Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death (26831 Views)

Nigerians React To Obi Cubana’s First Son, Alex’s Grades In School (Photos) / Abba Bichi Reacts To Obi Cubana's Arrest For 'Money Laundering' / Cubana Chief Priest Gives 46 Cows To Obi Cubana For His Mother's Burial ( Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Nollyzonenews: 6:37am On Sep 02, 2017
The Late Actor had been managing the condition since 2009 when he founded the Saving Life for Africa Diabetes Foundation, but his diabetic ailment got worse in 2016, and he had to be hospitalised at the Federal Medical Centre, Ebute-Metta, Lagos.

But just as many thought that the battle was over, death sneaked in, claiming the strong man in ‘Battle of Musanga’. He was just about shooting another movie after a long time in the hospital.

Here is how most of his colleagues reacted to the news:

Nobert Ajaegbu broke the new when he said: “I am pondering at the nodding of the lizard, your goats are bleating, an outstanding king, Obi my good friend, where are you? Tell me it is a dream.”

In no time, the news has gone round.

Kate Henshaw could not believe the news. “Jesus! Lord have mercy!” she exclaimed, saying; “It can’t be true… he sent me a script a while back that he wanted to shoot… haaaaaaa!!!”

Robert Peters corroborated her: “How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle. He recently sent a script he wanted us to work on… we spoke a couple of times and he sounded so strong. God knows best. Rest in Peace Obi the King of Musanga.”

Some of his colleagues who allegedly abandoned him during his trying times reached out to his wife, just to be sure it wasn’t another bad rumour.

“Confirmed. Obi is dead. We just spoke to his wife. He developed fever yesterday, went to the hospital this morning, had complications and died. The family is taking him home tomorrow. May his soul rest in peace,” said Chidi Nwokeabia.

Recollecting their good times together, Lanre Falana said: “Obi will call me the “thick man” and I would call him the “muzanga king”, we’ve been like that since 2002, wow! 2002 is a long way back man; my muzanga king has gone to rest. Hmmmmm! Till we meet to part no more my dear friend. My one and only muzanga king is gone, God knows best.”

This was just as Opa Williams pondered: “This guy went to inspect my Studio last Thursday to start shoot soon. Abeg, life na waya.”

Late Nollywood actor Obi Madubogwu aka King of Musanga lost his battle to the killer disease few days ago.

http://news.nollyzone.com/see-colleagues-abandoned-late-actor-obi-madubogwu-reacted-death/

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 02, 2017
They are all hypocrites every last one of them

If there's 1 thing I have come to understand about Nigerian celebrities is that they love looking for attention and they don't care about their colleagues.

Bunch of liars and attention seekers

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by KendrickAyomide: 6:44am On Sep 02, 2017
Thunder fire all of them, Bloody Hypocrites.. Makes me wonder why we should have friends if they can't Help wen u are in need

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 02, 2017
hmmmm...They can never appreciate you until you are no more...it's the norm

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by madridguy(m): 6:55am On Sep 02, 2017
I'm not surprised. Funny people seeking for irrelevant attention.
Awaiting for them to throw a carnival for him

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 02, 2017
How exactly did they abandon the guy?

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by NaijaCelebrity: 7:15am On Sep 02, 2017
they never checked on him or call his family until he lost his life
uzoclinton:
How exactly did they abandon the guy?

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 02, 2017
NaijaCelebrity:
they never checked on him or call his family until he lost his life
Ehya... Its a pity

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Mrsoundoro(m): 7:54am On Sep 02, 2017
It is everywhere. They will care after they left

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by GidifeedNews: 8:14am On Sep 02, 2017
You all receive sense in Jesus name

6 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by MrNollyzone: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2017
Pretenders everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by NwaObinkita: 11:15am On Sep 02, 2017
sad

As an actor, Obi Madubuogwu was no good anymore.

Nature sometimes has a way of forcing 'had-beens' on compulsory retirement.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Narldon: 11:16am On Sep 02, 2017

Their Hollywood Counterparts are good at "acting"

Nollywood Stars are only good at "reacting"

13 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Ruggedfitness: 11:16am On Sep 02, 2017
When she told me that acting does not pay her bills, it is now that I understand what she meant...

In other news
10 Celebrities That Donated Millions To Harvey Flood Victims
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/celebrities-donated-millions-harvey-flood.html

3 Things You Should Change If You Sleep Like A Log Of Wood
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-things-you-should-change-sleep-quality.html

3 Weird Homemade Remedies You Should Try Out
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-weird-homemade-remedies-you-should.html

3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/09/3-things-hard-fall-asleep.html
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by haconjy(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2017
that is iy
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by TerrorSquad147: 11:17am On Sep 02, 2017
Lalasticlala what do you have to say to these hypocrites??

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Eke40seven(m): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2017
I don't think they all abandoned him though. He revealed in an interview when he was alive that he produced a film to create awareness on diabetes, which is what he suffered from and all the actors who featured in the film (which were all A list) acted for free.
People should not blame fellow actors for not coming to aid of their colleagues, everyone has their challenges. Actors in Nigeria are not as rich as they portray in films or on social media.
Rather, the actors guild should make it compulsory for members to have a health insurance so they won't need to rely on the public for funds when health issues arise.

13 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by dhardline(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
Thunder fire all of them, Bloody Hypocrites.. Makes me wonder why we should have friends if they can't Help wen u are in need

I have learnt from hard experience that in this world only God is our true friend every other person will only stay in suitable circumstances.

5 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by chara019: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2017
I thought he's been sick for long,how come they're acting all surprised. mtcheeeeew.....
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Victorclean1: 11:22am On Sep 02, 2017
111jideofor:
Full list of Super Eagles lineup that defeated Cameroon today in World Cup Qualifiers.
1. EZENWA____(Igbo Biafran)
2. ECHIEJILE____(Igbo Biafran)
3. ONAZI____(Igbo Biafra)
4. NDIDI_____(Igbo Biafran)
5. MIKEL____(Igbo Biafran)
6. IHEANACHO___(Igbo Biafran)
7. SIMON_______(Igbo Biafran)
8. OGU_________(Igbo Biafran)
9. OMERUO______(Igbo Biafran)
10.EKONG______(Effik Biafran)
11. IGHALO_____(Benin)
12. VICTOR MOSES___(Benin)
13. LEON BALOGUN____(Yoruba)
14. AHMED MUSA_____(HAU

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by bastien: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2017
Eyah
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by youngerikina40(m): 11:23am On Sep 02, 2017
Hypoccrites
Tunder fire every last in of y'alll
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by bastien: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2017
Victorclean1:
111jideofor:
Full list of Super Eagles lineup that defeated Cameroon today in World Cup Qualifiers.
11. IGHALO_____(Benin)
14. AHMED MUSA_____(HAU
bozo
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Ogashub(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2017
Stupid reactions what did they do to save him when he was alive?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by deebrain(m): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 02, 2017
this is the reality of life, it's hard to find true friends. You don't have friends until you have been in need of not just money. True friends don't have to be able to solve your problem, but being there to comfort you and hold your hand through your dark days is what silver nor gold Can't buy. Almost all this people probably never once visited him in the hospital. Most of them probably never even remembered someone like him existed until they heard of his death, and then they were shocked.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by StreetSoldier(m): 11:29am On Sep 02, 2017
Victorclean1:
111jideofor:
11. IGHALO_____(Benin)
14. AHMED MUSA_____(HAU
Whatever you aim to drive at with this is so Despicable!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Obi Madubogwu's Death by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2017
Fake friends everywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr Eazi Celebrates His Girlfriend, Temi Otedola / Actress Uche Iwuanyanwu's Traditional Wedding (Photos) / Tonto Dikeh: 'Obasanjo Is Not My Son's Grandfather, Stop The Lies'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.