to the house except if you re ready to marry the person .perhaps I studied far away from where my parents live .

Terrible lie @In My family ....you are not allowed bring your girlfriends to the house except if you re ready to marry the person .perhaps I studied far away from where my parents live .

I was born in Catholic family too.. stop giving excuses, you're a weak man.. Marry the girl... let your mother not visit your house.. boys forming men...you just want to destroy this girl's life...

Can i ask why your parent never asked you to bring a girl home through your growing years?

This thread is annoying

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by RSVP: 9:27am On Sep 02, 2017
Coldfeets:
Simple.

Apply for asylum to US of A or Canada on the grounds that your mom rejected your wife to be.

Dem dey like dat kain thing.

But make you no just tell dem say the rejection was based on spiritual reason.

Dem no dey like hear dat kain thing.

grin grin grin

Bros you be Alibaba?? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Olajohn5: 9:27am On Sep 02, 2017
It could be spiritual my brother. U need to pray fervently about it. Those women know them selves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH / Bayelsa Woman Gives Birth To Sextuplets After 6 Years Of Having Twins (Photos) / Happy 50th Wedding Anniversay To My Parents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.