Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,014 members, 7,953,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:23 AM

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (30149 Views)

If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? / Who Created God? / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by permit(m): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2017
Immorttal:
My question still is: if everything was created including varied life forms and the universe itself, and was supposedly created by God, then Who created God
,he said somthin about timeless or eternal to me interrelated words, timeless meanin without notin, endles or zero, but out of notin he made himself which baffled the scientists because its beyond their comprehension, how do u explain somtin u dnt kw about its existence after ur findinds u com back wit zero valid point yet it exists? Simple put the existence of God is absolutely beyond the reach of scientists for now, but he exist, and that we are in progress to get solidified points about him #which will take us till thy kingdom come#
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by kazyhm(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2017
chemystery:
You cannot assert that it is impossible for nothing to result to something yet concluded something called god came out from nothing. That is a sincere insincerity in argument.

Time and space are human constructs. Since we can't determine when the universe was created, which must have been possibly created before the time construct was created, we can therefore conclude the universe existed independent of time and space!

You mentioned that "Prior to the universe, there was nothing, NO TIME, no space, nothing at all". But you have use the word prior to distinguish between a TIME the universe existed, and a TIME it never existed, thereby defeating that argument.

Lastly, looking at all these things you have said about god, tell me, why can't we say same of the universe? What made it invalid for the latter and not so to the former?

the only thing i can advise the op is to take some astronomical courses.........s/he would understand h/her confusion about space, time and universe
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by walls01: 11:13am On Sep 03, 2017
chemystery:
people talk about god less! A new study reveals the fastest growing religion is "no religion". Science has limit yet they have broken many limits! Why has god not able to cure HIV? Oh he is waiting for science as usual grin
You need to study evolution more (if ever you had). They is truth in large amount in it!
Science have able to reveal we share larger %age of our DNA with apes than a dog shares with fox!

the statistic is in line with the bible prophecies that people will turn away from the light but will not be every one. God cures all form of sickness but men do not believe in him. if apes is our ancestors with almost the same DNA how come they are so many difference. if apes did change into man billion of years ago what has prevented us from witnessing even one mutation live now?
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by Freeze007(m): 11:14am On Sep 03, 2017
I like your curios mind, that's how God the inexististential existence made us. frankly, the trace to the beginning if explained to you could make you go mad.

ILLUSTRATIONS

think about this way, explaining the law of thermodynamics or reproduction to a child who is 0-8months old.

The world is a school the level of advancement needed to attain this requisition entails absolute surrendering to the CAUSE AND EFFECT that should be summary for the CREATOR.

ALSO;
Before now there was no car and other mechanical enhancers that has made life a lot easier these tools you would agree are all mad-made tools. So if you can produce, bear also in mind that there is someone greater than the first inventor until you get to the ORIGIN- The originator of the others as recorded in Genesis 1:27 Defining exactly the CAUSE AND THE EFFECT(Food chain or Food web) Ecosystem. till you reach the DOMINANT!!!

SO, TO UNDERSTAND THE UNIVERSE YOU NEED TO WAKE UP FROM CONVENTIONAL MAKE BELIEVE PATTERN OF WHO THE CAUSE AND EFFECT IS. WHO TRULY FORMED NOTHING TO SOMETHING.

I HOPE I AM MAKING SENSE HERE?

ABSOLUTE COMMITMENT TO THE WILL GOD WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE TO CERTAIN DEGREE, EVEN CHRIST KNEW WE HAD MUCH TO LEARN BUT WE WERE NOT READY LIKE THE INFERENCE GIVEN IN THE FIRST PHRASE ABOUT 0-6MONTH OLD BABY

I PRAY THIS WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WANTS ME TO WRITE GOD CONTINUE TO BROADEN OUR HORIZON AS WE COME OUT AND RECEIVE THE TEACHINGS FROM CHRIST UNIVERSAL SPIRITUAL SCHOOL OF PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY

PEACE
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2017
TheOtherRoom:
Ihave always natured this theory about time. real time isnt infact real. this is why i still believe the future has already happen and infact it is possible to travel to the past. the universe seem real but its not. the universe was conjured by advance science (if i can explain it as science or magic)

From what i think based on what i've learnt.."I might be wrong though, cos i didn't do the calculations" ...If eventually we get there and have what it takes to travel.. i think You wouldn't have the light to proof you actually time travelled.. It will be some dark-continum which you will perceive to be the present. This dark-continum hypothesis of mine "momentarily" gives no room for paradoxical situations.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2017
"It is impossible for something to come out of nothing.*
Why?
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by walls01: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2017
NPComplete:

Yeah and from the early men too, man always knew the earth was flat. Man always knew the solar system was geocentric. Until science became one sided.

You have no point. Science has always improved our knowledge. And if some early believe the earth was flat, that shouldn't make us believe it too. You have brains, use it. Question whatever the early men believed. Because the early men were most idiots.

early men think like idiots and science think like idiots also because be it early man or scientific man man is man. man knowledge about physical things grows but became foolish about spiritual stuffs. if you look critically about the evolution theory you will notice that science sound very very foolish. take mutation and how life stated by the evolution theory for a start
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by walls01: 11:21am On Sep 03, 2017
NPComplete:

God to me is whatever force that holds existence together. He doesn't have to be a white man with long beards sitting on a throne wanting to destroy imaginary enemies.

your God is ideal, the real God hates disobedient souls because they ruin its plan and will judge every one according to his works.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by NPComplete: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2017
bkool7:

The Universe is God?

That would mean , God is detiorating/resetting?
Do you have any proof or even source for that?

Please!

My proof that God created the Universe is the Bible and links a posted .

Even science identifiies the existence of God .

huffingtonpost.com/entry/12-famous-scientists-on-the-possibility-of-god_us_56afa292e4b057d7d7c7a1e5

Human knowledge of the Universe varies and is limited .

That you dont know ,doesnt mean its not so

Unfortunately your Bible isn't valid in this context. If we are to take your bible as fact, we will also take the Quran, Talmud, the Kabbalah and other religious or esoteric texts as fact.

Science doesn't identify the existence of God. If it did we won't be having this argument. Even the link u posted says 12 scientists agree about the possibility, not the fact, of God. Of course there is a possibility of God. I believe in God. Even hardcore atheist won't tell u that God is impossible. The only problem is the form of God religion espouses. A god that is usually the projection of human weaknesses. Jealous, angry, capricious and petty, just like the humans that practice the religion.

Lastly, I didn't say the universe is God. I say could be. It is a possibility. Unlike the religious, I don't claim I have absolute answers. I have just created reasonable doubt to impugn whatever religious prejudice u are arguing from.

And that I don't know doesn't mean it is so. At least I am humble enough to admit I don't know and I could be wrong. Same cannot be said of u. And pretence of knowledge isn't exactly the same as knowledge.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by chemystery: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2017
walls01:

the statistic is in line with the bible prophecies that people will turn away from the light but will not be every one. God cures all form of sickness but men do not believe in him. if apes is our ancestors with almost the same DNA how come they are so many difference. if apes did change into man billion of years ago what has prevented us from witnessing even one mutation live now?
There are lots of misconception towards evolution. As for your question, I don't know and will not make assumptions as theist make on god. But if you said this happened billions of years ago, then why can we have patient for a billion years before we start raising eyebrows?

People leaving religion is not in line with any bible prophesy! People are now exposed. Science are doing wonders in diminishing god. People now to clinic when they are sick than remain at home to soliloquise in the name of praying to an imaginary friend.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by amrichy(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2017
the question of who or what created god or caused him/it to exist is not only valid, but also perfectly reasonable.
as humans, through our day to day xperienc n careful observatn of d universe, we'v com 2 understand that d existenc of everytin is ALWAYS caused by som other things(although we may often not fuly understand what these thinz ar). henc wen d bibl atributes d existenc of d univers to som eterna god, d exceptiona eternity of ds god makes no logica sense in our mind n we ther4 ask questns about it.
but personaly, i no longer ask ds question again becos i now kno wat d answer is. we humans invented d idea of a god, of satan, of heaven n hell n many other IMAGINARY thinz in an effort to make sense of certain things in d world.
in other words god, satan, angel, demon, heaven, hell etc are all a product of our imagination. THEY HAVE NO REAL EXISTENCE. I dont think god(if he truly exists) wud expect any thinkin human to beliv his existenc thru a book full of talking-snake/tower-of-babel myths.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by chemystery: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2017
kazyhm:

the only thing i can advise the op is to take some astronomical courses.........s/he would understand h/her confusion about space, time and universe
grin
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by NPComplete: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2017
walls01:

your God is ideal, the real God hates disobedient souls because they ruin its plan and will judge every one according to his works.

Yeah. The day u bring proof of the real God, I will agree with u. Till then. Believe in your kind of God. While I believe in mine.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by kazyhm(m): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2017
winner01:
Something exists, our universe. We do not know how it has come to exist. Something seems sure though, that nothing does not produce something. I'm not being absolute on this but I'm just writing based on what we have seen and observed in real life. If there is a theory worth looking at, which proves that something can come from nothing, please submit it here.

You sound so absolute on the issue of time and space. It's the same thing you accuse religious people of. Absolutism.

Now you have also brought space into the picture. Are you saying there must have been a space within which the universe was not created? Space is something you know, not nothing. What makes you so sure that space is also a human construct. You sound so sure too, I'm willing to learn.
And I'm not concluding anything, I'm simply sharing my views on why I think a question is invalid.

You're correct, and it's because I'm human. I've pointed that out earlier. I, like many other people cannot seem to come to terms with the fact that "there was a time in which time never existed". Hell I don't even know the correct grammatical expression to explain a "time in which time never existed".
Just like you my thoughts are within the confines of time and space no matter how wild.
Timelessness is something we've never experienced. It's okay if it makes no sense to us. The Creator did not seem to leave us the ability of grasping the idea of timelessness or even nothing. The human idea of nothing is still something.

We might not be able to say the same for the universe simply because of reasons I've put forth earlier.
1. The universe (something) began to exist
2. In our own capacity so far, we haven't been able to observe or demonstrate that nothing can bring forth something.
3. Something or Someone must have always existed that brought forth the universe that now exists
4. This Something or Someone is most likely independent of the features we have observed in the universe
5. Our thoughts (and opinions on time and space) no matter how wild exists within the confines of what we have observed in the universe
6. If our thoughts exists only within the confines of a created universe, then It might be safe to say that the idea of no time, no space is impossible for a human to entirely grasp since he is within the confines of time and space.
7. The Something or Someone who brought forth or created the universe exists independently of what we know or have ever seen. This Creator exists outside the logic of His creation.
8. Something exists and we know this for sure at least. Something can't come from nothing except we modify our idea of nothing. This is what we know. However you must admit that what we know is within the confines of this created universe.
9. If Something can't come from nothing then we must agree that Something or Someone powerful existed before this universe where we have found ourselves.
10. We can also agree that the origin and existence of this Powerful Something or Someone is beyond our knowledge, since our knowledge cannot run beyond the confines of creation
11. I propose however that this powerful Something or Someone did not leave this area open to us, the fact that we are debating this is enough proof. Hence the question on the origin of such Powerful Something or Someone is invalid.

the point is.......you can only define/explain what you've been taught and agreed to be correctly flawless......but what you dont know nor agreed with you can unwittingly goof.

thats the mystery of mind operation

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by swegiedon(m): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2017
sukkot:
[b]what kinda question is this on a sunday morning
lol my nigga.A wierd question on a "SUN"day.it shows they know no poo about "RA".happy sunday.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by Uchwilliam(m): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2017
The universe or basically human being was created by God therefore God is directly responsible of it. Even if there is a God that begat our God its not necessary to know it. Because as our creator its our duty to worship Him. Then its His duty to worship His own God if it exists. This is my take thanks..
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by adepeter2027(m): 11:29am On Sep 03, 2017
Rorachy:
As a true Christian, you shouldn't question God and his creation.
Why?
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by sukkot: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2017
swegiedon:
lol my nigga.A wierd question on a "SUN"day.it shows they know no poo about "RA".happy sunday.
true indeed my brother lmao. happy sunday right back at ya. too many uncircumcised philistines on nairaland lmaoo
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by NPComplete: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2017
walls01:

early men think like idiots and science think like idiots also because be it early man or scientific man man is man. man knowledge about physical things grows but became foolish about spiritual stuffs. if you look critically about the evolution theory you will notice that science sound very very foolish. take mutation and how life stated by the evolution theory for a start

I am not having this discussion with you. The part i highlighted shows me u know nothing about evolution and u are probably just gonna rehash what your pastor or imam told u. Go and read up on evolution and then we can talk. Bye.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by walls01: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2017
chemystery:

There are lots of misconception towards evolution. As for your question, I don't know and will not make assumptions as theist make on god. But if you said this happened billions of years ago, then why can we have patient for a billion years before we start raising eyebrows?

People leaving religion is not in line with any bible prophesy! People are now exposed. Science are doing wonders in diminishing god. People now to clinic when they are sick than remain at home to soliloquise in the name of praying to an imaginary friend.

the Bible did prophesy this things. people are now used to solutions outside God and he is imaginary to people who don't believe. that apart what part of the evolution theory about life is even remotely true?
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by Segekesy(m): 11:33am On Sep 03, 2017
winner01:
A timeless/eternal Being has no beginning and no end.

Timelessness excuses a being from being created.

Something that has been existing since forever has no beginning

No beginning

No beginning

No beginning

No beginning

No beginning

If something has no beginning, it simply means it was not created.

That you ask who created God means you propose that God has a beginning. Eternity has no beginning. You can see the definition of eternal which I posted above.

It's difficult to grasp because we have never seen anything like this. Our thoughts are within the confines of time and space no matter how hard we try. It's always okay to try though.
Hmm I Like Dis Part A Timeless/eternal Being Has No Begining Or Ending, God Bless You.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by walls01: 11:34am On Sep 03, 2017
NPComplete:

Yeah. The day u bring proof of the real God, I will agree with u. Till then. Believe in your kind of God. While I believe in mine.

OK
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by walls01: 11:34am On Sep 03, 2017
NPComplete:

the Bible prophecies are coming to pass
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by NPComplete: 11:36am On Sep 03, 2017
walls01:

the Bible prophecies are coming to pass

Yeah. So is the Quran and Talmud and Nostradamus prophecies. **yawn**
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by walls01: 11:36am On Sep 03, 2017
NPComplete:

I am not having this discussion with you. The part i highlighted shows me u know nothing about evolution and u are probably just gonna rehash what your pastor or imam told u. Go and read up on evolution and then we can talk. Bye.

.evolution says animals evolve to another species. pastor don't preach that on Sundays
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by adepeter2027(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Atheists, food don come oooo cheesy
N'a so
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by obinna58(m): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2017
kayoph:

Time , Time, Time... Actually i will like you to know that man didn't create time... Time is the first thing and it is immaterial... Time is basically a sequence of event.. It is a stream flow of event n happenings.. Moving strictly in one direction ==> forward... What man did was only to create a mechanism for measuring time... so the tools: Clocks to measure time in seconds, minutes, hours, calendar(working on results obtained from clocks), Day n night as result of earth's rotation, different seasons etc......All of these are tools used my man to keep track of time....

N.B: suppose all of the tools listed above ^^^ don't exist.. Time still does exist....

All of the Events that certain persons claim occurred before the creation of world, maybe/maybe not all, but certainly if it does it is yet "in time"..Because its an event. Just that no one was there to record it.

Time didn't just start when the world started.. It has been around long before the formation of what caused the formation of what caused the formation of what caused the formation of whatever there is.. All of those events happened "in time"

So personally i think time is coming from a -∞ going to a +∞
Its a mystery because it certainly has no finite beginning and no finite end

I embrace the ATR.. But if you would ask me "i think TIME is dimmension of God.. It's an inseparable consequence of his being.....

I hope my explanation helps someone wink
Your explanation doesn't
Man creating a mechanism for measuring time is the reason why time existed, time has beginning and undoubtedly going to have ending,
if you can reason beyond you will understand that everything has length of existence and it doesn't have anything to do with time, just temporal but continues

you have about 100yrs lifespan, that's a lot of time to you but it can be equivalent to 10yrs to a particular animal, out of your 100yrs lifespan 24hours can also be seen as a lot of time and lifespan to a particular animal too, mayfly has a day as lifespan but it been existing for over 300million years, it's just a measurement, nothing differs but it continues, same applied to every other things (including earth)

Time is not infinite cos there is nothing like real time, it does not exist
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by adepeter2027(m): 11:44am On Sep 03, 2017
walls01:

.evolution says animals evolve to another species. pastor don't preach that on Sundays
Who teach you this nonsense?
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by NPComplete: 11:44am On Sep 03, 2017
walls01:

Nope. U said "take mutation and how life stated by the evolution theory for a start". That means u believe that scientists believe life started by evolution. And that is very wrong. That's why I said bye.
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by kazyhm(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2017
walls01:

man only chooses to be ignorant when he likes. from the early men till know man always know he was created until science one sided way about creation. from our forefathers man always know about another beings the spirit beings which science have formed ignorant of because they cannot scientifically prove it really on the logical way of thinking even they know has great limit

i love this your angle........can we go back to OGUN, SANGO.......shrine would have been better........some of our forefathers are happily in heaven right now bro
Re: Who Created God? - An Invalid Question by chemystery: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2017
walls01:
the Bible did prophesy this things. people are now used to solutions outside God and he is imaginary to people who don't believe. that apart what part of the evolution theory about life is even remotely true?
where exactly did the Bible say and what verse?
People are used to solution outside god god god is not a solution!

Evolution deals primarily with changes in successive generations over time. You can make research if you wish to know more. I don't like going into evolution argument cos I only have a basic knowledge about it. But I know it is very broad

If god could not know his creation, snake don't eat dust, and that the earth is not flat, then god or bible should not be placed before science.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients / Download Audio And Lyrics Video: Travis Greene - Made A Way (gospel Music) / Explosion Rocks Catholic Church In Umuahia (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.