Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (40224 Views)

Update: Reasons My Ex's Mother Rejected Me And Aborted Our Baby / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts / Nigerian Man Set To Wed Fiancee After Their Wedding Was Delayed 7 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by ebonflexy(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2017
OP You know the answer already to your question. Its in you, clawing to come out.

I will say this: Marriage is not for Boys. You have no business taking on a wife if you lack either the conviction (you will know if you do) or the stalwart fortitude to be her shield...even if she is at fault.

Her and Your parents will be the first people to prove this to. In this case, it seems to be more of the latter.

I certainly wouldn't want that girl to get married to a man who doesn't have her back or is easily shaken. The bible calls such a man an slowpoke. Perhaps the true man for her is someone else. Who knows.

The bible tells you what you need to know when it comes to marriage: "For this reason a man shall leave his parents...".

Whatever it is you decide, know that these conundrums simply don't end here. There will be times in your marriage with whoever you finally get married to, where you have to place severe boundaries or ultanatums on in-laws from both ends. This is what it means to be a man and a shield of your family that YOU are trying to build.

The precedence you set when you start your family will determine how bold external parties get with trying to meddle in your internal family affairs.
Re: My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 12, 2018
Lewaluv:
Ignore your mother.

Right... So when your child brings a woman that you have reservations about,you will be satisfied if your child goes ahead and marry the woman.You lack depth of thought girl.Sometimes I wonder how you people were raised.No wisdom at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Bayelsa Woman Gives Birth To Sextuplets After 6 Years Of Having Twins (Photos) / Update On Woman Who Slapped Her Husband At LUTH / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.