Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

School Fees Saga In Ambrose Alli Univeristy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees Saga In Ambrose Alli Univeristy (878 Views)

Inquiry On Parttime Degree Program In Ambrose Alli University / Ambrose Alli University Admission List Second Batch 2011/12 / Sex-for-grade Scandal In Ambrose Ali University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

School Fees Saga In Ambrose Alli Univeristy by dangelo101(m): 10:26am On Feb 23, 2010
"Schools were I learned ,they should be burned, It is Poison".
Now Ordinarily one would take this line from Idealist rap song as a mere metaphor,but in the case of my Alma Mata,Ambrose Alli University,it could actually be taken as literal as possible,the recent happenings in that Ivory tower leaves a lot to be desired or how can you ever explain the very fresh Increase of students school fees by an unprecedented 300% ! It is nothing but sheer madness!,the cited reasons were said to be due to the increase in salaries of University workers and the sincere desire of this administration to develop the University.Reasons,which smirk of insolent abuse of the wishes of the common man so much that we can even allude to the fact that maybe its their grand idea after all,maybe they are finally in their last lap of cleansing out the common men in this Nation.
For a farmer who works real hard and has dreams of his 3 kids going to school and living a different life from his,the reasons are really not plausible,because now you have just shattered his dreams and I'm not writing this to draw blood but to show how insensitive the Nigerian system has become to its very own people.How do you expect one who goes weeks without food in the family to raise fees for his kids to go to school to continue now.Now that all his efforts look as if they are in vain.This is not just an example,this is a mans life.Just one household out of the thousands that this would affect.It is therefore no surprise that some students took the law into their hands by going on rampage,although unnecessary,it goes to show the total discontent in the hearts of the common Nigerian and further presses the question,why?.
Why would a University that has been totally neglected over the years suddenly think it is the students that would bear the brunt of such Decadent Neglect.All the while that Monster of a governor called Lucky was busy Looting,no University Lecturer or academic ever raised a voice not even now while hes walking about free with all our looted monies in his accounts,believe me if we ever get just 1% of that ,our university would not need to increase fees,but no.All they ever wanted was there salary,they dont care what happens to the students they claim to educate,thats if they ever come to class to educate them in the first place.They dont know what goes on in the homes these kids all come from.They frolic with peoples daughters and get paid at the end of the month,now they want more and what do they do,lets milk the students.And wheres our government in all this? silent,like they ve been since each of these student was born.
Not to be totally indignant and unobjective,I seriously think they way the government is going about this is wrong.yes,lets raise revenue.Lets develop,but lets not kill the common man with stress while at it,we dont give student loans,we dont give jobs where students can work and pay back,we dont give welfare packages to parents who are struggling but we want to Increase the school fees,how does the math ever equate into justice? How do we make sure the common man is not victimized? Whatever happened to government subsidies or the likes? Whatever happened to slow increases and cushions? Whatever happened to Sensitivity and the Interest of all at heart?.Instead of this fire brigade approach,why dont we look around at an all encompassing approach,a broad one that helps the payers of this fees while making sure that the fees are paid in return.Whatever happened to the ultimate goal of societal Education not attained by school fees paid through the Nose.Until this Issue is thoroughly looked it,the masses will hold all of these in their hearts,they will carry it about and God forbid the day students starts taking frustrations out on Lecturers.God forbid the day the Ivory Towers in our dear Nation would be nothing more than a bloody battlefield.Think Nigerians.Think.
Re: School Fees Saga In Ambrose Alli Univeristy by candylips(m): 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2010
na real wa
Re: School Fees Saga In Ambrose Alli Univeristy by babafrayo1: 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
u said it all my broda,i don't know wat is really wrong

(1) (Reply)

Another Gold For Unilag As Students Emerge Champions Of National Mathematics Com / Unizik Students On Rampage In Awka / Apex Tutorial Centre Is Organizing A Power Packed Tutorial For The 2011 Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.