Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo (1100 Views)

'President Buhari Wore Pam Slippers To Address The Nation Instead Of Shoes' / Joe Igbokwe Caught Posting Fake Pictures Of Uyo APC Rally / Akwa Ibom Women Shutdown Streets Of Uyo In Solidarity For Udom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by TheHonourable: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
It's so common for Akwa Ibom to referred to as calabar, capital city of Cross River state.

But it is ridiculous for a National institution like the NTA to make such a mistake in their scroll bar.

This is 30 years since Akwa Ibom was created from Cross River, and the capital of Akwa Ibom is Uyo..

The Super Eagles won their match 4:0 against the Cameroonians in the Godswill Akpabio international stadium in Uyo not calabar..

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by ColdSun: 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
Beautiful! Not sure why it is though.
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by abbaapple: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2017
Nigeria everyting is going left lipsrsealed
Mttscheewww
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by TheHonourable: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2017
ColdSun:
Beautiful! Not sure why it is though.

Well Akwa Ibom was part of Cross River, hence the mistake. Besides that, Akwa Ibom and Cross River states share much similarities like languages and dressing and other cultural elements
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by ColdSun: 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2017
TheHonourable:

Well Akwa Ibom was part of Cross River, hence the mistake. Besides that, Akwa Ibom and Cross River states share much similarities like languages and dressing and other cultural elements
well I don't blame any mistaker. In fact, I'll boldly make thesame mistake anywhere.
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by Afeezation(m): 1:01pm On Sep 02, 2017
No body above mistake but I think their is incompetence.

1 Like

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by post111(m): 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2017
nta refused to grow up

3 Likes

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by SHTFguy: 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2017
Quota system

1 Like

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by Okoroawusa: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2017
they shouldn't ve made that kind of mistake.

1 Like

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by Ttipsy(f): 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2017
what is NTA
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by Realdeals(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
SHTFguy:
Quota system
I agreed.
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by paschu: 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
Guess it will also be okay when a federal agency mistakes Lagos for Oyo?

This kind of corporate idiocy makes a huge mockery of the idea of the so called One Nigeria.

TheHonourable:

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by marooh: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
Just to show that this recession is entring people's brain.
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by Marcelo290(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2017
Truth is I also mistake them both and their languages but not in an evident something like this, much more when it's coming from our so called NTA.

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by igbeke: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
post111:
nta refused to grow up

The same way Nigeria refuses to grow up.

1 Like

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by omowolewa: 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
Even my niece in KG 3 knows it, tell her to read state & capital she would make her 'tisha' proud.

Thatz an error anyway, even foreign news agency can do that. FIFA sang another Nation's National Anthem for Nigeria once.
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by TheHonourable: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
Ttipsy:
what is NTA

Norway Training Academy
Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 03, 2017
Time was, when I allowed my identity as an Akwa Ibom person to be mistaken for a calabar person out of the crave to share in the pride of place that calabar has in the map. That was then.
Today, I would never let you get away with the crime of misplacing my identity. We're not where we're supposed to be, but to get there, we must wholly accept where we are and who we are.
I support # UyoNotCalabar . NTA must apologize.

cc: lalasticlala
TonyeBarcanista
wetinhappen

Re: NTA Writes Calabar Instead Of Uyo by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 03, 2017
Afeezation:
No body above mistake but I think their is incompetence.
It seems those in charge don't research well that's why most persons think obudu cattle ranch is in Calabar

(1) (Reply)

Ladoja Visited Alao Akala In His Bodija Home In Ibadan / Nnamdi Kanu Is Planning To Run Away From The Country / You Are Truly The President Of The North - Reactions Trail Buhari’s Order To WBG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.